Gray Dreams by Babymamma787


Number of reviews: 69
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Wednesday

I can’t concentrate. The basketball game is tonight and I’m still not as good as I was before I left. My little vacation cost me. Yesterday morning we were weighed and I gained 5 pounds. It might not seem like a lot, but it is. Coach was mad, we all gained, and he made us do 50 more sit ups in addition to the 100 we had already done. I’m sore and I get tired easier. The only one who seems to not have been affected by Spring Break, was Damien. I heard he came back from New York early and trained with the Coach. Basically, he kissed his ass for a couple of days.

It’s 7:45 and Melanie isn’t here yet. Tony, Mama’s boyfriend is a cool guy, but Melanie makes it so entirely obvious that she can’t stand him. We were in her room watching TV after dinner, and he walked by and was like, “You might wanna pick up some of these clothes.” It was on after that. Melanie gave him the most evil glare- I was scared. She then went on to say that he wasn’t her Dad and to not act like one. You know, all that type of stuff. I don’t know -she hates her real dad, so…I don’t get it. Her mom still came in the room and told her to clean afterwards anyway.

7:50 and she’s still not here! She’s making me worry cause she was at my house last night, and she called when she got home to tell me she was safe. Steven doesn’t really like her. I think it’s because I keep kicking him out and sending him to play with John and he keeps whining, saying that he’s too old to play with babies. He’s weird. Maybe he needs a girlfriend of his own. Every time Melanie says something to him, he doesn’t answer…unless I hit him and make him do it.

I opened my locker. Let’s see what books do I need? I still haven’t gotten my Economics grade back at an A. It moved from a C to a B, but I need an A dammit. This one grade is killing my GPA.

The bell rang. Time for class- Yippee. This lady better not assign shit loads of work because I’m not going to do it. I won’t do it in class either- I’m too busy worrying about the game- and where the hell my girlfriend is. Maybe I’ll see her in 2nd period. She’s probably just late.

I sat behind Samuel, “Hey man,” I said.

“Hey milk. What’s good wit’chu?” He greeted.

Ha, I remember when I didn’t know what that meant. Humiliation for a week, I tell ya. “Man, I’m stressin’ about that game.”

“Me too. I’m excited mostly, I probably won’t be able to get any work done.”

“You and me both.”

“Damien was all excited this morning. We were in the library- It was me, Mike, and Jerome, and we were going over plays and he was getting all hyped. The librarian almost kicked him out.”

“Something’s wrong with him, man.”

“Nah,” Samuel disagreed, “He just loves the game.”

“I love the game too and you don’t see me acting crazy!”

“Well, Damien feels like he has to prove himself. You came along and messed up his flow.”

“Well that’s not my fault! Dude, he hates me for the stupidest reasons.”

Samuel laughed and turned all the way around in his seat, “Put yourself in his shoes, milk. If you were black and popular in a mostly black-run school, and some pretty white boy came and took yo girl, and ya fame, you wouldn’t be upset?”

But still.

* *
Okay, it’s Second period, the middle of Second period at that and I look over to my right and Melanie’s desk is empty. Well, Trevante just came and sat in it. Mr. Gonzalez is going on and on about what? I don’t know…it’s all in Spanish. I failed that damn pop quiz- he gave us our results. That was incredibly stupid to give us a pop quiz the day we get back from break.
This calls for desperate measures. I rose my hand, “Can I go to the bathroom?”

Mr. Gonzalez nodded and I headed out the door. I hurried through the hallways until I reached the bathroom and pulled out my cell phone. I pressed ‘2’ and it began to dial Melanie’s number. She’s not answering the phone! I hung up and called her house, and again no one answered! What the hell is going on?

I got back to the classroom, and everyone was working quietly. I sat in my seat and whispered to Jerome, “Hey, do you know where Melanie’s at?”

Jerome quickly shook his head and mumbled, “No.”

That’s so not like him. Jerome is the type a guy to start a conversation from one statement. He didn't even turn and look at me. Is the teacher looking at us or something? I looked around-nope.

“Are you sure,” I whispered again, “Cause she’s not answering her phones.”

“I don’t know, man,” He said quietly, “Concentrate on tonight.”

“This is my girlfriend, dude.”

“You worry to much, shh” he dismissed it.

He’s never told me to shh. Melanie is his best friggin friend. It’s always been him, her, and Chasity. He worries about her just as much as I do. He’s lying. And he sucks at it. I yanked the back of his collar and he gasped, causing people to look.

“What do you know?”

“Let go man,” he whined, “I told yo hard-headed ass I don’t know anything. Why would you think I would know something?”

“Because you know everything, and you’re her best friend!” I hissed.

“Mr. Timberlake!” Oh shit, here goes Gonzalez. “Let go of Jerome’s collar.” I did.

“That’s fucked up, Jerome. I thought we were cool.” I continued, nothin like a good ol’ guilt trip. “I thought we were homies. You were the first person I knew when I came out here, man and you know how much Melanie means to me. Dog-“

“Okay!” He hissed, yes! “She’s at home and she told me not to tell you.”

“Why?”

“Because she knew you’d freak out like you are right now.”

“Why is she at home? She knows she needs to go to school or else she won’t be able to participate at the game.”

“Of course she knows that,” Jerome said in a duh tone, “That’s exactly why she’s staying at home.”

Oh shit. She’s not doing this right now! She’s running…again. I’m tired of this shit- I thought she changed. Jerome jerked around and faced me with a dead serious look on his face. He’s scaring me.

“I swear if you tell her I told you, I’ll kick your ass.”

I laughed, “Okay.”

“I mean it!” Jerome hissed, “Don’t fuck with me.”

Whhoooa. “Jerome,”

He laughed, “Aaahh, I’m just fuckin’ wit’chu, dog…but seriously, I’ll hurt you.”

Confusing.

*************
Justin pulled into the parking lot of the apartment complex Melanie stayed in and parked his truck before getting out. He walked into the building and quickly climbed the stairs to the fourth floor.

“Hey kid.”

Justin jumped and turned around to see an old dark Asian man sitting on a lawn chair in the hallway. Justin, a little scared, looked down at the small man that was looking up at him expectantly.

“Yeah?” Justin asked quietly.

“What are you doing up here so early?”

Justin furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head “Do I know you?”

“No, but I know you,” The man laughed, “I see you and the girl who lives in #10 groping each other on your way up all the time.”

Justin widened his eyes. He was embarrassed, but freaked out more than anything. “Um…”

“Anyway, I just wanted to wish you luck on tonight’s game.”

“Thanks…I’m gonna go now,’ Justin said awkwardly and the man nodded his head slowly. Justin knocked on the door loudly out of annoyance and being scared of the man at the other end of the hallway and sighed when he saw her beautiful, clear-of-make-up, face.

Melanie rolled her eyes and threw her head back, “No, Justin,” she groaned.

Justin reached in the door, grabbed her waist and picked her up. He carried her further into the house, shutting the door with his foot. She grinned as she bounced on his waist and pushed her hair out of her face. Wrapping her arms around his neck, Justin buried his face into her chest and shook his head and made sucking noises against her skin.

A giggle came out of her, “What are you doing?”

Justin threw themselves onto the couch and laid on top of her to gather his thoughts. Melanie played with his hair, but Justin swatted her hand.

“Don’t touch,” he warned in a monotone voice.

“Why? I always play with your hair.”

“It’s not cooperating this morning and I don’t want you making it go crazy.”

“You swear,” Melanie rolled her eyes, “You need it cut.”

“I know, for the fifth time already! You need to go to school.”

Melanie grunted, “I’m not going.”

“Yes, you are.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes, you are.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes, you are times 100.”

“No, I’m not times 500.”

“Yes, you are…INFINITY! Now, get your ass up.”

Melanie laughed and whined right after. She pushed Justin off of her and stood from the couch. She yawned as she scratched her head and looked at Justin, who was staring right back at her. She grinned at her boyfriend for his effort and shook her head before disappearing into the hallway. Justin hopped up and followed her to her room but she turned around and stopped Justin by putting her hand on his chest.

“No boys allowed,” she said.

Justin reached around and poked her ticklish sides, causing her to yelp and lose her resistance. “I’m a man remember? We go over this every night in bed,” They laughed, “No, but babe…seriously you need to come to school.”

“I can’t go Justin,” she whined.

“Why?”

Melanie huffed and sat at her computer. She opened her drawer, pulled out a Starburst and popped it in her mouth. “Because,” she said as she sucked on the candy, “the girls aren’t ready.”

“Well don’t you think they’d need their captain there?” Justin walked behind her and began to slowly massage her shoulders. “What happened to the changed Melanie who was going to take chances and give things a try? The Melanie who wasn’t going to be scared anymore…hmm?”

“She’s on vacation,” Melanie pouted, “In California.”

“Well I think you need to give her a ring and tell her to bring her butt to Chicago.”

“There’s going to be so much drama tonight, Justin!” Melanie whined.

“Who cares-“

“I care because most of it is going to involve me. All the schools in the district are going to be there, even schools on the other side of town are coming. They’re even bringing in risers to go behind the basketball nets because they expect that many people. It’s gonna look like a mini Staples Center in that bitch.”

“And you’re nervous?”

“For the girls, and for my freakin’ future and health. If I get in a fight, I don’t participate in graduation-“

“If you get in a fight on school grounds,” Justin pointed out and sat on the floor so that he’d face her. .

“Baby, do you want me to get in a fight?”

“No! I’m just saying…”

“I don’t want to get in a fight period. Besides, I have a hair appointment at 3:15.”

Justin rolled his eyes, “Oh God.”

“I’m gonna make you an appointment too, so be at my mom’s shop at 3:15 okay?”

“No.”

Melanie scrunched up her face, “Why not? You said yourself you needed a haircut.”

“I’m not doing shit for you, if you’re not going to go to school for me, and support me at the game,” Justin rose his eyebrows.

“Fine. Let your hair go all over the place.”

“That’s why bandanas were made.”

The two stared at each other. Justin began to pick at his nails and hum a happy little song. Melanie opened up a game of solitaire on her computer and tried to focus on that. Justin scooted up and turned his neck to look at the computer screen.

“You suck,” he commented, “You should’ve took that stack- you would’ve won by now.”

“Shut up,” Melanie said gravely and cursed when she lost.

“Told you,” Justin chided and stood up. Melanie picked up a pen and threw it at his back. Justin turned and gave her a hurt look and dropped his jaw.

“I can’t believe you threw a pen at my back,” He over-exaggerated.

“Want me to do it again?” She smiled devilishly.

“No, but I’ll tell you what I do what you to do,” Justin chuckled at his suggestive comment.

“Don’t be nasty, Justin. Your mind is always on sex.”

“What if we make a deal?”

“No,” Melanie quickly said.

“How ‘bout if you go to school for the rest of the day and participate in the game, I blow your mind for the rest of the night. I’ll be your freakin’ sex slave.”

Melanie turned and gave Justin her undivided attention, causing Justin to laugh at her sudden interest. She rose an eyebrow, sighed, and began to think of the possibilities. They had only had sex once since they’d been together, about 4 days, and she knew he’d been wanting to just as much as she had. Why else would he make an offer like that?

She looked at the clock- it was about 10:45 and in the middle of third period. She would only have to sit through two more important classes and Step Squad was her 6th period. Melanie began to look at things optimistically. She’d have an hour during school to work with the girls, she’d then go for her hair appointment, and then come back to the school for a last minute practice at 5:00 before the game’s starting time at 7:00. Not to mention, if the boys won, Justin would be happy, she’d be happy, and they’d both be even happier after mind-blowing sex.

“I’m gonna go get dressed,” She smiled and stood immediately.

Justin grabbed her face and gave her a big kiss on the lips, “I knew you’d see it my way.”

* * * **
Due to making out on the couch, eating, and cuddling, Melanie and Justin strolled through the hallways of school an hour later than they had planned originally. Hand in hand and on full stomachs, the two love-birds walked into the loud cafeteria. Justin led her to the table he normally sat at, with the basketball players, and sat her down on his lap.

“Hi Jerome!” Melanie yelled when she noticed Jerome suddenly think his sandwich was the greatest thing on Earth.

“Hey,” He mumbled with his mouth full.

“What did I tell you about opening and closing your mouth at the wrong time?” She still managed to smile, even though it was faked.

Samuel laughed, and Jerome flinched at him, “Hey man,” Jerome started to defend himself, “You look happy. I’m sorry I told, but…but Justin threatened my life!” he lied.

“Oh please,” Mike groaned, “Justin? Curly haired, milk-man Justin?” He laughed

“Yeah,” Leroy said, “Justin’s about as pure as breast milk.”

The boys laughed and Melanie chuckled, but Justin showed no emotion. “Hey!” He spoke up, “I can be bad.”

“Pssh!” Samuel laughed, “Okay, Michael Jackson.”

“HOOO!” Mike mimicked Michael Jackson’s famous yell.

Melanie laughed but put her hand over her mouth when she felt Justin poke her side. “Hey, hey, hey,” she defended, “Justin has a bad side- he just doesn’t let it show around y’all.”

Even though Melanie and Justin both knew she was telling the absolute truth, the boys still laughed. They reassured Justin, however, and informed him that they were just playing around. Some other members of the basketball team came to sit down at the table and converse over lunch as well. Melanie got up from the boys’ table, and went over to where she saw Chasity, Rita, and Iesha sitting.

Rita smiled, “Hey, girl. I heard you’re just getting here.”

Melanie laughed, “Yeah, I wasn’t gonna come today.”

Iesha grunted, “Thank God you did cause you know those cheerleaders are gonna look like unattended sheep.”

Chasity laughed but sort of disagreed, “Well they do have Victoria. Besides, if it weren’t for her, we’d still be teaching them how to freakin’ just…groove ya know?” The girls laughed, “Seriously though, cheerleaders are used to stiff movements. We do that too, but we balance it out.”

“Yeah.” Rita nodded her head, “I’m nervous about tonight.”

Iesha concurred, “Hell yeah, you know a whole bunch of schools are showing tonight. Especially the one’s that aren’t even in the finals- you know they’ll have some grudges.”

“Hell yeah,” Chasity agreed, “There will be so many fights afterwards.”

Melanie sighed and shook her head when she saw Nicole and Damien walk into the cafeteria hand in hand. She watched the two make their way to the end of the table the basketball players sat and make googly eyes at each other.

“They make me sick,” she finally muttered after watching the two share a kiss. “And why do I care? I have no idea! But it makes me mad how- I don’t know. Nevermind, all I know is that there will definitely be fights, and somebody won’t be going to Calumet anymore.”

“Well,” Chasity started, “I heard Nicole has been talking to some people this week. I say you call your brother, Melanie.”
Rita and Iesha nodded, but Melanie rolled her eyes. “My mom is going to be there, they hate each other. If she sees him fighting- I’ll look like the bad guy cause I invited him, and all my trying to get her to lighten up around him will have been for nothing.”

“I just know that I’m going to be prepared,” Rita stated, “I’m parking as close to the gym as possible.”

The girls all shared a laugh, but knew that they wouldn’t be laughing later on that night.

* * ** *****
The young adults in the small strategy room sat quietly, so quietly that the sound of a pen dropping would’ve been audible. Eyes darted nervously around the room when they could suddenly hear the sound of Trevante’s, the DJ’s, voice come through the loud speakers. And then it all began.

Finals week had officially begun and for the 12 basketball players in the room, it meant a full week of playing their best and accepting no bullshit. To the 30 dancers in the room, it meant dancing their hardest, and smiling the longest no matter how much their muscles hurt or how bad they felt. To the 30 cheerleaders crammed in the room, it meant proving themselves for the next week, making sure that everyone in the basketball community knew that they were more than just quarterback-chasing groupies.

Coming out of the super thick silence, was their leader, Coach Robinson. He stood and cleared his throat, “Okay, I just want everyone to know that we’ve gotten this far because every single one of you have a God given gift. So, let’s use that gift and win this thing, okay?” There were small bursts of reassurance, but still more nervousness than anything.

Mike got up and slapped Jerome’s head. Jerome gave him an upset look, “Man I should beat’cho ass.”

Mike laughed and filed into the line that was headed out the door. “This, coming from a guy who got punked by a girl at lunch time. Nigga, shut yo scary ass up.”

“Hey,” Jerome called, “You know what? You talk a lot of head.”

Chasity interjected, “Y’all. Let’s be quiet now, okay? Concentrate-focus on the game.”

Leroy smacked his lips, “Aw dog, here she go.”

The boys laughed and Chasity rolled her eyes before laughing. “No,” she started, “but, seriously y’all this is our senior year. This is our last finals week. This could be our last time standing in this room-“

“Hey, hey, hey,” Justin interrupted, “No talking like that. We’ll win.”

“Oh?” Chasity asked, “And what makes you so confident,” she added a smile.

“Just past the ball to me,” Justin laughed and all the guys pushed him back. “Hey! I was just kidding! Geeze!”

Damien, however, was the only one not laughing, “Don’t kid like that alright?”

“Why?” Justin asked.

“Because I said so,” Damien snapped shortly.

Melanie, who had just walked back from the front of the line, asked Chasity what new drama had arisen, and she quickly informed her friend. Melanie rolled her eyes, and watched Justin and Damien argue.

“You ain’t my daddy!” Justin said.

Damien scoffed, “Do you even have one? I never see him.”

“He’s probably at your house right now boning your mom,” Justin said quickly and everyone covered their mouths to hold in their outbursts.

“Aaaah!” Samuel yelled, stepped into the closing gap between Justin and Damien, and flung his arms around. “Stop this shit right now, y’all damn! Wait ‘til after the game to let out your frustrations with the other 50 people that will be fighting tonight.” Samuel inhaled deeply and exhaled the same, while moving his hands to motion for them to follow him in the exercise. “See,” he cooed, “Deep breaths will clear your mind.” Damien and Justin stared at their teammate.

Leroy smacked his lips and lightly shoved Samuel, “Aw dog. This nigga think he somebody’s muthafuckin’ sensei or somethin. Next this nigga is gonna wanna sit down on a straw mat and do meditation- shut’cho ass up.”

Everyone laughed, including Damien and Justin, at Leroy’s remarks. Damien decided not to say anything else to Justin and faced forward. Melanie came to Justin’s side, and allowed him to envelope her into a bear hug. She groaned as he squeezed her and rocked her back and forth.

Justin kissed her forehead, “Are you ready?”

Melanie gave him a bored look and rolled her eyes. “I could be sitting at home right now.”

“Don’t be so pessimistic, babe.”

“Whatever,” she said and Justin released her quickly and rolled his eyes. “Don’t roll your eyes at me.”

“Don’t roll your eyes at me,” Justin said back.

“I always roll my eyes at you.”

“So, do you think that makes you special?

Melanie pouted at him, crossed her arms over her chest, and quickly turned around. Justin laughed and wrapped his arms around her neck before planting big kisses on the side of her face. She tried to act like she didn’t like it, but couldn’t help it when he started to tickle her, which forced her to fall into him. Justin turned her around and kissed her lips sexily despite her opposition to making out in public. Also, the fact that Damien was standing right in front of him, made him even happier. So, he held her in place and his tongue did the work. Melanie pulled away first and wiped the brown he had gotten on his lips from her lip gloss.

“You look like you’ve been eating chocolate,” She said.

Justin totally took her statement the wrong way and began to seductively lick his lips as he looked her up and down. He chuckled lowly and wiggled his eyebrows.

Melanie blushed and shook her head. “Get your mind out of the gutter.”

“You’re the one who said it.”

***************************************
PT 2

N*E*R*D’s “She Wants To Move” came through the loud speakers and the Calumet girls ran out onto the court excitedly. They first moved to the purple and gray side of Fenger High and paraded around, of course not getting a good response. But, when they went to the side with baby blue and maroon, the crowd errupted. People stomped their feet on the bleachers, waved their Styrofoam jumbo hands, clapped their clappers, and cheered loudly. The whole left side of the gym was moving with tons of energy and the girls fed off of it like hungry children.

After pumping up the crowd, they fell into synchronized choreography and, luckily, had gotten a much better response than before. Melanie smiled at Victoria when she had caught her eye, the two secretly forming a stronger alliance. Looking out into the crowd, Melanie spotted her mom and her boyfriend, and Justin’s mom, brothers and a tall man that was sitting with Lynn. Both of their mothers were sitting together. Looking to the other side of the gym, she saw coaches from Englewood, and Bowen as well as players in their letterman jackets scattered throughout the crowd. She then saw her older brother, Rodney, slip in the side door. He was joined by two tall and dark men. Right off the bat, she knew that he wasn’t there just to look at the game and her eyes darted back to her mother, who hadn’t noticed him yet.

Chasity had begun to make her way to Melanie to bring the boys onto the court. The song had died down to just it’s accompaniment and the crowd went wild- they knew what time it was.

“Be careful!” Melanie yelled into Chasity’s ear as they made their way to the waiting basketball team. Chasity nodded her head and while Melanie waited for the Cheerleaders to make two lines for the boys to run through, she told the boys the same thing.

“Make sure y’all look and see who’s out there,” Chasity yelled over the music.

Melanie motioned for them to follow, and they all ran out onto the court. The crowd went wild once again-signs were waving vehemently, freshmen girls were jumping up and down, and the boys smiled and waved as they ran a lap around the court.

*
Justin’s blue eyes widened at the tall, built man that handed John a snow cone graciously, and his lips curled up when he saw the man drape his arm over his mother’s shoulder. That man was sitting too close to his mother. That man moved his hand off his mother’s shoulder, but proceeded to prop John on his lap. Something, his real father seldom did, but this man wasn’t even his father. Disgusted blue eyes met with another pair of equally disgusted ones.

The eyes belonged to his brother, Steven. Suddenly, they were on the same wavelength. Suddenly, Justin felt bad for ignoring Steven last night when Melanie was over- it finally clicked that that was what his little brother had been dying to tell him. Suddenly, the brown eyes that belonged to the horrendous man, widened when they saw Justin’s blue ones piercing into them. The man waved hesitantly, and Justin’s blue eyes rolled.

Instead, he decided to focus on his dark teammate that was standing in large circle at center court. Leroy faced his teammates and the Titan player standing in front of him. The small referee threw the brown ball in the air and Justin’s eyes were alert. Leroy going up to hit the ball seemed as though everything had went silent and in slow motion. When he hit the ball and Jerome caught it, things went back to real time and the screams were heard again. Jerome threw the ball to Justin, who caught it, and sunk a turn-around-jumper on his opponent.

“Give it up for your milk-man!” The caller for the game roared as did the crowd.

Justin slapped hands with Mike and got on defense. The Titan stood on the outside, ready to put the ball back in play and finally threw it in, but Samuel stole it from his opponent, dribbled the ball down the court and made a beautiful lay up.
Outkast’s “Ghetto Musick” began to play and the step squad danced on the sideline. The girls swerved once to the left, once to the right, rolled in the middle, and began to pop to the fast beat.

The crowed cheered as they began to vibrate while swinging their arms vertically back and forth. When the song slowed, they too slowed, fluidly bending their arms and twisting their bodies before starting all over.

5 minutes later, with the score 27-18, Calumet, Justin played a little one on one with one of the Titans. He dribbled the ball between his legs as he moved toward his opponent, and dribbled in place a little. The Titan tried to steal the ball, but Justin moved back quickly, crossed him over, took the ball to the paint and passed the ball to Damien secretly, allowing Damien to sink a three pointer.

The instrumental to Michael Jackson’s “Don’t Stop (‘Til You Get Enough)” played now, and the cheerleaders, lead by Victoria, danced on the sideline. Pompoms in hand, they stiffly moved their arms to the beat, clapped, did russian splits, and rocked from side to side. The crowd wasn’t as into it for them, they were more focused on the game. While the cheerleaders were entertaining, Melanie sat in Justin’s seat on the bench.

As he ran past, he saw her and winked, causing her to blush. She went into his duffel bag, pulled out his Gatorade, and drank some while he was busy trying to get a rebound.
The end of the first quarter and the cheerleaders went out to center court to do a short routine. Justin huffed as he sat next to Melanie on the bench. He took a white towel, and wiped his face.

“Hand me my bandana while you’re over here drinking my Gatorade,” he rose his eyebrows when Melanie sheepishly laughed.

“I was thirsty.”

“I can see,” he laughed.

“Are we winning?”

Justin nodded his head as he tied his bandana. “That’s sad. You’re supposed to know if we’re winning.”

“Well, I stopped paying attention.”

“Oh yeah, I forgot your mind is elsewhere. You don’t even wanna be here.”

Coach Robinson interrupted their conversation by going over the next plays he wanted to see run. Samuel, Damien, Justin, Leroy, and Jerome would be going out on the court next.
‘Full Mode’ by N.O.R.E came on and Melanie hopped off the bench and ran back to her team. She caught on quickly to the dance and fell in as though she had been there the whole time. Nicole, who was standing to the left of her, jeered at her loudly but Melanie ignored it and smiled even wider at the crowd.

*
Melanie stood in the night air shivering as she was surrounded by tons of people that had attended the game. The Calumet fans were happy because Calumet had won the game 105-103. Fenger was out of the running for the championship. The wind blew over the slew of talking parents, students, and locals. Melanie looked around for Justin, who was supposed to meet her outside, but couldn’t find him. She had begun to get frustrated- he was supposed to meet her 15 minutes ago. Melanie reached into her bag and pulled out her chirp phone. She alerted Chasity, asking her where she was.

“I’m walking toward the front with Iesha and Rita,” she replied.

“Okay, I’m coming over there right now.”

Melanie made her way through crowds of people, saying ‘excuse me’ to some politely, and gave a slight shove to those who wouldn’t move.

“Melanie!”

She turned in the direction of the sound of her name and saw Lynn waving her hands high. Melanie smiled and made her way over to her boyfriend’s mother.

“Hey,” Lynn said happily and gave Melanie a hug. “You guys did so good! You looked beautiful out there.”

Melanie blushed, “Thank you, Lynn. It’s good to see you here.”

“Yeah,” Lynn nodded, “It’s the finals so I wanted to give an extra effort to get here.”

Melanie looked at the tall built man, with John propped on his hip, as he walked up to Lynn. She smiled at the brown-eyed man, and asked if John was asleep. Melanie looked at John, who was knocked out.

“Sweetie,” Lynn said to the tall man, “This is Justin’s girlfriend, Melanie.”

Melanie smiled at the man when he shook her hand sturdily. “Hi, I’m Robert.”

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you,” Melanie said warily.

Lynn sighed, “Do you know where my son is?”

“I think he’s still in the locker room,” Melanie pointed to the school. “The Coach had to talk to them and stuff, so he’ll be out in a little bit.”

“Okay, well tell him I’ll see him when he gets home,” With that, Lynn, Steven, John, and Robert walked off.

Melanie exhaled loudly- Justin wasn’t going to be happy with how close Lynn and her friend was getting. Of course it had to be right after he and his dad had made up. Melanie finally spotted Chasity, Iesha, and Rita standing under the flag pole so she rushed over to them. As she finally came upon them, two guys ran at full speed right past them, in the direction of the street. One guy appeared to be chasing the other. The chaser screamed profanities at his prey and suddenly 20 others came running after the two. The girls followed to see what was going on, and by they had reached the scene, the purser had his prey on the floor. The person on the floor’s head plopped to the side, as he appeared to be unconscious. The chaser stood and ran of into the night- no one knowing who he was.

Melanie shook her hand, backed up, and ran into Rodney.

“Hey little sister,” he greeted and proceeded to give Melanie a hug.

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m here to be your bodyguard,” her brother said.

“I don’t need a bodyguard,” she rolled her eyes, “go home- or wherever you’re staying.”

“Well, can I borrow 20 dollars?”

“No!”

“Why,” Rodney whined, “I really need it.”

“You need to get a job.”

Rodney’s attention diverted from Melanie and averted to the person walking up behind her. “Hey, man- you played good tonight.”

Justin grabbed Melanie’s hand and nodded. “Thanks,” he said, “But we’re gonna go home.”

“Yeah,” Melanie agreed and began to follow Justin to his truck.

“Why you gotta be like that?” Rodney said to her.

Just then, Nicole and Joya walked up to Rodney. Nicole patted Rodney’s back, “Don’t worry about her. She thinks she’s better than you that’s all.”

Melanie stopped, and jerked Justin back. Justin shook his head and tried to pull her away, but she wouldn’t let go. Abruptly, she finally did and Justin’s grip on her was lost, causing him to stumble backward. Melanie stalked over to Nicole, Chasity following Melanie.

“I you have something to say, say it to my face,” Melanie said gravely.

Nicole rolled her eyes and waved her hand, “Oh please, you’re a waist of my time.” She began to walk away, and Melanie yanked the end of her scarf.

“No, bitch! You always wanna talk shit, now’s the time to do it? Get bold nigga!”

Rodney stepped in, “Hey, hey hey! Y’all can’t be fighting.”

Melanie pushed her brother, “Shut the hell up, you should be one to talk!” She stepped closer to Nicole, inches away from her face, “Oh now you wanna shut up?” she asked. “Now you wanna shut up! I should knock you out right now! Oo! I’m tired of bitches like you! You’re all talk- when somebody get up in ya face you wanna quiet down! What the fuck? Bitch, please! Say what the fuck you gotta say so I can fuck you up!”

Melanie quieted, propped her hand on her hip, and rose her eyebrows.

Joya intervened, “No one even said anything to you!”

“What the fuck?” Melanie yelled, “The bitch threatened me on Monday! You need to shut the fuck up too! Stupid bitch.”

Joya had suddenly become bold, and stepped up for her friend. Chasity pushed her back, Joya fell to the floor.

“Sit’cho bitch-ass down,” Chasity demanded, “I’ll fight ya ass my damn self.”

“Ooh,” Melanie mocked, “Now the bitch is silent,” she said to Nicole. “What does your throat hurt from sucking too much dick? What is it, ho?”

Jerome, Mike, and Leroy had come out and stood next to Justin. They watched Melanie get closer and closer to Nicole’s face. Other people had come to watch the scene unfold now. Melanie began to take off her large hoop earrings and placed them in Chasity’s hands. She smudged of her lip gloss, and shrugged off her jacket.

“Let’s go, bitch,” She said, and Nicole just stared and backed up slightly, “That’s sad. How you gon’ talk aaaalll that shit? The funny thing about it is that I don’t even wanna fight you right now. Don’t get me wrong- you will get fucked up, just not now.”

With that, Melanie turned, grabbed her jacket and earrings and began to leave. People began to laugh at Nicole, some calling her scary, a punk, and bitch. Justin stared as his girlfriend quietly walked over to him, and they quietly walked to his truck, but drove loudly-Justin’s system blaring.
As they drove down the street, Justin reached and grabbed Melanie’s hand before squeezing it shortly.

PT 3

Melanie sighed and rubbed her forehead, “Baby, is it okay if we go back to your house?”

“Yeah, sure,” Justin obliged and made a left instead of the usual right to her house.

“Sorry if I embarrassed you back there,” she said sheepishly.

“No, you did what you had to do. I know I got mad when you tried to fight Kelice, but it was a different environment-different circumstances.”

“So you’re not mad now?”

“Nope,” he grinned and looked at her briefly. “Cause you know Nicole’s somehow gonna try and get revenge. Either that, or she’ll have Damien try to be her protector.”

“Then, you’ll get to let your frustrations out on Damien,” Melanie finished for him.

“And when I kick his ass, it’ll be justified,” he laughed.

Justin pulled into the driveway of his home and saw that his mother’s Lexus hadn’t arrived yet. Instead, there was blue Suburban in the driveway. Justin stood behind it, took a look at the vehicle, and went to the front to look in the window. Melanie’s arm was wrapped around his waist and she laid her head on his chest as he snooped.

“Babe,” Justin said, “I saw this guy sitting with my mom. He was all over her!”

“I know, his name’s Robert I think,” she patted his stomach.

“What the hell does this guy think he’s doing-wait. You met him?”

“Yeah, your mom introduced us after the game,” Melanie said nonchalantly.

Justin grabbed her, and spun her around so that she was facing him. “Quick! What title did she give him?”

“She called him sweetie,” Melanie said with widened eyes at Justin.

“Babe, do you know what this means?” He shrieked, “That guy is gonna come in and ruin everything! My mom’s gonna start liking him and we’re gonna be stuck out here!”

Melanie took a step back, rose her eyebrows and gave him a disapproving look. “Stuck?”

“Yes! That can’t happen.”

Melanie knew how Justin felt about California, but she couldn’t help but feeling a little insulted. It seemed as though Justin had caught her disapproval and tried to explain.

“Babe, you know I don’t mean any disrespect. It’s just that-“

“Money means more to you,” she said coldly. “Gosh, Justin. You really need to figure out what the hell you want.”

“I want you, Melanie,”

“Well then why do you act like I don’t even matter?”

“You do matter! It’s just that…I don’t know.” He sighed, and looked to the dark sky.

Melanie hugged him, even though she was a little annoyed. “Let’s just go inside, okay?”

“Okay,” he said quietly.

Steven came to the front of the house when he heard Justin and Melanie enter. Justin said hi to his brother, who didn’t give as welcoming of a greeting. Justin shook his head at his brother’s attitude and walked into the kitchen with Melanie. He pulled out bottled water, and sat on top of the counter. Melanie walked over, stood between his legs, and kissed his chin. Justin kissed her lips and made her giggle by tugging at her bottom lip.

Melanie pulled away quickly when Lynn walked into the kitchen. She cleared her throat and looked around nervously.

“Hey,” Lynn greeted, “I’m glad you guys are home. I was watching the news and they were talking about the police having to show up because of people not acting right.”

Justin slid down off the counter and began to make his way out of the kitchen. “Goodnight.”

“Excuse me, mister!” Lynn called to him as he walked away.

“What?”

“Don’t what me. We have company, why don’t you go say hi?”

“Why don’t you call your husband?” Justin said loud enough to get Robert’s attention. “Your Lexus should be here soon.” With that, Justin disappeared into the hallway and walked into his room.

Melanie awkwardly and quietly said goodnight to Lynn, who was still standing in the kitchen shocked, before meeting up with Justin.

Steven grinned when Justin entered the room, “Good job.”

“What?” Justin asked as Melanie walked in.

“Justin, that was messed up,” she said, “You know your mom’s gonna be mad.”

“I don’t care,” Justin said.

“Yeah,” Steven agreed, “Who does she think she is bringing some stranger in here?”

“She’s your mom, she can bring whoever she wants in here.”

“Okay,” Justin rolled his eyes, “This coming from the girl who cussed her mom’s boyfriend out Monday night.”

Steven laughed, “She’s still married and she needs to act like it.”

“But,” Melanie differed, “Randall cheated on her.”

“Melanie,” Justin looked at her and stopped what he was doing. “Did you forget that we spent a week in California, where my dad told me that he was done with his cheating? Were you not there when he said he missed us? Were you not there when he said that he’d ship out a car for her to make things easier? A while ago he wouldn’t have done that. Were you not there at the show when he came, and sat through the whole thing-“

“Back in the day, he wouldn’t have done that,” Steven said.

“Exactly,” Justin agreed, “He’s a changed man.”

“How is your mom supposed to know that? I’m a girl- I know what she’s going through, you guys. After they fuck up once- it’s over.”

“Melanie, you weren’t talking like that with Damien,” Justin said.

“Shut up. This isn’t about Damien- we’re talking about your mom. And generally that’s how most women are. She’s not going to believe that your dad’s a changed man unless she sees it with her own eyes, and even then, she still might not take him back.”

Steven rolled his eyes, “Do you know how much money we have? Who wouldn’t wanna go back-“

“No!” Justin said suddenly, “She’s right, Steven.” Justin turned to Melanie, “Babe, you’re right! “

“What?” Steven and Melanie said simultaneously.

“Mom won’t think Dad’s a changed man unless she sees it-“

“Meaning,” Steven caught on, “Dad would have to come out here!”

“Yes!”

Justin and Steven danced around their room and Melanie stood there shaking her head at the two. It was going to be like a twisted version of The Parent Trap. There was a knock on the door, and the boys jumped on their beds and acted like they hadn’t embarked on the most amazing discovery of their lives. Melanie rolled her eyes and opened to the door to Robert.

Steven groaned, and Justin threw a balled up sock at him.

“Hey, you guys,” Robert said meekly and cautiously stepped into the room.

The boys noticed his apprehension, and decided to take advantage of it.

“So,” Justin said, “What can we do for you?”

“Well, uh,” Robert looked at Justin, “I just wanted to tell you Congratulations on that win. You do a really good job out there. You scored 35 points right? 15 assists? That’s really good- I’ve always followed up on you guys, I think you guys will take it all if you keep playing the same way.”

Justin almost felt something for the man standing before him. But, he quickly brushed it off of course. “Thanks,” he said shortly.

“Well, I just wanted to say goodnight-“

“Goodnight,” Steven said quickly and Justin chuckled.

Robert nodded shortly and slowly walked out of the room. Melanie hit Justin with a pillow and gave him a dirty look.

“What?” Justin whined, “Some things just have to be done.”

“Whatever,” Melanie rolled her eyes. “I’m going to get ready for bed.”

She and Justin shared a kiss and she made her way to the bathroom.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki