Gray Dreams by Babymamma787


Number of reviews: 69
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


16 year-old Justin waved his hand with dismay at his personal assistant, Kirsten. Justin then proceeded to walk out of his large room and ventured into the hallway, completely ignoring her calls. The blonde petite assistant hustled after him, begging him to slow down, but he wouldn’t.

“Justin, you have to go to this brunch! It’s important!” She pleaded and her voice echoed in the hallway.

That was it. Justin had had it, so he turned abruptly and yelled, “Important for who? Not me! I have a game today at twelve and you want me to go to some stupid brunch! Fuck you!”

Angry footsteps were heard coming up the stairs and Kirsten’s face showed worry. “Justin, come back in your room before your father gets upset.” The skin on her forehead creased as she begged him desperately through her green eyes. “Come on, don’t be like this.”

The angry being now reached the top of the stairs. Randall, half dressed with his shirt unbuttoned and his tie dangling off of his neck, scowled at his son that was still in his pajamas. Just then, his two other sons, Steven and Jonathan, peeked their heads from their doors.

“Get dressed, boys!” Randall rumbled. He then stared coldly at Justin and received Justin’s cold stare. “Come here.”

“No,” Justin stated.

Kirsten interjected, “Mr. Timberlake, I’m sorry, I’ll take-“

“Shut up!” Randall put his hand to her face. He focused his attention to his son again. “I told you to come here.”

“I told you no.” Justin stood in place and crossed his arms over his chest.

Randall let out a loud, aggravated sigh now. “Justin, come here. Stop being a jack ass and come over here right now, young man. You wouldn’t want your mother to come out, would you?”

“No, ‘dad’. I don’t think you’d like it if mom came out either cause I’d tell her that you’ve been sleeping with everyone who works for you, including Nancy, her friend!” Justin yelled. “So, fuck you, Randall!”

Randall became irate-anger filled his body so much now that he began to shake. He trudged toward Justin, threatening him through his eyes. A vein had popped out on the side of his neck as he clenched his teeth together. He grabbed Justin by the collar of his shirt, and rammed him against the beige painted wall so hard that the picture frames that adorned it shook. “Listen, you little pot-head. You’re going to that fucking brunch even if I have to drag your ungrateful ass there, do you understand me?” When Justin didn’t answer he pushed him against the wall harder. “You’re nothing, Justin! Nothing! All the weed you’ve been smoking isn’t going to help! Now, you really wont go anywhere with that so-called basketball career you have going!”

Kirsten’s eyes began to water as she begged Justin’s father to stop. “Sir, please!”

Randall continued nonetheless. “Wait ‘til I tell your mother about the worthless shit you are, son. You tell her my business, and I’m telling her all of yours!” He jerked Justin one last time before finally letting him go and stomping off.


* * * *
His blue eyes jerked open at the sound of knocking on his door. He slowly peeled his eyes over and watched as the door slowly opened. His tired faced wrinkled with confusion as to why whoever was trying to enter was taking so long. That was when he saw her smiling face pop through the doors opening, and her eyes dart around. Melanie’s presence brought a smile to Justin’s face, so he motioned for her to enter his room. She did so gratefully, and pounced on his bed.

Justin laughed, “Aren’t we chipper this morning?”

Melanie smiled as she lay next to him, clad in shorts and a tank top. “Justin, it’s noon.” She informed and laughed when his face showed shock. “You slept the entire day away.”

Justin groaned and rubbed his eyes. “Well what were you doing all morning?”

“Well, I made you pancakes, but when I came to wake you up, you were knocked out.” Melanie said and Justin smiled at her. “So then, I looked around and found the little gym, so I was in there. Then I went into your sitting room and played all your video games.”

Justin rose his eyebrows. “Really?”

“Well, not all of them, but most of them. I got up really early though.”

Justin draped his arm around her and pulled her close to his body so that her head automatically laid on his bare chest. He then rubbed the arm that was across his stomach softly. “How early did you get up?” When she told him seven o’ clock he laughed. “Aw, somebody’s not used to the time change.” Melanie rose her hand and smirked.

“Justin, how many sit ups do you do a day?” She asked, and looked at his stomach muscles.

“I don’t count, I just do them. But I work out for like two hours, why?”

Melanie shrugged lazily. “I just wanted to know.”

Justin grinned. “You like my sexy body?” He asked in a funny tone and rubbed his stomach.

She laughed. “Shut up, Justin.” Justin squeezed her tighter. “I’m taking out my braids tonight, do you want me to do yours too?”

He hummed to show her he was thinking. “I guess you could. I need a hair cut, though.”

“Yeah, you do.” She smiled when he pushed her softly. “You know what else you need to do?”

“What?”

“Shower.” She looked up and her eyes smiled at him.

“Wanna join me?” He rose his eyebrows repeatedly.

“Ye-no.” She laughed at his brief excitement when he thought she would say yes.

**
Melanie sat in the large, awkward-shaped candy apple red chair quietly. Situated, in Justin’s vibrant sitting room, she found herself waiting on him to finish showering by checking her email. Turning on the monitor, the desktop illuminated a bright blue and green background with the word ‘Funky’ standing out in bright purple letters. She laughed softly at Justin’s creativeness. Opening up her email, she saw that she had 3 messages from Chasity, 2 from Jerome, 1 from Samuel, and 2 from Victoria. Her face scrunched up with confusion when she saw Victoria’s name in her inbox, and in the subject line of Victoria’s message was ‘Important’.

Deciding that it was just Victoria complaining about something that was irrelevant, she decided to open Chasity’s letter first. It read:

Hey, Mel!

It’s ya gurl, again. I called you, but ya phone was turned off! What exactly are you and Justin doin’ down there? LOL, nah I’m just playin- but you know you gotta let me know if somethin’ is happenin aiite? Anyway, on to the good stuff: I finally let Jerome get some. HAH, I know what you’re thinkin’ heffa, but it ain’t even like that. He was very sweet about the whole thing. But, we decided not to get too serious since it’s senior year and all.

Nicole and Joya wanna get back on the team- I told them to talk to you. I didn’t know what to say- it’s sad that they shafted us like that over some white girls. Speakin of which, Victoria has been actin’ stank lately. Not to me, oh no. She been crackin’ down on the cheerleaders and tellin them that they need to get they act together and shit. She was tellin them how you’d be mad if they hadn’t been practicin’. But, I guess you’ll have to see for yourself when you get back…if you do come back. HA

Anyway, holla at cha gurl okay, slut? (J/k)

One, Chasity


“Is Justin here?”

Melanie turned around quickly at the sound of the voice she had grown to dislike. She closed her email. “Yeah, he’s showering. What are you doing here? Don’t you have school?”

Kelice, who was clad in a white polo t-shirt and gray pleated uniform skirt, rolled her eyes. “We’re on lunch right now.”

“Who let you in?” Melanie turned back to the computer, and opened her next email.

“Duh. I know everyone here, it’s not like it’s hard to get in or anything.” Kelice took a seat on the blue, furry couch. “Look, the only reason why I’m here is to say sorry.”

Melanie wheeled herself around in the chair and looked at Kelice dead on. “For what?”

Kelice sighed. “For being rude. I’m not a mean person, really. I’m just not good with first impressions. Beside, if you and Justin are together or have sex or whatever…that’s none of my business.”

“Oh,” She stated, but looked at Kelice questioningly. “You think Justin and I have sex?”

She shrugged. “You’re not an ugly girl, I just assumed-“

“Wait, wait, wait. So, you were mad because you thought Justin lost his virginity to me or something?”

Kelice shook her head, understanding nothing Melanie had said. “What the hell are you talking about?”

The two girls stared at each other both equally confused. But suddenly, Kelice’s confused face was struck with realization. She was a smart girl, and she knew what Justin had done.

“Let’s change the subject. So, I hear you’re a dancer,” Kelice threw out.

“Yeah,” Melanie said absentmindedly and turned back to the computer.

“Ya know, Darrin Henson is my dad’s client, if you’ve ever wondered why he has such a nice smile,” She boasted.

“Sorry, I don’t look at choreographers’ teeth.” Melanie rolled her eyes as she read Chasity’s next message.

“My mom designed the costumes for the video ‘Gossip Folks’, and was one of the make-up artists. Ya know, the song Hi-Hat choreographed?”

Melanie was beginning to get interested, but decided not to let it show. So, she continued to read her email- they were more important…kind of. “That’s nice.”

Kelice sighed and stood up. As she walked over to where Melanie was, she laid two business cards on the desk and left the room. Melanie picked the business cards up and looked at them wide-eyed. Why would Kelice give her Darrin Henson and Hi-Hat’s business cards?

** * *
Kelice smiled widely as she quietly entered Justin’s vanilla-scented bedroom. It had been awhile since she’d been in there. She tiptoed in, took off her tennis shoes at the threshold, and closed the large oak door quietly, locking it also. Kelice noticed that the bathroom door was open when she saw the steam drifting out of it. Walking past, and seeing no one in there, she heard Justin humming so she walked in the direction of his sound. The light in his walk-in closet was on, and the humming became louder the closer she got to the closet. Finally, he came into her hazel view and she smirked at him as he stood with his back to her. She examined Justin, who was adorned in just black Dickies and blue and gray Vans tennis shoes.

As he pulled out a blue and gray Volcom shirt, she spoke. “Going for the skater look today?” Justin jumped at the sound of her voice, and looked at her. “I don’t think that’ll go well with the cornrows.”

Before yelling at her for trespassing, Justin took a moment to think about what she had said, and came to the conclusion that she was indeed, correct. So he put the shirt back on the rack, took off his Vans and searched for a different outfit.

As he shifted through his clothes, he spoke. “Where did you get your little thing that you have in your closet?”

“What thing?” She asked, walked in, and pulled out the first pair off jeans she saw before handing them to him.
Justin looked at them briefly, and handed them back to her. “Those have too many pockets. You know, the thing that makes your racks move when you press a button?”

Kelice nodded her head. “Oh, my dad had it installed when I started getting a lot of clothes. Why? You need one?”

“Yes, now what the hell are you doing in my house?”
“I came to visit.” She stated simply and walked out of the closet. She bounced on his tall bed, and crossed her legs. “I said sorry to Melanie,” Kelice called to him as he changed. “She’s a nice girl- it’s a shame that you lied to her.”

Justin came out of his closet now with a ‘Fat Albert’ white t-shirt on and blue jeans. “What the hell are you talking about?”

Kelice shrugged with mock innocence. “Do you like Chicago?”

“Yeah, it’s cool,” Justin said tensely and stared at her, wondering what she was getting at.

“It snows a lot huh?”

“Yeah.”

“Do you have a lot of friends?”

“Yeah, I guess,” He moved to his desk, and sat down.

“So...what’s it like on the other side, Justin?” Kelice trailed off.

“On the other side of what?”

“What’s it like being middle class?”

Justin rolled his eyes. “It’s fine, thank you.”

Kelice laughed out loud. “You mean to tell me that you’re content with not having suits and sunglasses made by Versace or Gucci? Not going on shopping sprees at Diesel? No cruising down Melrose Ave. and buying practically at least one thing out of every store? Not eating at upscale restaurants? Not riding around in a limo everywhere? Please, tell me the truth, Justin. I know you miss it.”

“Maybe I do,” Justin said softly. “But, money can’t buy my happiness.”

“You seemed hella giddy after shopping,” She pointed out.

“But, I’m fine without it.”

“No, you’re not, Justin. I know you.”

“Whatever.” He shook his head and looked at the clock. “Lunch is almost over, you should get back.”

“Did you forget that the school is 10 minutes away?” She laughed. “And that I could give a damn about being on time to my 5th period?”

“Did you forget that I don’t want you in here?” He laughed sarcastically and shortly before scowling.

Kelice’s smile faded. “No, I didn’t. Did you forget about us?”

“There is no us.”

“Do your friends in Chicago know what a wonderful life you have out here?”

“Not exactly. Do you know that this isn’t 20/20 and that you’re not Barbara Walters?” He became annoyed.

She disregarded his sarcastic question. “Why don’t you tell them?”

“Because it’s none of their business.”

“What did you tell Melanie about me?” Kelice inquired further.

“Basic shit.”

“That being?”

“Oh my gosh, Kelice drop it! It’s getting annoying.”

“Answer my question,” She demanded.

“That you’re my ex-girlfriend.”

“You didn’t tell her any details?”

“NO!” Justin stood up and walked of his nervousness and anger. He hated it when people interrogated him. “Why are you asking me so many damn questions?”

“Are you getting nervous?”

“Maybe,” He said and sat back down in the chair. “Get to the point.”

“Stop lying to Melanie,” Kelice stated.

“I’m-what are you talking about?” Justin shook his head and stared at Kelice. She held his gaze, challenging him to figure what she already had. “Get out.”

She smiled at his realization. “I can’t believe you told her that you’re a virgin!” She laughed. “You are far from being a virgin, Justin!”

“Get out!” He pointed to the door.

“The truth hurts huh? Don’t run from it, Justin,” She chided. “Why would you lie to her? I’m sure she could care less. You’re screwing yourself over, Justin. It’s obvious you’re attracted to her, but you can’t do anything because you’re a fucking “virgin”. That is the biggest crock of shit I have ever heard in my life,” She laughed.

“Shut up, Kelice. You wouldn’t understand okay? I was scared to tell her.”

“You didn’t have to tell her anything!” She yelled. “You could’ve just fucked her and gotten it over with!”

“Don’t you think I know that? You wouldn’t understand, okay?”

“I wouldn’t understand?” She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “I was the one who got pregnant, Justin! I was the one who had to give our baby up at 15 years old! But…okay, I wouldn’t understand.”

Justin stood up. “Look! I was trying to wait, I didn’t wanna just fuck her right then an- I just don’t trust myself anymore.”

“I can’t believe you’re still dwelling over something that happened 3 years ago, Justin.”

“A baby is a pretty big thing, Kelice.”

“I never said it wasn’t, but you need to move on. I miss it, but there’s nothing I can do anymore.” Kelice slid down off of the bed, and moved slowly to where he was. “Obviously, you’re not ready to move on if you’re lying to her.” She sat on his lap sideways and looked at him.

“Get off, of me now.”

“If I were you, I’d start treating me with some respect.” Kelice rubbed his arm softly. “Cause uh…once she finds out that you lied to her, she’s going to be upset. I think she’d be even more angry if I had to be the bearer of bad news.” She smirked and rose her eyebrows.

“You wouldn’t-“

“Yes, I would.”

“I don’t like seeing people lied to- it breaks my heart. She’s so cute too.”

“You’re such a bitch,” He said gravely and stared at her.

“I’m a what?” She asked mockingly and grabbed his chin when he didn’t answer her. “I’m a what?” She repeated, hoping he’d say it again.

“Nothing!” He yelled.

“Good.” Kelice leaned in and kissed his lips softly, but he didn’t kiss back. She then opened her eyes and rose her eyebrows. Justin gave in now, and kissed her back, eliciting a satisfied moan from Kelice’s mouth. “I missed that.” She smiled and Justin rolled his eyes.

She stood now, and straightened out her uniform. “So, my dad still wants to talk to you- see how you’re doing. How about you come over around eight?”

“Fuck you,” He hissed.

She cleared her throat. “According to Melanie, you haven’t fucked anyone, Justin,” She teased.

“Eight is perfect,” He said through gritted teeth.

“That’s what I thought.” Kelice then turned around, in route to the door. As she put back on her tennis shoes, she said, “Nice doing business with you…sweetie.”

The door closed now, and Justin closed his eyes slowly. He banged his hand on the desk and let out a curse. “Fuck.”

* * *
Fuck. Okay, so I lied. I’m not really a virgin; I was just trying to hold off. I should’ve just told Melanie that I didn’t want to have sex with her…right then. Shit, I told Victoria that I wanted to wait until I was comfortable. Why couldn’t I say that to Melanie? I just don’t trust myself when it comes to that. I got Kelice pregnant when I was 15 and the only people who knew were her mother, my dad, and JC.

My dad found out because he heard me telling JC about it. I had left the intercom in my room on, and he heard the whole conversation. That was the first time I hated living in such a big house that we used intercoms that were on the side of the wall to tell someone something. Fortunately, the whole house couldn’t hear me telling him. I only had the number 2 button pressed, meaning the only person that would hear me was whoever was in my parents room at the time…it happened to be my dad. That’s when our two-year battle began.

My mother, coincidentally, was never around when important things happened. She was always with my brothers, or at the store, buying them new things. I love my mother dearly, and my brothers and me are total mama’s boys. She flipped out when she found out I had my first kiss, and my first girlfriend. How do you think she’d handle knowing that her eldest, most mature son, was a pot-head and got his girlfriend pregnant?

My dad and I did all this sneaky shit behind her back. We really don’t deserve her. We’d made a deal- if he didn’t tell mom about the things I’d done, I wouldn’t say a word to her about what he’d been doing. But, here’s the catch- after a while, I started to tone it down. After Kelice had her abortion, she told me to stop drinking and smoking because she hated it. I ignored her for a little bit, and continued to screw myself at parties, but one day I kinda saw my life flash before my eyes. It was in English class and we had a guest speaker that was a cop. He showed us this video of teenagers who openly drank and smoked. In the video, they showed pictures of your liver and brain after excessive abuse. I almost puked watching it. So, I’d stopped for a little bit.

Basketball season came up, and I hadn’t been clean for that long. I tried out and made the team, but not completely. We had to take physicals and I told my dad to write a note to the nurse that I wouldn’t be attending school that day because of family reasons. The nurse kept calling my dad, telling him that I had to take the physical or else I wouldn’t be on the team. I was a Varsity player, and I made my dad talk to the coach. Coach Kemp knew me and how well I played, so he let me on the team. After I got back on the team, I didn’t smoke the whole season “ I kept my grades up too. I even had some people tutor me for a while just in case.

Bottom line is that I was a good kid on the outside, so no one questioned me. The only people who really knew how I was were my closest friends and my dad. My dad and I…we had a weird relationship. We didn’t like one another - that was a fact. But, we knew we’d both be in trouble if we didn’t do what the other one wanted. It’s actually quite funny how this whole thing turned out, though. I was the one who got screwed. I thought I had it all figured out- my mother would divorce him, get half of what he has. He’d have to pay child support and everything. It was a good plan, but it backfired. Mrs. Timberlake had decided to take a fucking ‘break’. Not a divorce- a break.
So now, I’m being blackmailed by my ex-girlfriend. Of course I could end this right now and tell Melanie the truth because I doubt she’ll care. We’re not even a couple. She doesn’t even know what she wants right now.

* * * *
Melanie,

Hey…it’s Victoria. I know I’m the last person you’d expected to be emailing you, but I have something really important to tell you. First of all, how have you been? I hope you’ve been fine. I don’t know where you’re at right now, but everyone’s talking about how ‘mysteriously’ you, Justin, and Damien were the only ones in our ‘clique’ that went out of town. There’s this big ole’ controversy that you’re in NY with Damien, but you’re planning on leaving early to go be with Justin. I don’t know, I think it’s messed up how rumors spread. Unfortunately, I’m emailing you about another rumor that I’m pretty sure is true. I just feel like you should know, because I know how it feels to have people talk about you behind your back.

Okay…Rebecca and I were at Wellington Park, and all the guys were out there playing basketball. We were headed to the bathroom and Nicole and Joya were in there- we heard them talking. Nicole was telling Joya how she and Damien had hooked up Junior year, and how they hooked up after Winter Formal. I don’t know if you already knew this, but if you did, I’m sure that you and Damien wouldn’t be as tight as you are as of now. One more thing, Nicole was complaining that she thinks it foul that Damien’s planning on marrying you, when he’d hooked up with her a couple of times.

~ Victoria



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki