Gray Dreams by Babymamma787


Number of reviews: 69
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The two rode down the Los Angeles streets in a patronizing silence. One of them, utterly pissed off and too emotional to say anything, while the other sat disturbed and quiet. Melanie looked out the window and watched the scenery fly past as Justin’s blue Mercedes convertible sped down the streets. It was beautiful and something she hadn’t seen before at all.

The palm trees stood tall in rows and swayed in the breeze as the sun shone down on them. As Justin turned on to a main street that she recognized as La Cienega, she looked at his stone profile. He sat all the way back in his seat, slightly slouched and obviously comfortable, but his face exuded a different emotion. He only used one hand to drive, she noticed, where as in Chicago, both of his hands were gripped on the steering wheel. She watched cars speed by ahead of her, and she was surprised at how busy the freeways were. Justin sped up and quickly blended in with the sea of cars, and drove under the crush of four different freeways that were ahead of them.

All of a sudden, he merged into the first lane, and soon was on another freeway with the sign ‘Hollywood’ on it in white letters. Giddiness came over her with just the thought of going into Hollywood, a place she’d always dreamed of. However, she was slightly disappointed when they’d been driving on the freeway for about 10 to 15 minutes, and she didn’t see the beauty. There were no new buildings with beautiful people oozing out of it- it wasn’t what she had expected. Houses, buildings and hills filled the scenery, and they were flying by on the freeway so fast, she didn’t really have the time to try and decipher the little things.

“Justin, can we go to the walk of fame?”

“Sure.”

“How about Universal Studios.”

“Why not?”

“Disneyland?”

“Of course.”

Melanie turned back around now quietly, confused. The wind lapsed in her face, so she scrunched it up. She wondered if he was serious about taking her to all those places, after all, she did go to California for dancing purposes and all he had planned was to go shopping and to the beach. She didn’t have a problem with that, but she wanted to spend every moment to the fullest.

“We’re almost there just in case you’re wondering,” Justin said and kept his eyes on the road.

“Where are we going again?”

“JC’s house. He lives out here in Hollywood…off of Hollywood Boulevard.” He said and exited the freeway.
As they drove, Justin pointed out the things like the walk of fame, the Chinese theatre, and the Hollywood and Highland shopping center before they turned onto a street called Orange.

“Crap,” Justin said. “His ass better be home”

“Is he a busy person?” Melanie asked as they turned onto another street.

“Shit no. JC is a grown ass man, a junior in college, and a child molester.”

Melanie looked at Justin like he was crazy at first. “You’re kidding right? He doesn’t really-“

“He’s dating Deanna. Well, she claims they only ‘talk’, but since when does talking involve having sex?”

“How old is she?”

“She doesn’t turn 18 until May.” Justin laughed. “She swears he’s like her everything or something but they’ve only been talking for what? 3 months or something…she gets attached way too quickly.”

“Sounds cute to me.” Melanie grinned.

“CUTE! No, sweetie. They are not cute. They are annoying.”

“Sounds like someone’s jealous,” She sang.

“Sounds like you need to get your ears checked,” Justin sang back sarcastically.

Melanie laughed as he pulled up into the driveway and put the car in park. The two stepped out and made their way to the door. Justin sighed and looked around at his best friend’s place, which wasn’t as big as his, but it was just as nice.

The rectangular dark red and brown house sat quietly in the small neighborhood that surrounded it. The grass on the front lawn was emerald green and freshly cut. The two walked up the brick walkway quietly and stepped up onto the cement porch. On the door, was a large ornament that read ‘Home Sweet Home’. It was everything Justin had remembered it to be- it still looked like something done by Martha Stewart. He rang the doorbell and smiled at Melanie, getting a small smile from her in return as she waited on his friend.

“Are you ready for today?”

“I guess,” Melanie said warily.

“Don’t be scared, it will be fun. I promise.” He smiled at her again.

Suddenly, the door swung open to reveal a lanky, average height man with shoulder length hair, standing obscurely. He was clad in a gray T-shirt that was a little on the short side, and a pair of black cotton sweatpants. It was obvious that he had just woken up, but his blue eyes didn’t show that, for they lit up like Christmas lights when he saw his best friend standing before him. The crinkles of skin, which were hidden by the thick stubble on his face, rose when he smiled widely. The man pushed his dark drown hair out of his face now, and reached out to give Justin a hug. Justin obliged and embraced the person he hadn’t seen for almost a year, and the man patted Justin’s back loudly before they let go of each other.

“You look like crap, man,” Justin laughed. “I’d expected you to be more dressed up.”

“For you?” The man known as JC made a passive sound with his lips before laughing. “You ain’t that special.” JC opened the door wider now, and allowed Melanie and Justin to enter his home.

The warm coziness filled their senses now, and Melanie grinned at just how cozy the long, one-story house was. Small picture frames were mounted on the beige walls, and oak tables sat idly on the hardwood floor that was covered with colorful rugs. A large TV sat in the entertainment system, which was also made out of wood, and on the screen, music videos were being played. JC led them through the short passageway to the den, and Melanie eyed the mini bar they passed on the way. The three finally made it to the carpeted den.

“Excuse the mess,” JC said, referring to the pillow cases from the couches that were on the floor, the pizza boxes open, and the beer cans and bottles that sat empty on the coffee table.

“I’m used to it,” Justin said nonchalantly.

“I’m not talking about you, ass. I’m talking about this…lovely lady over here.” JC gave Melanie a sly grin as he motioned to her with his skinny arm. “What’s your name, sweetie?” He charmed.

“Melanie.” She smiled and giggled.

“JC! Stop it…you have a girlfriend,” Justin whined.

“I’m not doing anything! Anyway, Melanie…I’ve heard a lot about you.”

Justin turned to Melanie and said, “No he hasn’t. He’s lying. He’s a liar.”

Melanie widened her eyes a bit at Justin’s accusation, a little confused at whose side to be on. “What have you heard about me?” She asked.

“A lot of things.” JC said vaguely, and in return got a grunt from Justin. “Just how much Justin ADORES you.”

Melanie nodded her head, “I already knew that.” She laughed, “Anything else?”

Justin began to blush, and JC spoke again. “Nope. Oh…and how much he wants to fu-“

“JC!” Justin yelled loudly

“…He talks about how much he wants to ea-“

“JC!” Justin yelled loudly again, and JC finally looked in his direction. “Get your ass upstairs and get dressed!” He ordered.

“Yes, ma’am,” JC joked softly and soon disappeared.

Justin sighed and shook his head while Melanie laughed. As she continued to laugh, he eyed her and shook his head again. She laughed at everything, but that turned him on.

“Lets go sit in the living room,” Justin announced.

Melanie nodded, still grinning and followed his lead. Boldly she reached out and pinched Justin’s butt, making him jump. She laughed again at him when he gave her a look showing that her pinch hurt.

“That hurt.” He whined, “Now, you’re gonna have to kiss my ass!” he laughed and plopped down on the couch.

Melanie sat next to him. “I’m not gonna kiss that!”

He grinned slyly. “Well what will you kiss?”

She blushed and leaned away from him, giving him a suspicious look. On a regular day, she probably would’ve popped off with a smart-ass comment like, ‘Nothing on you!’ but it was different-she felt different. “It depends,” She said lowly.

“On what?” He said just as low.

“On how I feel at the moment.”

“How do you feel?” Justin asked and rose his eyebrows before letting a crooked grin find it’s way on his face.

Melanie bit her bottom lip and whined. “I don’t know.”

Justin pulled at her arm until she flopped on top of him, she, acting as if her body was all of a sudden dead weight. But, Justin leaned over, connecting his lips with hers and her dead weight was lifted. Melanie sat up as he did and deepened their long overdue kiss. Justin hands slid up her bare thighs, and the rest of her body until he decided to cup her face. In return, she slid her arms around his neck and rocked her body closer to his until she was almost straddling him. Justin took on hand off of her face and placed it on her leg, lifting it up and placing it on top of his leg. Melanie got the hint when he slid his tongue in her mouth, and finally straddled his waist. She played with the ends of his cornrows, starting to wish his hair wasn’t braided so that she’d have something more to play with…

* * *
It was fun making out with Melanie like that. We hadn’t done that in a while. But, of course JC had to bring his ass in the room.

“Oh my! What do we have here?” He announced, acting like he was stupid and couldn’t see two people making out on the couch. We all hung out for about an hour after that- I wanted to let Melanie get to know JC a little bit better because she’d probably be seeing more of him more often.

I’ve decided to swing by Deanna’s house today. She should be home-it’s Saturday. Unfortunately for her, since she still goes to Hillside High, she doesn’t get Spring Break until Wednesday. JC said it was because they had so many days off before when they didn’t need to, and too many half-days…some shit. I don’t know-I don’t go there anymore. I’m really excited for Melanie to meet Deanna though. It’s definitely going to be something interesting, seeing how they act around one another and all.

I’ve missed California, no doubt. As I drive through LA, music blaring, and top down, I feel refreshed. A break was just what I needed, and it’s definitely a plus that I get to spend it with a girl that I like, and my friends. The only person I’m not looking forward to seeing, is Kelice. That girl gives me the chills. We have such a big past, and so many memories and things that we don’t tell people. That’s what makes it so hard for me to tell Melanie about-there’s so much that happened in our relationship, that I don’t know where the hell to start because it’s so damn complicated.

As Melanie and JC are engrossed in their own little side conversation and laughing about something, I turn onto Deanna’s street.

All of us get out at the same time, and walk up the driveway silently, JC leading us. They better not molest each other when she sees him either. That’s just gross. I’m not jealous, though. I swear. It’s just that Deanna is the homie, and so is JC. For me, it’s weird seeing two of my friends, whom I play in a band with, all lovey-dovey and shit. Now, if I hooked them up, it would be cool, cause it would be my creation. That sounds cocky doesn’t it? Oh well…I would never do anything like that anyway.

JC knocked on the door, as he does everyone else’s-like he’s the got-damn police. After a few moments, Deanna, who was smiling as soon as she opened the door, appeared in front of us.
I smiled widely at her as soon as she looked at me. She didn’t even recognize me at first.

“Oh my Gosh!” She yelled. “What are you doing here?”

Gee, thanks, Deanna. I appreciate it. “I’m visiting, dork!”

“Ahh!” She yelled, and I mimicked her actions. We embraced roughly, and I spun her around. I love her. I put her down finally and she smiled. “You look so different!”

Do I? “What are you talking about?”

“You look more black! Now we can go cruising through Inglewood together!” She laughed.

Just to get this straight, Deanna is black. She knows about every black person in LA…okay, LA is a big ass city, but she knows her way around. You wouldn’t think someone like her, going to this rich prep school, living in the hills, and so bubbly would know people like that, but she does. We always used to joke about walking down Manchester Blvd., Crenshaw Blvd, going to the Slauson Swap Meet, and going to ‘visit’ people at Compton High. She’s psycho. She wants to see me shot. She always used to say, “Justin, bump the Chronic record!”. Those parts of LA, or better known as South Central to some, are not very welcoming to white boys like me…the pretty ones.

“I don’t look more ‘black’!” I had the nerve to say, even though the cornrows totally give it away.

“Well then who did your hair? I know you didn’t do ‘em!” She said loudly…I forgot how loud this girl was.

I pulled Melanie forward. “She did.”

Deanna leaned back a little, and looked Melanie up and down. No! They better not be rude to each other. No scrapping until Kelice shows up! All of a sudden, Melanie twisted her head around, giving Deanna an expecting ‘what-the-hell-are-you-looking-at-?’ look.

“You must be Melanie,” Deanna finally said after the two had their own little staring contest.

“Yes, I am.” Melanie said, and it looked like she was gonna say something smart like, ‘and? What’s it to you?’, but she didn’t…thank God. “How did you know?”

“I heard about you. JC told me about how you and Justin are close.” Deanna said. “JC can’t keep his damn mouth shut.” She grinned and winked at her boyfriend. “But, it’s nice to meet you.”

I wonder if she means that. Deanna continued to talk. When is she gonna let us in? “So, have you heard about Kelice?” she asked, and opened the door further in order for us to enter.

“Yeah…a little bit,” Melanie said and followed her in. “She sounds a little fake to me. I saw some of her pictures at Justin’s house too.”

“The bitch is fake. Don’t let her fool you, like she did that stupid ass over there,” She said and pointed to me.

Hey! I’m not a stupid ass! I was sprung! Deanna and Kelice don’t get along at all. So much that when she and I first started going out, Deanna didn’t talk to me for about a month. Supposedly, she and Kelice used to be tight, but Kelice got mad at Deanna one day and spread some rumors. Then, Kelice started to develop a little crush on me, and Deanna and me were already close…I liked Deanna before I went out with Kelice, but don’t tell anyone. So, when high school came, Kelice was immediately popular, and she left Deanna in shit. She spread lies about my friend for a while. Why didn’t I do anything about it? Because I didn’t know. All I knew was what Kelice had been telling me, “Justin, you get to a point in a friendship where you realize that the other person isn’t who you thought they were, and Deanna and I have reached that point.” Of course Deanna never denied what Kelice had said when I told her one day. I guess she thought she’d be ruining our relationship.

* * *

Now, with JC and Deanna in the back seat, and Melanie up front with me, I’m on my way to the mall. I think Melanie’s having fun, at least I hope she is. She and Deanna had to have been separated at birth or something. They say the same stuff, sometimes at the same time, their laugh is almost identical, and they have the same style. Melanie might even spend the night at her house! She just met the girl, and she’s planning on doing her hair while she’s out here! What the hell? I could’ve sworn they were going to have problems with each other, but after they started to talk for about 20 minutes, they became pretty close. Deanna’s gonna spend more time with Melanie than I am.

I’m ‘bout to tear that mall up! I made sure I had all my money that I left and my credit cards this morning! I’m ready to hit those stores! I plan on giving Melanie one of my credit cards so she can have her fun. Monica’s ‘Knock Knock’ is loud and blasting as I head down the 101 freeway. We’re on our way to the Beverly Center and we’re gonna meet Danielle there.

Danielle is one of Kelice’s only nice friends. I don’t understand how she puts up with Kelice’s shit. Their relationship is kinda like Damien and Melanie’s! That was a great analogy, I know. So, I shouldn’t have to explain. After I got off the freeway, I sped down the streets and found myself pulling into the parking lot immediately. I cut some guy off for a space, and put the car in park when I got the space. I’m such a good driver.

“Let’s go!” Deanna yelled, and hopped out the back seat. JC can’t keep up with her- it’s obvious. She’s so damn hyperactive. I think it’s all that coffee he gives her. No, she’s just crazy on a regular basis, now that I think about it. She grabbed Melanie’s arm, “C’mon girl!” and they danced through the parking lot as they made their way to the main part of the mall.

* * *

“I didn’t know I had so many damn bags!” Melanie whined and grunted as she retrieved more of her bags out of the trunk of Justin’s car.

Justin, who was coming down the long walkway in order to help Melanie, grinned at her. “I hope you didn’t completely max out my Visa, man.”

“Don’t worry, Justin. I know how to spend money…unlike you.” She smiled and began her passage to the house. “You have more stuff than I do.”

“Maybe, but I have legit reasons for them.” Justin said and got a groan from Melanie. “It’s true! I got the new Iversons, I need those for basketball-“

“What’s wrong with your Jordans?” Melanie asked and pushed open the large oak door.

“Nothing. I just felt like buying them-they’re new.” Justin set her bags down, along with the rest of them in the foyer.

“That’s your legit reason?” Melanie took off her newly purchased Gucci sunglasses and smirked at the boy standing across from her.

Justin chuckled. “Hey, I didn’t say they had to sound legit to everyone. I was talking about myself.”

“Like always.” Melanie chided and headed back out to the car.

Justin followed after her, determined to keep what he was trying to get at- going. However, her backside in the shorts she was wearing soon distracted him. Not to mention the fact that the sun was beaming down on her chocolate legs, and the tops of the shoulder blades of her toned arms. Melanie grabbed the back of her long cornrows, and moved them over to her shoulder, the beads rattling as she did so. She noticed Justin looking into space and said, “What are you looking at?”

“Huh?” Justin, dumfounded, replied. His mouth was now agape and his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

Melanie laughed at his expression and said, “You’re zoning out again, Justin.”

His confusion showed more. “Huh? Oh…my bad.”

Melanie stopped, turned, and looked at him. “Your bad? You haven’t said that since we got here. Wasn’t that like your favorite phrase?”

Justin made a passive fluttering noise with his lips. “No.”

“Yeah-huh. Now all you say is ‘dude’, ‘whatever’, ‘totally rad, man!’ and my favorite, ‘friggin’ A!” She began to laugh as he stared at her looking somewhat hurt, disturbed, and embarrassed.

“Nuh-uh. That’s so not true.” When Melanie began to laugh again, he said. “Whatever, man. You’re not cute…Okay, you are, but you’re not funny.” He rolled his eyes and scoffed before walking past her, and to the car.

The two grabbed more bags and were almost inside the house, when a car honked. Melanie and Justin turned around simultaneously and stared at the silver Navigator dubbed with 21 inch rims. “Damn…” Melanie drawled out, and Justin grinned.

“Danielle, JC, and Deanna are back.” He said, referring to their early departure from the mall.
All three beings hopped out the car, bag free, and greeted Melanie and Justin.

“Sorry we took so long,” Danielle started, “but I had to go drop their stuff off because I’m so damn nice.”

The group headed into the house now, talking animatedly amongst each other. They all soon migrated into the large living room and sat down on the expensive furniture.

“So, Justin. Are we going to have a show at the end of the week?” JC asked, referring to the band. “I mean, after all, you’re only going to be here for a week and I think everyone would want to see you back at your best.”

Justin nodded his head. “Yeah, man we can do that and even have a practice later on today if you want.”

JC nodded his head and grinned. “I wonder how many people know you’re here.”

“I’m sure a lot will by the end of the day- I’ve been out in public,” Justin chuckled.

The ringing of Danielle’s cell phone soon interrupted the group’s conversing. Being the nosy bunch they were, they quieted themselves in order to listen in on Danielle’s conversation. Melanie, who was seated next to Justin, got closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder, causing him to instinctively kiss it.

“Oh hey…” Danielle said warily, “…Yeah…um no. Well, I’m um at uh In-N-Out.” Danielle sighed at shook her head at her lying, while everyone gave confused glances.

Melanie, however, was confused for a different reason. “What’s In-N-Out?”

Justin grinned happily at the thought of the infamous West Coast fast food restaurant. “We’ll go there soon. You have to eat there, you can’t come to Cali, much less anywhere else on the West Coast and not eat at In-N-Out.”

“It’s that good?”

“Ooh yeah,” Justin smiled.

“…No, I’m not at Justin’s house.” Danielle continued. “I’m not lying! Kelice…”
I
mmediately Justin tensed up and looked at Deanna and JC, and then back to Danielle. He began to shake his head slowly and Deanna gave him a sympathetic look. Melanie could feel the tension in his body so much, that she was scared sitting next to him. She looked up at him and noticed that his eyes had even clouded over at that point. The sapphire blue was now replace with a dark blue that penetrated deeply into space, and he began to chew on his bottom lip.

“…Well I’m on my way out cause I got my order to go…Kelice, just drop it.” Danielle pleaded. “I didn’t even know Justin was in town…No, I have things to do today...I’m sorry, but I have better things to do with my Saturday than stalk Justin…whatever. I’ve already been to the mall…we go everyday. Don’t worry about who I went wit-No! I didn’t go with him!…I can’t go with you today, ask Michelle to hang out with you today- I have things to do…don’t worry about it.”

“Tell that bitch to get off your phone.” Deanna said lowly and rolled her eyes.

“Is she really that annoying?” Melanie asked.

“Yes.” Deanna, JC, and Justin replied at the same time.

“Kel-K-Kelice, I have to go…no…I’m serious…no, Justin is not in my agenda today.” Danielle sighed and continued her conversation. “Why don’t you invite him yourself? I’m not your messenger…I have things to do. I’m nowhere near his house! Therefore, I have no to time to invite him to your stupid- I mean party….No! You do it!…Oh please, you live down the street, Kelice…Yes, I know everyone is going to be there…yeah…yeah, I know…Okay, look, I have to go- I’m in traffic and I need to concentrate…okay…No I’m not!” With that, Danielle hung up her phone, shrunk back into the couch, and exhaled loudly.

“So, Kelice is having another party?” Deanna asked.

“She just had one last week!” JC announced.

Danielle interjected. “But y’all know why all of a sudden she’s having another one.” Her eyes darted over to Justin quickly, and she adverted just as fast.

JC nodded his head slowly. “She needs to get a grip.”

Deanna agreed. “I know that’s right. She’s going to go all out now that Justin’s back. Maybe she just needs to see your beautiful angelic face again, Justin.” She joked.

Justin, still in a trance, shook his head slightly. “She can kiss my beautiful, angelic ass.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki