Gray Dreams by Babymamma787


Number of reviews: 69
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


I got a job at World Footlocker. I start after school today for training. I haven’t told Melanie because I don’t want to her to give me that look. That look that’s like, ‘I told you that you needed a job, I knew you’d get one, I’m glad you got your act together.’ I hate it when she’s right. Trace and I went to the mall on Sunday, after I saw my friends off, and went job hunting. Trace already works at Macy’s, so he was giving me pointers and stuff. Anyway, I walked into Footlocker, looking at shoes at first, but then it hit me that employees have to get some kind of discount so I asked for an application. Luckily, the manager was there at the time, and recognized me. He told me that his son is in the eight grade, plays basketball, and wants to go to Calumet next year. Yeah…so, I got the job. I like the little headsets too.

I tutor Nicole from two to three and have to work from four to eight, Monday-Wednesday and then sometimes over the weekend. I know that Melanie is bound to find out because she practically lives at the mall, but I want to keep it from her as long as possible. Maybe buy her something big and surprise her.

And right now, she’s not helping.

“What are you doing after school?” she asked. We’re supposed to be studying right now. It’s second period, our meanest teacher, and we’re going to get in trouble. Jerome, Melanie, and I have our desks pushed together in this little cluster so we can ‘study’ better.

“Are you talking to me?” I stalled.

“No, I’m talking to the white guy next to you-yes, I’m talking to you.”

Geeze, Melanie. “I have to tutor Nicole.”

“After that,” she continued.

“I need to go somewhere important.” I didn’t lie!

“Oh, and I can’t know or something?”

Of course not! “No, it’s not that big of a deal.”

“But, you just said it was important.”

“Okay!” Jerome saved me. “You guys bicker like

 married people.”

We’re not bickering,” Melanie said.

Yes, we are. “I’m just going to the mall to take care of some business.”

“See,” Melanie smiled. “That’s all you had to say. Besides, Chasity and I have our own business to attend to. Not like I wanted to hang out with you all afternoon.”

Melanie thinks she’s so cool.

------------**-------((---------

She was invading his space. He was making her happy. She was making him unhappy. He squirmed with nervousness and agitation, while she with anxiety. Her arm was around his chair, enclosing him in her lust box. Her thigh was touching his in the close proximity she arranged. His thigh moved away from hers every time they touched. She was staring at the side of his face, and he was staring at the math problem in front of him. Neither of them was concentrating on the task before them.

“Okay,” Justin said lowly, but to him, it felt as though he was yelling because he was tense. “I need you to pay attention to this problem.” He slid the white notebook paper in front of her and gave her back his pencil.

“What am I supposed to be doing?” Nicole asked.

“Your homework is super easy. It’s a repeat of that test you took, but easier. All you’re doing is some quadratics. Just solve the equations-you don’t even have to graph them,” Justin said. He then turned to his own homework for Economics. “Tell me if you need help.”

“Whatever,” Nicole mumbled.

Justin shook his head and sighed as he read the text before him. Suddenly, his phone began to vibrate against the pens and pencils in the front of his bag. He reached inside, pulled out the device and saw that he’d gotten a text message from Melanie that read: Hey, we’re at Target right now. Do you need anything? Justin smiled. She was thinking of him, and Melanie seemed to be on his mind then as well. Justin replied, “Yeah, some socks and gum.”

-------**-----------

“So, do you even know where you’re going to stay while you’re in New York?” Chasity asked as she pushed the red shopping cart behind Melanie.

Melanie shook her head as she looked at the CDs in front of her. “Nope, I think I might room with this one girl, Leslie, we became friends at the audition. She has an apartment over there and said I’m welcome to stay with her.”

“When did she tell you this?”

“Brian, the choreographer, called my cell and told me that the rehearsals were moving to New York about a month ago, and he relayed the message to me then,” Melanie informed and made her way to the men’s section of the store. “I need to get socks for Justin.”

“How cute,” Chasity smiled. “I wish me and Jerome were like that.”

“Y’all could be, if you guys weren’t such busy bodies.”

“It’s not me. It’s mainly Jerome. He has this theory of not getting serious senior year. I mean, I sort of agree with it, but it’s kind of…complicated I guess. It’s hard to not get serious-you should know that,” Chasity grinned.

Melanie pulled the bag of socks off of the rack and threw them in the cart. “Shut up, Chasity.” She continued walking through the store, following the tile that was outlined in red.

“What!” Chasity laughed. “You’re buying him socks!”

“So? I asked him if he wanted anything.” Melanie shrugged.

“But socks are something his mom would buy for him…or a wife or something.”

“Chasity, whatever. Me buying Justin socks is not a big deal.”

“Would you buy me socks if I asked you to?”

Melanie thought a little. “Yeah, maybe.”

“But, I’d have to give you back the money!” Chasity pointed.

“No, they’re just socks. They cost like five dollars. Besides, I’m a working girl.”

Chasity laughed and shook her head. “You’re a girl in love.”

They made their way to the check out, where Melanie threw in a pack of gum. She didn’t tell Chasity who she was buying it for that time.

-----**----

“What if Melanie breaks your heart suddenly?” Nicole said out of the blue.

Justin looked up and at her immediately. “What does that have to do with math?”

“We only have 3 more months of school left,” Nicole pointed out.

“I’m aware of that, but my personal life has nothing to do with you passing a class.” Justin checked his watch and saw that he still had thirty minutes to go.

“You should see what school she wants to go to, Justin,” she continued.

“You should see about that homework.”

“Justin,” Nicole addressed. “Don’t be so defensive. I’m trying to give you some friendly advice.”

“I don’t need your ‘friendly’ advice. When I want it, I’ll ask for it, and most likely it won’t be doing a tutoring session. Get back to work.”

PART TWO

Thursday Afternoon 

Melanie and her mother were both lain across the couches in their living room, and watching Fresh Prince re-runs. It was the first time in a long time that Rhonda was home before five, and they both were enjoying their time spent with each other. Melanie had worked both Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday night, and felt relieved she could lounge and watch TV with her mother.

But, Rhonda’s mind was elsewhere. “Where’s my baby?”

Melanie eyed her curiously. “What baby?”

“Justin.”

Melanie laughed, but stopped when she’d realized that she hadn’t hung out with him in a couple of days. “Come to think of it, I don’t even know.”

“I suggest you call him,” Rhonda said.

“Dang, calm down.”

“That’s my dog. I haven’t seen him in a while.”

Melanie lazily reached over the couch to retrieve the phone off of the base, and the doorbell rang. Rhonda sat up and told Melanie she’d get the door.

“Yeah, you do that,” Melanie ordered playfully, and her mom hit her knee on her way by. Melanie then dialed Justin’s number, but was interrupted when she heard her mother greet someone enthusiastically at the door.

“Put the phone down, baby,” Rhonda called from the doorway.

Melanie rose from the couch and sauntered over to where her mother and Justin were standing. She grinned at him, and he grinned back.

“Melanie was just about to call you, Justin, and I told her to quit trippin’ and give you some space. She’s always worried about somebody,” Rhonda told Justin and winked at her daughter, who was giving her the ‘no-you-didn’t’ face.

Melanie rolled her eyes and walked back to the living room. Justin and Rhonda followed after her. Instead of sitting back down, Rhonda headed for the kitchen and began to prepare dinner.

“You stayin’, Justin?” She called.

“Yes, ma’am,” he answered back.

Justin plopped down next to Melanie with a sigh and looked at her. “Hey, stranger.”

“Hey,” she said and laid back down on her side. Her feet were touching the side of Justin’s thigh. Melanie looked over at him and stared momentarily.

When he caught her, he said, “What?”

“You look like death,” Melanie stated and turned back to the TV.

Justin rose his eyebrows. “It’s good to finally see you too, Melanie.” He slowly rubbed her butt because it was facing him, and looked back up at her.

“So where have you been?” She asked quietly.

“I don’t know, where have you been?”

“Working.”

“Oh, that’s nice,” Justin said pleasantly.

Melanie sat up and looked at him quickly. Justin grinned back at her skeptical face and outstretched his arms. Melanie looked down at his hands as though they’d been dipped in manure, and then back up at him. She shook her head and rose from the couch, causing Justin to follow after her. Justin wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him, push she unclasped his hands and broke from his hold.

“Why are you being like this, babe?” Justin asked.

“I’m not being like anything. I don’t want you to spend every free minute you get with me, but damn!” She threw her hands up. “You haven’t even called me,” she said softly.

“I’m sorry. I’ve been busy, and I thought seeing me enough at school was enough for you.”

Melanie rolled her eyes and plopped down on her bed. “No, Justin. We have one class together, we barely talk in there, and break is fifteen minutes. For the past three days at lunch I’ve been in meetings with teachers and other people to organize stuff for the Pep Squad. You haven’t called me once since Monday.”

Justin stood still at the door for a moment, watching her pout. Slowly, he pushed himself off of the wall and laid down next to her. He placed his arm over the small of her back and led her closer to his body. Melanie then buried her face into his neck.

“I’m sorry, babe, I really am. Please don’t be mad at me,” Justin said softly and rubbed her back.

“I’m not, I just feel a little neglected,” Melanie said quietly.

“Do you think you’re going to be busy tomorrow?” Justin asked.

“No.”

“Well we can go to the movies or something tomorrow-does that sound good?”

Melanie looked up at him and smiled. “Yes.”

The two shared a kiss.

* Saturday (Noon)

“I think she’s on to me, Trace,” Justin said and sat down next to his friend on the bench across from Robinson’s May.

Trace pulled out the cinnabons from the paper bag and handed Justin one. “You haven’t told Melanie you have a job yet?”

Justin shook his head and jammed his fork into the pastry. He unbuttoned the top button of the referee-type polo shirt and scratched his neck. “Nope.”

“Well what’s stopping you, man?” Trace chuckled.

“I don’t even know, man! At first it was a pride thing, but now it’s just…weird. I just don’t want her to think that I’m…”

“That you’re what? There’s nothing for her to think! If I were her, I’d be extremely happy that you’re being responsible.”

Justin took a bite of his cinnamon roll. “Well I feel dumb ‘being responsible’.”

“So it is the pride thing still?” Trace grinned. “Dude, there’s nothing to be ashamed of.”

Justin sighed. “I was really close to telling her last night when she was unbraiding my hair, but I couldn’t. She asked me why I wasn’t going to the competition today.”

“What competition?”

“You know, the cheerleaders are having their competition today, and all the guys and everyone else were gonna carpool over and support them.”

“So, why couldn’t you have just said, ‘I can’t. I have to work.’”

“I just told her I had a lot of things I needed to take care of and she gave me that look.”

“What look?” Trace asked

“That doubtful look.”

“Well, do you have a lot of things to do today?”

“Yeah, actually. I’m getting my hair cut and dyed after I get off, and I have to help Steven move out of my room.”

Trace nodded and changed the subject. “You’re actually going to cut the fro?”

“Yeah,” Justin laughed. “By prom it’s gonna be all gone. I’m cutting about an inch or so, and then I’m gonna put more blonde in.”

Trace finished the last of his cinnamon roll, closed the box back, and sat it down next to him. He pulled up his black slacks, revealing his black dress socks and shoes. “Just tell her, man. Pretty soon she’s going to start thinking you’re cheating on her.”

“Yeah, she was a little upset because we don’t see each other as much.”

“Do you miss her?”

Justin looked at his friend and nodded. “Hell yeah I miss her…I love her, dude.”

Trace sat back in his seat, put his hand to his heart, and gasped. “Did you just say love?”

“Yes. I don’t know how it came so fast, but it’s there and I know it. I didn’t even feel this way with my ex. Whenever I see Melanie and really get to spend time with her, it’s like relief. I feel like everything that’s been bugging me has been put off. Then, we give each other advice and…it’s just great, man. I don’t know how to explain it.”

“But, weren’t you with that other chick for like years?”

“Yeah, and that’s the sad thing.” Justin shook his head and looked at the floor. “With Kelice, it took me forever to finally start feeling for her. For a while I just liked the physical aspect. That love was like when you say ‘I love you’ at the end of the phone conversation because y’all have been going out for a while and you feel like it’s the right thing to say.”

Trace laughed. “It was puppy love then.”

“Yep, puppy love with a lot of mistakes.”

“So, has Melanie told you she loves you back?”

“No, I haven’t even told her how I really feel.”

Trace threw his hands in the air and placed them on Justin’s shoulders. Shaking him, he said, “You have got to stop keeping things from her!”

“Excuse me,” a stranger said, “Justin?”

Justin turned around and was greeted with a middle aged woman and boy who looked to be her son. The little boy was standing next to the bench timidly, and both of his hands were grasped tightly around the handles of his Foot Locker bag.

“Hey,” Justin smiled at him. “I just saw you a couple of minutes ago-how are you?”

The little boy’s mother leaned over and urged the little boy to say something. “He’s trying to be shy now,” she chuckled. “When we walked into the store he pointed and was like, ‘Look, Ma! It’s Justin Timberlake!’”

Everyone laughed, and the little boy spoke up. “Can I have your autograph, Justin?”

Justin smiled. “Sure!”

The woman handed him a paper and a pen, and Justin asked to borrow the little boy’s shoebox to write on.

“What’s your name, dude?” Justin asked.

“Alex,” the boy whispered.

Justin grinned and signed the paper, and handed it back. “You guys have a good day, okay?”

“Thank you,” the mother said. “You have a nice day too, Justin.”

“Look at you,” Trace said. “Mr. Superstar.”

Justin rose from the bench and stood up. “Shut up. I have to get back to work. When are out?”

“At two.”

“Okay, I’ll meet you back here.”

“Later man,” Trace said and turned back in the direction of Robinson’s May, while Justin went back inside Foot Locker.

* PART THREE

Two Days Later (Monday morning)

“Whoa,” Damien said to Justin. “You’re blonde.”

Justin grinned and tucked in his white Oxford shirt. “Not completely.”

Damien laughed, “There’s a tiny bit of brown. You look like a true white boy now.”

Justin shrugged and followed Damien to the level of the school that their lockers occupied. “Hey, did Nicole tell you I’m tutoring her?”

Damien stopped and looked at Justin. He grinned and shook his head. “Nope, she sure didn’t. She just told me she was getting tutored.”

Justin stuck out his bottom lip and slid his thumbs up and down the back of the straps on his back pack. “Well I just thought that you should know.”

Damien waved his hand and stood in front of his locker. “It’s cool, man. Hey, there’s a game tonight at Foster- 6 o’ clock. You think you’d be able to play?”

Justin leaned against the locker next to Damien’s and shook his head. He had to work. “No, I’m going to be tied up until at least eight tonight.”

“For real? That’s too bad…we’ll just find someone else.”

“Is it street ball?”

“You know it,” Damien said and closed his locker.

“Sorry, you know I would if I could, but I can’t.”

“Don’t even worry about it,” Damien laughed. “Hey, what subject are you helping Nicole with?”

“Algebra II. She has a D or something, and she needs to get it up to get into this one school,” Justin said distractedly. Melanie had just entered the hallway.

“Algebra II?” Damien asked dubiously.

Justin, eyes still glued on his girlfriend, nodded his head. “Yeah,” he said dreamily.

Damien furrowed his eyebrows and looked over at Melanie. He then looked back at Justin, who was practically drooling. “Are you sure?”

“Uh huh,” Justin said slowly. He continued to stare at Melanie, who walked through the halls pleasantly and with a smile on her face. Her hair was curled and cascading down the sides of her face, which barely had any make-up covering it for once. “Isn’t she beautiful?” Justin asked Damien.

Damien looked over, still waiting on the answer to his very own question. “Yeah, man.”

Justin snapped his head back around to Damien. “What the fuck are you looking at my girl for, man? I knew you were fuckin’ foul!”

Damien took a step back and looked at Justin as if he were crazy. “What the fuck-“

Justin began to laugh. “I’m just playing, calm down.”

He then left Damien, leaving his question unanswered as well, and headed over to Melanie. Melanie and Chasity were busy talking about something he assumed to be important, judging by the looks on their faces, so he waited on them to finish before making his presence known.

“…So, anyway,” Melanie said to Chasity, oblivious to the fact that Justin was standing behind her, “Brian called me last night and was like-“

Chasity widened her eyes and shook her head, to keep her friend from spilling about her secret in front of Justin.

“What?” Melanie asked.

“Who’s Brian?” Justin asked suddenly.

Melanie whipped around, her hair hitting the side of her face, and her eyes wide. “Oh….heeeyy,” was all she said and patted his arm. She then shrugged her shoulders and smiled, but then she realized the awkwardness of the situation and scrunched up her nose and grunted. Laughing awkwardly, she asked, “Are you playing in the game tonight?”

Justin rolled his eyes, sighed, and leaned against a locker. It was then that Chasity left quietly. “You can’t answer a question with a question.”

“I didn’t, what are you talking about?” Melanie lied.

“Okay, look. Do you know how long I’ve been lying? A long ass time. Don’t lie to me, because I can smell a lie. Who’s Brian?”

“Nobody,” she said quietly and turned to open her locker.

“He’s definitely a somebody if he’s calling you.”

“You don’t even know what I was talking about! You came in the middle of our conversation!”

“That’s why I’m asking you, and keep down your voice please. This is a hallway-it echoes and I don’t want our business floating around,” Justin said calmly.

Melanie rolled her eyes and shook her head. “He’s not important-to you anyway. Don’t worry-I’m not messing around on you. I wouldn’t do that. He’s just part of something that isn’t your business.”

“Fine,” Justin said.

“Fine,” Melanie confirmed and slammed her locker shut. “Are you playing at the park tonight?”

“Nope.”

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t want to,” Justin lied.

“Why is that?”

“It’s not important…to you anyway,” he mimicked. “Don’t worry, I’m not messing around on you. I wouldn’t do that. This is just something that isn’t your business, okay?” Justin feigned a genuine smile.

Melanie crossed her arms over her chest and stared coldly at him. “You wanna know who Brian is?”

“Yes.” Justin smiled.

“He’s a guy in my dance class,” Melanie lied.

“You don’t have any guys in your dance class,” Justin pointed out.

“Yes I do! I believe I know who’s in my class. There are two guys in my dance class as a matter of fact.”

Justin nodded his head slowly. “Okay, so why was he calling you? For homework?” He joked. “Don’t tell me the teacher gives you homework in dance class.”

“He was calling to ask about this one dance studio,” She lied again.

“So, there’s nothing going on?”

“No! He’s probably gay anyway, Justin.”

Silently, Melanie prayed that God would forgive her for lying about Tim, the straight boy in her dance class. Confidently, Justin put his arm around her and began walking toward Jerome and Chasity.

“I trust you, ya know,” he said lowly.

“So what was with the 3rd degree?” Melanie looked up at him.

“I don’t know. I guess I did it to see how you would react.”

Melanie said nothing and smiled at her classmates that greeted her silently. Some looked at she and Justin with satisfied looks on their faces, which made her remember all the times girls would come up to her and gush about how cute she and Justin were. Melanie smiled at the thought because she knew they were cute together.

“We should go take pictures,” Melanie said out of the blue.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah.” She smiled.

“Okay, if you want. Tell me when,” Justin said nonchalantly.

“Not with that blonde in your hair though,” she tried to mumble and grinned.

Justin stopped abruptly and turned to face her, only to look at her sadly. “Baby, you don’t like it?” He said softly.

Melanie winced. “It’s cool. You’re going to get tired of it real soon, though.”

Justin made a face. “How do you know?”

“I know you. You’re going to get tired of waking up and seeing all that.”

Justin laughed. “Stop hating.”

“I’m not!”

“Yes, you are.”

“Am not!”

“Yeah-huh! You’re just mad because you can’t put blonde in your hair and look as fine as I do.” With that, Justin left her alone and in the middle of the hallway. It was then that she realized that he hadn’t even given her a goodbye-see-you-in-second-period kiss as the bell rung. Sadly, she turned on her heels and to the dance room. As she walked with melancholy, people questioned her sadness, but she told them everything was fine, as she didn’t want to look like a sprung little girl sad because her boyfriend hadn’t kissed her. A tug on her arm caused her to step out of her brief sadness and turned to see Justin grinning at her. Melanie smiled back happily, but Justin then got serious.

“Even though you’re hating on my hair…I guess I can still take the time out of my busy day and give you a kiss.”

Melanie giggled and stood on her toes to kiss his soft lips. When they slowly pulled apart, she smiled giddily and he playfully rolled his eyes before leaving her again. He heard her whine at his gesture, so he turned and winked, putting a smile back on her face. ))))

Two Weeks Later

Monday, April 1  6:00 AM

Justin had awoken to the polyphonic sound of his cell phone ringing. He pretended as though he didn’t hear it, however, and threw the covers over his head. The ring stopped and he sighed. The ringing started again and he groaned loudly. Slowly, he slid the cover off of his head and peaked out at his clock.

“What the hell is she calling me for?” Justin said, referring to Melanie who never called him before school, and if it was an emergency, she waited until seven o’ clock. Opening his phone, he grumbled an incoherent, “What.”

Melanie sighed sadly. “I’m sorry, Justin. I can’t do this anymore.”

“Do what?”

“Us, Justin! It’s just not working. I heard about you and Nicole…and now you talk shit about me? I can’t be with some-“

“WHOA! What the hell are you talking about?”

Melanie feigned anger. “Oh, don’t try to play dumb, asshole!”

“What the fuck? I’m not playing dumb! You’re the one being dumb here!”

“Oh, so now I’m dumb?” Melanie asked.

Justin hesitated. “Y-yes!”

“I hate you, Justin,” Melanie said gravely.

“You what?”

“I hate you!” She said slowly.

Justin began to panic. “Am I missing something?”

“Just shut up. I can’t even stand the sound of your voice anymore. We’re over.”

The line then went dead and Justin sat in the darkness silently and bewildered. His mouth hung open and he shook his head slowly, trying to figure out what had just happened. He pinched his arm-he wasn’t dreaming. His phone rang again, and it was Melanie on the other line.

“Yes?” He asked meekly.

“APRIL FOOLS!”

Justin sat infuriated and slightly embarrassed now as he listened to her continuous, hardy laughter.

“That’s nice, Melanie,” He said with a monotone voice.

Melanie’s laughter died down. “You’re so funny, Justin.”

“No,” he said, “You’re obviously the funny one.”

Melanie laughed again. “I’m sorry…I had to. You’re just so…easy.” She laughed again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Two Weeks Later

Why am I so in love with Melanie? At first I thought I was reacting because of the sex, but now it’s obvious that it’s way more than that. We’re only three months into our relationship…technically. But, estimating and counting all of the random hook-ups, I’d say about six months. I had my heart broken before I came here, and I meet her, and she’s practically perfect. 

Well, no. Something’s going on. Something very weird is going on with her. Now, every time I talk about college she gets distant and changes the subject. We’re almost at the end of April, and graduation is coming up fast. They always said that after Spring Break the time flies, but…damn. So, me being the hopeful person I am, ask her about school and where she wants to go.

“I don’t know,” she said quickly. “What do you wanna do this weekend?”

I was thrown off by the quick change of subject. “I don’t know. I probably have to work.”

“Oh yeah…I forgot you work,” She was actually ecstatic when I first told her. She even came and visited me one day.

“How about California?” I asked.

“What about it?”

“Do you want to go to school out there?” I really want to go to school in the same area she is, because I don’t feel like we’ve spent enough time together.

“I don’t know.” She became distant again.

“Well, there are lots of dance opportunities. I’m taking that scholarship to UCLA. Didn’t you say you got a scholarship to a school in California?”

“Yeah…well not exactly. The American Dance Academy sent me a lot of stuff saying they really wanted me to audition.”

“So, you’d probably get in then if you auditioned?” I asked.

“Yeah. But, I don’t want to go there. It’s all musical theatre and stuff,” she said.

So, I began throwing ideas out at her. “How about a CSU, or apply for a UC and then take dance classes on the side? “

“Maybe.”

What does she mean by maybe? I just practically outlined her whole life. She’s bound to land a dancing job…she’s super good and I’m surprised she hasn’t gotten one now, even though she hasn’t been really auditioning or anything.

Melanie’s beginning to stress me out with this growing up stuff. She’s scared to leave her mom, who’s still struggling with her diabetes. Plus, her brother just doesn’t know how to stay out of trouble. All Melanie talks about is the big responsibility we’re going to have. I really don’t think it’s that hard.

My parents are going through a divorce right now. I’m over it. When my mom first told me, I didn’t want to come out of my room, but then I realized what a waste of time it would be if they were to get back together. They’ve both moved on. My dad’s making even more money now, he’s on some other big case with someone famous. I forget who- I think it’s an actor. Whatever. My mom and Robert are talking about moving into a house together, which I think is too soon. But, it won’t matter because I will be living in California. My brothers want to stay in Chicago, though. I’ll miss them, no doubt. I’m probably going to stay with my dad for about a week a so, the longest a month. Or maybe the whole summer, depending on my laziness, but I’m determined to be out of there by the time school starts. Jared needs a roommate, so I might stay with him. He’s going to UCLA too, and he already has an apartment picked out. There’s always JC or Lance. Lance gets boring though, and then JC will always be with Deanna. I could always get my own apartment, too.

When I get back home, my dad has a spot waiting on me at the law firm. I’d basically be his secretary…making anywhere from 10-20 bucks an hour, which is cheap over there. But, since I’m not majoring in Political Science or anything, that’s what he could get me. I’m not complaining.

Anyway, back to Melanie. It’s because of her that I’m late to second period and on my way to the counseling office. I heard through the grapevine that is Melanie and Chasity that Nicole is getting a B in her Algebra II class. No, not because of me, silly goose. Because she doesn’t need help in math. Supposedly, she had a C when I started tutoring her, and not a D. She just doesn’t do her homework and shows up to class when she feels like it- two things that can easily be fixed. Nicole understands that material.  “How do you know this, oh skillful one?” You ask. See, young grasshopper, Nicole would play dumb during tutoring sessions, but then when the test came up, VOILA! She knew the material. 

I walked into the counseling office with a weird skip to my step. This underclassmen girl has a big huge crush on me. Anything I need, I just come in here this period and she hooks it up. The Timbercharm is a great gift, I know. I should sell it.

I rung the little bell that sat on the front counter and waited for my little sweetie pie to come to the front desk. There she is. Her pigtails are swaying as she glides over.

“Hey,” I drug out. I don’t know her name. Is that bad? It just never came up, I guess.

“Hi, Justin!” She greeted perkily.

“I need a favor-“

“Okay! What can I do for’ya?” She smiled, showing me her mouth full of braces.

“I need you to get me a copy of Nicole Willis’ progress report. Or better yet, just her Algebra II grade.”

The girl nodded her head. “Okay, do you want her most recent grade?”

“Can I have the one for the grading period before the current one too?”

“Sure! So I’ll get you last quarter’s and this quarter’s?”

 I nodded my head yes. “Do you want me to come back later, or…”

“Oh you can wait! This will only take a minute,” she reassured.

Nice Girl.

“Justin?” She asked.

“Yeah?”

“What grade is she in?”

“12.” Duh.

 %%%%%%%

I need to tell Justin what’s going on, but I don’t know how. I can’t just be like ‘I can’t go with you to California because I’m going to New York,’ can I? Of course I could, because I’m capable of saying those words, but…it’s scary. He’s going to be so upset! He was just in this same predicament with Kelice last year! I know for a fact, long distance relationships don’t work. But, he’ll understand right? I mean if he loves me like I think he does.

Wait. He hasn’t even told me that he loves me.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki