Gray Dreams by Babymamma787


Number of reviews: 69
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Flashback

Justin slowly merged through the throngs of dancing people on that hot summer day. He hadn’t drunk a beer or anything with alcohol in it, and his body was yearning for the liquid. After what seemed like forever, the boy on a mission found the kitchen nestled in the back of the beach house the party was being hosted at. He sighed before pulling open the large steel refrigerator door, and peering at the contents inside. The only thing there was beer, and he obliged before taking one. Closing his eyes, he titled the bottle of beer up higher and sucked down the last bit quickly. Time for another- he helped himself. The booze talked to him, helped him figure out what he was going to say to Kelice and how he was going to tell her that he was moving to Chicago when the school year was over- in a month. Another being came into his world now, and he waved slightly at the girl that was giving him a disapproving glare.

“Justin, how many drinks have you had tonight?” Danielle protective inquired.

“I don’t know? Who cares?” He shrugged his shoulders lazily.

“You should! Kelice is looking for you, anyway so sober up real quick. She doesn’t seem happy.”

“She’s never happy anymore.” Justin rolled his eyes.

“She is when she’s with you, Justin!” Danielle stood up for her friend. “I think she’d be upset that you’d rather spend your time drinking than with her.”

“I see her everyday at school! All she does is nag now anyway. I love her, but damn. Gimme a break.”

“Justin,” Danielle started, “Maybe if you’d give her a break and stop drinking so much, she’d quit nagging.”

Justin walked over to Danielle, slowly, and stared her in the eye. He knew what he was doing; he knew how to hold his liquor in. Half the time, people couldn’t even tell he was drunk because he was that good at hiding it. Justin embraced her slowly into a hug and kissed her head.

“Justin.” Danielle mumbled into his chest.

“Shh…”

“If Kelice sees us like this-”

“I can’t give my friend a hug? Even when I might not see you for a long time?” Justin pulled back.

“What the hell are you talking about, boy? You’ve had way too many drinks, so go sit down-”

“No!” Justin yelled. “I’m serious! I’m moving to Chicago.” He said the last part of his sentence quietly.

“What? Why? When did this happen? What happened to all of us graduating together? Have you told Deanna? JC? Joey?”

Justin held a finger up, signaling for her to slow down. He stared at her brown, tear filled eyes and saddened. He’d already told Deanna and she cried hysterically, so he didn’t need another replay. “Danielle, I have to go.”

She shook her head furiously, and let the tears slide down her cheeks. “NO! You’re lying, Justin! I thought you said that you were pretty sure that the whole Chicago thing wasn’t gonna work out!”

“Keep your voice down, Dani.” He choked on the lump that had formed in his throat. “Don’t make this harder than it needs to be, okay? I’ll write I promise, and I’ll try to call as much as I can.”

“Justin, you’re lying to me.” Danielle wiped the flowing tears from her face, shook her head, and walked out the kitchen.

Sadly, Justin leaned against the marble counter and ran a hand through his unruly hair. Thick tears slowly began to fall and he sniffled loudly before taking his sleeves and wiping his face. Deanna slowly and cautiously walked into the kitchen, hands folded in front of her. With every step, she studied Justin’s weeping form. She wanted to weep also just from looking at his frail body. He’d shrunk it seemed, ever since he’d began to smoke and drink constantly. Unable to talk and look at her best friend break down, she reached out and hugged him. Justin whimpered now, and laid his head on her shoulder, his shoulders rising and falling dramatically. Deanna began to cry along with him and rubbed his back soothingly. Justin squeezed her now, and wailed. Deanna shook her head and ran her fingers through his hair.

“I know, I know.” She cooed. “Baby, don’t cry okay? I know it’s hard, Justin.” Deanna said quietly. “You know we love you, and for the record, Danielle doesn’t hate you; she’s just in shock. You did the right thing, Justin and don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise, do you understand?” When Justin nodded her head, she continued. “I love you, Justin.”

Justin squeezed her tighter now, and shook his head. “Come with me.” He uttered out.

“To Chicago?” Justin only nodded his head. “Now, you know I couldn’t do that. But, what I can do is call you and write to you as much as you want. I can email you too, and we can take pictures and send them to each other. It’ll be like we’re with each other.”


** ** **
I still don’t understand what gave Justin the right to say that to me last night. Sure, he had every right to say it, but it didn’t make any sense. How are you gonna tell someone that you have their back, and then let them go out like a little punk and not get any licks in? Maybe he thought he was keeping me out of trouble? After all, I don’t even live here and I’m starting to feel like I don’t belong-at least not around Justin’s friends.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re cool and all, but they’re filthy rich. They don’t earn their money by working like I do. Instead, they have money simply because of their parents. Mama has her own damn shop, but she doesn’t buy me every little thing I want. I don’t even get my car until I go to college, and I will be paying it off. Maybe I’m just jealous because I was born into the middle class and I don’t get the luxuries these kids do.
Danielle took me to class today…in a Navigator. With rims. That spin. She has on some expensive designer velour sweat suit too, and she told me who it was by, but I forgot. Me? I rode in the passenger seat of her car wearing some Nikes, black nylon sweats, and a Chicago Bulls jersey. It’s just dancing.

So we’ve reached the entrance to the dance studio now and oh my God. Brian Friedman just walked by and smiled. Brian Friedman has choreographed for people like Britney and Prince. He even helped Wade Robson while working with Britney. What the hell am I doing here?

“Ma’am, how were you referred?” The lady sitting behind a table asked me. Not everyone can get into this class, and I feel like I’m taking someone’s spot.

“Um…” I stuttered. “My dance teacher contacted a lady from the Bloc Agency.”

“Do you know her name?” The woman inquired further.

I shook my head. Crap. What is that lady’s name? I know she had a big nose. “I think her name is Margaret Spencer. I was told that this workshop would be private?”

“Yes, it is. People can only get in if they were referred or if they’re paying customers.” She informed and wrote something down on a clipboard. “If you could just walk right inside, ma’am and class will start in about 15 minutes.”

Danielle followed behind me as we entered the studio. By the way, it’s freakin’ awesome. Oh God, I sound like Justin. I really said ‘freakin’’ awesome. The studio is huge and not that crowed, thankfully. Large fans are in the corners of the room for when it gets hot, and there is a mirror in the front and the back of the studio. Danielle and I plop down on the hardwood floor and begin to stretch. I notice some other girls dancing in front of the mirror, warming themselves up, and they’re good.

Most of them look like they’ve had a really strong background in either jazz or ballet, and I hope that’s not what the teacher is going to be focusing on. I came because I want to focus on hip-hop now. I’m tired of fancy turns and shit. Brian Friedman walked in, and my stomach jumped.

Danielle tapped me now, “That’s our teacher.”

Are you kidding me? “Shut up.” I drug out.

She only smiled and nodded and before I knew it, the sound system was playing Brandy’s “What About Us?” extremely loudly, and we were beginning the class.

~ An hour and a half later ~

I think I’m going to pass out, seriously. I’ve never danced so hard in my life, and I have to do these types of things everyday this week! I had a muscle spasm in my right leg at the end of class, and that was pretty damn embarrassing for me to bend over in order to pick up my bag, and have my leg start shaking. Brian, my teacher, is really nice and laid back. He didn’t put any pressure on anyone and I even got to dance next to him…as an example for the rest of the class! It was definitely weird dancing with mirrors though. At school, we practice in the gym, so we can’t really see what we’re doing wrong for ourselves.

“I think I’m going to that audition, Danielle.” I said as she drove down Justin’s street.

“Really? I’m not.” She said sadly.

“Why? It’s gonna be so tight! Have you ever auditioned before?”

Danielle nodded her head slightly, and turned into Justin’s driveway. “Yeah, I’ve even been in a couple of commercials like the ones for Pepsi and Dr. Pepper.”

“That’s cool! It shouldn’t be a problem then, right?” I said enthusiastically.

“Melanie, this is a tour. For Mya. For Mya, Melanie! Do you know how big that will be?”

Oh come on. It’s just Mya. Don’t get me wrong, I have all of the girl’s CDs and stuff, but she’s not like Micheal Jackson or anything, and I doubt she’ll even tour the whole country. Danielle put the car in park now, and looked at me.

“If you go, I’ll back you up a hundred percent.” She smiled.
That was sweet of her to say, but Justin said that last night, and the only backing up he did was out the door. “Well, I was thinking that maybe tomorrow we could try and take Sho-tyme’s class, since he’s doing Mya’s tour.”

“You’d know I’d go with you, cause you’re my girl, but I have school tomorrow.” She trailed off.

Damn, I forgot that’s tomorrow’s Monday and that they don’t get off until Wednesday. Maybe we’ll go if there’s a class on Wednesday or tomorrow after she gets out of school. But, this whole thing is annoying. I’m getting homesick already-not really, but I wish I had the Expedition, then I wouldn’t have to worry about getting rides anywhere. I hate being dependent on people so much. I began to exit the car now, and said goodbye to Danielle. She told me she’d call me, and I’ll be waiting for it. Deanna and Danielle are cool, and I think I’m going to be spending more time with them, than I will Justin.

* *
Melanie rang the doorbell to Justin’s home now, and waited for someone to answer it and let her in. A maid came to the door and greeted her, before letting her into the lavish estate.

“Would you like me to wash anything?” The maid asked.

Melanie shook her head absentmindedly and made her way up the large staircase. The thought of maids and assistants breathing down her neck scared her, and she didn’t understand how Justin and his family put up with it. Hurriedly, she walked past Justin’s half closed door and into her room that was on the other side of the hallway. Her door closed with a slam as she kicked of her shoes and took off her jersey. She then pressed a button on a remote, and watched the TV reveal itself after sitting behind two doors while she was gone. All of a sudden, the door swung open and Melanie turned around to face a confused Justin.

“Ya know, you really need to put a lock on this door. I don’t appreciate you just walking in when you feel like it.” Her snapping tone hit him even though he couldn’t see the facial expressions that went along with it.

“Where were you at all morning?” Justin asked loudly.

Melanie looked at the clock. “It’s only ten; it’s still morning.”

Justin grunted and rolled his eyes, proceeding to walk through the room’s angry aurora that had been set by the two of them. “Don’t play around. Where were you?” He plopped down on the bed and looked at the TV briefly before giving her a scornful stare.

“I was taking a dance class with Danielle. I told you that I was going yesterday…twice. Maybe if you’d start thinking with the right head more often, you’d comprehend better.” She threw back.

“Oh shut up. I asked you a question, meaning I only wanted an answer- not a freakin’ commentary.” He rolled his eyes and looked at her.

“Justin, get out. You’re pissing me off.” Melanie shook her head and began to make her way to the bathroom.

“You think you don’t piss me off?” He yelled and flailed his arms. He followed her as she made her way to the bathroom, and prevented her from shutting the door.

“Stop it.”

“No! We need to talk about what happened last night.”

Melanie shook her head and rolled her eyes at him. “Oh okay, you were a complete bastard…that’s what happened last night.”

“Melanie, why do you jump to conclusions so damn quickly? Maybe if you would’ve asked me why-“

“Asked you! You’ve got to be kidding me! You didn’t wanna hear anybody talking! You even told Deanna to shut up, Justin, get a grip!”

“Well, I was mad…”

“You were mad?” Melanie yelled and pushed him lightly. “Fine then. If you have the right to be mad over something stupid, then so do I. GET OUT.”

The doorbell rang now, and Justin and Melanie stared at each other still. She crossed her arms over her chest, waiting on Justin to leave, but he remained. Justin sighed slowly and looked her up and down, in sweats and a sports bra. He didn’t know what to say or do, afraid that she’d blow up on him again, despite his justified reasons for doing what he did the night before.

“Melanie-“ He started, but was cut off.

“Get out, Justin.” She solemnly said.

“Will you just let me explain?” He begged. “Why do you have to be so damn stubborn?”

“Because, Justin! You said you would have my back last night, but you acted like a little chump.”

“When I said I would have your back, I meant if Kelice just started talking shit out of nowhere.”

“She was, smart ass!” Melanie yelled.

“She wasn’t talking about you, she was talking about me!” Justin said. “You shouldn’t have even opened your damn mouth! It wasn’t like she called you a whore or anything, geeze! If anything, that’s what she called me.” Justin ranted.

“Justin, did you not hear what she called me later though?” Melanie squinted her eyes at the memory.

“Yes, I heard her loud and clear. But, she only said that because you had already gotten pissed off, and she wanted to piss you off even more! I know how Kelice is, Melanie, you don’t. She just says shit to people to get them upset and I guarantee that if you would’ve laid a hand on her, she would’ve had you in court faster than you could say ‘bitch’.” Justin shook his head. “I had your back last night, Melanie. I kept your ass out of trouble.”

“Whatever, Justin! You let her talk shit, that’s all you did.” Melanie argued.

“I’m sorry dear, but this isn’t Chicago, this is Beverly Hills. We solve our problems with lawsuits and money-not fists.” He rose his eyebrows, and leaned down so that he was exactly at eye level with her. “By the way, my dad’s been their lawyer for awhile now.” With that, he made a sarcastic face, and left the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~

He looked at the back of her profile admiringly as she talked with a group of her friends. Kelice was so busy laughing and joking around, that she didn’t even notice him standing behind her. But he changed that when he enveloped his arms around her stomach and kissed the side of her head lovingly. She jumped and grinned at him before excusing herself from her peers.

“What is it, baby?” Kelice asked sweetly and smiled just the same.

Justin stared at her smile, it had dimmed over the past year, a result of the trials they’d gone through as a couple. She wasn’t as carefree as she used to be- it was more forced now, Justin noticed. Sure, they had their good days, but the bad ones overpowered the good.

“Can I talk to you inside?” He asked her warily before she nodded her head. Justin grabbed her hand then, and pulled her into the house and past the throngs of dancing people.

“Is everything okay?” She asked as she followed him up the stairs and got a simple nod from him. “You look like you were crying, baby.”

“I’m fine Kelice.” He reassured her, knowing that she wouldn’t be after he broke the news. Finding a vacant room at the end of the hallway, Justin lead his girlfriend in and instructed her to sit on the bed.

“J-baby, what’s wrong?” Kelice’s eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

“Can you tell me you love me? I just need to hear-“

“I love you, Justin. What is it?”

Justin cleared his throats and looked down at his expensive tennis shoes before looking up at his suspicious long-time girlfriend. “I uh…I’m moving.”

“Where? To that house you guys said you wanted in Holly-“ Kelice was cut off by Justin’s fingers against her lips.

“No…my mom and my brothers and I…” He sighed, “We’re going to Chicago.”

“WHAT?” Kelice yelled. “You told me that you guys weren’t going to go anymore, Justin!” She yelled again.

“My mom-“

“Did you open your mouth again, Justin?” She accused. “Justin, why would you do this to yourself?” She whined and put her face in her hands.

“Oh…” Justin said. “You mean why on Earth would I tell my mother that her husband was cheating on her?”

“Yes, Justin!” She yelled.

“How the hell can you say that?” He yelled louder. “Wouldn’t you tell your mom, Kelice!”

“Hell no! Not if it’d mean loosing all of this, and having to go to Chicago! You’re going to be poor, Justin! Has that ever crossed your mind? You’re going to have to start shopping at places like Wal*Mart because you mother won’t be able to afford anything!”

“Well, I’d rather see my family stable, than wearing designer clothes.” Justin said half-heartedly.

Kelice scoffed mockingly. “That’s bullshit, Justin. You and I both know how much of a spoiled brat you are! Second of all, it’s none of your business what he’s doing!”

Justin shook his head, confused at her behavior. “Yes, it is-“

“How!”

“That’s my dad! He’s apart of my family! What part of that don’t you get? Geeze, why do you have to be so materialistic?”

“Okay, Justin fine. I’ll stop being ‘materialistic’ for a minute. What about me, Justin, did you even think about that? Did I even cross your mind?”

Justin shrugged. “You’re not apart of my family.”

Kelice slapped his thigh now. “I can’t believe you just said that!” She whined. “I’m not apart of your family? I’m pretty damn close, mister. I’ve known you since the 6th grade, Justin! We started dating the summer before freshman year!” She began to cry. “Does that mean nothing to you? Especially, after what we went through last year? It makes me sick even thinking about it, but I still do! Did you think about that?”

“I did think about us…after my mom told me that we were moving.”

Kelice groaned and threw her hands in the air. “Perfect timing, Justin! Why didn’t you ask my dad if you could move in with us? You’re like the son he never had, Justin and you know that! As many people as you know around here that you could’ve stayed with, you chose to go broke and move all the way to Chicago?” She yelled as she cried. “I can’t believe this! Obviously, leaving all of our dreams that we had together is just fine, huh?”

“No, baby, I’m coming back.” He pleaded.

“When, Justin?”

“When I graduate I guess.” He offered.

“You guess? Meaning, you don’t even know for sure! We won’t even get to graduate together! My senior year will be ruined. I’ll have no one to share my popularity with…I’ll have no one, Justin.”

“Oh come on. You have everyone at Hillside to hang out with.” He tried to persuade her.

“I’m going to look bad! It’s going to look like you just left me by the curb or something, Justin! I’m beginning to think that you’re happy that you’re leaving.” She looked at him now, eyes read and puffy from crying.

Justin lowered his head now. “I am.” He said quietly.

Without saying a word, Kelice stood up abruptly and stormed out the room. Justin immediately followed after her, hoping that she would let him finish his statement. He grabbed her by the arm as she made her way down the stairs and tried pulling her close to him. With no such luck, Kelice yanked her wrist out of his grasp and hit his arm roughly. Justin held up his arms, trying to block her shots, even though they didn’t hurt. She continued to hit him though, as hard as her skinny arms could manage, until she sunk down onto the step and wept.


***
Thick slow tears trailed down Melanie’s brown cheeks as she stared off into space sadly. She sat upon the bed Indian style and twiddled her fingers as a result of boredom. She wasn’t crying because she was bored, however. She was crying because she was upset, sad, and homesick all in one. For some reason, she found herself wanting to go back to all of her everyday problems in Chicago. She was willing to admit now, that she had feelings for Justin, but only to herself. Melanie would never just flat out say it to him- not after the way he’d been treating her since they’d arrived in California, which wasn’t that bad actually. So, she found herself confused once again with her situation with Justin, and convinced even more that Damien was cheating on her. After all, they were opposite sides of the country- it was bound to happen if it hadn’t already.

Knocking at the door sounded through her humming eardrums. The closed door muffled Justin’s voice. “Hey, we’re planning on going somewhere today. We’re all gonna meet up at JC’s house. Wanna come?”

She didn’t answer him, embarrassed now that he’d resorted to asking her because of being afraid she’d lash out on him. Of course she wanted to go. In the span of a day, she missed seeing the door open suddenly and his head pop through the crack-blue eyes darting around looking for her.

As if her wish were partially granted, the door slowly opened this time and he stuck the upper half of his body lean through the open space the door provided. Melanie opted to not looking at him, tears still visible on her face. She felt him staring at her though, so she flung herself backward onto the bed and brought her knees to her chest. Justin walked up to the foot of the bed now, and stared back at her. He then proceeded to plop down on Melanie’s knees, causing her to grunt, and balance himself until he was looking right at her. Justin leaned down and kissed the droplets on her face, and rubbed her arm before speaking.

“What’s wrong? Don’t be sad.” He said quietly. She remained silent. “Are you homesick? Cause if you are, I can take the blame for that one.” He cupped her cheeks. “Melanie,” he drug out her name, “talk to me, man. Yell at me or something.” He pleaded. “Do you have gas?”

Melanie stifled a giggle at his random inquiry. She then brought up her hands to wipe her face, and shook her head. “I’m sorry-“

Justin cut her off with a slight kiss on the lips. “It’s okay. All is well.” He smiled.

“No, Justin, I-“

He cut her off again. “Dang girl, it’s okay.”

“NO!” Melanie squeaked. “I can’t breathe, and you’re cutting of the circulation in my legs.” Her eyes pleaded with him to get off of her.

Justin chuckled, partly embarrassed, and moved so that he was lying on the bed. “Sorry ‘bout that.”

Melanie shook her head and grinned before reassuring him that she wasn’t paralyzed or anything. “So what are we going to do today?”

Justin propped his chin on his arm. “We’re thinking about either going to the beach or to Disneyland.”

With the sound of Disneyland, Melanie’s eyes lit up like a little kid, despite her weeping. “Disneyland! Disneyland!”

“Calm down, you sound like a 5 year old.” Justin laughed. “Besides, don’t you guys have that Disney thing in Chicago? What’s it called…Walt Disney Attractions?” He grinned.

Melanie sucked her teeth and gave him a bored look. “Please, that’s the bootleg.”

Justin laughed out loud and made a noise with his sigh as he sobered up. “I doubt we’ll go today, though. Maybe when everyone gets out of school. Besides, you’ve been dancing all morning- I don’t think you’ll wanna walk around that much.”

“But, it’s Disneyland!” She whined.

“I know.” Justin whined just the same. “We’ll go, I promise. If we don’t, you can kick my ass.”

“I’ll kick your ass whenever I feel like it.”

Justin waved his hands. “Uh-oh, watch out! Big bad Melanie over here.” He smiled at her.

“Shut up. Are we leaving right now?”

Justin stuck out his bottom lip. “Nah…we can wait and let some people get there, and be fashionably late.”

“Well, then can you cuddle with me?” She asked softly.

Justin grinned boyishly and bounced his shoulders up and down, playfully. “Well, you don’t stink so I don’t see-“

“Justin, shut up and c’mere.” She chuckled.

“Mmm, feisty.” He rose his straight eyebrows. Justin wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her stomach, making baby noises. “Ooh you’re so cute, yes you are- oh yes, yes, yes. Aren’t you precious?”

Melanie laughed loudly now and slapped the hands around her waist. “You’re so goofy, Justin.”

Taking her literally, Justin laughed identically to the Disney character, Goofy. “Shucks, Melanie.”

** **
“Oh my gosh, Justin. That’s a big ass wave.” No shit, Melanie I can see that.

“Yes, and they get bigger.” I said.

For some reason, when I pulled at her arm, she was stuck and staring at the water. I know she’s not going to do this now. She hasn’t even taken off her clothes! That ruins the whole premise behind going to the beach with a beautiful girl.

“Come on, babe.” I tried to coax her, and she slowly took a step forward. Pretty soon, we were at a pretty good walking pace, everyone else ahead of us. With my shoes in hand, I tell her to take off her sandals, but she objects.

“I just got my nails done.”

Oh brother. She sounds like Missy Elliot. If you a fly girl, get your nails done. Get a pedicure, get your hair did. Whatever, when she trips and falls on her own two feet, I’m not the Ghostbuster she’s gonna call.

Deanna, who was walking hand in hand with JC (ew), turned around and looked at us before smiling. What is she smiling at? Oh wait, I forgot. That’s Melanie’s little instigating friend now, so she’s not smiling at me, oh no. Finally, after what seemed like forever, Melanie and I reached the group. The group consisted of the following people: Danielle, Jared, Lance, Joey, JC, Deanna, Chris, Leigh, Michelle, Kelly, and Marlena. In a minute now, Kelice will be here with one of her little boy toys I hear she flings around. How would you be capable of knowing such a thing, Justin? You ask. Because, my friend, Kelice is a stalker and her little ‘crew’ is here to scope out Melanie- I know it. Ya know, so before Kelice makes her little entrance, they can call her and tell what Melanie’s wearing. That way, Kelice can spend another hour trying to top Melanie’s bathing suit. Pathetic, I know.

Joey and Lance were busy putting out the beach chairs and umbrellas, while Melanie and l, laid out the towels and blankets. We were planning on staying all night, so Chris brought all the food. Opening the cooler, he said. “Okay, we got some Coronas, Bud Light, Miller Light, and some Smirnoff, and Bicardi Silver for all you alcoholics.”

What about me?

Chris continued. “And for people like Justin, we have…water.”

I can go into the ocean and get that, thanks. Everyone laughed and poked fun, but it’s all good. You know why? Cause I’ll be the responsible one making sure their asses get home safely. I looked over at Melanie, just to see how she’s doing, and I noticed her introducing herself to the people she hasn’t met before- I assume she’s more comfortable now.

God, she’s beautiful. She’s just…fine. It’s like I can’t even describe her to a tee. Damien’s a lucky guy. No, wait. I’m a lucky guy! Yeah, that’s more like it, Timberlake.

“Hey man, you’re drooling.” Jared stood beside me. “But, damn…she is fine.”

Hey! “Find your own girl. It was hard enough for me to get her, and I don’t even fully have her!”

“Word?” Jared drawled out.

“Word.” I confirmed. “She’s still stuck on some asshole back in Chicago.” It’s really quite sad.

“Well you got her out here now, man.” As if I wasn’t aware. “Have you put it on her yet? That’s usually what gets ‘em”.

I chuckled-if he only knew. “Nah, man. Not yet.” I said.

“Well what are y’all waiting on?” He pushed my arm. “Dog…” He took a long dramatic pause. “Is she a virgin? Please tell me she’s not, how can you be that fine and not been touched?”

I laughed out loud. “No, she’s not a virgin.” I shook my head. “There are a lot of complications right now.”

“Oh word? Alright, well I hope you at least get to hit it before y’all leave, man. It’s good scenery ya know?” Jared laughed.

“Shut up, man.”

About twenty minutes later, once we got settled in, we decided to go in the water. I went over to where Melanie was sitting on a towel with Deanna, and wrapped my arms around her neck. Oh yes, it’s time for the stripping ceremony. Dun Dun Da Dun!

“Let’s go get in the water!” I said excitedly, and she looked at me skeptically, but proceeded to get up.

“Okay, I’m coming.” She said. Melanie pulled off her shirt and shorts to reveal a black string bikini that had white polka dots on it. I think I’m in Heaven, I can even hear the angles singing. “Stop staring, Justin and come on.”

I need to work on my staring techniques; she always catches me.

Chp. 29 Pt. Two

Justin stood in the water at the beach, taking everything in while keeping Melanie afloat by his arms that were wrapped around her waist. Melanie brought her newly polished toes to surface and made a funny face. Her nail polish was beginning to chip off, so she put her feet back in the water.

“Justin, I need you to paint my toenails again.” Melanie informed him quietly.

“What color?” He grinned.

Melanie tilted her head back and rested it on his shoulder so that she could barely look at him. “Hot pink.”

“No, that’s too girly.”

“I’m a girl, Justin!”

“But you don’t want hot pink do you? It’s ugly. How about bright orange?” He smiled.

“That’s even worse, Justin.”

“Yellow?”

“Ew! We’ll just stick with the red.” She concluded and went back to watch the sun over the horizon.

The water made clapping noises as it collided with their bodies, some water creeping onto their faces. Melanie, too short to reach the sandy bottom because they’d swam further out, squeezed Justin’s hands to signify him that a wave was coming their way.

“Oh my gosh, Justin! We’re gonna die!” She wailed.

Justin rolled his eyes. “Sweetie, this is the fifth time you’ve said that, and we’re not dead yet.”

“Well, I feel it this time.”

Justin laughed. “That’s just me.” He then jumped and floated along with the large wave. Once, he could touch the floor again he stated. “You’re not gonna yell at me for saying something dirty?”

Melanie shook her head as she wiped the water off of her face. “Nope. I’m used to it. Can we go back now? I’m scared.”

Justin sighed. “I told you you’re a scaredy-cat.” He began to swim backwards now, pulling her along for the ride.

“I am not!” She whined as she was brought closer to shore.

“Yes, you are. You’re scared of everything.” Justin stood up now, and let her stand on her own two feet. “You’re scared of your own room, Melanie!”

“Well…”she made a confused face. “That’s because you have big horrendous animals on the wall, and the ceiling is so high up. It looks like some kinda freakish dome.”

Justin splashed water on her. “You look like a freakish dome.”

She splashed back. “No, I don’t. If anything, I’m a pretty dome.”

Justin laughed out loud, and pulled her closer to him once more before kissing her forehead. He turned her around, so that her back was facing him, and spun her around in the water- her feet out in front of her. He laughed when she made little sound effects as he spun her. He realized Melanie was having so much fun, she didn’t even notice the wave coming upon them. So, he grabbed her and pushed her up so that she wouldn’t be taken under. As the two drifted back down to the ocean floor, her arms snaked around Justin’s neck and she smiled at him.

“My hero. You saved me from the big bad wave.” She grinned and pressed her forehead to his wet one.

“You are such a tease.” He smiled. “But I don’t mind…for now.”

“Whad’ya mean ‘for now’?” She inquired.

“Pretty soon, I’m gonna get tired of the games.” Justin said seriously.

“And do what?”

Justin looked at her, rose his eyebrows, and shook his head slightly. He sighed again, tired of her fake oblivion. “When I get bored with things, I drop them…quickly and cut them out of my life. That’s just how I work.”

She looked into his eyes that were identical to the ocean’s blue. “Well…how fast do you get bored?”

Justin looked away for a moment, and back at her. “Melanie, I don’t wanna play games anymore. I’m tired of being- being the other guy. Why can’t you just-“

Melanie groaned and turned in route to the sandy shore. “Let’s not talk about this right now, okay?”

The water shrunk lower on her legs the closer she got to shore, and she kicked it out of the way when it got to her ankles.
Justin followed after her, his wading slowing him down, and called her name. Surprised that she stopped, he hesitated in his trek to her. Melanie watched the water droplets trickle down his chiseled abs and into the seam of his trunks.

Justin wiped his nose now and looked down at his feat that were beginning to sink into the wet sand. “Look, I don’t wanna make you mad. I care about you, Melanie seriously.” His eyebrows furrowed with frustration from his lack of words. “I-I want you to have a good time this week, but I wanna have a good time too.”

Melanie shook her head. “What are you saying?”

“I wanna spend time with you, and I don’t want you mad at me every five seconds!” He whined and his shoulders slumped.

“I don’t get mad at you every five seconds, Justin! “ She argued, and Justin gave her a disbelieving look. "Don’t look at me like that! I think you’re over-reacting.”

“Look at you, you’re mad right now.” He said shortly.

“I am not!” She yelled.

“Then why are you yelling?” He rose his voice.

Melanie silenced herself with a huff and began her way up to where everyone was sitting. Her feet sunk into to the sand dunes underneath her. She glanced at the muddy children that were burying each other and making huge holes that held water. A little girl poured her bucket of water onto her brother’s tousled hair and laughed when he screeched at its frigidness.

The sun beamed down brightly on the beach-goers as some adjusted the umbrellas and reapplied their sun block. When she’d finally reached the gang, her feet were covered in blotches of sticky sand, and some had crept up the back of her legs. Silently, she searched for her towel and noticed bronze thick thighs sitting on it. The thighs were adorned in tiny jean cut-off shorts and the feet were bare, the person’s hot pink nail polish shining. Melanie’s eyes drifted up Kelice’s practically perfect body and noticed her raised eyebrows, that were once behind her large, oval-shaped, jet black Gucci sunglasses, complete her ‘what-the-hell-are-you-looking-at-look’.

“Gosh, do they bring you everywhere?” Kelice spat out lowly.

Justin had walked up behind Melanie now, and looked at Kelice, noticing how she decided to cross and uncross her legs slowly and seductively. He always loved her legs. Unable and unwilling to say anything due to distraction, he walked over to where JC was and plopped down next to him on his straw mat.

“Um,” Melanie started, “You’re sitting on my towel.” The wind blew, and she shivered slightly. “Can you move, please?” She was beginning to find it hard to bite her tongue and not blurt out a profanity.

Kelice leaned forward in the blue beach chair she was seated in and said, “Do you not see how many other towels there are? Use one of those- I’m comfortable.” She said gravely.

“But those aren’t mine, and it can’t be that much trouble for you to simply get off your as-butt and move.”

Before Kelice said anything, Justin did. “Kelice, get up. She asked you nicely and it’s not like she wants your seat.”

Kelice snapped her head at Justin venomously. “Well, shit Justin, why don’t you give her your towel?”

Justin rolled his eyes, and looked in the duffel bag that held extra towels, and pulled a fluffy white one out. He stood now, making his way over to Melanie, and she graciously held out her hands for it. Instead, he opened it, and wrapped it around her himself. Clamping the front closed with his hands, he pulled her close to him and kissed her forehead.

“Is that better?” He said softly and smiled widely when she grinned at him.

“A lot better. Thank you.” She said and kissed his cheek.

“Oh give me a freakin’ break.” Kelice groaned behind her Teen People magazine.

Excuse me Mrs. Busybody
Could you pencil me in when you can?
Though we both know that the worst part about it
Is I would be free when you wanted me
I am the man on the side
Hoping you’ll make up your mind
I am the one who will swallow his pride
Life as the man on the side


* *
“You guys, can I ask you something?” Melanie said warily to Deanna and Danielle as they walked through the sand, and away from everyone else.

“Sure.” They said simultaneously and looked at her expectantly.

The sun was beginning to set now, and the boys had begun the making of the smores. The winds had kicked in and shades of pick and orange filled the vast sky. Families had begun to head out, the little kids frolicking under the water at the showers. The girls neared the wall that blocked the beach from the parking lot now, and sat down.

Melanie sighed, “So I’ve been thinking a lot about Justin lately.” She started and the girls nodded their heads.

Danielle stopped her. “He said you have a boyfriend, is that true?”

Melanie lowered her head. “Yeah.” She trailed off.

Deanna nodded her head. “Oh, I know what this is about. You wanna break up with your boyfriend so you and Justin can get together.”

Melanie shook her head. “It’s not that easy. Besides, I’m over being scared to break up with Damien now. I know that nigga is doing something shady.”

“And if he isn’t?” Danielle asked.

“Then oh well.” Melanie squinted her eyes and sniffled. “I’m from Chicago…South Side. People over there aren’t too fond of the whole interracial thing, and Justin and Damien hate each other seriously.” Melanie’s eyes widened remembering all the times they’d fought at practices.

Deanna shook her head. “Tomorrow, me and you are goin’ to the hood.” She nodded her head. “Yeah, then I think you’ll realize that there’s no escaping that shit. Stupid people are all over- not just in Chicago.”

“I know that.” Melanie said. “But, I don’t want the drama.”

Danielle patted her back. “Melanie, there’s drama everywhere, and you’re just going to have to deal with it. I’m sure Justin has thought about how everyone will treat y’all. But, think about how much stuff Justin has gone through. I’m pretty sure he can handle it.” She smirked. “He’s Justin.”

Deanna laughed, “For real. When you guys get into each other, you won’t even notice anyone else. Haters are everywhere, but you can’t let them get to you.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki