Gray Dreams by Babymamma787


Number of reviews: 69
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Make up sex is wonderful, absolutely wonderful. I can’t move my body. I can’t really feel my lower region. I mean, I can feel it, but it feels tingly and well…amazing. Justin is amazing, what he did to me was amazing. We left the party early, not because it was boring-it was bomb as hell, but Justin was horny as hell. So was I. We started dancing to that ‘King of the Dance Hall’ song and I mean that’s when it hit.

Whenever Justin and I go out to parties and we dance together, I eventually end up breaking him off, and we usually try to be discrete about it because no guy wants everyone seeing his boner, which is understandable. But when it happened this time, he didn’t want to stop dancing, and he didn’t want me to move away from him. Gosh, he just kept thrusting, and grinding, and rubbing, and kissing and…yeah. His friends from California were looking at us kind of weird- I guess they were shocked. Why? I don’t know, they’ve seen us at a party before. Kelice was so jealous! Her jealousy and bitchiness are usually always high, but last night everyone saw it. Even people like Samuel, who don’t even know her. It got to the point where he was ready to kick her out of his party because she kept nagging at Justin. I was ready to punch her, but I was a little tipsy too.

Justin didn’t drink at all.

I feel bad kind of because I drank around him as though it was no big deal. He didn’t tell me until we were on our way home that he purposely stayed sober. Wait. Did I say ‘on our way home’? Sometimes it feels like I married to this boy. I meant to say ‘as he was driving us back to my mother’s house.’ I feel like such a hypocrite. Granted, I’m not an alcoholic, but still. My social drinking probably affected him.

Anyway, since Kelice was putting a damper on her friends’ night, Deanna and them followed Justin and I back to the hotel, much to Justin’s objections. He was getting sick of them, and I noticed it the first time I saw them interact. Everyone, and I mean everyone was trying to reach out to them at the party just because they were ‘the milk-man’s friends’ and they were, subconsciously or not, separating themselves. For example, we were all standing in a big group and I was introducing everyone to Chasity and Jerome. Danielle, who had just arrived in Chicago earlier that morning, was the first to speak up and act as though she cared. No one else tried to be in the conversation, though. Deanna and JC minded themselves, hugging and kissing…throughout a conversation! Kelice was rolling her eyes, Joey left in the middle to go flirt with some girl, and Jared was staring off into space. So then, Kelice tries to get in our conversation about this sale at Robinson’s May:

“The sale starts Sunday, Melanie, we should go,” Chasity said to me.

I nodded my head at her and told her that I’d check to see if I had to work.

“I need some new heels, and I saw this really cute dress!” She gushed.

“Yeah,” I said, “I need some more black pants for work.”

Kelice comes out of nowhere with, “Oh! I saw this cute outfit from Gucci! It was a pastel pink chiffon dress, and it came with a matching purse and shoes. I really want it, maybe I’ll go get it when we get back to Beverly Hills.”

Justin cursed and left the group quickly, and I followed after him. He went into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. I almost ran into it. I knocked on the door, because I knew he wasn’t really going to the bathroom and some drunk fool would come along soon cursing.

“Sweetie?” I asked.

“What, babe?” He whined.

“Can I come in?” I rested my hand on the doorknob.

“No!” he said as though he was offended, “I’m taking a shit.”

I had to laugh, and when I moved my hand, I noticed that the door wasn’t even locked. So, I pushed it open, walked in, and smiled when I saw him sitting on the counter. He looked so annoyed and tired. I walked over, stood in between his legs, and rubbed his muscular thighs. With a grunt, he leaned back and placed his head on the mirror.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Them!” He rose his hand, and let it drop lazily. “Geeze, babe, I can’t go sit in the kitchen without my fucking fan club following me! It’s so incredibly annoying! It’s like dude! You’re at a party! You throw these types of things once a week, and people you don’t even fucking know show up all the time! Mingle, motherfuckers, stop expecting me to do all of the fucking work. I’m tired, horny, and trying to celebrate with my friends a little bit before I go home and make my girlfriend scream my name thousands of times and tell me how absolutely amazing I am!”

I began to blush at the last part, and kind of laugh too because he totally didn’t catch the last part of what he had said. He just kept talking….

“Then Kelice and her ‘I’m so fine and holier than thou’ attitude. Why the hell is she even here? I mean really, who invited her ass? I’m sick and tired of her bitching and moaning! Her pussy ain’t that great anyway Melanie! You know what I mean?”

I just nodded, “yeah…absolutely.”

“I mean the shit is just…she’s just so not as cool as she thinks she is. I should of told the guys that she doesn’t give good brain sessions either, and you know what?!”

“What?” I was smirking.

“Deanna and JC are pissing me off! I want to pull her away from him by her hair and make her pay attention to everyone else. JC is not that fascinating! She had no right to practically ignore everyone, including me. Danielle, Joey, and Jared are the only ones I can stand right now. Baby, I’m just really frustrated.”

He looked so adorable and sexy pouting! “Well, why don’t we just leave?”

He rose an eyebrow, “Leave?”

“Yeah, we don’t have to be here. Your friends are big enough to get back to the hotel.”

“I don’t think they know where they are going though, babe,” he said wearily.

“Well you rode over with Jerome, so how did they get here?”

“I gave them directions.”

“They’re smart people- they can find their way back.”

I really wasn’t to keen on having them around either. I could really see the artificiality of them all. They were different around certain people, and it irked me to know that Justin was once like that. So, we left the bathroom, and told everyone goodbye. We made some lame excuse for our leaving at only one in the morning about having to get up early the next morning. We’d only been there for an hour, and we’d hoped that Justin’s friends would want to stay longer, being the party animals they are. But, of course they didn’t and decided to feed us some lame excuse about being scared to get lost. They even wanted us to lead them to the hotel, making us go twenty minutes out of our way.

So, I lay here in Kelice’s bed naked with Justin snuggled next to me and naked as well. We didn’t feel like driving back to my house, so we beat them to their rooms, that Justin for some reason had keys to, and fucked in the first room we saw. That room just so happened to be Kelice’s. She didn’t even try to barge in, because the door was locked and had the ‘don’t disturb’ sign adorning it, and she could her me moaning, Justin grunting, and the bed rocking. I’m sure she was disgusted. Although, I do wonder where she slept last night, I don’t care. I love karma.

Gosh, the sex was good. I haven’t had sex like that in a long time. I’m extremely happy I’m flexible too. He had me propped up so many different ways, it was confusing…but felt damn good. My hair probably looks a mess.

----------**---------

Justin, with his eyes still closed, rolled on top of Melanie, and began to kiss various places on her face. Melanie grinned and rubbed his back lovingly. As he kissed her, he began to chuckle lowly until he allowed it to evolve into a satisfied laughter, and rolled over. He scratched the area below his belly button and played with his light happy trail.

“What are you laughing at?” Melanie asked.

“Us.” He sighed and stared at the ceiling. “Sex was good last night.”

“That it was,” Melanie said and moved to snuggle against his body.

“And…” he paused for drama,”…we did it in Kelice’s room.”

“Baby?” Melanie asked, “You think they heard us?”

A large grin consumed Justin’s face. “Oh yeah. The people below us probably heard too.”

Melanie chuckled and rubbed Justin’s stomach. She felt as though she should say she loved him at that moment, but assumed it was because of the situation the two of them were in. Besides, she knew it wasn’t possible to love someone so quickly, especially when she knew she wouldn’t see him after June. That thought crushed her and some nights she contemplated her decision to fly to New York for the rehearsals for Mya’s US Tour. Her decision haunted her like a skeleton in her closed closet, for she hadn’t told anyone-not even her mother.

“Oh Melanie,” Justin sang softly. She didn’t answer, so he shook her arm. “Babe!”

“Huh!” Melanie looked up at him quickly.

Justin stared at his girlfriend’s shocked face with confusion. “Are you okay? What were you thinking about?” He grinned, “My penis?”

Melanie rolled her eyes and got out of the bed. Justin watched her naked body move around the room in search of her clothes with satisfaction.

“Oh yeah, Justin,” she began sarcastically, “how big it is still baffles me. I count penises the size of yours when I’m bored.”

Justin bellowed with laughter. He too left the comfort of Kelice’s bed, and walked over to Melanie. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her naked body closer to his naked body. Their noses touched and his lips were just inches from hers.

“You know you want this daddy dick,” he whispered and lightly humped her thigh.

Melanie nearly fell over laughing at him and the audacity he held.

------------****---------

“I did not want to get up this morning.” Chasity looked at Melanie through the reflection of the mirror as they stood in the bathroom touching up their makeup.

Melanie smirked as she thought of the morning she’d had. “I really don’t want to be here. These banquets are so boring. I don’t know why Coach Robinson wants us to show up every year.”

Chasity laughed. “Because, Melanie, we’re the boys’ support group,” she said sarcastically.

“Fuck that! The championship game was last night! Doesn’t Coach know that everyone was out partying? I bet you half the people here have hang overs,” Melanie reasoned.

Chasity put the last of her make up back in her purse and turned to face Melanie. “Girl, but did you see how many people showed up?”

“Yeah,” Melanie nodded, “a lot. It’s a good thing we’re having it in the auditorium this year, instead of that smelly ass cafeteria.”

“For real,” Chasity agreed and led them out of the girls’ bathroom. “I wonder why so many people are here this year. Were there this many last year?”

“No,” Melanie said and looked down at the heels of her dress sandals that were clicking loudly on the tile floors of Calumet’s hallways. “I think a lot of people are here to see who gets MVP.”

Chasity nodded her head, but her mind quickly went to another subject as they turned a corner. “Who was that guy Justin’s mom was with? Do you know who he is?”

“Did he have completely gray hair?” Melanie asked.

“Yeah!”

“That’s his dad,” Melanie said nonchalantly.

Chasity became confused. She knew she’d seen his mother with another man as well. That other man happened to be attending the banquet down the hall they were headed to. “But-“

“Don’t ask. It’s a very complicated story, and it’s not my place to tell.”

Chasity looked a little disappointed. “Okay.”

Chasity and Melanie walked through the wide doorway to the auditorium. Parents, well-wishers, and friends of the players of the varsity basketball team were present. It was noisy inside the large building, as people were walking around and greeting one another. Chasity left Melanie to go greet Jerome’s parents, so Melanie walked around by herself for a little while. Damien’s mother spotted her son’s ex-girlfriend and called Melanie over immediately.

Melanie nervously rubbed the sweat off of her hands onto her blue skirt. Damien’s mother smiled joyously, the wrinkles around her mouth becoming obvious, and outstretched her hand to Melanie. As Melanie became closer to his mother, she noticed Nicole sucking up to Damien’s father.

“Hey, baby!” Vivian, Damien’s mother, greeted.

“Hi, Mrs. Ford,” Melanie greeted nervously, but respectfully.

“Oh sweetie, you know I told you to call me Vivian!” The woman laughed. “You were just so beautiful last night, I was so proud of you!”

“Thank you, Mrs- I mean Vivian.” Melanie looked over Damien’s mother’s shoulder and acted as though someone was calling her name. “Oh! My mom’s calling me, I’ll see you later.”

Vivian gladly let Melanie leave to the nobody that was calling her. Melanie then wandered over to Deanna and Danielle, who were sitting with John, Justin’s youngest brother.

“Hey,” Deanna greeted.

“Hi, Melanie! We miss you,” John said enthusiastically.

“Aww,” Melanie touched her heart, “I miss you too. I’ll try to see if I can come over sometime this weekend okay?”

“Okay,” John nodded happily, “Will you play games with me?”

“Of course! We can play shoots and ladders again okay?” Melanie offered.

“Okay,” the boy agreed, “but let me win this time!”

Melanie laughed. “We’ll see. Where’s that brother of yours?”

John shrugged his shoulders and shook his head, for he didn’t know.

“I haven’t seen him since we got here,” Danielle said.

“I think he’s somewhere talking to JC,” Deanna said.

Melanie nodded at them, showing her gratitude for their help, and walked off again. She made her way to the other side of the auditorium again and saw her mother. Rhonda waved at her and Melanie stepped over.

“Hey, mama.” Melanie looked at her mother’s boyfriend, Tony, and her enthusiasm dropped a little. “Hey, Tony.”

“Hey!” He greeted happily.

“I have to work tonight, mama,” Melanie informed.

Rhonda nodded her head, “Okay, well Tony and I are going out tonight, so I don’t know when I’ll be home.”

“Or if you even will,” Melanie mumbled and laughed when her mother lightly shoved her.

An arm was suddenly resting on Melanie’s shoulders and she recognized the smell of Curve cologne.

“Hey, mama,” Justin greeted.

“Hey, baby,” she smiled. “How many points did you score last night?”

“Um…I think a good 30,” Justin said nonchalantly.

Tony smiled and patted Justin’s arm. “Y’all were in the paper this morning. They had a picture of you and Damien holding the trophy.”

Justin rose his eyebrows. “I had no idea.”

“Yeah,” Rhonda agreed with Tony, “you’re gonna be quite the superstar. Don’t forget about us down here.”

Justin laughed. “Whatever you say. Hey, is it okay if I steal Melanie for a minute? I have to talk to her.”

Rhonda waved her hand. “Go ahead, she’s your girlfriend-not mine.”

Justin grabbed Melanie’s hand and pulled her to the back of the auditorium. “Guess what!”

“What?” Melanie asked.

“My dad spent the night with my mom!”

Melanie stared at Justin’s excited face, but didn’t feel the same. She didn’t think his endeavors within his parents’ relationship were good ideas. “Well, what happened?”

“He stayed at the house. Robert went to his own house because he had to get up early this morning and go to work.”

“Did he sleep in the room with your mom?” Melanie asked.

“No, but he said they were up really late talking about things. Babe, you should see how happy he is right now! Steven told me they were laughing and joking this morning, and that it felt like old times.”

Melanie grinned. “That’s great, sweetie.”

Justin’s happy face turned into one of skepticism. “You don’t think it’s great, do you. Are you just saying that?”

“No!” Melanie shook her head quickly as she lied. “I’m really happy that things are working out.”

“Girl, don’t lie to me,” Justin said sternly.

Melanie rose her eyebrows. “I’m not lying, Justin! I think it’s great. Just don’t get your hopes too high, okay?”

Justin’s smile returned and he assured her he would stay calm. “The whole gang is going out to dinner tonight to celebrate the game, wanna come? It’s John’s birthday too, and Danielle said she wanted to talk to you about some dancing stuff, so y’all can do it over dinner.”

Melanie made an uneasy face.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“I can’t, I have to work from five to nine tonight.”

Justin sighed with frustration, and rolled his eyes. “Okay.”

“I’m sorry, baby, you know I would love to go. I just can’t tonight, and I’ve already taken a lot of days off.” Melanie kissed him on his lips softly and pouted at him. “Don’t be mad at me?”

Justin grinned. “I’ll bring you something back.”

Melanie chuckled. “Okay, you do that.”

Justin wrapped his arm around her waist, and they quickly found seating next to their friends. The two got comfortable, she snuggled into him, as their principal took the stage and told everyone how proud he was of the basketball team. During the latter half of his speech, a large projector screen descended from the ceiling and a video documenting the boys’ year began. It covered everything from street ball week and the friendships with it the team, to the steppers and the hype surrounding the championship game. Next, the principal introduced Coach Robinson, who received a standing ovation from the crowd.

“Thank you,” he said sheepishly, “I’d like to also thank each and every one of you coming out to the banquet today. We’re here to celebrate the achievements of the Boy’s Varsity Basketball team. Today, awards praising the boys’ efforts and abilities will be distributed.” Coach Robinson paused and looked out at everyone as he gathered his next thought. “Well, those of you who have been to these banquets before know that we always try to acknowledge other areas besides a particular sport as well. At every basketball banquet, we have someone that has a talent come up and share with us their talent throughout the duration of the banquet. Remember last year, we had William Swanson, who was a lyricist- he did wonderful poetry.” The coach looked at all of the nodding heads that were reminiscing, and went on. “This year, we found our talent at the last minute….”

Melanie shifted herself when Justin slightly tensed up. She rubbed his stomach lightly, and her eyes slowly drifted closed, but Justin nudged her with her arm and made her wake up.

“Pay attention.” He grinned. “This is important.”

Melanie rolled her eyes and watched the coach as he rambled on stage.

“…Anyway,” he left his tangent, “I had a meeting with Justin the day of the game,” he pointed to Justin and everyone looked at him, including Melanie. “He overheard me on the phone stressing out about finding some type of entertainment. Believe me, these banquets can get monotonous because an award has to be given to everyone. But, anyway, he told me that he knew of some people that could perform and serve as musical acts today…”

The black curtain behind Coach Robinson was pulled apart to reveal instruments within a band. Everyone stared at the piano, the keyboards, the percussion instruments, the guitars, and the microphone stands that were strategically placed on the stage. Justin took his arm from around Melanie and sat up with a nervous sigh.

“What’s going on?” Melanie whispered with slight anxiety.

“….so, Justin will be joined with his friends from California, who came to visit him this weekend. Collectively, they are a band that does covers and re-makes of popular songs. So, without further adieu, please give a warm welcome to Justin and his friends.”

Melanie’s mouth was still open as she clapped, so Justin kissed her cheek and told her to wish him luck. Melanie nodded as she watched Justin, joined with his friends and a couple of people she’d seen around school, take the stage quietly. The auditorium was not quiet, however, as people whispered and looked with curiosity.

“Melanie!” Danielle, who had made her way to the front row whispered loudly, “come down!”

Melanie sat on the right side of Danielle and looked over at Kelice who was sitting on the right side of Danielle.

Melanie grabbed Danielle’s hand and squeezed as she watched Justin take the microphone off of the stand that was toward the edge of the stage. He then picked the stand up and moved it closer to the band. He and Joey looked at each other momentarily, and Joey gave him a warm smile. Justin nodded back at him, and took time to connect with everyone on stage simply by giving them a reassuring look. He was happy that it wasn’t completely silent in the room, for he was afraid that everyone would hear his nervousness even though he was quiet.

Justin cleared his throat before speaking into the microphone. “First, let me say that I know y’all are wondering what the heck I’m doing up here, but what Coach told you is true,” he smiled at Jerome and Mike, who were seated in the front as well, “my friends and I are a band you could say. We don’t have name because…yeah, we just don’t,” he chuckled as did others in the room. “Anyway, I’d like to thank Will, Tommy, Lawrence, Jeff, and Silas. If you guy don’t recognize them, they’re members of the school’s band. Lawrence and Jeff will join Jared over there,” he pointed, “in the horn section. Silas will play guitar, and Will and Tommy are going to be helping Joey with percussion.” Justin then walked over to the piano and keyboards, where JC and Deanna were, and introduced them to everyone. The band began to play soft background music as Justin continued.  “Okay, well we’re going to do two songs, both are by Musiq Soulchild, and then the coach is gonna come back up and hand out some awards I believe. So this first one, is called ‘Who Knows’.”

Justin connected the microphone with the stand again and waited on the band to finish, and when they did, he counted off the song. They performed it the same way they performed the song in California by opening up with Justin’s light, airy falsetto and horns following him. They hit every not perfectly, as though the replacements had been with Joey, Justin, Deanna, Jared, and JC forever. While Justin sang, he kept his eyes closed- for both concentration purposes, and a little bit of fear. A fear that he’d never once encountered, he noted. However, no one could notice the jittering souls on stage because it sounded flawless. Melanie grinned at Justin’s facial expressions. She loved the way his lips curled, eyebrows furrowed and rose, and his hand wiggled. At the crescendo in the bridge, people clapped lightly with appease. As Justin ad-libbed to the end of the song, Deanna and JC sang back up as they played their instruments the same way they’d been doing throughout the whole song-beautifully.

When the song ended, people clapped loudly, and most stood to their feet. Justin had finally opened his eyes to the sound of the applause and smiled with relief. He blew air from his mouth, his lips taking an O form, and pretended to wipe a large amount of sweat off of his brow.

“Thank you,” he announced into the microphone and turned and clapped at his band mates. As his friends switched instruments, changed their sheet music, and situated themselves for the next song, he spoke.

“On Friday, after I’d talked to the coach, it dawned on me that since two of my friends that usually perform with us aren’t here, it would make a noticeable difference in our music. So, luckily, the band was rehearsing on Friday, so I was able to snag these guys over here,” he pointed to Will, Lawrence, Tommy, Jeff, and Silas. We worked like crazy with these guys until game time, and they’re doing wonderful. So, thank y’all,” he addressed the boys.  Justin paced around the stage again, becoming comfortable and informed the audience that they’d be singing another Musiq song, ‘Miss You’. “This song is originally by the Rolling Stones, it has been re-made more than once. So, we’re going to do Musiq’s version.”

Justin placed the mic back on the stand, and counted off the song again. JC and Silas started the song by playing the electric and bass guitar. The keyboard was being played by Deanna, and Joey kept the beat steady with the drums. Justin began the verse calmly and marched in place to the beat. Then Deanna and JC began with back up again. Justin sang the song with his eyes open, and with a more relaxed demeanor. At one point he took the mic off of the stand stepped around the stage, enjoying himself and the music that was made. Happily he clapped, and instructed the audience to do so as well, and they did.

At the end of the song, they received another hearty applause and left the stage so the coach could return. Justin sat back down next to Melanie. He then wiped the slight perspiration that had his forehead glistening off with the small towel that Deanna handed him. Coach Robinson took the stage with a smile, and looked over at Justin and his friends. “I’ll be honest. I was not expecting that! That was great, wasn’t it?” He addressed the audience and they cheered and clapped. “Well I better hurry up, so we can get you all back up here.”

Melanie whispered to Justin, “You did good, baby.”

Justin grabbed her hand and squeezed it. “Thank you.”

“I’m mad at you though.”

Justin looked at her quickly, “Why!”

“Shh!” she hushed his volume, “pay attention to your coach.”

Justin rolled his eyes. “Why are you mad now?” he whispered harshly.

Melanie smirked, “because you didn’t tell me.”

He slowly sat back. “Oh.”

Melanie smiled at him and then stuck her tongue out before turning back to Coach Robinson. She watched the short, chubby black man slid on his reading glasses and open up a manila folder.

“Okay, ‘Most Dedicated Player’, “ he announced. “I think it’s pretty self-explanatory, but this young man is always at every practice…on time, and he has gotten about 10 minutes, maybe a little more, of playing time this whole season!” He chuckled, “but he’s always at the school, and he supports everyone on the team. Thankfully, he’s a Junior so I’ll get to use him next year. The award goes to Kevin Sanders.”

Everyone clapped and the basketball players stood and clapped for their teammate as he happily made his way to the stage. It went the same way every time: a player was announced for an award, flashes from cameras went off, and the basketball team stood and clapped for their teammates. Finally, when four more awards had been distributed, Justin and Deanna took the stage. They sat two stools next to each other and towards the end of the stage. Justin walked over to the guitars and picked up his tan acoustic guitar. Deanna had set up the microphones, and Justin situated himself comfortably with guitar as he sat on the stool.

Deanna spoke up, “this song is by India Aire. It’s called ‘Complicated Melody’, and we hope you like it.”

Deanna started the song, and Justin quickly followed her with the guitar. She sang the first verse slightly higher than it was originally recorded, so that it was more compatible to her range. Their voices harmonized and danced together among everyone silently watching in awe at their sound. Justin sang under her at times, and other times, she sang under him, but as their voices fluctuated over and under each other, it still sounded warm enough to cuddle into. Deanna swayed to Justin’s playing, her water bottle in hand, and looked out to Danielle, who happened to be tearing up. Deanna smiled at her as she sang the song. Justin looked out to Melanie and saw that she was grinning wildly and slightly moving her hands to the beat of the music, so he winked at her when he caught her attention. The two soon concluded the song and were met with loud applause and another standing ovation.

Justin and Deanna simultaneously and meekly said “Thank you,” into the microphone.

The two continued to please their audience with ‘Beautiful Surprise’,” also by India Aire. However, Deanna played guitar and Justin sang the song. He was sure to change any connotations to a male to female, and still sounded wonderful as he did so.

Justin also found that he and Melanie had been playing the staring game throughout the song. When songs as well as the applause ended, the coach took the stage again, completely grinning.

During the thirty minutes that had passed, Justin had sung Brian McKnight’s ‘One Last Cry’, and Melanie cried like a baby. The coach had also given out a slew of awards such as ‘Most Dedicated’, and ‘Most Improved’. It was about 2:30 and nearing the end of the fun-filled banquet, as the coach prepared himself to announce MVP with another long and monotonous speech.

“…Please,” he said and paused for a dramatic flare, “join me in congratulating this year’s MVP, Mr. Damien Ford!”

Melanie blinked and swiftly turned her head to face Justin, but she was met with an empty chair because he was too busy applauding his teammate and apparently, friend. Melanie stared up at him as he clapped and noticed that his jawline was not tight, and his claps did not look to be forced. He looked genuinely happy for Damien, and that pissed Melanie off. Why? Because she didn’t have that type of class. When eased back into his chair, she continued to stare at him-ignoring the beginning of Damien’s speech. Justin slowly turned to look at her, his right eye leading.

“What,” he stated softly.

Melanie rolled her eyes and looked to the stage. “Nothing.”

“No…what?” He persisted.

“You’re not happy,” Melanie shook her head and smirked.

“How do you know?”

“Because I know you, Justin,” she hissed forcefully.

Justin chuckled a bit and paid attention to the peer standing before him.

“…so,” Damien sighed and looked down at the podium. “As much as I would love to take this award, I can’t.” The crowed gasped and some asked why. “I just can’t-I’d feel too guilty. So, with all due respect, coach, I’d like to pass this award to someone else.” Damien looked at his dumfounded coach, and continued. “I don’t deserve this award-there were plenty of times when I was a poor sport. There were also times when I didn’t like having the attention shift from me to someone else, and I was too stubborn to realize that…Justin, didn’t want to steal anything from me. He just wanted to be on the team.”

Justin looked behind him when Damien mentioned his name and scratched his head.

“I know Justin already got the whole ‘All-Around’ ball player and stuff for maintaining a high GPA and what not, and still managing his time, but I really do think he deserves to be called the MVP player more than I do. So,” Damien sighed and looked at Justin, “if it’s okay with you, I’d like you to have this award.”

Justin turned and looked behind him again, and his friends laughed at him.

“I’m talking about you, Justin,” Damien said.

Justin reluctantly rose from his chair and walked toward the stage in the same demeanor. When he reached the stage, Damien outstretched his arms, and enveloped Justin in a hug. Justin pulled away from him and gave him a puzzled look.

“Wow,” he said into the microphone and looked at the plaque. “I guess this is cool, even though it has your name on it,” Justin said and laughed with everyone else. “Hey, man. You didn’t have to do this. But since you did…”Justin laughed, “I just want to say that I appreciate it. And thank you for thinking of me like that-it means a lot,” Justin looked out into the audience, “and thank you to all of the people that supported us by going to the games.”

Everyone clapped when Justin and Damien left the stage, and Coach took the award from Justin in order to change the name on the plaque.

-----**&--------

Melanie sighed as she put her car in park and shut it off. The only thing that stood out in the silence was her voice as she talked to Chasity on her cell phone, and the muffled music that was being played from the inside of her job. Melanie looked at the blue numbers on her clock that told her that in five minutes it would be six o’ clock, the time her shift would start.

“Yeah, Chasity,” Melanie groaned, “I think I love him.”

“Really!” Chasity squealed.

“Yeah,” Melanie whined.

“Why do you sound sad about it?”

Melanie rolled her eyes. “Because I think I’m overreacting. I just think the sex was that good this morning, so I’m a little sprung. Besides, we’ve only been together for-“

“Don’t even start that,” Chasity interrupted, “y’all have been close for a while and you know that. It’s not bad to love Justin. Justin’s a…loveable guy I guess?”

“Ugh! No! I mean he is, but…No. Chasity it wouldn’t work.” Melanie laid her forehead on the steering wheel.

“How do you know it wouldn’t work? I can see you guys staying together after we graduate just because y’all are that close.”

Melanie shook her head furiously against the steering wheel, causing the skin on her forehead to heat. “No, that won’t happen.”

“Tell me why, Ms. Cleo,” Chasity said sarcastically.

“Because…I need to tell you something.”

“Okay what?”

“You are the first person to know. Mama doesn’t even know, okay? So you can’t say shit. And if you do, there goes our friendship.”

“Is it really that serious?” Chasity asked.

“Justin will most likely go to school in LA.”

“I thought you said you liked LA? Couldn’t you just dance-“

“Chasity, let me finish. After graduation, I’m going straight to New York. Before you start, I know. I know you were trying to find somewhere out there in LA to go so we could be closer, but-“

“I hope you have a good reason, Melanie,” Chasity said firmly.

 “I’m going on Mya’s World Tour as a dancer,” Melanie said wearily, hoping her friend wouldn’t be too upset.

Chasity screamed, “Melanie! That is so amazing! I’m so happy for you! You’re going to be so good! I’m coming to see you opening night and- Oh God,” she stopped abruptly.

“What?” Melanie asked frenetically.

“You’re going to break Justin’s heart!”

Melanie smacked her lips and groaned. “Gee, thanks for being optimistic. Look, I need to get inside and get to work. Don’t tell Justin, please? Don’t tell Jerome either! That fool will be the first one to tell him.”

“I won’t tell anyone,” Chasity promised. “Bye, have a nice time at work.”

Melanie hung up her cell phone, turned it off, and threw it next to John’s gift that was sitting on the passenger seat. Wrapping her apron around her waist, she hurried into ‘Bosco’s’ and walked into the chaotic family restaurant. ‘Bosco’s’ was unlike any family restaurant. It was far from the five star restaurant that folded the napkins for it’s customers, but like other restaurants, it had a bar with TVs all around the restaurant. Unlike most restaurants, the waiters and waitresses had some type of dance background, whether it was simply clubbing every weekend. Because of the loud music that was continuously played via a satellite radio, the employees were asked to stay up beat and entertain their customers. Melanie along with other girls that worked the same shift as she, were actual dancers and did choreographed routines when they got breaks from their hectic schedule. The managers, all of whom, Melanie loved and thought were the best because of their easygoing demeanors, would entertain by telling jokes and having contests and what not.

“Hey, mamas!” Patrick, her co-worker said.

Melanie smiled at the tall, skinny black man that was in his twenties. “Hey, Patrick! Long time no see, man!”

Patrick followed Melanie into the back room, where he watched her clock in. “We are crowded tonight.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah, girl,” Patrick informed and then told Melanie that one of the managers, Tim, had to call in more people. “You’ll be working the higher level with me, Devin, Gina, Crystal, and Tate.”

“Okay, is that crowded too?” Melanie said and they walked to the front of the restaurant together.

“Hell yeah.” Patrick shook his head. “There’s a 45 to a 60 minute wait without reservations. Then there’s one party with about 12 people!”

“What?!”

“Yeah, they made reservations about two hours ago.”

Melanie gathered some menus that another co-worker handed her and called the party’s name. When the three girls stood, Melanie led them to their table.

“You guys know that when you come here it’s a party, right?”

The girls laughed and said yes in unison.

Melanie turned and smiled at them as she nodded her head to the beat, and moved a little as she led them to their table. “Here it is!”

Twenty minutes into her shift, Melanie heard her name being sung into the microphone. Melanie looked over to the bar and noticed her manager, Tim, calling her name.

“I need you at the front, sweetie,” he said. “A big party’s waiting.”

Melanie flashed him a smile and a nod and quickly headed to the front desk. The hostess fetched her twelve menus and Melanie examined the clipboard with the different parties on it. Her mouth dropped open and her eyes grew wide. She could barely utter a word, but when menus were placed in front of her, the words poured out.

“Timberlake, party of…twelve?” She questioned loudly and Deanna was the first to notice her.

Deanna’s jaw dropped momentarily and a wide smile replaced her open mouth. She then waved happily, and Melanie slightly brought up her hand and waved discreetly. Melanie opted to avoid eye contact with anyone else in the party and drew her attention to the menus.

“Follow me,” she said and began to lead them through the large restaurant. Melanie then turned to walk backwards and informed them of the restaurant’s standard instructions. “Okay, welcome to Bosco’s,” She began, occasionally looking over her shoulders cautiously, even though her full year of working there had permitted her acute knowledge of the floor. “Just in case any of you are used to the quiet, high-maintenance restaurants, be aware that this is not one of them. At Bosco’s, it’s all about having a good time- it’s always a party here. So if you’re uptight, and don’t know how to let loose…leave.” Melanie smiled at them and stood next to the large vacant table that had a booth seat on one side and chairs on the other.

Once everyone was seated, Melanie placed the menus in front of them. “So, I’m going to be your waitress and as you can see, we’re packed tonight, so I would like to apologize in advance if your food takes awhile. I’ll be back in a few and we’ll talk about drinks.”

With


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki