Gray Dreams by Babymamma787


Number of reviews: 69
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Same Day

I’ve decided not to go to my dance class today because I’m too angry to dance. Usually, dancing is what calms me down, but today I know it won’t unless I’m doing freestyle. If I have to think and wonder about all the things that have happened to me this morning, and try to learn a routine, it will be hell on my damn brain. I just can’t handle all of that right now. Justin has been avoiding me all day- I haven’t talked to him since noon and it’s 3:00 now. He looked pretty pissed at about 1:00, but I don’t know what about. Like I said, he won’t talk to me. He hasn’t even taken a good look at me, and that’s highly unusual. It’s seriously driving me crazy cause I need someone to talk to.

JC is downstairs talking to Justin, and I would go down there and join in, but I don’t think they want me to. Justin was talking pretty low like he had some big ass secret he couldn’t tell me about, and JC gave me a ‘I-wanna-say-hi-but-I-can’t-right-now’ look when I went into the kitchen to get something to drink.

So, I’ve resorted to doing my hair. I’m taking out these cornrows and I’m about to press this shit. I don’t know, maybe flip the ends out or something. Maybe I should call mama. Yeah.

I dialed the number and it rang three times before I heard her voice. “Hey, mama.”

“Hey!” She drawled. “I didn’t think I’d be hearing from you until you got back.” She sounds a lot better, thankfully.

I’m still a little scared with leaving her there by herself though. “Yeah, I’m doing my hair and it reminded me of you.”

“Are you taking your braids out?” I told her yes. “Are you gonna put a weave in?”

“No, I don’t know where any beauty supplies are at to get hair, so I’m just gonna do a press and flip the ends out.”

“Why don’t you ask Justin?”

For a moment I thought she was joking, so I laughed. “Mama. Justin wouldn’t know where a beauty supply is at.”

“You never know. So what how have you been doing for the last 3 or four days?”

“I’ve been okay,” I said softly. “I could be better.”

“Are you and Justin together yet?” She urged.

Geeze! What the hell is up with everyone asking me that? “No, mama. He’s been avoiding me all day.”

“Put his ass on the phone then.”

Oh gosh. “No, mama. I don’t know why he’s avoiding me, so I can’t really be mad.”

“It don’t matter, girl! He’s avoiding you and that’s the point.”

Since when did she become Dr. Love? “Mama, just drop it okay? I’m sure it can’t be that bad.”

“Whateva. Guess what?”

She sounds like a little kid. “What?” I say, and slide some of the beads off the end of one of my braids.

“I met a man. His name is Tony.”

What! I stood up from my chair now. She can’t be serious! “You’re kidding.”

“No, I met him at the shop.”

Whew, that was a close one. I rolled my eyes. “Mama, he’s probably gay.”

“No, fool! He’s Trish’s brother. He is so fine, and we’re going to dinner tonight.”

“Why would you date your co-worker’s brother?” I spat.

“Girl, he came on to me. He walked his fine ass over to my station and started a conversation.”

I then began my slew of questions. “How old is he? Does he have a job?”

“He’s 40, and yes, he has a job. He’s a Real Estate agent. He’s taking me to the Pier.”

I want to be happy for my mother, I really do. But, if she gets serious with this guy, that means she’ll be spending less time with me. The woman already isn’t used to her medication and stuff, and what if something happens?

“Well, I hope you have a good night tonight, ma.” Mama made a noise, letting me know that she didn’t believe me. “I’m serious! I’m glad that this is happening for you, mama. At least one of us is having good luck with love.”

“What the hell did Damien do this time?” She said tiredly.

Damn, mama. “I don’t know. There are rumors going around though…really bad ones.”

“You and your damn high school games. I’ll be happy when you graduate, that’s for damn sure. From now on, I’m only going to tell you one thing when you and Damien have problems, or when you have problems with your little friends.”

“What’s that?”

“Get with Justin.”

“Mam-“

“Bye, Melanie.”

“Wait-“

“I’m hanging up….”

“No-“ She really just hung up on me. Well, that’s just great. I might as well just face it then.

* * * *
Melanie ventured out of the large guestroom now, and looked around. It was seemingly quiet upstairs, and she peeked in Justin’s room, only to find it empty. So, she tiptoed downstairs and turned left. As she neared the area where the kitchen and living room were, she began to hear people. Laugher consumed the lightly colored living room, where Justin, JC, Jared, Lance, Chris, and Joey sat. The guys looked up at her, smiled, and said their brief hellos before going back to their conversation. Deciding not to be ignored, Melanie walked behind the couch Justin was sitting at and leaned over it’s top.

“Can I talk to you in the kitchen?” She softly asked him.

Justin looked at her, first at her eyes, and realized that she wasn’t in that good of a mood. So, he got up slowly and followed his muse into their large kitchen. He then asked all the maids to clear out, before he and Melanie took at seat at the island.

“What’s up?” He asked, trying his best to sound nonchalant.

Melanie looked at the bowl of fake fruit that was situated in the middle of the island. “Um…I got an email from Victoria about Damien. She said that he cheated on me with Nicole,” She informed him, and got a surprising response from him.

He gave her a blank stare. “Who is Nicole?”

Melanie lowered her head and looked up at him- completing her disbelieving, sarcastic stare. “Nicole, Justin!” she whined, “What other Nicole could I be talking about? She’s the black girl that hangs out with Joya. She stands on my left side at games! Nicole, the senior!”

“Oh,” Justin stated simply. “Oh well.”

Melanie’s mouth dropped slightly. “Oh well?” She paused, “Oh well! That’s all you can say?”

He shrugged. “You knew he was cheating on you! What am I supposed to say, ‘oh Melanie, please don’t cry. You don’t need him, he’s an asshole and everything’s gonna be just fine’?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well, I’ve said that thousands of times, and it’s getting old. I sound like a broken record. But, if it makes you feel better…You don’t need him, and everything’s gonna be okay,” He rolled his eyes, “Is there anything else, cause I have rehearsal,” He said, showing her he was unimpressed.

“No-“

“Don’t you have dance class today? Don’t lie, cause I know you do and if I didn’t have a rehearsal starting in five minutes, I would drag your ass to your class. But, since your so ‘distraught’ over some lame guy, then I guess you can stay,” Justin sighed. “Do you wanna come watch the rehearsal?”

Melanie stared at him, still not believing he was talking to her the way he was. “I gu-“

“Are you mad?” He asked. “Cause if you’re mad because of what I said then I don’t know what to tell you. You need to get over it, seriously.”

Somewhat angry, Melanie left the kitchen and followed Justin outside, both of them walking silently. Justin said nothing, knowing no more that could’ve or should’ve been said, while Melanie said nothing simply because she knew that Justin had said everything she didn’t want to hear. A gardener walked past the two, politely smiling, and Melanie returned the man’s gesture. Justin, however, gave him an order.

“Tell Nancy or Joanne to meet me inside the garage.”

“Yes, sir,” the man said, and headed off in search of the subservient women Justin requested.

The two then passed the pool and Jacuzzi area where workers were scrubbing and cleaning out the pool. Everyone was busy at the Timberlake estate, for someone was always taking orders, cleaning, organizing, or stressing out because of the large amount of work that was given. Justin seemed to have no problem with getting back into the swing of things, though. As they got closer to the garage, the band members and people that were standing in front of the garage/shed became visible. About twenty people took up space in the large backyard. Some were standing around talking, while others were sitting in the gazebo or on the tables scattered about.

“Why are all these people here?” Melanie asked.

“They come to listen to us practice,” Justin explained, but didn’t turn and look at her.

“Why don’t they just wait until the show?”

“I don’t know, they just feel like dropping by after school I guess,” he turned around. “Do you have a problem with that?”

“I was just asking, Justin,” she rolled her eyes. “What is your problem today?”

Justin entered the garage and made his way to the piano. “I don’t have a problem.”

Melanie leaned on the piano and watched him finger the keys, warming himself up. “Yes, you do. You’ve been avoiding me all day and you got all buttered in the kitchen.”

Justin hit a chord angrily before glaring up at her. “I knew you’d get mad because of what I’d said,” he shook his head, “do I need to be next to you 24/7? Do I need to fall out when you find out that your sorry excuse for a boyfriend is cheating on you? You know how I feel about you Melanie, I tell you time and time again. If I don’t say it bluntly, I hint at it pretty damn obviously, so don’t act stupid.”

His ranting suddenly stopped and he began to play the piano deeply. Melanie just stared at him as he pretended as though nothing had just happened. His head lowered, bringing him closer to the piano’s keys and allowing his blue eyes to focus. Suddenly his long fingers began to play a classical piece that was heavy and powerful. It sounded like something from a horror movie. Melanie watched the person he’d transformed into bang on the ivory keys with such dramatized strokes.

The intensity of Justin’s piece died down now and drifted into a soft, light, high-pitched tune. The kind of tune that one would play if all was right in the world. Melanie looked up when she noticed Joey stepping up onto the elevated platform that was situated behind Justin’s piano. Joey sat down quietly behind the drum set and picked up his sticks, proceeding to twirl them fancily between his fingers. Justin’s piano playing now transformed into an upbeat soulful tune, and he adjusted the microphone situated in front of him. Melanie watched Jared stand in his position before picking up his gold saxophone and watching Justin. JC and Lance, who were standing next to each other, strapped their guitars to their shoulders and prepared to begin playing. JC adjusted the microphone stand in front of him, while Deanna sneaked in late and stood behind her keyboard that was sitting on a platform. She too adjusted her microphone that was perched on top of her keyboard and proceeded to turn on the keyboard.

Chris sat down behind a set of conga drums and beside a slew of percussion instruments. Justin, upon realizing that everyone was situated, he turned and nodded to Joey before counting him in. Now Justin’s evolving piano piece had a beat accompanying it. The beat elevated when Chris added his drums, giving the soulful tune a slight twinge of Caribbean. Deanna came in now, her keyboard set to the tune of strings, and ad-libbed with the boys. The strings drifted over everything else as JC came in with his electric guitar, and Lance following with his bass guitar. Jared added the final tune to the band’s musical piece by blowing a loud, sexy, tune from his alto saxophone. Justin smiled and nodded his head, enjoying the music for a moment.

Melanie grinned at the beautiful sound all of them managed to make. There was no denying it-all of them had talent and together, they were amazing. She was happy to be standing in the best spot in the garage-right next to Justin. Justin put his fist in the air now, signaling to the musicians that their piece was coming to an end. The pace of the music slowed down gradually and Deanna played the crescendo into the scale they always did before actually singing. The rest followed with her playing.

“La, la, la, la, la,” Justin sang differently than any ordinary scale done and Deanna and JC followed his example.
The music they made began to fade out now, and Justin turned to Melanie for her approval. “How was that?”

“Sounded fine to me,” she shrugged.

Justin looked at Melanie longingly for a while. Remorse played with him because of what he’d said to her earlier. He didn’t regret all of his words, but maybe he could’ve worded them a little bit better, he presumed. Nevertheless, they still needed to be heard. Just then, Kelice walked into the room and sat down next to Danielle before smiling at Justin, of course. The muscles in his arms tensed as he watched her interact with people, and he hated her for it. He’d come to the realization that he was somewhat jealous of her. She had what he’d given up. Not to mention, that he was still somewhat attracted to her. After all, she was far from ugly.

Melanie noticed him staring and said, “Why don’t you just tell her how you feel, Justin?”

“I don’t feel anything,” he denied, “Why don’t you tell me how you feel?”

Melanie stared at him. Even though instruments were being played and people were chatting amongst themselves freely, everything seemed as though it had frozen. She imagined that everyone in the room, except for herself, was staring at her, and she was making a huge decision. She’d come to the conclusion earlier that she did indeed have feelings for Justin and had wanted to tell him. He’s just a boy. It’s not a big deal, she reasoned constantly.

“I um,” she started and in her mind, people went back to normal again. “I don’t- I mean I do- No, I like-“

“Are you guys going to play another song?” Kelice came up behind Melanie now, interrupting her statement.

Tearing his eyes away from Melanie caused him to stutter. “Y-yeah-yeah, we will.”

Kelice put her hand on Melanie’s shoulder. “Have you contacted Darrin or Hi-Hat yet?”

“Who?” Justin interjected.

“Oh,” she shrugged nonchalantly, “just some famous choreographers I hooked Melanie up with.”

Melanie shook her head. “I haven’t called them yet. You barely gave me their cards this morning.”

“I know, but you should just make sure you do it, okay?” Kelice persisted, “it would be dumb to miss an opportunity like this.”

Justin, not paying anymore attention to Kelice as she continued to ramble, kept his eyes transfixed on Melanie. Curiosity peeked his senses, wondering what she was going to say before Kelice interrupted them. He figured she’d come over just to butt into the conversation. Deciding not to let that happen, he turned and told Deanna to take over for a little bit, and turned back to the females in front of him.

He put up his hand. “Kelice,” he said, “Melanie and I will be right back.”

Away from the dim lighting of the lighting of the garage, Melanie and Justin had reached the outdoors. The sun’s bright rays shown luminously in the sky, causing Melanie to squint her eyes, and Justin to put on his sunglasses. Justin motioned for Melanie to sit next to him at a table that was away from everyone else. She did so and looked at him blankly as he sat next to her.

Arms touching because of the lack of space between them, Justin turned his head and looked at her. “You never finished your sentence,” he paused, “I’d like to know what you were gonna say.”

Melanie pondered shortly. “You know how you’re so used to one way of living, and then all of a sudden when that changes, it just screws you up?”

Justin scoffed and looked over the hilltop. “I know exactly what that’s like…hello?”

Melanie laughed at her brief forgetfulness. “Well I’m not talking about environmentally so much, Justin. I’m talking about emotionally.”

“Okay,” he urged for her to continue.

She looked down at her hands, and fiddled with them. “When you came to Chicago, I was kind of…I don’t know.”

“Shocked?”

“No, curious I guess. I wanted to know who you were, and what you were about.”

“But, you’re popular, so isn’t that like your job?” He smiled, knowing where she was going with her story.

“Justin, I like you okay?” She stopped trying to beat around the bush.

Justin put his arm around her shoulder. “Aww, I like you too. You’re cool people, man.”

“No!” She looked at him; “I like you. As in having feelings for you.”

Justin looked forward, his face showing no emotion. “Oh, I know.”

Melanie shoved him and laughed. “What do you mean?”

“You’re so transparent.” He laughed, “But in a cute way.”

“Well…”

“Let’s get back to how you first saw me and fell in love. Then, we can discuss how you loved my ball playing, and how much you wanted to see me naked. Then, we can talk about how you write my name all over your notebooks and daydream about me.” He smiled and pulled her close to him.

“Justin, none of that happened.”

“Well we can pretend.”

Melanie laughed out loud. “Whatever,” her laughing ceased, “Do you still have feelings for Kelice?”

“I don’t know. I still think she’s pretty-I guess. I don’t wanna get back with her or anything though,” he explained.

“Well, if that’s the case, “ she trailed off and Justin smiled.

“Then what?”

Melanie shrugged and laughed. “I don’t know.” She turned her head in the other direction, hiding her blush. Justin turned her so that she would face him, and kissed her sweetly. He rubbed her cheek softly and grinned when they pulled apart.

“So are you and Damien done?” Justin asked her quietly.

“Yeah, I’m going to call him later. I don’t really wanna do it over the phone, but it needs to be done,” she shook her head and put her hands in Justin’s. “I’m so tired of looking stupid.”

“Well now you can start all over.”

Melanie smiled at him, her body refilled with relief. It had finally come to her loud and clear, that Justin was the one she needed and the one she wanted as well. He was the one who was behind her, and there pushing her along.

Justin’s eyes sparked, and his eyebrows rose. “Guess what,” he beamed. When Melanie nodded her head, he continued. “My agent left me a voicemail-“

“When did you get an agent? Mama told me you had one, but you never told me,” Melanie said.

“Oh, about a month ago-nothing big. But anyway, he left me a voicemail telling me that I needed head shots or something like that. I called him back and told him that I wanted to find someone for you too.”

“Someone to take my pictures?” A smile was already coming to her face.

“Possibly an agent too…if that’s okay with you. I didn’t wanna just-“

She silenced him with a quick kiss to the lips. Slowly she pulled away from him, and opened her eyes just the same. “That’s perfect,” she squealed. “You are the best.”

“I try,” Justin chuckled.

*
So Melanie and I are…you know. We’re not together exclusively, but we’re certainly not far from being a real couple. She kisses me out of nowhere now! That’s something a girlfriend would do to her boyfriend. I’m not saying I don’t like it though, believe me I love it. It was just 2 hours ago before we had our little chat. Just hearing her say how she really felt about me, made me ecstatic because it’s the one thing I’ve been wanting her to say for the longest time. What could go wrong? A lot of things, actually.

After practice, Kelice reminded me that I was to be at her house at eight. Her dad and I are supposed to be having dinner. What am I going to tell Melanie? Do I lie to her? No, I shouldn’t do that…I’m lying to her right now. I lie too much. I need to figure out a way to tell Melanie that I’m not a virgin. Should I tell her before we actually get together, or just do one of those ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ things?

My dad is coming home tonight, sometime soon. He called an hour ago while Melanie was taking out my braids. My hair is just…wow. I’m cutting it all off. I need to, but Melanie doesn’t want me too, so I guess I’ll let it stay for a little while longer.

“Justin!” I heard Melanie call.

I walked out of my room and across the hall before I entered hers. When I opened the door, I noticed her lying on the bed, looking at the TV. All she does is watch TV. Surprisingly, she has it on ESPN…and Calumet is on.

“They’re doing a special on the highest ranking High school basketball teams,” She said before I asked.

“What did they say about us?”

“We’re ranked number 5 in the Mid West. They said that you and Damien will probably get an ass-load of scholarships because y’all are big ballin’.”

“They said it just like that?” I laughed.

Melanie smacked her teeth. “You know what I mean.”

I lied down on Melanie’s body now, squishing her. She’s so tiny now, she’s lost a lot of weight, and I like messing with her about it. She began to grunt and wiggle under me as she told me to get off of her. She knows she likes it. I don’t know why she tries to act like she doesn’t. Man, she has a fat ass. Just lying on her like this, made me notice. My body is practically arched because her ass sticks out so far. Geeze. What I would give to tap that. I can, ya know. It’s not like I don’t know how to use it anymore. I’m just scared that something will happen-scared that I’ll get another girl knocked up.

“Are we doing anything special tonight?” She mumbled.

I feel bad already. “I have a meeting tonight.”

“With who? Someone important?”

“Yes, someone I’m pretty close with. I shouldn’t last that long though, and I’ll probably be home around ten.”

“I can’t know their name?”

“Kevin,” I said. See? I’m not completely lying! Kevin is Kelice’s dad, and I’m pretty close with him…he and my dad are pals, and play golf all the time.

“Okay, so what am I gonna do?”

What is she gonna do? “My dad’s coming home tonight,” No, bad idea Justin. “I’m only going to be down the street for like 2 hours.”

She sighed, “Okay.”

* * * * *
Justin stood nervously on the doorstep of the mansion that Kelice resided in. The crickets chirped in the quiet darkness, and soft ocean breezes flew by. He shoved his hands in his pockets and exhaled before rocking back and forth on his heels. Upon waiting on someone to answer the door, his piercing eyes darted around the deserted premises. A butler came to the door and greeted him courteously. Justin nodded his head at the skinny man and walked into the lavish house slowly.

He looked around before finding the living room. It looked extremely different, for the last time he saw it, it was occupied with people dancing and drinking. Cautiously, he took a seat on the couch and rubbed his palms on his thighs. He turned his head when he heard the clicking of heals on the hardwood floor. The person walked slowly, he distinguished, and so he turned his head further to get a better look. There was Kelice in a red, lace mini-dress. Justin froze and looked at the clingy lace that stopped very high up her thighs.

Red flashing lights flashed in his mind and he stood up quickly. His mouth dropped as if he were going to say something, but words couldn’t come out. Kelice smirked at his lack of words and walked closer to him, gaining satisfaction when she noticed his breathing become jagged.

“Only 10 minutes late, sweetie,” She said softly and looked up at him.

“Where’s your dad?” Justin demanded.

She scoffed and shook her head slowly before walking closer to him until she was right under his nose. “He and my mom are on vacation…in Florida.”

Justin exhaled roughly with frustration and shook his head quickly. “I can’t believe this!” He whined and walked around her.

Kelice grabbed his hand. “I haven’t even done anything.”

“Yet.”

She laughed and pulled him toward her. “I just thought we could spend some quality time together. Without the dancing queen.”

He pulled his arm away from hers. “So that’s why you hooked her up with big choreographers? So she wouldn’t have time for me?”

“You always were a quick learner, Justin.”

“When are you going to learn that I don’t want you?” He sneered.

Kelice stepped back, a hurt expression on her face. Standing there motionless for a moment, she looked off into space. She knew Justin still wanted her, she just need to make him see it for himself. “Fine. At least let me get you a drink?”

“I don’t drink anymore.” Justin declined and headed for the door.

She ran after him, cautious of falling in her heels that matched her lingerie. “I didn’t mean alcohol, Justin. Why are you so defensive? Why can’t we just catch up on old things?”

“With you dressed in something that barely covers your ass? I don’t think so. Maybe some other time.”

“You’re right. There’ll be many more times when Melanie finds out about us. Have you told her yet?”

“No,” Justin said gravely and walked back into the living room. Relentlessly he plopped down onto the couch and sighed. “I’m going to tell her though.”

Kelice walked into the kitchen that was connected to the living room. “Sure, Justin.”

“I’m serious!” He called.

Kelice walked back into the living room with a Smirnoff in her hand, and handed it to Justin. “5 % alcohol.”

“You don’t have orange juice or anything?”

“That’s boring.” Kelice scooted next to him on the couch and got comfortable, no matter how much Justin didn’t want her to.

Justin reluctantly took the open bottle and took a swig. “Would you really tell Melanie that I got you pregnant?”

Kelice shrugged. “Depends on how much you piss me off. I don’t get pissed off easily, Justin.”

“Until you don’t get what you want,” he finished.

“Exactly,” she smiled and turned her body toward him. “I was playing tennis today at school, and I think I might’ve hurt one of my shoulders. Can you massage it please?” She then turned around and waited to feel his large hands.

Justin hesitated for a second, but proceeded to massage her shoulders nonetheless. It was just a massage and no harm could be done, he presumed. Kelice lifted her hair and twisted it into a bun to allow Justin access to her neck. He slowly rubbed his hands over her soft skin, making sure he got every spot that could’ve been hurting. Kelice then slid her straps down her shoulders and lowered her head, causing Justin to stop briefly and question just what it was he was going to get himself into.

A soft but yearning moan elicited from her lips and she rolled her neck as well as her eyes. Justin took a deep breath trying to fight his own urges and when she told him to go lower, he did. As his hands trailed lower down her back, Kelice grabbed them and wrapped them around her waist. She then opened his palms and moved them up to her breasts. Justin exhaled longingly and kissed her neck. She brought up her hand to the side of Justin’s head and massaged his unruly curls. Justin’s had now moved down her body and to her inner thigh, before she left his grasp and turned to face him.

“Want a condom?”

Justin looked at her for his last minute of contemplation. Not knowing whether to be good and walk away from the situation, or to give in to his temptations. Justin ran a hand through his hair and looked down at the couch he was sitting on. He and Melanie’s conversation and flirtation throughout the day replayed throughout his mind and he wondered how she would feel. After all, they weren’t together. She probably wouldn’t be strong and break up with Damien, anyway, Justin presumed.

“Yeah…let’s go upstairs.”

* *


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki