Behind Her Smile by Silverbaby


Number of reviews: 14
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
It took me forever and a day to update. I know. I just had a major brainfreeze, graduation plans and finals... It's a little better now. I changed the story to a short because I figured it'll be resolved soon. Have fun and enjoy.

*~* 2 *~*

 

 

The lines in his brow were unchanging and relentless in their persecution of his skin. His outward appearance so deeply reflected his inward thoughts that anyone close to him could almost look into his eyes and discover the object of his mind's dwellings.

 

Justin lay flat on the bed, his hands folded serenely on his midsection, his eyes trained on the popcorn ceiling of his bedroom. In this calm setting he was able to aptly focus attentions on all the goings on in his mind. Zaria was on his mind... incessantly so, and all he could do was stumble down the road she was leading him on. He knew where it was headed. He knew he had more invested in the relationship than she did.

 

He was in love.

 

And she?

 

"I like you Justin."

 

The words were stuck in his head. He knew there were deeper emotions behind them than her articulation had allowed.

 

She, Zaria, was so perfectly wonderful, but also so effectually restrained, though not to the extent where it made him doubt her feelings for him. Rather, it made him wonder what she was hiding. Their conversations had often been long and probing, but usually she was doing the probing. Topics that lingered on her for to long were effectively shut down.

 

A tick of the clock. A rustle at the window. Small little increments of reality swept into his thoughtful state. He was completely enraptured and wanting more than she could--or would-- give.

 

Justin rubbed his hands rather harshly across his face as if sweeping away the evidence of his thoughts from it.

 

He was a little unsure of what to do. Here he was, wasting away the time when he could be doing something productive. The grip she held on his heart was vicelike but not cruel.

 

He wanted to see her.

 

 

*~*

 

 

 

 

Zaria and her best friend Renee Sears were seated in her living room. The young women lay stretched out on the floor, three photo albums between them, one open. They pored over the pictures, recounting parts of their lives past. The photographs held so many memories for Zaria. Every picture had a story. But every story isn't one I want to remember. But she would put that away for now and focus on the good stories. There was a picture of her and Renee headed off for their first fay of work at Dunkin Donuts. They'd been lucky enough to get jobs at the same resturaunt and on the same shift.

 

"I looked fresher in my uniform than you did." Renee stated. Her cherry red fingernail tapping on the picture.

 

Zaria looked at her friend than peered closer at the photo. "You, my friend, are mistaken. I do believe I am the better looking one in this picture." Her eyes skimmed ahead to the next picture. She and her best male friend, Jonah, sitting in the car he'd received for his sixteenth birthday. "I loved that car." She said, pointing to the electric blue Ford Mustang in the image.

 

"I still can't believe he totaled it." Renee muttered, shaking her head.

 

Zaria grunted an agreement. "I know, what an idiot." She paused. "I love him though."

 

The doorbell rang.

 

Zaria groaned. "Damnit. Do you want to get it Renee?"

 

"Not particularly." Renee shook her head and continued glancing through the pictures. "I'll let you do it." She added, as if allowing her friend to acheive some great accomplishment.

 

Zaria labored to push herself off the floor. Was track season that long ago? She eventually stood and stumbled towards the door of the friend's shared apartment. The doorbell rang again, just as she was looking through the peephole. A smile covered her face as she unchained and unlocked the door. "Justin." She was grinning. "What are you stopping by for?" She questioned as he smiled and kissed her softly.

 

"I--" He shrugged and scratched at the nape of his neck. "Can I come in?"

 

"Of course." She moved to the side, allowing him entrance. They stood in the hallway and she looked at him, aware of the tiredness in his eyes. "Are you ok?" He seemed apprehensive about something.

 

He said slowly, "I'm not sure." His eyes flitted down the small hallway and towards the living room. He looked back at her, his clear blue eyes filled with questions. "Is Renee here?"

 

Zaria nodded wordlessly, continuing to stare at him with uncertainty. He was acting strangely and uncomfortably around her. "Are you ok?" She repeated.

 

He seemed to snap out of his phase with those words and the foreigness of his eyes were replaced by the smile of his lips. "Do you want to take a walk?"

 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki