Gray Dreams by Babymamma787


Number of reviews: 69
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


“Deanna, that note is a C, not a D.” Justin, who was sitting on the bench at the piano, said.

“No, It’s a C, Justin.” Deanna, who was standing behind the microphone, argued.

“Deanna, I’m telling you it’s a-“

“It’s a Z, now everybody shut up!” Joey, the man behind the drum set said. “This is the 4th time!”

Everyone in the music room/garage-shed in the back of Justin’s house groaned- inaudibly, while some were audible. The band had been running the same song for the last 30 minutes, a song that they once knew in their sleep and failed to practice when Justin left. Justin, obviously aggravated, rested his elbow on the side of the piano and scratched his braided head. JC, who was on the keyboards shook his head and began to softly play the tune in hopes he would find the key. Joey, who was on drums, softly began to drum out a beat while bobbing his head slowly. Melanie and Danielle, who were quietly seated on the couches scattered about, gave the band sympathetic glances. Although the two girls couldn’t really understand the bands’ creative differences on that type of musical level, they still sympathized. Melanie knew what it was like to disagree with her peers creatively, although their disagreements were about choreography, it still had the same premise behind it. Melanie also found out that Danielle studied dance too, so they’d decided to go take classes together the next day.

Danielle turned to Melanie now and said, “So how long have you been dancing?”

Melanie shrugged. “Just since I was a freshman.”

“Really? That’s cool. I hear you’re good.” Danielle smiled.

“Well…maybe.” Melanie turned and looked at the band, still arguing. She noticed one black boy sitting next to a boy she learned was Lance. “Who’s that?” She asked.

“Oh, that’s Jared. He plays the saxophone, um he goes to school with us at Hillside-he’s cool just quiet.” Danielle said.

“Wow. First black person I know that can just sit through an argument like that.” She shared a laugh with Danielle.

“Yeah, he’s really laid back. He plays on the Varsity basketball team.”

“Did he play with Justin?” Melanie asked.

“Yeah, they were so fun to watch.” Danielle stared at Justin and shook her head. “Oh God, girl. We’re gonna be here all night.”

“Why do you say that?” Melanie asked.

“Cause Justin is a perfectionist.” Danielle whined. “It’s 8:00, I’m gonna have to leave in a little bit. I have to get to Kelice’s house.”

Melanie sighed and looked at the ceiling. “Is it bad that I might just…”

“Wanna go?” Danielle finished for her and smiled when Melanie warily nodded her head. “No, it’s not bad because you’ve never met her before, so you’re curious and that’s okay. But, being Justin’s guest, yes that’s bad. Very bad.” She laughed.

However, Melanie didn’t find it funny and whimpered. “Why should I have to suffer?”

Danielle simply shrugged and both of the girls turned their heads toward the band when they started back to playing again. All of the instruments combined and produced the beautiful tune of Stevie Wonder’s “Overjoyed”. The band played through the song once more, this time without Deanna singing the vocals. She stood there with the lyrics in her hands and looking them over instead, for she took what she did very seriously. Besides, Justin would keep nagging her if she continued to sing in D instead of C. Soon, by Justin’s signal, the horn section came in, completing the song's crescendo that led to the bridge. Justin swayed his head to the beat, clearly happy, and looked over at JC who flashed him a grateful smile. Though the group bickered with their creative differences, their melodies brought them back together. Melanie and Danielle clapped for their success with finally getting through the song.

“I haven’t even started to sing!” Deanna whined into the microphone. Everyone laughed and played casual notes and riffs on their instruments now. “It sucks being the only girl sometimes.” Deanna said more so to Melanie and Danielle, and they gave her a sympathetic chuckle.

“Stop whining.” Justin projected through the microphone that was perched on top of the piano. “Let’s take it from the top.” He cleared his throat and counted to four softly. When he reached four, the musicians began to play again and after four bars, Deanna began the first verse.

“She’s good.” Melanie leaned and said to Danielle.

“Very. She just started taking lessons and has a recital on Friday.” Danielle informed, “Maybe if you and Justin haven’t left by then, y’all can go check it out?” She offered and Melanie nodded her head with a smile.

All of a sudden, Melanie heard Justin and JC’s voice come in with Deanna’s and she rose her eyebrows at the sound. They sounded beautiful as their harmonies floated and danced together perfectly, creating an equally perfect song. The trio add-libbed at the same time, each singing in a different octave, and ended the song. Melanie and Danielle clapped and cheered, and the group did the same for themselves.

“Alright y’all. I have to go now, but if I could stay longer-I would.” Danielle announced.

“You always say that.” JC said and rolled his eyes. “It’s okay, go hang out with your other friends.”

Danielle’s face saddened, “Don’t be like that.”

Justin stood up from his seat at the piano now, and stretched. “Well I’m tired of playing anyway, so it doesn’t matter.”

With that said, the others nervously and quietly began to put away their instruments, wary to leave too soon. Deanna slowly and quietly walked over to JC, who was uncomfortably looking off into space until he saw her. He gave her a small smile and nodded in the direction of Justin. Justin, who was putting the top of the piano down, was totally oblivious to his friends’ uncomfortable situation. Deanna whispered in JC’s ear and he shrugged his shoulders. Justin stopped and looked cynically at everyone in the room.

“Soo…” Danielle ventured her voice into the sea of silence.

The rest of the group looked around at each other nervously, silence still looming and the confused looks were still thrown around.

“Okay! I’m not stupid, contrary to many of your beliefs!” Justin flailed his arms. “I can see you guys’ facial expressions. You all look like you’re stuck on stupid or something. Yes, I did hear about Kelice’s party earlier today. Yes, I do know that all of you are planning on going cause she’s the only one having a party tonight…at least I hope that’s why.” Justin shook his head. “No, you can go wherever you want-I don’t care. She’s just my ex-girlfriend.”

Lance butt in now, “Whom you have serious problems with.”

“Just because I have problems with her doesn’t mean you all have to. Come on now, I’m over the whole ‘I’m popular, so do what I say’ thing. I don’t even live here anymore! Get over it. Besides, I planned on going anyway.” He smiled widely at their shocked faces. “So, let’s go!”

Suddenly, everyone went back to their loud, daily chatter. They decided on who was going with who, and who was going to wear what as well. Justin smiled at how back to normal everything got so quickly, and spotted Melanie sitting on the couch quietly. He then outstretched his hand, and she allowed him to pull her up with ease.

“Can I talk to you outside?” He said in her ear.

Melanie grinned, “Well you already have me standing up.”

“Smartass.”

Melanie laughed and the two stepped out of the chaotic room and out into the tranquil night. The wind blew lightly, creating a peaceful ocean breeze that followed.

“It’s not even cold.” Melanie noticed the complete weather contrast between the two different states.

“It doesn’t get that cold at night.” Justin said and put his arm around her.

In return, Melanie snaked her arm around him and laid her head on his chest. With a soft content sigh, Melanie rubbed the small of Justin’s back and let him take her to the back yard. Small lamps that stood erect on a stone pathway dimly lit the yard. The pathway led to a large white gazebo that had white Christmas lights adorning the top. Trees were everywhere, but in the distance to the right, Downtown LA was visible. Melanie looked out at the tall black bodies being lit up by workers in their offices. The sun was beginning to set as it cast an orange and pink glow in the sky. A flock of birds flew by, past the sun, and into the horizon, completing the post card picture. The purple glow of the Staples Center stood out in the pupils of her brown eyes, and she smiled softly. She envisioned Justin playing there one day, wearing a purple and gold uniform.

Justin quietly spoke, “What are you thinking about?”

“You.” She shrugged nonchalantly.

Justin chuckled shyly. “Is that a first?”

Melanie shook her head at his question. “Oh no.”

He stuck out his bottom lip and shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans before shrugging. Melanie decided to go sit in the gazebo and Justin followed her. When she was settled, she spoke. “So are you excited to see Kelice?”

“Not in a good way. I’m more scared than anything.” Justin said sadly, and turned his head to look out at the view of the city.

Melanie took the opportunity to study his side profile, everything from his straight eyebrow, his nose, and his pouty lips. Small stubble formed at the bottom of his chin, and was beginning to form up the edge of his chin. His sideburns were neatly gelled to the side of his face and Melanie appreciated how clean cut he was, that is until he turned his head and looked at her curiously.

“What is it?” He asked.

“Nothing.” Melanie sighed and looked at her white shoes. “You’re gonna have my back when we get to the party, right?”

“Of course!” Justin reassured. “I always have your back, and I’m not going to stop anytime soon.”

“Thank you. Why are you so afraid to see Kelice?”

“I don’t know, honestly. The feelings are still raw, you know? I just get really confused.” Justin made a sad face and shook his head, “maybe I’m thinking too far ahead because I don’t know what the hell I want, and I don’t know why. I’m making things harder than they need to be, and I always do that.”

For the first time, Melanie felt, Justin opened up to her more that he had done in the past. She realized that maybe he did get stressed out and scared just like everyone else, but was really good at not letting it show.

“It’s okay to be confused sometimes, Justin. You know, sometimes you just have to go with the flow. Just make the right decisions, and don’t go with your eyes closed.” She informed.

Justin nodded his head. “My dad called me. He knows I’m here now, and is coming in two days. What am I gonna do about that?”

Melanie gave him an understanding stare. “You can’t do anything, Justin. As much as you wish he couldn’t come back, he’s going to. I know it hurts, Justin, but things will get better. Trust. You have a big ass house, so I’m sure you’ll be able to avoid him as much as possible.”

“That guy is everywhere.”

“The trick is to let him be everywhere, except for your head. Don’t let him get to you, Justin. No matter what he says, don’t change your opinion-he’s a hater, so brush him off. You can do it, you’re just going to have to concentrate, and not let him blindfold you.”

Justin smiled brightly at her, despite his low feelings, and stretched out his arms. “My Melanie’s all grown up!” He wiped a fake tear now and said, “come here, you.”

Melanie smiled back and stood up. “Aww!” With that, she plopped into his lap, and let him engulf her in his loving embrace. She sat sideways, so that she could look at his face and the two made funny faces at each other a little bit, before becoming serious again. Melanie, being totally enamored and infatuated with the moment and the fact that Justin was apart of it, slowly leaned in and eyed his parted lips.

From his lips, came a soft question. “Are you going to kiss me?”

Melanie looked up at him playfully and bit her lip. “If you want.”

A tiny grin formed on Justin’s face as he nodded his head and allowed her to kiss him. They kissed seriously for just the second time since they’d been in California and Justin was in Heaven just knowing that he didn’t make the first move. She did, meaning she obviously was beginning to want him even more. He experienced that want when she slid her tongue over his lips and he allowed her access to his mouth.

Happiness consumed his whole body, he let her take over him with one simple bold gesture, and she intoxicated him. At that moment, she realized that she could get something out of their infatuation too, if she put as much effort into it as he did. She then realized her cell phone was ringing inside of her pocket. The two groaned simultaneously and opened their eyes; their lips still locked. Reluctantly, she pulled away from Justin, pulled out the device, and saw the word ‘Damien’ flashing on the green screen of her phone. Melanie rolled her eyes at her boyfriend’s perfect timing and got off of Justin’s lap.

“Hey.” Melanie said flatly.

“What’s wrong with you?” Damien asked.

“Nothing, I’m just tired.” Melanie lied.

“What have you been doing? Miss me?”

She grinned at Damien’s question and quickly glanced at Justin. “Of course. How have you been?”

“I just got to New York today. It’s really nice out here, Melanie. I wish you would’ve come.”

“I told you why I couldn’t go already.” She sighed.

“I know, I know. You’re in California with your cousin.” He chuckled. “How do you like it out there? Have you been anywhere special yet?”

“Umm…just the mall.” All of a sudden Justin whispered in her ear, and caused her to giggle before quietly telling him to stop.

“What?” Damien said at her change in tone.

“Nothing. My cousin’s being stupid.” She gave Justin a glare before grinning. “Have you been to any-“ Her question was stopped when she felt soft lips behind her ear. Her mouth dropped open at the feel of his tongue and the soft breath he blew on the wet spot right after. Melanie cleared her throat hastily, and hit Justin on the arm. “Any uh…colleges?”

“Is everything okay?”

“Everything is fine, Damien.” She reassured half-heartedly and gasped when she felt Justin’s hand inch higher up her thigh. “Stop.” She said above a whisper.

“What is going on?” Damien whined.

“Nothing, baby I’m listening to you.” When Damien began to talk, she squinted her eyes at Justin and he licked his lips at her. Her mouth dropped a little at Justin’s audacity and she warned him once more to stop. Justin shook his head.

“Uh-huh.” Melanie said in to the phone so that Damien would think she was paying attention. As Damien continued to talk,
Justin, with a mischievous stare plastered on his face, put one leg over her lap now and moved over until he was straddling her. Melanie stared at him while her body was going crazy inside in response to Justin’s actions.

“Melanie!” Damien yelled.

“Huh!” She tore her eyes from Justin and turned her head. “I’m sorry, what did you say?”

“I asked when you’re going back to Chicago.”

“Tell him never.” Justin whispered in her ear and kissed her cheek. His lips then moved to hers, making sure Melanie wasn’t able to respond. Her words were inaudible because of Justin’s lips smothering hers, until she pushed him away.

“I don’t know. Maybe Friday.” Justin, unhappy with her reply, pushed his crotch against hers. She let out a noise and changed her reply. “Uh..Sat-Sunday.”

“Why so late?” Damien asked.

“I don’t know. That’s what my ticket says.” She lied. Justin kissed her again while Damien continued to talk. This time, he slid his tongue into her mouth and rolled his hips a little bit, causing Melanie’s eyes to roll as well. He then trailed butterfly kisses down her chin and neck, occasionally nipping and sucking at her skin. “Oh my gosh.” She hissed when he unzipped her hoodie and kissed right above her breasts. Involuntarily, she closed her phone now, hanging up on Damien, and threw her head back. The vibrations of Justin laughing against her chest caused her to pull her head back up and stare coldly at him.

Justin pulled away from her now, stood up, and began to clap his hands loudly. “Good job, Melanie.”

“Fuck you.”

“You almost did.”

She shook her head now, ready to argue, but nothing came out of her mouth. So, she stood up angrily and stomped her way back into the house, with Justin not too far behind.

“Why are you trying to act like you’re mad?” He called to her after she entered the house and headed toward the kitchen.

With his question, she stopped in her tracks and snapped her head in his direction. “Because I am, Justin! That was so incredibly rude back there!”

“You were the one talking on the phone, not me!” He yelled back. “You could’ve told me to stop!”

“I DID, jackass!”

“You didn’t mean it though!”

“How the hell would you know, Justin?” She whined loudly and grunted before she turned back around. Melanie walked faster through the house now, and soon found herself in the front and at the bottom of the stairs. Justin, who had taken a short cut, joined her at the bottom.

“Melanie, if you really cared, you would’ve tried harder to stop me.” He tone had softened, but was still angry, nonetheless.

“Bullshit, Justin!” She yelled and began her trek up the long stairs. “You shouldn’t have done it in the first place! Now, I’m going to have to call him back and explain.”

“If he really cared, he would’ve called back by now asking what the hell happened. Obviously, he doesn’t care as much as you do, want him to, or thinks he should.”

Melanie stopped, mid step. He was right. Why hadn’t Damien called back by then? Usually all the other times, something would happen in their conversations, he’d call back asking what’d happened. Too proud to admit Justin was right, Melanie said “No, he’s probably waiting on me to call.”

“Why do you always have to be the one to call?” Justin asked. He then began to sing Usher’s song. “You don’t have to call! It’s okay, girl!”

Melanie shook her head. “Shut up, Justin.” She began to climb the stairs again, passing a confused maid.

“NO!” Justin yelled. “Answer my freaking question!”

“I don’t know the answer to your fucking question!” She said through gritted teeth and looked at him. “Why don’t you call him and ask?”

Justin was about to reply, but Melanie’s ringing cell phone interrupted them both. Confidently smiling, she flipped it open without looking at the caller ID. “Hey, I’m sorry about hanging up on you. My cousin is incredibly rude.” She glared at Justin.

“You didn’t hang up on me.” Chasity said. “This is the first time I’ve called, girl. Justin got you on that chronic already?” She laughed.

Melanie frowned and sighed sadly. “Oh. I’m sorry. Hi, Chasity.” Melanie sank down and found a seat on one of the steps while Justin walked past her, laughing.

*
“Hey, reject, are you ready to go?” Justin knocked on the guestroom’s shut door that kept Melanie inside. He chuckled at his statement, but felt badly for not apologizing for at least some of the things he’d said.

Melanie, clad in low rise blue jeans with brown sandblasting and a bra, swung open the door. “I am not a reject.” She stated solemnly.

“Denial is the first stage.” Justin laughed out loud at the dissatisfied face she made. “Come on, get dressed.” He urged. “Even though I’d love to see you get undressed, we need to go.”

Melanie opened the long door wider so that her friend could enter. She walked past her mountain of clothes slowly and proceeded into the bathroom. Justin found a clear spot on the bed and watched the loud TV.

“Why do you have the TV up so loud?” Justin asked.

“Because I was dancing.” Melanie called from the bathroom.

“You’re always dancing.” He huffed.

“Do you have a problem with that?”

“No, just as long as I get a lap dance in the end.” He chuckled.

Melanie came out of the bathroom now, face partially made up and a different pair of jeans on. She walked to the other side of the bed now, so that she was in front of Justin. “Do these pants make my ass look fat?” She turned around now and looked at Justin, who had no expression on his face.
“Justin!” She whined. “Do these pants-“

“Your ass looks fat in everything.” He declared and tried to keep a straight face.

Melanie turned back around and looked at him sadly. She slowly walked in route to the bathroom again, and Justin felt remorseful as he looked at her sad expression. Didn’t she know he was joking?

All of a sudden, she yelled. “I hate being black! I hate having hips! I hate having rhythm! I hate having breasts instead of mosquito bites! I wish I was white!”

Justin laughed out loud at her sudden outburst and watched her frantically search through her suitcase for a different outfit. Honestly, he loved playing with her like that. Hastily, Melanie grabbed another outfit and ran into the bathroom, and Justin followed her inside.

“Get out! I need to change!” Melanie frantically said.

“You don’t need to change anything, I was just messing with you.” Justin smiled at her. “Remember when we took the train Downtown, and I was like ‘oh your ass is fat with a ‘ph’ instead of an ‘f’’?”

“Oh.” Melanie said shortly and laughed. “So I’m cool?”

“Like the other side of the pillow, shawty!” Justin made a funny noise and then exited the bathroom just the same.
Melanie looked in the mirror now, and laughed. Her face, filled with different emotions, stared back at her questioningly through the reflection of the mirror. Indeed, she was happy to be in California with Justin, but surely all her problems would come rushing back to her. She needed a break, but sometimes she wondered if California was the right way to go. Although, her main purpose for being there-or what she told everyone else- was to take dance classes in hopes of learning new steps for the cheerleaders and the step squad, what was she going to do about that? 60 females can cause a lot of trouble. All of a sudden, impatient knocking was at the door.

“What?” She whined. “I’m almost done!” Justin cracked open the door now, and Melanie jumped. “Don’t just open the door like that, Justin. What if I were naked?”

Justin laughed. “You say it like it’s a bad thing. You really wanna know what I would do-“

“You talk so much crap. You wouldn’t do anything.” Melanie rolled her eyes at him.

“How do you know?”

“Because you’re a virgin.” A smug smile crept of her face when a look of defeat washed over his. “What did you come in here for?”

“To tell you that your phone was ringing.” He said softly.

Melanie grunted. “Why didn’t you pick it up, goober?”

“Because it was Damien.” He declared.

“So.”

“Are you dense? I’m not going to answer your phone-I’m not your cousin, remember?”

Melanie laughed at her brief forgetfulness. “Oh yeah.”

Justin mockingly mimicked her last phrase and left the bathroom.

* *
Pulsing beats. Grinding bodies. Spilling drinks. Dim lights. Lasers moving to the beat of the song. Strobe lights flashing. DJ spinning. Marques Houston and Joe Budden’s “Clubbin”. The crowd fused and moved together on the dance floor of Kelice’s large estate. Everyone either intoxicated by the booze, or just the atmosphere left themselves in the music. Girls were even on tables dancing, drinks in hand.

“Give me your hand.” Justin said in Melanie’s ear and she quickly obeyed and grasped it tightly. Never had she seen such a large crowd of people overflowing a mansion’s lower floor. A drink splattered on the hard floor, and would’ve gotten on Melanie if she hadn’t moved. Justin turned and looked at her. “Are you okay?” She didn’t quite hear him, but she was able to read his lips, so she nodded. Justin then pulled out his vibrating two-way. Opening it, he saw the message, ‘Upstairs.’, and made his way to the designated spot.

When Deanna, Danielle, JC, and Jared saw Justin and Melanie make their way up the stairs, they smiled down at them. “Come on, y’all. We’re in Kelice’s room.”

Melanie entered the huge bedroom and looked around. It was definitely girly- baby green’s and purple’s were all over the place and her wall was white with baby blue splotches as clouds. Taking up a good portion of her floor was the high-princess style bed that even had a canopy and a sheer net around it. At the foot and the sides of the bed, were steps for the sleeper to step down on peacefully. On the dresser were pictures of Kelice, her family, friends, and even some celebrities. In a corner of the room was a complete vanity mirror, absolute with the large bulbs around the mirror and everything.

The oak door to her long walk-in closet was open and it looked like it never ended. Hanging on the doorknob was a black lacy and sequined dress being covered in a bag that had the infamous label ‘Versace’ on it, and setting next to the dress were black stiletto heels. On the ceiling, built-in flat lamps provided the lights in all of the primary colors, making the room look somewhat like a rainbow was inside of it. Either that, or a skittles commercial. After gawking and envying the room, Melanie joined the group in the sitting area of the room. She plopped down next to Justin awkwardly, and shook her head.

“This girl is spoiled like whoa.” She stated.

Lance, Jared, Justin, JC, Danielle, Joey, Deanna, and Chris nodded their head simultaneously.

“We all are though.” Joey said.

“Not as much as her.” Jared said.

Deanna waved her hands. “Okay, enough about Kelice-“

“Wait.” Melanie said. “Why are y’all even in here if you’re such enemies?” She furrowed her eyebrows.

“I wish she would say something to us.” Deanna threatened. “We’ve known her too long- she wouldn’t just get bold and tell us to move. Her ass would get stomped, and she knows that. Besides, we’re not going to be in here long.”

“Anyway, “ JC said. “Let’s all go down there together. I think it would be better, don’t y’all?”

Justin spoke up. “Yes, that way when someone is in my face telling me how much they missed me, when I don’t even remember their name…y’all can help me out.”

Melanie laughed, “That’s messed up.”

“It’s the truth though.” Justin said and stood up. “Okay, pow-wow over. Let’s go downstairs and party.”

“No drinking!” Danielle warned Justin and he rolled his eyes. “I’m serious, Justin. No skinny-dipping either.” She made a disgusted face and quickly left the room of laughing people.

“Of course this heffa had to talk about that.” Deanna rolled her eyes. “That was so embarrassing.”

“Shut up, Deanna.” Justin retorted. “You know you liked it.”
“I was drunk, Justin!” She yelled.

As the group collectively made their way down the winding staircase, Melanie interjected. “I wanna know!”

“Long story short.” Deanna started. “This was back when Justin was wild and crazy.” Melanie nodded, and Deanna continued. “He and I had a lot of drinks on Kelice’s birthday. I mean a lot. We ended up going skinny-dipping in her pool, and then proceeded to throw up in the planters.”

Melanie laughed out loud and looked at Justin. “Are you serious?” When Justin nodded again, she laughed again. “That’s gross.”

Justin laughed. “Well…that’s what happens when you get drunk off your ass.”

The group reached the bottom of the stairs now, and proceeded to the section where everyone was partying. Pretty soon, their voices became inaudible, and the only way they could communicate, was through dancing. Melanie had no trouble with that aspect, so she pulled Justin into the sea of people and began to dance to Jay-Z’s “Dirt off Your Shoulder”. The two danced casually at first, simply because that’s what Melanie saw everyone doing. She remembered referring to it as ‘The white person’s two-step’, where the two people just face each other and sway to the beat softly. All of a sudden Justin began to laugh at Melanie’s actions, and she knew exactly why, so she whined. Justin grabbed her arms, pulled her closer to him, and put their foreheads together.

He shook his head. “None of this.”

“Well what am I supposed to do? Everyone is gonna be like, ‘ew look at that ghetto girl!’!”

Justin waved his hand with dismay. “We’ll be outta here in a week. You won’t see most of these people anymore after that.”

“Okay…” Melanie dragged out, and left his embrace. She smiled widely at Justin and chuckled. “Are you ready?” She rose an eyebrow.

Justin began to stretch wildly and make funny faces at her, causing them both to laugh. “Bring it on, man!” He yelled.
Melanie laughed and turned around. She began to dance for Justin a little bit, before he got right behind her and joined on the action. The two rolled against each other now, getting raunchy with every beat. Their bodies popped simultaneously and correspondingly, and Justin was happy that he’d spent so much time in Chicago- he learned ways of dancing that he didn’t even know existed. He and Melanie were in sync completely, he dusting the ‘dirt’ off of her shoulder. Pretty soon, a crowd began to form around them to watch the action, everyone in the room oblivious to the furious and piercing hazel eyes watching them from the balcony.

The two were facing each other, grinding, when Melanie lifted her leg for Justin to hold. With her hands propped on his shoulders, she popped, danced, and rolled her body all over him. Guys began to cheer, hoot and holler at the scene, and some girls did the same. Justin and Melanie laughed joyously at the responses and when Melanie became tired, she notified Justin. The two then made their way to the kitchen, getting complements on the way.

“So what do you want to drink?” Justin asked and opened the refrigerator. “The only thing she has in here besides alcohol is water, OJ, milk, and some…Canada Dry.” He chuckled.

Melanie lifted her eyes up, looking as if she were thinking. “Um…lemme get a-“

“This isn’t McDonald’s.” Justin said with a tired expression and began to over-exaggerate his mockery of her. “Talkin’ like you’re at the drive-thru or somethin’. Get outta that.”

Melanie laughed out loud and laid her head down on the island in the middle of the kitchen. She caught the Canada Dry that Justin slid across to her and grinned at him before opening it. Excitedly, Justin plopped down on the stool next to Melanie smiled widely at her.

“Are you enjoying yourself?”

“I’ve only been here for a couple minutes.” She looked at him out the corner of her eye and saw him smiling at her. She began to chuckle bashfully and asked. “What are you cheesin’ at?”

Justin impishly giggled now. “Just thinkin’ about what’s gonna happen later on tonight.” He licked his lips.

Melanie eyed him suspiciously and narrowed her eyes. “I hope you’re not talking about anything dirty, you hornball.” She teased.

“Oh, so I’m a hornball now?”

“Yes, as a matter of fact, you are. Everything you talk about implies with sex.”

“That’s not true!” he whined.

“Yes, it is.”

“Okay, so If I was like, ‘gee, Melanie. Look at the sky. It’s beautiful isn’t it?’ I would be implying something sexual?”

Melanie took a swig of her soda and nodded. “5 seconds later you’d say, ‘Yeah, it will be even prettier when you’re looking at it while you’re laying on your back.’”

Justin burst with laughter and hit the table. “That was a good one.” When he sobered he said, “are you sure you’re not mixing that up with your own fantasies though?”

“Oh, I’m positive, Justin.” She nodded her head. “I wonder if the things you say give any real indication of how you are in bed.”

“Wanna see for yourself?”

All of a sudden, the two turned around when they heard the heels of shoes clanking on the hardwood floor. There she was. The girl Melanie saw in Justin’s wallet all the time and envied her appeal. The Beyonce look-alike, the one who could pass for a model- the one who broke Justin’s heart. Justin cleared his throat loudly and stared at her as she neared the once-happy, duo. His expression was a mixture of sadness, anger, and over all defeat. Kelice swayed her hips once she passed them, her black pleated mini skirt short enough to show some things. Kelice stood with a smirk on her face as she looked at Justin, everything on her body from her low cut shirt, to the 4-inch sandals that had straps wrapping around her legs, exuded confidence. She now stood on the other side of the island so that she was facing them, and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Well.” She smiled the infamous daddy’s-a-dentist smile. “Isn’t this a pleasant surprise?”

Justin scoffed. “No.”

Kelice rolled her eyes, and flipped her bronze hair. “Justin, you’re at my house. Did you honestly think you wouldn’t run into me?”

“One can dream, right?”

Kelice shook her head. “You haven’t changed one bit, Justin. You’re still a smart ass.”

“Yeah, well…you’re still a bitch.”

“I didn’t deserve that, Justin. You can’t always have it your way. You left me, remember?”

“I didn’t leave shit, and you know it. I had a perfectly good reason for leaving, and I still wanted to go out with your dumb ass.”

“Whatever, Justin. Are you going to introduce me to your friend?” She rose her eyebrows at Melanie.

“No, go away. We were in the middle of a conversation.”

“Please, Justin you weren’t having a conversation. You’re just trying to get in her pants.”

Melanie slammed her soda down and the immediate ‘oh-no-this-heffa-didn’t-look adorned her features. “Please, Negro. You’re just mad cause he ain’t tryin’ to get in your pants anymore.”

Kelice laughed mockingly. “Excuse me, what did you say?”

Melanie stood up and walked over to her, ignoring Justin’s hand that was trying to pull her back. “You heard me. Did I stutter? No, I think not. You should’ve been able to hear me loud and clear with those big ass satellites on the side of your head.”

Kelice made a confused face and touched her ears. “I’m going to be the bigger person and just act like you didn’t say that. So, Justin my dad said he wants you to come over because he wants to talk to you. We’ll probably talk over lunch.” She walked over to where he was sitting now, and draped her arm over his shoulder. When she kissed his cheek, Melanie boiled and was about to say something, but Kelice beat her to it. “Oh and Justin darling don’t bring her. You know how daddy feels about pets.”

With that, she gave Melanie a scowling look and turned to leave. However, she was distracted at the loud sound of Melanie jumping out of her seat, and running over to her. Kelice yelped just before Melanie made contact with her, saved by Justin’s arms holding her back. Melanie kicked and flailed her arms as she was restricted, and begged Justin to let her go. Kelice stood there, a devious grin on her face, and shook her head.

“Ghetto girls these days.” She scoffed. “No class.”

Melanie pushed against Justin’s arms again, even harder and more aggressive, so much that he had to call JC to assist him. JC and Deanna came hastily into the kitchen, Deanna pissed off, and JC anxiously scared.

“I’m gonna go get the car ready, come on.” Justin said as he put Melanie in JC’s arms.

Melanie wriggled her way out of their arms now, and ran past them in search of Kelice, who had ‘conveniently’ left the kitchen. Justin, JC, and Deanna ran after Melanie, who was rushing through the sea of people. Melanie finally saw the back of Kelice and reached out to hit her, but was jerked back by Justin. She laughed, victoriously waving a piece of Kelice’s weave as she listened to Kelice scream profanities at her.

Melanie was about to spit them right back out at her, but Justin covered her mouth, and swung her over his shoulder so that she was upside down, and facing his rear. Finally, when they exited the house, Justin threw Melanie in the back seat of his Mercedes and Deanna crawled in with her and JC followed. Justin plopped down into the driver’s seat and used the mirror to scowl at Melanie. JC touched his arm and quietly told him to calm down.

“Melanie.” Justin said gravely. She looked up at him, and their eyes connected through the reflection in the mirror. “The next time you wanna embarrass me like that, let me know.” Deanna shook her head, ready to stand up for Melanie, but was hushed. “I don’t even wanna hear from the peanut gallery right now, so shut your mouth.”

“Watch your tone, Justin.” JC sternly said.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki