Gray Dreams by Babymamma787


Number of reviews: 69
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


  “I so don’t want to be here,” Melanie said as Chasity pulled into a parking space in the senior parking lot at Calumet.

Chasity gave her a half grin and squeezed Melanie’s hand before exiting her car. Melanie followed, placed her Starbucks coffee on the roof and gathered her things.

“So, your mom said you can’t go on tour?” Chasity asked.

“Well, this morning she said I could go, but I’d have to let her meet Lisa-I don’t know how I’m going to arrange that one. Plus, I have to go to school everyday until graduation.”

“Well, at least she’s letting you go.”

“Yeah,” Melanie said. “The hard part is coming to this shit hall everyday.”

Chasity laughed and linked her arm with Melanie’s as she led her apathetic friend into the school.

“Coming to school shouldn’t be hard,” Chasity said as they walked through the halls, “seeing as if the woman has you on lock down.”

Melanie smacked her teeth. “I know. She’s picking me up today too. Justin’s going to think I’m even more upset with him. I wanted to go to the mall, see when he had break, and talk to him, but I couldn’t.”

“What was your fight even about?” Chasity asked and chuckled.

“He’s upset because I don’t come to school enough…at least that’s what I got out of his little temper tantrum. I guess he feels neglected or something.”

Chasity shook her head. “Who cares if you’re not on his arm at school? You guys hang out after school.”

Melanie opened her locker. “That’s exactly what I told him! Whatever, I’m over it.”

“No, you know what? Y’all can’t be fighting like this at the end of the school year. Come on,” Chasity grabbed Melanie’s hand and pulled her over to where Justin, Jerome, and Samuel were standing, much to Melanie’s protests. “Leave, please,” Chasity said to Jerome and Samuel.

Justin made a dissatisfied face at both Melanie and Chasity, and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Fix your face,” Chasity said. “You two need to talk.”

With that, Chasity left them alone, Melanie standing awkwardly in front of Justin. “Um,” Melanie stammered, “my mom has me on freakin’ lock down, so we won’t be interacting for a while.”

“What happened?” He asked.

Melanie searched for the right words. “The dean called her and told her about my absences, so she took everything away from me.”

Justin rose his eyebrows and pursed his lips together. “Did she take the car from you?”

“Yep…I got a ride from Chasity.”

“Well, if you ever need me to take you anywhere, just ask.”

“Oh really?” Melanie asked sarcastically. “Why the sudden change of heart?”

“What do you mean?”

Melanie rolled her eyes and shook her head. “You blew up on me yesterday!”

“I can still be civil, can I not?"

She made a dissatisfied noise. “Whatever, Justin. There’s a difference between being civil and fuckin’ two faced. One day you’re upset, the next you’re not.”

“Okay, look. Yes, I did get upset yesterday, but I’m over it. I don’t want to hold a grudge over anything else that’s stupid.  You’re my girlfriend, baby, and I don’t want to be mad over something stupid forever-my mom talked to me about that last night. She made me realize some things.”

“I’m confused.”

Justin grabbed her hands in his and brought them up to his mouth to kiss them-Melanie blushed. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry for just getting mad and leaving-and not being sympathetic to what you’re going through. Will you forgive me?”

Melanie nodded. “And I’m sorry for just being a bitch.”

Justin laughed. “Can we try to not fight anymore?”

“Okay,” she said and smiled.

Justin kissed her forehead and gave her a tight hug.

“Wanna be my date to prom?”

She looked up at him and smiled at his goofy attempt of nervousness. “I’ll think about it,” she joked and sauntered away.

Justin trotted after her. “What do you mean, you’ll think about it? You’re supposed to say yes!”

Melanie turned and looked at him, eyes twinkling. “Why is that?”

“B-because! That’s just what you’re supposed to do!”

Melanie then reached up placed her arms on his shoulders, and allowed him to pull her close. Justin kissed her lips, but she pulled away teasingly and smiled.

“Yeah…I guess I could go with you.” She feigned nonchalance.

Justin grabbed her backside and squeezed. “Good.”

* * *One Week Later (Friday)

“Can I go with Justin to the mall tonight?” Melanie, still grounded, asked her mother.

Rhonda, who was standing behind a chair being occupied by a friend, looked up from the tracks she was laying on her friend’s head. “For what?”

“To look for prom stuff,” Melanie answered.

“Yeah,” she said and looked at the clock that read 6 o’ clock, “be back by ten.”

“It’s a Friday night!” Melanie whined.

“What did I say?” Rhonda rebutted.

Melanie huffed and puffed back to her room, changed her clothes, and approached her mother again. “Where are the car keys?”

“In my purse,” Rhonda said without averting her eyes, “and that’s where they’re staying.”

“I can’t use the car?”

“No, I told you that a long time a go.”

“Why not? Mama…please! It’s just Justin!” Melanie made an agitated noise.

“No. If y’all are going, you need to hurry up.”

“But, I told him I would go pick him up-“

“Yeah, and y’all would go to his house, mess around, loose track of time, rush to the mall, and get back late. I know you too well, Melanie. You’ve done it before.”

Melanie growled loudly and threw her arms up with frustration as she walked over to the phone. “You’re ruining my life!”

“Oh, please. Cut the drama.”

Melanie snatched the phone out of its cradle, dialed Justin’s telephone number, and Steven picked up.

“Domino’s Pizza, how may I help you?” Steven asked.

“Shut up and give the phone to Justin, dork,” Melanie hissed.

“What was that? Pineapple?”

“Steven!” Melanie yelled.

“Hello?” Justin finally answered.

“You’re going to have to come pick me up.”

“Okay, I’ll be over in like twenty minutes.”

Exactly twenty minutes later, the door was being knocked upon. Melanie, happy that Justin was always so prompt, jumped up from the couch and skipped over to the door. Justin greeted her with a genuine smile and walked inside the apartment. The two began kissing and giggling, and Rhonda became agitated, so she loudly cleared her throat, causing Justin and Melanie to pull away.

“She needs to be home by ten,” Rhonda instructed.

“Really?” Justin asked.

“Yeah,” Melanie said and rolled her eyes.

“Okay,” said Justin, “she’ll be here at ten then.”

“Do you need money, Melanie?” Rhonda asked.

Melanie scoffed. “I’m not going to be there long enough to spend any-“

“What did you say?” Rhonda snapped.

“Nothing…let’s go, Justin.”

Once Melanie and Justin were out the door, Justin pulled her close to him and kissed the side of her forehead. “I can’t believe you said that to mama.”

“Shit, ain’t nobody worried about that tramp,” she vented, “she gon’ give me the earliest curfew I’ve ever had in my damn life and then turn around and ask me if I need some money. Hell nah, I don’t want’cho money- that’s why I have a muthafucking job…shit”

Justin chuckled and gave her a hug. “Calm down, babe.”

“No, fuck that. She trippin’ off of stupid shit. I can’t stand bitches.”

Melanie continued to pout on the way over, but Justin had made her laugh a few times and got her mind off of her mom. She was thankful and happy for his accompaniment. But, the fact that he wouldn’t be there in about three weeks scared her, made her even more nervousness, and less willing to tell him. Melanie knew it would be extremely unfair and rude to just leave him in Chicago, but she had contemplated the idea of getting on the plane without his knowledge. She’d figured he’d call and she could just give a simple ‘I got a job in New York dancing,’ but deep down she knew that wasn’t what was best.

--

Jared and I are going to be roommates. He put the down payment on our apartment today, after he received my check. It feels good paying for your own shit. Our complex is only about a 10 minute drive from UCLA, and a 15 minute drive from my dad’s house. So, essentially I could live at home, but I don’t want to and I’m not going to simply because I can.

Yesterday Melanie told me that Chasity’s going to USC, which means we’re going to be rivals.  It was cool though, because she was wearing her SC jacket and I was wearing my UCLA jacket. We just kinda gave each other dirty looks in the hallway. Chasity had a little kick back party at her house to celebrate her acceptance into USC, so Melanie and I swung by for about two hours. We would’ve stayed longer, but Melanie had to be home at ten. She and Chasity were talking to each other one minute, and then bawling their eyes out the next. It was kinda sad, but I didn’t see what the big deal was-we’re all going to be in California, right? Whatever, girls are confusing.

Melanie and I are going to were royal blue to prom. I think we’ll essentially go a little bit darker than that, though. I’m cutting my hair off for prom, and I think I’m going to take this wretched blonde out of my hair tonight and go to school on Monday with some black. We’ll see. I’m not going to tell Melanie that I’m cutting my hair off-she’ll flip because she thinks my hair is this wonderful thing. Whatever, girls are weird.

It’s a Saturday night, and I’m bored with nothing to do. Melanie’s grounded, so I can’t go over to her house and molest her. I don’t feel like driving anywhere anymore. Steven moved out of this room, so I have to walk down the hall to torment him. I could do my homework. No, I don’t think so-that’s what Sunday night’s for.

“Justin! Steven! John!” My mom called. Crap, yet another ‘family meeting’.

I exited the room, and tripped Steven on his way down the hall. He then turned around and flipped me off, while silently calling me a fucker. The kid swears he’s Stifler from American Pie now. My mom and Robert were seated in the living room, so my brothers and I all sat on the couch across from the one they were occupying.

“So,” my mom said and smiled at me, “Justin, when are you leaving?”

Damn, she really wants me out the house that bad? “What do you mean?”

“Well, you graduate on the 16th of June right? I just want to know if you plan on leaving that same week,” she said.

“Yeah, most likely.” I’m thinking about that Saturday. I’m not in a hurry or anything, I just really want to go back home…fast. “Probably Saturday.”

“Why so soon?” Robert asked.

“Because, I already have an apartment and I want to start settling in.”

“You’re not staying with dad?” Steven asked.

I shook my head quickly. “Heck no. It’s bad enough I’m going to be working for him.”

“You are?” John asked.

“Yeah, I’m going to be one of his secretaries. I follow him around and everything, write down what happens in the meetings, schedule appointments-stuff like that,” I said.

“That’s a lot of work,” Robert pointed out.

“Yeah, but for 16-20 dollars an hour it’s worth it.”

“Are you even going to have time for that, Justin?” My mom asked.

“Yeah, dad said he’d work around my schedule. But basically, it’ll be school, work, and basketball everyday. I won’t have much time for anything else.”

“Monday I need you to pick Steven up from practice,” mom ordered. “I’m working late.”

Steven plays baseball for his school. Their practices go from three to six and I have to start work at four. “I have to work Monday night. Have Robert do it,” I said.

“Hey, I have a life too, Justin,” Robert said. I don’t know who he’s coppin’ attitude with. “I don’t get off until 7.”

“I know that,” Lynn stated.

“Well, I guess you’ll be takin’ the train, little man.” I laughed.

“No!” Steven protested. “I’ll get mauled!”

“Oh shut up.” Such a drama king he is.

“I can get a ride from someone,” Steven announced.

“Well figure out something, Steven. Anyway, boys, the reason I called you all out here is because your dad wants you two to visit him.”

“When?” John asked.

“He wants you to stay for the summer,” she answered. “You guys can go back with Justin.”

“You’re not coming, mommy?” John asked.

“No, I have to hold the fort down over here.”

“Don’t worry,” Robert chimed in, “I’ll help.”

Unfortunately.

---(One Week Later) Monday, May 31st   There are 5 more days until prom. Chasity and I went and bought our shoes yesterday, and stopped at World Footlocker to get Jerome a birthday present. Justin was working that day, so we got a nice discount. I must say, my baby looks fine in his little uniform. Especially, with his black hair and his bright blue eyes, and the way he looks talking into his headset….anyway.

(Flashback)

Chasity and Melanie laughed their way into World Footlocker, Justin’s job, and Chasity looked for Jerome’s birthday present while Melanie looked for her boyfriend. Another employee, clad in the black and white referee shirt and black pants, greeted them upon their entrance and offered assistance.

“We’re just looking right now,” Chasity replied with a cool demeanor. “Thanks, though.”

With that, he walked away and to the other side of the huge shoe store. Melanie and Chasity then browsed the wide selection of shoes.

“I think I’m going to get some shoes myself,” Melanie announced. “So, I’ll be in the women’s section.”

Chasity distractedly nodded her head and paid no attention to her wandering friend. Melanie perused the shirt and hat section before finally making it over to an adorable pair of pink and gray Nike tennis shoes. She pulled the shoe off of the rack, and looked at it up close before eyeing the 80 dollar price tag. Deciding to look at other shoes, she put that shoe back and continued her search.

Justin tiredly walked out of the storage room with a box of shoes for a young boy. He put on a fake and happy attitude although he was stressed out because there were a lot of people in the store, and not enough employees, so he felt like a chicken running around with his head cut off. He glanced across the store and saw Raymond calling more people in, and felt a little bit of relief. Justin helped a customer try on the shoes and waited for him to make his decision. Once the boy settled on the shoes before him, Justin led him to the register. On his way to the center of the store, he noticed a familiar person. As he rung up the shoes, he saw the side of Melanie’s face and grinned. Instinctively, he then scanned the store for Chasity, and found her on the other side of the store shortly.

“Have a good day,” He said to his customer, and handed him the bag.

As the boy smiled and walked away, Justin walked away from the counter and over to Melanie. Slowly he crept up behind her and said, “Can I help you with anything?”

Melanie smiled suddenly and turned to face him. “I would kiss you, but you’re working.”

“Yeah,” Justin stated and smiled. “What are you doing here?”

“Helping Chasity pick out something for Jerome.”

“In the lady’s section?” Justin rose his eyebrows.

“Well…I was getting something for myself too, nosey.”

Justin rose a finger, signaling that he would interrupt their conversation due to someone beckoning him through his headset.

“Hey, I have to go back to the storage room…I’ll be right back.”

With Justin’s help, we ended up buying Jerome a pair of black and gray Nike Dunks. I rode in with Justin this morning, because my mother has the car. I’m not on punishment anymore, thankfully, but she has threatened to tell Justin numerous times. I’m nervous every time he calls the house and she picks up because I know they talk.

Justin and I are wearing two different shades of red. My dress is going to mainly be maroon and then have bright red accents and stuff, like the bottom layer. Then, Justin’s going to have on maroon or something- he hasn’t decided. He wants to match, but I told him to just wear black or something because he’d have to make sure he could really pull that color off…we’ll see.

Justin’s friends’ prom was last Saturday, and he wanted to go to California for their graduation, but our prom is this Saturday, which is when they graduate. He was kind of bummed about it, but then he remembered that he’d be seeing them in about two weeks so he didn’t care much after that. I still haven’t told him about my going to New York. I’m surprised my mother hasn’t said anything to him, but then again, he hasn’t been calling because I’m still on lock down.

Mama says I’m free the Friday before prom, which is fine I guess. After prom, that next week the Seniors only have to go to school from Monday to Wednesday to take our finals, and then we’re done. We don’t have to go back until the next Wednesday for graduation! Graduation is such a scary thing- it’s like I have to grow up. I talk to Lisa about New York almost every day, and we already have my first day there planned out-she’s cool peoples. She and my mom finally talked, and she approves now, thank God. It’s weird though, cause last night we were watching BET and she got all teary eyed talkin’ bout ‘My baby’s gonna be on TV!’

Chasity says I should tell Justin after prom that I’m going to New York, but I don’t want to because then he’ll be pissed off during finals and he doesn’t need that stress. I don’t want to tell him before prom, because…hello, it’s prom, which means happy times. Honestly, I’m surprised he hasn’t figured it out yet. We don’t talk as much as we used to outside of school because we both have jobs, which we both put our two weeks’ notice in, so we don’t really talk about post-graduation. I think he thinks I’m going to a community college out there, and dancing on the side because Chasity opened her big mouth….

(Flashback)

Melanie, Chasity, Justin, Jerome, and others were seated at their usual table in the cafeteria. As usual, Samuel was yelling out jokes, and Leroy was shooting them down, while the rest just watched with amused expressions. The boys frequently switched from joking to sports, and whose school was going to get the farthest in the league during college basketball season. Leroy was going to Texas Tech, Damien was going to Michigan State, Justin was going to UCLA, Jerome was going to North Carolina Univ., Samuel was going to Georgia Tech, and Mike was going to the University of Miami.

“First of all,” Jerome said. “Miami sucks, Mike. It’s all about NCU.”

“Man, whatever,” Mike waved his hand, “You’re just mad cause Miami didn’t want your sorry ass.” Everyone at the table oohed. “And the people at NCU have to be slow to PAY you to play for them.”

“Screw you, man. I’ll be seeing you, and then I’m gonna dunk on your big ass head.”

“Nigga, like you can reach the rim,” Mike spat back.

Justin laughed loudly and hit the table. Jerome snapped his head at Justin and looked him up and down contemptuously.

“You think that’s funny, Justin?” Jerome asked.

Justin inhaled sharply and masked a straight face. “What?” he asked with fake innocence, “no, never.”

“Chill out, Jerome, “Damien said calmly. “We’re just stating the truth.”

“Hey, hey, hey, “Jerome said, “State these nuts, nigga.”

Everybody, including the girls laughed at that one.

Chasity patted Jerome’s shoulder and gave him a side hug. “It’s okay, baby. They not ready for you.”

“I know, man, I know.”

Justin rolled his eyes at Chasity. “Shut up, Chasity. USC is like the worst school ever. I bet you somebody will get shot the first week.”

“No,” Samuel interjected, “Chasity and Melanie will look out for each other.”

Melanie furrowed her eyebrows and glanced at Chasity quickly and fearfully. “Uh…I’m not going to her school, so I won’t be able to look out for-“

“But, you are going to be my roommate,” Chasity said quickly and received a questioning glance from Melanie.

Justin shook his head. “I thought you said you were staying on campus.”

“Oh, yeah,” Chasity remembered, “but my mom and dad are getting me one of those apartments close by, and are going to help me with my first couple months of rent.”

Justin nodded. “That’s cool.”

“Yeah,” Chasity sighed, and looked at Melanie who was busily eating.

“So,” Leroy drug, “that means you, Melanie, and Chasity will be in California, Justin. That’s tight, man.”

Justin grinned happily. “Yes indeed.”

&*&&*&

I’m still mad at the wench for lying to everyone, but hey, I probably would’ve just started stammering like an idiot. I’ve decided I will tell Justin after finals, which will give us a whole week to…I don’t know what will happen. But, by graduation he’ll know. For now though, I’m acting like the happiest girl in the world.

*

“Hey sexy,” Justin said casually to Melanie as she neared her locker.

She shot him a look that showed she wasn’t interested, but he knew better. “Must you stalk me and wait by my locker every morning, Justin?”

Justin grinned and helped her take off her book bag. “Well, when you put it like that you make it sound as though it’s a bad thing, and you don’t like it.”

“Oh, and how do you know I do like it?” Melanie challenged and opened her locker, blocking his happy face.

“Because I can tell. I know you think at me on your way to school. Admit it: You’d be lost if I wasn’t here waiting for you.”

“Maybe, but what happens one day when I decide to not stop at my locker?” Melanie smirked.

“I will be extremely sad.”

Justin then put his hand over his heart and made a sad face. Melanie rolled her eyes, shut her locker and began to walk away, but Justin pulled her back into him and smothered her in kisses. Melanie kissed him back, contradicting her frequent objections to public displays of affection. She didn’t feel it was best to push him away now when she’d been pushing him far away after they graduated. Some of their classmates walked by and whistled, while others went so far as to pat Justin on the back.

Nicole walked past them and mumbled, “Get a room.”

Melanie pulled away from Justin then and rebutted with, “Get a hot comb.”

Justin laughed, but Nicole obviously didn’t find it funny when she turned around and walked closer to Melanie, asking her to repeat what she had just said. Immediately a crowd formed.

“You heard me,” Melanie hissed, “I didn’t stutter.”

“I can’t wait ‘til we get outta school. Then I can beat your punk ass and not have to worry about getting in trouble.”

“Oh bitch please. If you were so tough, you’d be able to ‘beat my punk ass’ and get away with it too,” Melanie added.

Justin grabbed Melanie’s arm and pulled her lightly. “Babe, don’t do this. She’s not worth it.”

“Oh shut up, Justin,” Nicole spat and walked closer to Melanie until she was about a foot away. “This is none of your damn business.”

Justin pushed himself off of the lockers behind him, walked in between the two scowling girls, and faced Nicole. “Yeah, well I’m making it my damn business. Step off, “he ordered lowly.

Nicole smirked sarcastically. “Am I supposed to be scared?” She mocked, “What are you gonna do? Hit me?”

“Would you like find out?” Justin asked and inched his face closer to hers.

Nicole suddenly backed up and walked away, still letting that sour glare rest on her face. Justin turned around and escorted Melanie from the crowd that had gathered. Melanie looked up at her boyfriend suspiciously and wondered.

“You weren’t really going to hit her were you?”

“Why?”

“Cause if you would’ve that wouldn’t have been cool at all.”

Justin chuckled. “The only thing on a girl that I’ll smack is her ass.”

Melanie pushed his side playfully, and Justin retaliated by yanking her to his side and putting his arm around her shoulders before planting a loud, sloppy kiss on her forehead. They had reached his locker now and his was Melanie’s turn to have her back to the steel, and Justin’s turn to lean against her.

“How ‘bout you let me take you home after school today, instead of Chasity,” Justin offered.

“What’s wrong with Chasity?”

“Nothing, it’s just that y’all have been kicking it everyday, and I’m the one who gets neglected.”

Melanie rolled her eyes. “No one is neglecting you. I’m still on punishment-Chasity drops me right off.”

“Do you really expect me to believe that?” Justin asked and placed his Economics book in her hands.

“Okay, every so often, we stop and get something to eat…but that’s it, I promise. Mama just doesn’t want me going home with you because when I’m on punishment that means no boys.”

“But, what trouble could we possibly get in?”

“A lot, Justin. For instance, we never went straight home from school. We always went to a restaurant, the pier, downtown or…”

“To the bedroom to have sex,” Justin daydreamed.

Melanie nodded her head in agreement. “Or to the bedroom to have sex. All that stuff is what my mom doesn’t what happening.”

“Why?!”

“Because, Justin, that would be having fun and fun isn’t allowed when you’re grounded.”

“Yeah, well neither is sexual deprivation. Why are you grounded anyway?”

Melanie froze for a split second. “Uh…because my mom got a call from the principle asking why I was cutting class. I thought I told you?”

“Oh…yeah, I think you did. Whatever, she needs to get over it now,” he whined and took his textbook back.

“Well, why don’t you talk to her?”

“Hell no!”

“I thought y’all were cool!”

“We are…like the other side of the pillow, but I don’t want her to think I’m trying to tell her how to raise her child,” Justin explained. “Besides,” he said before closing his locker and pulling her close again, “this little restriction is like a little scratch.”

Melanie furrowed her eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

“Well, it’s not like we’re never going to see each other again after this, right? We’ll be in the same freaking area code soon. Well…I don’t know for sure about that cause LA has like seven. But, you know what I mean.”

Melanie smiled and avoided his piercing eyes. “Yeah, no worries. Hey, I gotta get to class.” She pulled away quickly and blew him a kiss.

Justin suddenly was struck dumb as to why she was leaving him so quickly. As he watched her weave in and out through her peers, he called, “We still have like ten minutes!”

She turned and smiled. “You know I like to get there early.”

Justin made a face, and when she was out of sight, he said to himself, “since when?”

&&&

WEDNESDAY

Justin walked under the banner that advertised the days left until prom, and into his third period English class. His classmates were talking loudly and visiting their friends, which was unusual knowing what a hard-ass Mrs. Owens could be sometimes. But, then as he looked to the back of the classroom, where her desk was, he noticed it was vacant. Samuel sat next to Justin when he finally slid into his seat.

“Hey, dog, there’s gonna be a pre-prom party at my place, so come on over like Nelly and Jahiem,” Samuel joked.

Justin gave him a straight face and said, “you know you were wrong for that.”

They both laughed afterwards and Justin asked where their teacher was.

“She got sick at the end of last period, and they’re trying to get us a sub right now.”

“Oh, hey,” Justin remembered, “my dad said it’s cool about the limo thing. So, since we’re all going to be at your house we can just have the limo pick us up from there or something.”

“For real? Tell your pops we said thanks, man! So how much should we pay you?” Samuel asked.

“Nothing, man, it’s on him.”

“Are you serious!”

“Yeah, we’ll probably just tip the driver and that’s it,” Justin explained nonchalantly.

“Cool, cool! So what kind is it gonna be?”

“He says he got the Hummer stretch, but I don’t believe him. He always tries to say stuff like that to hype himself up, so I think he just got an Excursion limo.”

“That’s still tight, man!” Samuel exclaimed.

“It’s not as spacious though. But whatever, it’s cool. I don’t want everybody and their mom up in there, though,” He warned.

“Oh yeah, fa’sho. Look, this is who I was thinkin’: you, Jerome, Damien, Mike, Leroy, Trevante, our dates, and me.”

“I want Trace in with us too,” Justin said. “So that will be 14 people.”

“How many does the Excursion hold?” Samuel said.

“14 exactly, so I’m gonna call my dad and tell him that we want the Hummer for real.”

“How many can fit in the Hummer?”

“22.”

Samuel smacked his lips. “We don’t need to be spending your dad’s money like that, man. Besides that’s a lot of extra space.”

“Do you know how uncomfortable it is to be squished in a limo? Besides, it doesn’t matter which one. My dad rides around in a regular stretch all the time, and my friend Lance’s dad will hook us up, cause he rides in Hummers for like half price.”

Samuel put his hands up in defeat and grinned. “Whatever- handle that, pimpin’.”

Justin popped his collar playfully and smiled. “I got this.”

&&

“Mama! Look at my dress!” Melanie exclaimed as she entered her mom’s shop.

Rhonda looked up from a bowl in which she was washing a head and motioned for Melanie and Chasity to take a seat on the couch. Once Rhonda finished rinsing the hair, and leading the lady to the dryers, she asked her daughter to hand her the dress inside the plastic cover.

“Aw, this turned out really nice. Did she get all your measurements right?”

“Yeah, it fit really good,” Melanie reassured.

“Go put it on, and come back out here and model it.”

“Mama, it’s going to look weird. My hair’s all messy, and I have on tennis shoes. Plus, there’s hair all on the floor.”

“Girl, please.” Rhonda waved her hand and took a seat in her chair. “Just go try it on, and pick it up so it won’t drag.”

Melanie did as she was told and within a few minutes, she walked past everyone in the shop and over to her mother. When she reached her, she spun around and let her mother examine the red dress carefully.

“You don’t think it’s too skimpy?” Chasity asked.

“No,” Rhonda chuckled, “I saw the design before Melanie had gotten it made.”

“Damn, I wish my mom would let me wear something like that.”

“Chasity, it’s not that bad, “ Melanie said whimsically.

“Melanie, it’s gorgeous, but I can see the whole space in between your boobs, and where they start to curve. Plus the open space in the back is right above your butt crack.”

“And?” Melanie asked.

“All I’m saying is, Justin’s going to have to make sure no one puts their hands on you. Cause perverts, and haters will be there,” Chasity explained.

Melanie gazed at the mirror and looked at the sexy red dress on her body. It was had a halter top style, and the front draped down low. Her back was completely exposed, the satin fabric covering right above her bottom, just as Chasity had described. Her red rhinestones would sparkle through the small slit that went up her right leg and stopped at her knee.

“I’m going to have to keep Justin’s hands off of me,” she said to herself and then smiled.  


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki