Listen To Your Heart Series by pbmaxca


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Miracles (with signs and wonders)

She was ahead of schedule, which for her was a true miracle.  She'd thought that her wedding day would be a disaster when the weatherman had predicted rain earlier that week, but the weather was the least of her problems.

Of course when a woman is about to promise her love an devotion to the man of her dreams one wouldn't expect her to think of anything else except to march the correct speed down the isle, but with most brides-to-be, she does have those last thoughts of past loves and losses.

It's a natural process for both bride-to-be and groom-to-be to think of their lives and the changes that will be made when the union of their marriage is confirmed and cemented together with those tiny little words, "I do".

If both bride-to-be and groom-to-be are lucky, they know immediately that what they are doing is the right thing.  They know that past lovers are in the past and that their future lies with the person at the far end of the isle in the church.

If, however the both bride-to-be and groom-to-be are unlucky, their thoughts lead them back down the road of their lives to the one that got away.  The heart may walk with another for a time and may break over and over, but true love is a memory that the heart never forgets.

A knock sounded at the door and she could hear, as the door opened to reveal the upstairs hallway, that many of her bridesmaids had started to arrive.  It was still early in the day, but she'd wanted them there to share the day with her.

"Good morning Felicity honey."

"Morning," she replied.

Her mother stood outside, leaning in, wearing a robe and curlers.  "Someone is here to see you?"

She knew that there would be people in and out today, but she hadn't expected her mother to sound as if they were planning a funeral and not a wedding.  It must be someone important for that kind of a reaction.

"Who?"

Her mother's face spoke volumes, but it couldn't at all buffer the surprise she was about to have.

"Him."

"He's not supposed to see me before the wedding," she said immediately.  "He knows..."

"Not HIM," she said.

"Him who?"

"JC."

Her stomach plumpted as if she'd been on the Tower of Terror at Disney World.  She couldn't remember a time when the floor felt as if it had actually fallen out from under her this way.

"You look as if you're going to throw up."

Her eyes widened at her mother's stupid comment.  "What is he doing here?"

Her mother shrugged.  "He said he just wanted to see you for a moment and that he was on his way out of town.  I expect it probably has something to do with--"

"If he wants to start something to do with custody of--"  Her words cut off as she moved to grab a robe.  "He picked an aweful time to do it."

"He's in the den," her mother offered up as she stormed out of the master bedroom and headed towards the den downstairs.

His back was to her when she walked in the room.  The french doors that lead to the backyard were closed but the sheer coverings on the doors let in a lot of light considering all things.  He looked like an angel with this halo of grayish light surrounding his sillouette.

When he heard her click the door shut he turned around.

Dressed in a formal black pinstriped suit he looked nothing like he had when she'd seen him last.  Her eyes scanned his figure.  He'd been out in the rain.  Not only was a long black rain jacket slung over his arm, but the mist had caught in hair, causing the slick dark hair to curl slightly.  He looked older.  The salt and pepper graying around his temples had caught her off guard at first, but overall he looked good.  The kind of good that made a person make a stupid life decision based on nothing more than a sexual need that the person wasn't even thinking about in the first place.

Her mouth went dry.  Her heartbeat pounded in her ears.  She licked her lips and took a deep breath.  "What are you doing here?"

Expressionless, his hand dug into his suit pocket and he quickly pulled something out.  "I brought you this."

As he stepped forward she could smell the rain on him.  He'd always smelled good, but today was a change.  He was natural, almost too natural.  He didn't seem nervous.  She would have smelled the hint of his deoterant if he had been.  She still remembered that much about him.

It was just an envelope, but an outsider would have thought that it was poison.  "I need to go," she said quickly not moving to take the envelope.  "I'm getting married."

"I know," he said, "I would have gotten this to you sooner, but--"  He broke off and looked down at his toes, still holding out the envelope to her.  When she didn't take it, his head moved up.  His eyes begged her to take the envelope from him, "Just read it."  He took a deep breath and looked down the hallway nervously.  "Please."

She took it from him and flipped it over immediately to see what was inside.  "Is this about--"

"Just read it," he said quickly cutting her off.  He moved towards her, curled an arm around her, and pressed a soft to her forehead.  "Just read it."

Before she knew what was happening, he was leaving out the door she'd come in.

Staring at the door she tried to figure out what this was all about, what this man was doing showing up on her doorstep on a day like today.  It was just like him to sweep in at the most unlikely times.  In their relationship that had been fun.  The sudden trips home or the sudden trips to see him on the road had been an adventure.

Today, she thought quickly, was not time for adventures.

Opening the envelope she found a picture, face down, and a letter, or rather song lyrics.

I don't know how to explain it But I know that words will hardly do Miracles with signs and wonders Aren't enough for me to prove to you Don't you know I've always loved you Even before there was time Though you turn away I'll tell you still Don't you know I've always loved you And I always will Greater love has not a man Than the one who gives his life to prove That he would do anything And that's what I'm going to do for you

Flipping the picture over, since it had come out face down, she realized what it was immediately and the significance of the delivery.  Even without the song, she would have known what he wanted.

As she fled the room, on her way to do what needed to be done, the picture fell onto the floor.

It was a shot of the two of them, in what she referred to as the Camelot days, when things were perfect and they were the happy little couple. The framed photo was them on the set of one of the videos for the group, his arm around her looking very plastic in his stage make-up, but the genuine smile he had and the one she returned showed that neither of them were at all plastic when it came to their relationship.

Copyright © 1999-2005 Pit Pat Productions


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki