Gray Dreams by Babymamma787


Number of reviews: 69
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


“Deanna is so talented, Justin!” Melanie beamed as she entered the house.

“Taught her everything she knows,” he boasted.

“Yeah right,” Melanie rolled her eyes.

Justin grabbed her waist and pulled her close to him. “Did so, woman.” He leaned in, kissed her, and grinned when he pulled away.

Melanie pushed off of him and trotted up the stairs, “I’m gonna go pack.”

Justin followed her, but went into his own room. He sighed and kicked off his shoes. He walked to his dresser, picked up the remote, and turned on the TV.

“Just in time for Dr. Phil,” he said to himself. He shrugged off his jacket and laid it on the bed, walking past the small note that was left for him. He went into his closet, pulled out his suitcase, and sat it at the foot of the bed. He picked up his jacket and frowned when a little piece of paper fell into his suitcase.

Eyebrows furrowed, he read it. “What the hell?”

“JUSTIN!” He heard Melanie yell and everything hit him like a ton of bricks. Slowly, he gulped and his palms began to sweat. Tommy Girl perfume tickled his nose and he became disgusted as it felt like Kelice was there watching everything unfold.

It was with trepidation that he walked down the hallway. Before he entered the room, he saw her standing there, staring at the papers in her hands.

“Yes?” He said quietly.

Melanie threw the pregnancy test at him and it would’ve hit him right in the middle of his forehead if he hadn’t of moved.

“What the fuck is this, Justin?” She yelled.

“Baby, I can-“

“No! Don’t ‘baby’ me! You had one, Justin! Then you killed it!”

Justin sighed deeply and ran his hand over his face. He let it creep into his curls to buy him more time to figure out what he’d wanted to say next.

“Can you let me explain?”

“I don’t think I want to,” she said gravely, “every time I let you ‘explain’ you lie!” Tears formed in her eyes and Justin walked over to comfort her, but she pushed him away. “No! Why are you doing this to me, Justin?” She wiped her tears.
Justin wrapped his arms around her again, this time successfully, and sat her down on the bed. She laid her head on his chest, only because he was there, and he rubbed her back soothingly because that was all he could do.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered, “I’m so sorry. I didn’t want to hurt you, Melanie. I didn’t think it would end up like this.”

Melanie looked up at him, “How did you want it to end up? Did you plan on lying to me forever?”

Justin, confused, shook his head. “I don’t know. I just didn’t want it to be like this.”

“Justin, you were 15 when you signed these papers,” Melanie said.

“I know. I used a condom-I swear. I just wasn’t smart and used one that had been in my wallet for a while.”

“When did you start having sex?”

“When I was 14,” Justin said.

“Why did you lie to me, Justin?” Melanie sat up and sniffled, “I want the truth.”

“Because I was ashamed. I thought you wouldn’t be interested.”

Melanie chuckled, “I was interested the first day I saw you, Justin. Sweetie, I care about you. You don’t need to lie to me. That was your past, Justin damn. I don’t see you knocking girls up anymore, so I don’t care. Just be truthful with me, man.”

“I’m sorry,” was all he could say.

Melanie grabbed his hand, “That must’ve been hard.”

“Hell yeah. My mom still doesn’t even know.”

“Shut up.”

“Real shit. It’s been between my dad and me. That’s why we got on each other’s nerves so much. If he didn’t tell my business, I wouldn’t tell his.”

“But, didn’t you tell your mom he was unfaithful? So, wouldn’t he have told her everything?” Melanie asked.

“That’s what I thought. My mom was gone just as much as he was,” Justin laid back on the bed and she followed him. “She was always at my brothers’ schools, shopping, going to every single one of their football and baseball games. She still made time for most of my basketball games too. But anyway, when I got Kelice pregnant we were at her house. She had just come back to California after being gone for about a week. Her parents were gone, they went to some charity thing…and we just did it. When we got to her room, there were no condoms in the drawer,” Justin explained, “so I used the one in my wallet.”

“How long was that condom in your wallet?”

“It happened around February and I’d had that since like November,” Justin said sheepishly, “Something like that. But yeah, she was late. She told me, and she went and bought a pregnancy test. She told me she was pregnant at school of all places.” Melanie laughed. “She wrote me a freaking note during Biology.”

“Wow. What was that like?”

“Okay, SuChin Pak,” he joked and Melanie slapped his arm. “I’m just playin’.”

“I’m curious!”

“Yeah, I cursed out loud then everyone around me was trying to look at the paper. I had a game that night, and barely scored any points. The coach pulled me out for pretty much a whole quarter.”

“That bad?”

“Yeah. I went home and threw up. My dad was off early, he thought I was throwing up because I was high. He found out about Kelice when she called me that night, he picked up the phone while we were talking,” Justin shook his head, “he didn’t say anything about it to me for a good week. Then one day at the dinner table, he was like, ‘So Justin how’s the baby?’”

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah, I spit out my food. My mom was getting all scared and I told her that it was for Psychology- that we were doing this project.”

“Those ones where you have to carry those fake babies?”

“Yeah. That kept her quiet- my dad didn’t say anything else.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Okay, so Justin used to have a child…three years ago. I’m over it- I’m not for abortion, but things would’ve been cool if he wouldn’t have tried to hide it. I wonder if his friends know. Probably Deanna and JC, but I’m not gonna go asking them about it. I can kinda see why he would be afraid to tell me, though. I like him too much right now to let something he did with some whore in the past mess things up.

We talked for hours until he fell asleep. I couldn’t sleep; I’m too excited for some reason. For the first time, I feel like I know Justin. Before, he’d tell me interesting things but I knew there was always more and maybe there still is, but I feel closer to him. He is so funny. He says the weirdest things sometimes. We’re together now. He told me he wasn’t going to ask me to be his girlfriend because he’d feel stupid. I guess he feels weird saying, ‘Uh would you go out with me?’. He said he’d rather just assume. At the recital, he had already introduced me to a couple of people as his girlfriend, anyway. That’s fine with me- we’ve been flirting for awhile so there’s no need to ask when he knows what I’d say.

Justin jumped and his blue eyes darted open quickly. His curly head moved back and forth as he looked for a clock. “What time is it?” He asked with a paranoid ring.

“Justin, calm down,” I laughed. “You still have an hour.”

“Oh,” he let his muscles relax and laid his head on my stomach. “Baby,”

“What?”

I felt him snicker, “Just checking to see if you’d answer.”

“You’re a dork,” I laughed.

“But, you like my dorkiness,” He looked up at me with a glimmer in his eyes. I’m not gonna lie, I do.

I ruffled the curls on his head, “We should be packing.”

“I’ll have someone do it for us.”

“I don’t want people going through my stuff!” Especially people I don’t know.

“Fine. Will you be done packing in an hour?”

“No.”

“Alright then, shut up,” he laughed.

“Hey! You shut up.” That’s what I like about our relationship. We tell each other to shut the hell up and don’t get offended.

The doorbell rang and a couple minutes later, Deanna’s voice was echoing through the large house. “J-man! C’mon! Let’s go, dude!”

Justin grunted and I laughed, “Why does she have to come in all loud?”

“She’s black.”

Justin laughed and we got off the bed. I walked behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. We hobbled down the stairs and met Deanna.

Deanna asked, “Has JC gotten here yet?”

“I don’t know!” Justin said with an attitude. He sounded like a black person right there. You know how we say it? Like…Nevermind.

“Uh uh! Uh uh! Pump those breaks, homeboy. I don’t need your attitude,” Deanna waved her hand.

“I just woke up, what do you expect?”

Deanna turned to me, “Did he really just get up?”

“Yeah,” I said and smiled.

“Thank you baby,” Justin said.

“Whatever,” Deanna rolled her eyes. “JC said he was gonna meet me here, y’all.”

We walked outside to the backyard, headed in the direction of the garage. “Well, obviously he ain’t here!” Justin whined and smiled because he knew he was pissing Deanna off. “I’m tired of you and JC’s mushy shit.”

Deanna squinted her eyes, “You know what Justin?”

“No, I don’t know him, wanna introduce us?”

“Justin…shut up.” She groaned.

“I love you, Deanna.”

“MMhhhm.”

We walked inside the garage and Justin turned on the lights. Deanna sat behind the keyboard and began to fiddle. I sat down on the leather couch and laid across it. I watched Justin sit down behind the piano and begin to warm up his fingers. He’s so beautiful. He began to beat box quietly with the notes he played on the piano. I didn’t know he beat boxed!

“Justin, you can beat box?”

He stopped playing, “Yeah, I thought you knew. Jerome and me would always be in the back of the bus messing around with beats and stuff. He’d do the rhyming with Sammy and then me and Mike would do the beat.”

Deanna joined in, “Wait. You hang out with black people?”

I laughed, “Yeah.”

“Duh, Deanna,” Justin rolled his eyes, “Where have you been? Do you not listen when we’re on the phone?”

“I try not to,” she replied and laughed.

“Fine! I won’t call you anymore- wastin’ my damn minutes.”

“You dumb ass. You call me after 9!”

That shut Justin up and sent him back to playing the piano. They’re funny together. Just then, the door opened and in walked Jerome and Kelly. Marlena walked in a little bit later, as did JC, Joey, and Danielle. It wasn’t too long before the whole band was there, and the friends of the band were seated. The show was going to start in about a half-hour and they started doing their warm up. After they finished, JC took the mic and discussed the order of the show. Justin was going last. Randall walked in, still decked out in his suit from work, and I scooted closer to Danielle so that he’d have room to sit on the couch.

“Am I early?” He asked quietly.

“Yeah,” I nodded. People were just starting to file in. Chris walked over and slid the door open all the way so that the people outside could see. I stood up to go get something out of the mini refrigerator and caught Kelice’s eye. The stupid bitch had the nerve to wave. I should go up to her and tell her I’m pregnant, and see what she says. Justin called me and asked me to get him a water, so I did and walked over to the piano.

“Here,” I smiled.

“Thanks,” he took a deep breath, “I’m nervous.”

“Why? You’ve done this before,” I don’t want him to be nervous.

“But, not in front of you- I don’t want you to think I suck”

“Boy, I know you don’t suck. If you did, y’all wouldn’t be this popular.”

Justin puckered his lips for me to give him a kiss, and I did. We kissed over and over until Lance cleared his throat loudly.

“Got somethin’ in your throat, Lancey?” Justin asked. I laughed. “I’ll see you after the show, babe.”

I kissed him again and walked back to my seat. He’s such a good kisser. Kelice is dumb for giving him up. Speaking of that bitch, she somehow moved and got a seat inside the garage. She’s next to Kelly on one of the stools in the corner, and she keeps smiling at me. Talk about two-faced. Justin started playing a slow tune on the piano that the band joined in with. He welcomed everybody and we all cheered. The show began and JC sang two songs- ‘This Love’ by Maroon 5 and a song he wrote, ‘Right Here’. Deanna came next and sang two songs as well, ‘Everything’ by FeFe Dobson and ‘Impossible’ by Christina Aguilera. Justin played the drums for ‘Everything’ and the piano for ‘Impossible’. She has an amazing voice. They all do, but she’s just a thrill to listen to.

Justin waited for everyone to quiet down a bit before he addressed everyone in the room. “How y’all doin’?” People gave a positive applause and he, Deanna, and JC sat on stools. “I hope you guys are having fun- I know I am. It’s good to be back, man. Unfortunately, I’m leaving today but it was cool seeing everyone again. Anyway, this next song is by Musiq Soulchild, one of my favorite artists, and it’s called ‘Who Knows’. It’s dedicated to my girl-you know who you are.”

He winked at me. I hope I’m not blushing too badly. Strings on the guitar played suddenly and Justin, Deanna, and JC were letting out airy falsetto. In the background, Jared began to play the saxophone, this time joined by two other guys with a trombone and a trumpet. Justin really gets into his singing…facial expressions an all.

They came to the bridge. I looked around and everyone’s eyes are practically glued to the scene in front of them. I've heard this song before- I wonder if Justin is going to hit those notes. Those are pretty high- it’s like practically wailing. Oh my gosh. He’s doing it- I think I’m going to cry. He stood up from the stool he was seated on and walked to the front, right behind the mic stand. He put the mic in the holder and continued to sing his heart out and using the stand as his prop. Every finger wiggle, squinted eye, stiff rock back and forth, and back bend was perfect. All eyes were on him. Justin finished the song perfectly it seemed and everyone stood up. His eyes, which were closed, opened slowly and he said a quiet ‘thank you’. I looked at Randall- he’s shocked. His eyes are just wide and he’s just staring at his son. Justin always told me that Randall wanted him to do basketball more than anything because he’d thought Justin would be more successful. I wonder if he even knew Justin had such a good set of chords.

“Okay,” Justin said into the microphone, “This is the last song we’re gonna sing. The show is shorter than usual, I know, but I have a plane to catch. Oh yeah, the after party is at JC’s house,” he cleared his throat, “This next song is by Brian McKnight. It’s called ‘The Biggest Part Of Me’.”

The show soon ended, unfortunately. I’d sit there all night and listen to them make music if I could- it’s just that good. They could seriously go places with their talent. It’s weird because I remember walking in there sometimes when they were practicing and they seemed like they were just messing around-but, they sound like they’ve been working their asses off at practices. I guess they’re just that good.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Melanie and Justin rolled their suitcases out of his large house and put them in the trunk of the limo that was waiting for them. They were both silent, sad to leave, a little excited to head back to Chicago. Justin cried saying goodbye to his closest friends, and Melanie cried just watching them interact. As Justin put the last bag in the trunk, Randall caught his attention. The tall man walked as quickly as possible to him, and hugged him whole-heartedly.

Once they pulled away, Randall spoke. “I shipped your mother’s car. It should be there in a few days.”

“Okay,” Justin said quietly, “Are you gonna come visit?”

“I have to see if I can leave work, but I’ll try. Give your mom and brothers a kiss for me okay?”

“Yeah.”

Randall turned to Melanie and gave her a hug as well. “It was nice meeting you,” he said.

“You too, Mr. Timberlake.”

The driver opened the door, and Melanie slid into the black stretch limo. Justin was about to get in, but a BMW came to a screeching halt right behind the limo. His eyes squinted, noticing the driver. Kelice stepped out the car and walked up to Justin.

“What do you want?” Justin groaned, “you’ve already caused enough trouble.”

“I just wanted to say goodbye,” Kelice said sadly.

“Well, bye. Don’t think you’re gonna get some big ol’ dramatic thing. You didn’t say bye to me the first time I left.”

“That’s because I was sad,” she said softly.

Melanie slid over and poked her head out, “Go home, bitch.”

“Excuse me, no one was talking to you!” Kelice shouted

“Well, I’m talking to you! Go home. You’re wasting our time.”

Justin looked at her, “Just leave okay?”

“Don’t forget about me, Justin,” Kelice said melodramatically.
Justin just laughed and entered the limo.

PT. 2
Monday Morning 6:30 AM

Banging sounded on the door, and Justin’s eyes jerked open. It was barely visible in the small room and he looked around, trying his best to decipher one thing from another. He saw a little boy get out of the bed on the other side of the room and rolled over. Justin kept rolling, thinking there was a lot more mattress than the amount let on, but there wasn’t. He hit the floor with a big thud and grunted loudly. The little boy laughed in his face.

“Stupid,” the boy said. It was his brother, Justin could tell by the sound of his voice.

Justin groaned again and rubbed his eyes. Steven flicked on the light and Justin squinted before rolling onto his stomach. He opened his eyes again and looked around the small room. There was no rug that looked like a Siberian Tiger, no silk sheets, no walk in closet, and no huge bathroom connected to the room. His head was at the bottom of his dresser and to the left of his body were all his clothes. Slowly, he stood to his feet and scratched his butt, noticing that the bright California sun was not shining. It was gray outside, it looked like it was going to rain.

Lynn stood in the doorway of his room, “Hurry and get ready to go to school. You can have the truck this week. I need you to take the boys to school- I have to be at work early today, but I’ll pick them up.”

Everything she had said sounded like a different language. It wasn’t the soothing voice of his maid. She wasn’t laying out his clothes for the day. He had to iron his uniform. He had to make his bed. He had to get something to eat.

“Justin, did you hear what I said?” Lynn asked.

Justin mutely nodded his head and scratched it.

“Get a haircut, it’s starting to look too bushy,” his mother said and left the room. Soon, the sound of the door shutting came and his mother was off to work.

Jonathan came running into Justin’s room with his underwear twisted and his shirt on backwards, “Brother, you’re back!”

“Yeah,” Justin replied lowly.

“I missed you!”

“I missed you too, man, but I need you to get dressed so we can go okay?”

“Okay!” Jonathan ran out the room.

^^^ ^^^
Justin parked next to Melanie’s Expedition at 7:50 and smiled knowing that he could walk right in school and do whatever he wanted to her because she was his and he was hers. With his spirits a little lifted since the early morning, he hummed as he stepped out of his truck, bag on his back. He walked through the red doors at the front of the school, up the stairs, and to the hallway his locker was in. He was greeted with familiar faces, extremely different from the ones in California. Suddenly, arms wrapped around his waist and he could feel boobs on his back. He smiled and wiggled around to face Melanie.

“Hey baby,” he drawled and she smiled up and him. He kissed her on the lips shortly and smiled at her again. “Long time no see.”

Melanie laughed and put her back against a locker. “I so don’t wanna be here right now, J.”

Justin pulled books out, “I know, babe. I fell out the bed this morning.”

“Really?” Melanie became excited, “I did too!”

His mouth dropped as he took his binder in his hand. “Shut up!”

“I swear! I thought I was still in that big ass bed!” She laughed and grabbed Justin’s hand. The two walked hand in hand through the hallways, ignoring the looks they were getting. Looks of curiosity and confusion mostly, but looks nonetheless. Melanie turned and looked at Justin, “People are really up in the grill.”

“I know, dude,” he gasped and caught himself.

“Yeah, you need to loose that accent,” Melanie giggled.

“I mean…dog,” Justin laughed, “F it dude.”

The two made it to Melanie’s locker and Justin stood directly behind her. She smirked when she felt him push against her and saw his hands go on the lockers right next to hers, keeping her in his space. Something had come over her, she reckoned. She wasn’t paying attention to anyone else except for Justin. As she pulled out her duffel bag, the bell rang so she turned around, but was met with Justin’s lips. She grinned as he kissed her and kissed him back. Melanie moaned lightly when their long kiss broke down to little short ones. When they pulled apart, she bit her lip and played with the button on Justin’s shirt.

“I’ll see you second period,” she said softly.

“Yeah,” Justin licked his lips and looked his girlfriend up and down. Clearly his mind was elsewhere.

Melanie shook her head and walked under his arms and toward her dance class. Justin sighed, happy, and walked the opposite direction to his Economics class. Sighing, he continued to walk and occasionally stopped to look at the bulletin boards. Under the ‘welcome back’ sign, there was a sheet with scheduled basketball practices.

“6:45 in the morning?” Justin whined. “And after school…crap.”

“Yeah,” Samuel came up behind Justin “Coach always does that, morning and afternoon practices, during finals.”

“He’s crazy,” Justin said and continued to walk down the hall with Samuel.

“That tan you got is crazy, dog,” Samuel chuckled as they entered the classroom.

Justin looked down at his arms that were about two shades darker than normal, “Don’t hate.”

“I ain’t hatin’. You did a good job, but you ain’t milk anymore.”

“I know. I’m caramel frappucino,” Justin joked.

Samuel threw his head back and laughed.

*
Melanie entered the locker room and it was filled with the sounds of girls talking animatedly as usual. Without saying a word, she went straight to her locker, opened it, and threw her bag inside. She saw Chasity sluggishly walk into the locker room and she smiled at her. However, Chasity didn’t give her usual bubbly smile- it was a sloppy grin.

“What’s wrong, Chasity?” Melanie asked

“Period.”

Melanie winced and rubbed Chasity’s back soothingly. Nicole and Joya, two girls Melanie had come to hate, walked around to the side of the locker room where Melanie was changing. She looked up at them, silent.

“Do we have practice after school?” Nicole hissed.

“We? You do know that when you say the word ‘we’ that it implies that you have some affiliation to what you’re talking about,” Melanie replied and sat to lace up her new dance sneakers she’d gotten in LA.

“Duh,” Joya said and rolled her eyes, “If she didn’t know that she wouldn’t have asked.”

Chasity groaned, “Joya go suck a dick or something. Nobody was talking to you.”

“What the fuck? Bitch I’ll knock your ass out! Don’t you ever say shit to me like that again, ho!”

Chasity slammed her locker and the room fell quiet for everyone had begun to look at the unfolding scene. Chasity stepped closer to Joya, “I’ll talk to you however I damn well please.”

Melanie pulled Chasity back, “It ain’t worth it, it ain’t worth it.”

Nicole rolled her eyes, “So back to my question…”

“Yes, practice is after school. We start morning practices tomorrow at 6:45.”

“Melanie!” Chasity whined, “They turned in their uniforms- they’re not on the team anymore.”

“We changed our minds,” Joya said.

“You can’t change your mind!” Chasity yelled.

“Chasity shove that shit. We can do whatever the hell we please cause y’all ain’t the boss anymore. Coach Freeman is. So, I’d appreciate it if you gave us back our stuff at practice,” Nicole ordered and walked away.

Once Melanie had finished changing, she and Chasity walked out of the locker room and into the gym, where they were having their dance class. Victoria was waiting for them at the door and smiled when she saw Melanie.

“Hey,” Melanie said, “Thanks for what you did.”

“No problem,” Victoria said quietly, “I’ve been working with the girls over break.”

“I heard.”

“Yeah, they’re making progress, so practice should be a little bit easier on you,” Victoria bit her lip, unsure if she should say what she wanted, but she did anyway, “Are you and Justin going out?”

Chasity answered for Melanie, “Yes, and anyone who has a problem with it can kiss my ass after they’re done kissing Melanie and Justin’s.”

* * * **
Second Period

“Ms. Thomas you are late…again. I thought with you having a break and all, you’d begin to come to my class on time,” Her Spanish teacher scolded.

“Sorry,” Melanie lied and sat down in her seat across from Justin.

Jerome turned slightly to say hi to her and Justin shook his head, pretending to be Mr. Gonzalez. Melanie giggled as the teacher made his way to the front of the classroom.

“Okay,” he smiled and clasped his hands together, “Are you guys excited to be back at school?” He received a low groan from his students, but he continued to talk nonetheless. “Since it’s your first day back, I’m going to go easy on you guys.” The class gave a relieved vibe. “I won’t talk in Spanish today…I’m just going to give you a pop quiz-“

“What?” Justin snapped loudly.

Melanie and Jerome laughed, knowing how much Justin’s grades meant to him and the thought of him failing like everyone else would tickle them.

Mr. Gonzalez chuckled as everyone proceeded to get out paper except for Justin. “That’s right Mr. Timberlake, pop quiz- get out a paper.”

Jerome turned around and handed him a fresh piece with a mocking smile and handed him a pen. “Get to work, mi tan amigo.”

Justin squinted his eyes at him and snatched the paper. “How much is this going to affect our grade?”

“However much I want it to,” Mr. Gonzalez said shortly and wrote the instructions on the board.

“And how much is that?”

“Justin,” Melanie whispered and when he looked at her she shook her head to tell him to stop worrying.

Justin sighed and shook his head. Reluctantly, he began to write his name on his paper. “This is bullshit,” he mumbled loud enough for the people around him to hear- and Mr. Gonzalez.

Jerome cracked up laughing. Mr. Gonzalez, on the other hand, wasn’t too pleased. “Justin,”

“Yes?” He sang and smiled. Melanie laughed, she knew what he was up to.

“Go to the office.”

“Yes!” Justin cheered to himself, handed the paper and pen back to Jerome, and flashed him the same mocking smile. “Get to work, mi dark amigo.”

Justin waved and stood up.

“You still have to take the quiz tomorrow,” Mr. Gonzalez added.

The class laughed when they heard Justin let out a frustrated moan.

“Oh wait. That gives you time to cheat,” the teacher realized, “And I don’t have time to make another quiz just for you.”

By then, Justin began to gather his things quicker and head out the door faster. “No, come back and join us Mr. Timberlake. You can go to the principle later.”

Jerome clapped loudly and laughed, “Yeah sit’cho non-speakin-Spanish ass down and get to work my nig."
Justin sat down.

** * * ** *
3:30 PM

Melanie pulled into the parking lot of the school, and parked next to Justin. As she leaned over to the passenger side to gather her things, she noticed that Justin was still inside the truck. She honked the horn loudly and laughed when he jumped. When he caught her eye he smiled brightly and hopped out and jumped inside her car.

“Get out,” Melanie laughed.

“Why?”

“Cause I’m getting out.”

“Well, you haven’t talked to me all day,” Justin whined and began to fake hurt. “I’m feeling a little neglected.”

“Aww,” Melanie smiled, “Come here,” she cooed.

Justin bounced his shoulders, happily ready to accept the kiss she was going to give him. The two kissed and smiled at each other when they pulled apart.

“I was busy all day,” Melanie said softly.

“I know, I just wanted some lovin’.”

“Well baby you can get that anytime you want,” she smiled and got out of the car.

Once Justin was out, she set the alarm and grabbed his hand. He intertwined their fingers and kissed her temple.

“You should talk dirty more often,” Justin smiled and swung their arms.

“What I said wasn’t dirty. You just have a dirty mind.”

“Oh but it was. That can be taken more ways than one,” Justin pointed out and rose his eyebrows.

“Justin, anything can be taken different ways. It just depends on how-“

“You take it?” He laughed.

“You’re confusing me,” she whined.

“I know”, Justin laughed, “That was the point…”

Their laughter was cut short when a car with a roaring engine came speeding into the parking lot. It screeched into a parking space crookedly and Nicole and Damien got out the car. Justin groaned and rolled his eyes.

“He didn’t even come to school today,” Melanie said quietly.

“Then he shouldn’t have come to practice,” Justin said quickly and she could hear the anger in his voice.

“You think Coach will say anything to him?”

“Shit no,” Justin drawled out. “That’s like his son.”
Melanie shook her head and the two entered the school, Damien and Nicole, who were also hand in hand, not to far behind them.

“She makes me sick, Justin,” Melanie muttered.

“Why is she here? I thought she was off the team?”

“Me too. But she supposedly changed her mind, and she wants to come back. I can’t say no.”

“Why not, you’re the freakin captain.”

“Coach Freeman has power over me now. All Nicole has to do is complain if I don’t let her back on the team.”

“That’s the dumbest thing ever, dude. Coach Freeman is the cheerleading coach. Just cause y’all are combined doesn’t mean she can just run shit- I don’t care if she is an adult. You were there first. She needs to take her wack ass team somewhere else,” Justin vented.

Melanie kissed him on the cheek just because he was on the same page as she. Justin draped his arm over her shoulders and hummed a little nonchalant tune.

“Wanna come with me to meet my mom’s boyfriend?” Melanie asked

“Sure. Wait. She has a boyfriend?”

“Yeah, they met when we were gone. She’s cooking dinner and everything. You can spend the night too.” Justin’s face lit up and Melanie smacked her teeth, “Pervert.”

“Thank you. And don’t try to act like you weren’t thinking the same thing I was, woman.”

The two walked into the gym. People were walking around putting up decorations, checking the sound system, and cleaning the bleachers for the first game that would take place on Wednesday. Justin and Melanie sat their stuff down on the bottom bench of the bleacher, near everyone else’s stuff, and kissed before going to opposite sides of the gym. Justin grabbed a basketball and dribbled over to the free throw line. Jerome, Mike, and Samuel were standing around talking so Justin joined in the conversation.

“Hello, ladies,” he said.

“We’ll see who the lady is,” Mike started, “Shoot the ball.”
Justin, up for the challenge, shot the free throw-his best shot- and missed.

“Uh oh,” Mike said.

“I think that sun got to you, frappy,” Samuel said.

Justin brushed it off and shrugged his shoulders. “It’s just one shot.”

“Yeah,” Damien came in, “but that one shot could cost us a damn game. We can’t afford for you to fuck up…milk,” he said his nickname with so much sarcasm that it dripped onto the floor. “So don’t come in here half-assin.”

Justin was ready to pop off at Damien, but Jerome interjected. “Hey man, you don’t need to be all anal about it. Calm down.”

“Don’t tell me to calm down,” Damien said gravely. “I’m not going to loose because of some punk ass pretty boy that fucks other people’s girls!” He barked.

The gym fell silent as Justin lunged at Damien and was held back by Jerome. Justin struggled to get out of his grasp as Damien struggle to free himself from Samuel’s. Suddenly, a whistle was blown loudly and echoed, causing the boys to freeze. Coach Robinson ran into the gym with a scowl on his face.

“SIT DOWN!” He demanded, “We don’t have time for the stupid bickering. Damien and Justin I’ve been dealing with this shit all season long! I’m sorry for cursing, but you guys are pissing me off. You will find yourselves benched if you don’t clean up your acts RIGHT now! Is that understood?” When the boys didn’t answer, he demanded one. “I said is that UNDERSTOOD!”

“Yes,” Damien and Justin said lowly.

** **** * **
Since Coach Freeman hadn’t arrived at practice yet, Melanie started things off. “Okay, welcome to finals week, ladies. This week is as important to us as it is to the boys, and for those of us who have been through this for a minute, it means more. We perform on the sidelines as well as at the end of quarters, and halftime. That’s a lot of dancing. The routine for the championship game, which we assume with will get to will be the big one. Rita’s mother has been making our costumes and we have fittings for them at tomorrow morning’s practice. On Wednesday, we’re playing Fenger. Their dance team uses the band during finals, so we will too. So today, y’all are gonna learn how to march.”

Victoria rose her hand, “I already taught them that.”

“Really?” Melanie asked, “good. Moving on then…batons.” She then went to a box that was sitting idly nearby and she and Chasity began teaching them the basics for baton twirling. Just then, Coach Freeman walked through the gym’s doors.

“What is going on here?” She barked.

Melanie stopped what she was doing and looked at the cheerleading coach. “Teaching them how to twirl for Wednesday’s game.”

The coach laughed mockingly, “If you really think that these girls are going to be able to learn how to twirl by Wednesday, then something’s wrong. Twirling takes skill, Mrs. Thomas and I’m sure you don’t possess enough of it to teach 60 girls in four practices.”

“I’m not teaching them fancy tricks. This is just for the beginning of the game…we’re just walking out.”

The coach rolled her eyes, “Then why do you need batons? That’s a waste of time. Don’t try to make this bigger than what it needs to be.”

Chasity interjected, “First of all the step squad has always done a straight drill routine during the first game of finals- it looks cute too.”

“Okay, well…” the coach said with fake delicacy, “This isn’t a drill team! Drop the baton and start teaching dances. That’s
what you want to be looked at as, right? Dancers? You guys started bitching when the cheerleaders came because you guys are ‘dancers’. I haven’t seen you do a real dance routine yet. So Melanie, since you think you can run this team…start teaching things that aren’t as much of a waste. Give me the baton.”

Melanie stared at the woman, with complete contempt and wondered why Freedman had appointed her as captain in the first place. Suddenly, with a burst of anger she threw the baton as hard and as high as she could and it bounced off the side of the score board. “Fetch.”

Everyone fell silent upon hearing the baton hit the large board and Melanie just stared at her coach. Even though she just threw a baton, she wasn’t going to let some lady come in and ruin what she had put all her time and effort into.

“If I didn’t need you, I’d report that. Go sit down.”

“No,” Melanie refused.

“What?”

Nicole huffed, “Melanie, don’t be a drama queen!”

Melanie snapped, “Shut the fuck up, stupid bitch!”

Nicole tried her best to get to Melanie, but girls were pushing her back. “Whatever! Damien never liked you anyway!”

Melanie tried her best to ignore the big surge of pain that went through her body and focussed back to the coach. “This is my team.”

“Not anymore. I've gotten complaints.”

“I'm trying to fix what happened here-it wasn't my teams fault. You saw Thursday’s game! We looked horrible!”

“Are you blaming that on my girls?” The coach asked.

“Hell yeah! I’m trying to work with the cheerleaders as best as I can, and I don’t need you giving out stupid orders!”

“I don’t need this,” Coach Freeman huffed, “You’ll be hearing from the principle tomorrow,” she said and began to make her way out of the gym, not noticing the middle finger Melanie had thrown up when she wasn’t looking.

Melanie turned and faced the girls in front of her, her eyes landing on Nicole. “Get out,” she stated simply.

“What?” Nicole yelled, “You can’t kick me out. I need this for my college application.”

“Aww,” Melanie mocked her care for Nicole’s problems. Suddenly, her face became grave. “Maybe you should’ve thought about that before you fucked Damien. Take your little slut friend with you,” she said, referring to Joya.

“We’re not leaving,” Joya crossed her arms over her chest.

“Oh yeah?” Melanie asked and turned in the boys’ direction. Her eyes focussed on Coach Robinson, a man she’d known since the eight grade. “Hey Coach!”

“Yes?” He looked at her.

“Nicole and Joya are causing a distraction, can you tell them to leave?”

“Girls,” the basketball coach started, “Go home. I watched your obscene behavior and have hear your rude comments. You’re no longer apart of the Athletic Department and I’ll make sure that stays permanent.”

Nicole and Joya moved from their spots on the gym floor. “Watch out, bitch,” Nicole said lowly in Melanie’s ear on the way out.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki