Gray Dreams by Babymamma787


Number of reviews: 69
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


CHAPTER 45Saturday, Graduation Day -11:00 AM- When you talk to her, talk to her like you want somebody to talk to ya mamaDon’t get smart with her, have a heart to heart with her, just like you would with your daughterCause everything you do or say You gotta live with it everydayShe somebody’s baby, she’s somebody’s sister, she’s somebody’s mama

Justin opened the front door to his house, to see Melanie standing there twiddling her thumbs. He’d called about an hour ago and left a message on her phone, asking her to come over, but he didn’t think she’d show. He was happily surprised, and invited her inside. The two walked past the living room, where Jon and Steven were watching TV, and Melanie said a quick hello to them both. As they walked down the hallway that would lead to Justin’s room, Lynn walked out of her own room.

“Oh hi, Melanie,” she said happily, though she knew about what was going on.

“Hi, Lynn, how are you?”

“I’m really good, thank you. Happy that y’all are graduating?” Lynn asked.

“Duh, mom,” Justin said.

 

Lynn laughed and told the two she’d be in the kitchen if they needed her. Justin opened the door to his room and stepped over all the things that were on the floor. Melanie looked at the clothes that were sprawled across the bed, along with the open suitcase that was sitting next to the bed. She stepped over the unplugged X-box and the games that were piled on top of it. The closet was wide open and the only thing inside was an over-abundance of hangers, two basketballs, and a really large blue duffel bag. Things were completely off of the shelves, except for the trophies that she could tell had already begun to be placed in their boxes, judging by the newspapers that covered some of them.

“Sorry about the mess, I’m in the middle of packing and organizing.”

Melanie said nothing, so he pulled out a wooden chair from under a pile of clothes and set it next to her. She eased into the chair nervously, and he plopped into his computer chair.

“I’m sorry about last night,” Melanie broke the silence. It sort of scared them both because of the tense silence that existed. “I shouldn’t have hung up on you like that.”

“Yeah…I’m over it,” he grinned, “I thought that I should talk to you so that we could get some type of closure.” He then paused, not waiting on her to say anything, though -just so that he could collect his own thoughts. The truth was he was still really emotional, but was trying his best to suppress it somewhat.

Now when you go to herSpeak truthfully, honest as you can be from your heartYou’re in a situation where you’re loosing patience Take your time, and look her in her eyeWhen you just can’t find the words you want And it’s hard to reach a point where you both can understand,Don’t just tell the truth, but tell the whole truth It’ll make a better man out of you

Finally, he continued, “Uh…I want you to know that I do support you, no matter how hot I got the other day. And I am happy for you-I really am.”

“Thank you, that means a lot.”

Justin became quiet again, pensive as well. He cursed himself for not rehearsing before she came over.

Melanie spoke. “I’m sorry that I hurt you, Justin. As unbelievable as this is, I didn’t want it to end up this way.”

“How did you want to end up?”

“I don’t know…for one, I was hoping rehearsals would be in LA- it seemed like the obvious. I really planned on continuing our relationship, but…”

Justin looked down at his feet and rubbed his head. “Shit happens,” he said lowly. “I mean, it’s obvious that since you’re going to be in New York that…”

“Yeah,” she said softly.

Melanie knew what he was saying, and he knew that she knew what he was trying to say-neither of them wanted to hear the actual words though. As painful as it was, they were over.

“So are you excited?” Justin asked.

“Um…I’m scared as hell to tell you the truth. Lisa says I shouldn’t be because she’ll be there when I get off the plane, but it’s still scary,” Melanie confessed.

“Yeah…moving to a big city is a scary experience. But, just think of it like a busier version of downtown Chicago. New York’s no different than LA and Chicago- just another major city. It’s really fun though, cause there’s always something to do, never fails. In the summer if you get free time, y’all should go to Jersey Shore- I think it’s only a couple hours away. Then you have the Garment district, Manhattan, Brooklyn….so much stuff.”

Melanie laughed. “So, I take it you’ve been.”

Justin chuckled as well. “Yeah, more than once, my uncle has an apartment in Manhattan I think it is. Anyway, it’s called the Ivy Tower, and I spent the summer up there a couple of times. Then there were times where the family would go during the holidays and stuff.”

“Sounds fun.”

“Yeah, it was while it lasted.”

“I don’t even think I’m going to have enough time to enjoy the city though, because I’ll be dancing so much. Then, I’ll be too damn tired to go out and do anything.”

“No,” Justin laughed, “trust me, you’ll find something to do. I bet you the first night you get there, you and all the other girls will have on your little hooker heels and shit, prancing around.”

“Yeah, we probably will hit up a club or something,” Melanie admitted and laughed.

“See, I know you.”

“Yeah…it’s almost scary.”

Melanie then stood from the chair, and stretched as well. Justin watched as she did so, carefully remembering even the little things she did that made him smile. Like when she always had to stand on her toes to get a full stretch, no matter what position she was in, and how she always yawned after every stretch, and when she yawned she always made a noise.

After stretching, she looked at him and grinned, but her grin had a sad undertone to it. Her eyes began to water-everything was ending, she was graduating and they would both be settled and on opposite sides of the country within a week.

“I gotta go now, milky,” she said softly with affection. “I’m supposed to be doing Chasity’s hair.”

Justin stood and nodded his head. “I walk you to the car.”

With that, they left his cluttered room and headed to the front of the house. Once outside, Melanie reached in the open window of her car, and handed him her yearbook. “I left a page for you in the back. I have yours too.”

“Yeah? Good, cause I was looking for it. Hopefully no one signed on your page. I wrote a little note on the top.”

Melanie laughed. “You didn’t know who had you yearbook?”

“Hell no. The day we got them, I passed it around, and sometimes I wouldn’t see it until the end of the day, or the next day. But recently, I haven’t seen it.”

“Yeah, some girl gave it to me. It was really random. I didn’t even know her.”

Justin laughed hard. “I’m probably gonna have some crazy ass notes from psycho bitches that I don’t even know, man.”

Melanie laughed with him and said, “that’s what you get for being so damn popular.”

“I guess.”

“Alright,” Melanie announced, and began her way to the driver’s side of the car. Justin beat her to the door, and opened it for her. She smiled and thanked him after he closed the door.

“So I’ll see you tonight.”

“Yeah…Happy graduation!” She said and laughed.

“Are you going to the party?”

“What party? Who’s having a party?”

Justin rolled his eyes. “Who do you think is having a party? Who always has parties for every occasion?”

“Oh…” she laughed, “Samuel?”

“DUH!”

Melanie scoffed jokingly. “Like, ohmygod! Geeze, I like totally didn’t know!”

“Gosh!” Justin played along and rolled his eyes, “You’re seriously slacking, girlfriend! You need to like be more you know, perceptive or whatever.”

“Ugh. Whatever. I’m like so totally over that stage in my life. I mean, like, who has graduation parties anymore? That’s like soooo last year!”

Justin rolled his eyes and shook his head. “You’re just saying that because you think you’re all cool because you’re gonna be on like MTV and stuff. Just because you’re gonna blow up and be this big choreographer, and I’m going to be reading about you in CosmoGirl! Doesn’t mean you can just like totally walk around like you’re famous already!”

Melanie burst with laughter. “CosmoGirl? Where did that come from?”

Justin shrugged and laughed. They both finally sobered up and sighed. “So are you going or what, yo?”

“Probably not, yo.”

“Why not, yo?”

Melanie laughed. “Stop saying yo!”

“No! That’s my word, yo! So, why aren’t you coming?” He paused and whispered, “everyone’s gonna be there.”

Melanie smiled. “Nice peer pressure, but I can’t. I have to be at the airport early, and all’y’all bitches better be there to see me off…yo.”

“Oh, for sure, yo, I got’cha back.” He then fisted his hand, hit his chest fast twice, and flashed her a sideways peace sign.

“I still have to finish packing too.”

“See…now, you should’ve had that shit done. Procrastination isn’t sexy, not even when I do it.”

Melanie shook her head and rolled her eyes before starting the car. “Have fun, and don’t drink!”

Justin just smiled and waved as she backed out of the driveway and into the street. Once she was gone, he stood there momentarily thinking about how hard it would be watching her leave on an airplane. It already hurt enough as she left his house.

The front door opened, and Lynn stepped out onto the porch. She shielded her eyes from the sun as she walked over toward her heartbroken sun, who was standing in the middle of the driveway in deep though. When she tapped his shoulder, he jumped a little.

“I made tacos, why don’t you go eat some?” She said softly.

“Mom, I haven’t even had my cereal yet.”

“Well, it’s almost noon, Justin,” she chuckled, “you missed breakfast-time for lunch.” Lynn then turned and head back into the house while her son slowly followed.

“I hope those aren’t going to give me gas, mom. The last thing I need is to fart as I walk across the stage.”

 

Lynn laughed loudly and shook her head when they entered the house. Justin followed her into the kitchen, sat down, and waited for her to place the tacos in a plate. When she did, she brought a plate for her, and one for him and sat down across from him.

“Oh no,” Justin said lowly.

“What?”

“One of those talks. It’s coming, isn’t it?”

 

Lynn smiled. “Yes, it is. So, tell me how you’re feeling.”

“Uh…you know, the usual…like shit.” He didn’t look up at her. Instead, he found interest in the pages of Melanie’s yearbook.

Justin flipped through and looked at all the pages that had been marked up with writing. Even the pages with pictures illustrating it had notes scribbled in the margins. Certain pictures were crossed out with phrases next to them such as, “my picture’s bad-don’t look”.  He came across Damien’s note and curiously read what he had to say.

Babygirl, I hope your career takes off and I wish you the best of luck. You’re going to be great- and don’t forget to shout me out on videos and shit. Even though we went through tough times, I’m glad we can still at least be civil. You’re one of my best friends- I’m sad to see you go because we’ve known each other since grade school. Remember in 4th grade when you freed the mice Mr. Bowers was keeping for his snake? That was great-he was so mad and you were telling him how horrible of a guy he was for feeding mice to a snake. That year had to have been the best- it was me, you, Jerome, Chasity, and Mike. We got into so much trouble…our little secret club in 5th grade. I remember hazing Samuel when he wanted to join. I’ll remember things like that, cause that was before the drama that is high school began. Anyway, don’t become a stranger. You and Justin should take a break from molesting each other every once in a while and visit me!

–Damien

“You’re going to see Melanie off tomorrow, right?” Lynn asked.

“Yeah, it depends on how much I party tonight though,” Justin said nonchalantly.

He continued to scan notes, and came across Victoria’s, and under that one was Jerome’s.  

Melanie,

Do you’ve realize we’ve been around each other-getting on each others’ nerves since Junior High? Remember cheerleading together? I have to admit, when you quit cheer and started the step squad that I was really nervous. I didn’t want you taking my place. I guess that’s why I was such a bitch to you. But, I’m glad we’re over that now, and thanks for letting us join with you guys! I’m going to Miami, Florida! I’m really scared, but during the summer I’m going to audition for the Heat’s dance team. Hopefully, I’ll get it. I’m enrolled at the University of Miami, so if I don’t get in, I’ll be going to school out there. I doubt I’ll stay though. I read what you wrote in my book about New York-THAT IS SO COOL! I’m going to watch you when you’re on TV, so make sure you call me and let me know. I knew you’d make it in the business-you were born for it. Anyway, I love you, congratulations, and good luck! Keep in touch!

– Victoria

“Don’t do anything stupid, Justin,” Lynn warned.

“I won’t, don’t worry so much.”

“It’s hard not to worry about you, Justin. You’ve changed so much since we moved, and now you’re going right back to all of the shit.”

“Oh, geeze, mom I can handle myself. Besides, I’ll be too busy behind a computer in a little office, playing basketball, or in class to do anything drastic.”

“I hope you’re right,” Lynn said, “are you coming to see me during Christmas?”

“Of course,” Justin said and moved to the next note.

Lil’Sis…

You know I’m mad about what you did to my boy. You broke his heart, but I still love you. I’m going to miss you SO MUCH. It’s like our life just…ended or something. I don’t mean to be melodramatic, but I’m loosing a big part of me. I’m happy that you’ll be doing your thing in NY. Don’t be afraid to call me-I’ll be waiting. When you and Mya hit North Carolina, you need to visit me. I will definitely see you at Christmas in Chicago though! I’m gonna end this, because I’m too lazy to write all the stuff I really want to say to you. You know how I do! I love you, and will miss you-

Jerome

 Graduation

The tassels were moved from the right to the left side of the burgundy and blue hats that were later thrown into the air. Cheering erupted from the graduates of Calumet High and from the parents as well. Teary eyes were everywhere, and hardy hugs were given. Justin, in his burgundy cap and gown, finally found Melanie, who like every other girl, was clad in a baby blue cap and gown, after shifted through throngs of his peers. He tugged at her arm, and she turned around and greeted him with a wide smile and a hug. She made his knees feel like jell-o and his heart melt, but he tried to keep a nonchalant demeanor.

“Congratulations!” She said loudly in his ear due to the noise.

“You too, sweetie!”

“Can you believe it? We’re grown ass people now!” Melanie cheered and gave him another hug.

Justin laughed and picked her up when she hugged him, and carried her over to Damien, Chasity, Mike, Samuel, Jerome and Leroy. Chasity, who had tears in her eyes, put her arm around Melanie’s shoulders and began to walk with her out of the auditorium. The boys followed behind them, and discussed their plans for the night.

“I’m gonna hit the shower before I head to your place,” Damien told Samuel.

Samuel nodded his head, showing he was okay with it, and then turned to Justin. “Are you coming tonight?”

“Yeah, most likely,” Justin replied.

Melanie turned. “I won’t be coming, Sam. I have to finish packing and stuff, but y’all have a good time for me, okay?”

“Aww,” Samuel whined, “it won’t be the same without you.”

“I’m sorry, but I really can’t. Plus I have to get up early tomorrow.”

“Oh yeah,” Leroy said, “what time does your plane leave?”

“Sometime around 8:30.”

“Damn!” Mike said. “You’re really gonna get up that early?”

“Yeah, I have my first rehearsal tomorrow. So, 8:30 was the latest I could get and be in New York in time for rehearsal. It was either that, or me catching a red-eye tonight.”

“Y’all are coming to see her off right?” Chasity asked.

“I am,” Jerome said. “I don’t know about these fools. You know they’re gonna get wasted.”

“No,” Mike said, “I’m going to be on my best behavior so I can see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah,” Leroy laughed, “he’ll only have 7 drinks instead of the usual 8.”

Mike hit Leroy as everyone laughed, and Justin remained quiet. He was far too busy thinking about what he was going to write to Melanie in her yearbook.

Saturday Morning, 7:00 AM

My room is practically empty. After I’m done with all the touring stuff, I don’t even know what I’m going to do with my life next. Some plan, huh? I know I can’t dance for the rest of my life-pretty soon I’m going to get older and tired quicker. Wait, why am I even thinking like this right now? I’m 18 for crying out loud! Chasity spent the night last night and she’s here now. She was telling me that I should walk with my head high and start thickening up my skin now, because the entertainment business is a hard one, no matter what part you’re in.

Graduation was fun last night, but really weird. All of the guys are going to different schools- none of them will be close to one another. I hope they’ll still keep in contact, but I’m sure they’ll play each other once or twice during a basketball game. Everyone also made a deal to come back during the Holidays and hang out. There’s going to be a party at Samuel’s house, of course. Just thinking about how much everyone will have changed, freaks me out.

“Come on, girls!” My mom called from the living room. I know she’s sad too. She doesn’t say much though, but I can tell by her facial expressions alone. She’s different-it’s like she’s scared to crack jokes with me like we used to because she knows I’m leaving her. I know she still doesn’t fully approve of me going either, but thankfully, she’s letting me do it anyway because she knows how much this means to me.

Chasity and I walked to the door, and Tony, my mom’s boyfriend, grabbed some of my luggage. Tony opened the trunk to the truck once we were downstairs and piled in my suitcases, and Chasity slid onto the backseat, where I was seated. We held hands tightly the whole way there. I’m trying really hard not to break down when I’m around her. She’s my best friend, whom I’ve known since about the third grade. We used to live in the same apartment complex when we were younger, right down the hall from each other. When her family moved out, I was devastated, but then relieved again when I saw her at school. Since then, we were inseparable. We’d always have sleepovers together, play at the park together, and when we were older, we’d gush about boys. Sure, we had our fights, but they never lasted long. I remember freshman year when I joined the all-white cheer squad. She was the only one who didn’t turn her back on me, and who went to most of my competitions. I think she only missed three. Every performance we had, she’d congratulate me, no matter what I’d done. After the success we had starting the step squad, I remember we said that we’d start a dance studio together, and go to college together, marry around the same time, and have our children grow up around the same time as well.

Now, she wants to go into the business world, and is going to USC, which is all the way in California, and I’m going to New York City. I guess in a way, our experiences are similar, seeing as though she’s never been to California, but Justin already told her that he’d show her around. I think she’s even flying in with him. She was telling me last night that he told her, “I’ll show you around and we can hang out during the summer, but when school starts…we’ll be hanging out a little less.” I guess that’s because of the big UCLA/USC rivalry. Plus, he’ll be this big ball player, and she told me that she’s auditioning for the dance team. We promised to call each other, at least 3 times a week if we couldn’t talk everyday. When I save enough money, I’ll definitely be going to visit her.

“We’re here,” Tony sang when my mom parked the car.

We all silently and reluctantly got out, and somberly checked in my bags before heading to the gate. Only I was allowed to enter the real gate, due to security, so everyone had to stop at a certain point and could only go through security if they were boarding the plane. I remember when the whole posse could walk up to the freakin’ window and literally watch the plane take off. Chasity and I slid our backs down the wall, and plopped onto the carpeted floor. It’s about 7:30 and my plane leaves in an hour. I watched Tony and my mother. He put his arm on her shoulders, and she leaned into him for comfort. When I see her like this, it makes me not want to leave. Just then, my cell phone rang.

“Yes?” I answered. It was Jerome.

“Hey, girl, we’re at the airport. Are you here yet?”

“Yeah, I’m at Southwest.”

 I’m surprised they’re here this early. I hung up with Jerome after he told me that he, Mike, and Leroy were on their way upstairs.

*“Justin, get up.”

“Yeah,” I groaned. Don’t you hate it when your parents ‘wake you up’ when you’re already awake? I’m so tired, it’s hard for me to move.

The party was fun last night, and a lot of people were there, including people that didn’t go to my school. I didn’t do much. I kinda just watched everyone else and hung out with the boys. I didn’t drink. Well, technically I did, but it was just a Smirnoff and everyone knows those don’t count. Besides, it was just one. Anyway, I left around midnight and right when I got home, I crawled in bed. That’s why I find myself still in the clothing I wore last night.

I really don’t want to go to that damn airport. I don’t think she needs me there. All she’s going to do is rub it in my face. But, she does have my yearbook, and I have hers. I could always mail it to her, though.

“Get out of bed, Justin!” I heard my mom call from the other end of the hallway.

Upon realizing that my mother was never going to shut up until I left the house, I changed my clothes and headed out. Within fifteen minutes, I was on the way to the airport, my eyes half shut. What the hell am I supposed to say to her? ‘Okay, well it’s been fun falling in love with you, have fun in New York?’ I still can’t believe she did this to me. I mean, who does that? Maybe I should just get over it.

-8:15 AM-

Victoria and Heather joined the group of people conversing around Melanie. Once Melanie caught her eye, she waved enthusiastically at her and gave them both a hug.

“Aw, thanks for coming, guys!” Melanie said.

“No problem. I felt like I had to see you one last time before you move one to bigger things,” Victoria said.

“Yeah,” Leroy, who was seated on the floor, agreed.

“So when I will I be seeing you on MTV?”

“Sometime in late August or early September I think,” Melanie said. “By then we’ll have started the promotional tour.”

“There he is,” Mike announced about Justin in a sing song voice.

Melanie’s breathe caught a little bit, and the butterflies rushed to her stomach. She watched him carefully make his way over. He looked tired, but comfortable in his over-sized, bright red sweatshirt and a pair of silver basketball shorts. His hood was over his head, and his eyes were fixated on the ground below him when he walked.

Once he’d reached Melanie, he silently returned her yearbook, and she returned his to him. Pausing to collect his thoughts his piercing blue eyes looked up at her and stared. Suddenly, he waved his hand and turned to walk away. Melanie stood confused at first, but then realized that he was leaving and walked after him. Catching up to his fast pace, she pulled on the arm of his sleeve and turned him around. Melanie looked at his face, and searched for an expression in his glass eyes that had let tears run down.

“Where are you going?” She barely got out.

“I’m leaving. I can’t do this,” He admitted quietly.

“Please don’t just leave like this, Justin.”

“What do you want me to do, Melanie?” He rose his voice, but then sighed to calm his nerves.

Melanie’s tears began to fall and she shook her head. Shrugging her shoulders, she told him she didn’t exactly know. “But, I didn’t expect you to just leave like that.”

“Well, now you know how it feels,” Justin said.

“I’m sorry, Justin! How many times do I have to say it in order for you to believe me?” She began to get angry.

Justin sensed it, and fired up as well. “I don’t think I have the time for that.”

“So that’s what this is about? I know you’re still upset, Justin, but…”

“But what, Melanie? Get over it? Not everyone’s like you. I care about other people’s feelings.”

“I do care about your feelings, Justin!”

“If you really cared about my feelings, you wouldn’t be getting on that plane.”

“Oh geeze, Justin. Why are you acting like this?”

“Gee,” he laughed sarcastically. “I don’t know, Melanie? Wouldn’t you be a little bit bitter if you were in this situation? Oh wait, I forgot. You get over things within a day or two, so this wouldn’t effect you.”

The tears on Melanie’s face flowed faster every harsh word that Justin spoke. “I don’t want to leave with you mad at me.”

“Just go, Melanie,” Justin said and rolled his watery eyes. “I’ve been through this before.”

“Don’t compare me to Kelice, Justin. That’s not fair, and why would you even do something like that?”

“Because it seems like every time I open myself up, I look like an idiot. I can’t go through that anymore. It’s going to be harder for me to get over you, but-“

“Why do you have to get over me, Justin? You act like I’m leaving forever.”

“Because, I can’t feel like I’m in a real relationship with you when you’re on the other side of the country, and not with me or within driving distance. I need you here with me, Melanie. Yeah, I know that’s selfish but…I can’t help it. You have too much of me already.”

“Justin-“

“No, look. I’m not going to argue with you anymore because I don’t want you to get on the plane angry. You should be happy, and I should be happy for you too. I mean, I am, but it still hurts.”

Justin walked closer to her and enveloped her in a hug, masking the pain he really felt. Melanie held on to him tightly and the lightly rocked back and forth, his chin resting on the top of her head. Suddenly, her name was being called on the intercom to go to the front desk of the gate, for her flight was ready to take off. Reluctantly, she pulled away and Justin began to cry when he saw her pain stricken face. He held his lips together as he took his sleeve and wiped Melanie’s face.

“Hey,” he whispered through intermittent tears, “when you swing through LA, we’ll hang out.”

It hurt her two times more that he was trying to act so

calm. “Yeah, hopefully.”

“Oh, and plus, we’ll see each other at Christmas for sure. My mom made me promise to come back during break.”

“Okay…I gotta go now, though.”

Justin nodded slowly and stuffed his hands in his pockets. Taking a deep breath, she turned around and began her trek to the gate, but then she stopped herself and turned around, making her way back over to Justin.

He looked at her expectantly and asked, “What happened.”

Melanie walked closer to him until she was right under him, and looked up. “I forgot to uh…” She stood on her toes, and kissed his lips. Justin slowly wrapped his arms around her as he responded and deepened the kiss. Her hands were placed around his neck and caressed his neck and head, as he did the same to her back. The two finally pulled away after a moment longer and took one more look at one another, Justin biting his lip pensively, and Melanie sighing sadly.

“See you at Christmas,” she said softly.

“Yeah…Christmas.”

&*&*&*&

Dear Melanie,

Crazy how this all worked out, huh? The first thing I did when you told me you’d be going to New York was complain to myself about not applying to Columbia or Syracuse University like my dad suggested. I figured that I would serve no purpose in New York, and yeah, I liked going but there was nothing there that would make me want to stay or go to school in that city. Even though you’re only going to be there for a couple of months, the thought of you being in New York without me, changed my mind. Suddenly, New York wasn’t so bad after all. It sounded like the perfect place even. I suddenly wanted to follow you there and be with you every step of the way. But, then I realized that when one has a goal set or a dream to follow, he or she doesn’t really think about those around as much as he or she should. When someone offers you the chance to do something that you’ve wanted for as long as you remember, you don’t hesitate with the agreement. I also realized that I have my own dream to follow, and my own goals to accomplish. It hurts because I wanted us to do it together, but unfortunately, things happened differently.

First of all, I shouldn’t have assumed that’d you’d automatically come to LA to dance. I guess it’s true what people say about assuming. Second of all, I should’ve figured it out a long time ago because with all that talent you have, I should’ve known you would’ve been picked up. Even though I’m upset, time will heal my pain. I still will be supporting you, even from the other side of the country. I’ll TiVo award shows and TV shows to watch you do your thing. I can only hope that you’ll make the best out of your situation.

I remember when I first saw you. It was my first day at Calumet and you and Chasity were groovin’ in the hallway to some song playing in your CD player. I know I stared for at least a full minute. I remember Chasity catching me and giving me the weirdest look ever that made me so embarrassed and probably bright red. You’re the first girl that I ever truly cared about. Because, even after all the cursing and the angriness, I can still find a reason to smile when I think about you. Usually, when something dramatic happens in my life, I shut it out so I don’t have to worry about it anymore. But, I’m sure I’ll still be thinking about you, and wondering if you’re okay. Maybe I’ll even call to check up on you a couple of times. You’ve taught me so many things and helped me through more things than I ever thought I’d conquer. You taught me that money can never take the place of true companionship, no matter what, and that’s helped me a lot. Thanks to you, I’m talking to my dad again, I have more confidence, and I’ve dropped my drinking habits. I also learned that starburst are indeed better than skittles, that Wal*Mart isn’t as dirty as it seems, and how to tie a du rag and be ‘gangsta’!

Thank you for letting me be apart of your world…totally not in the Little Mermaid type of way, but yeah. I don’t know what I would’ve done without you during senior year.

I love you.

-Justin  Dear Justin,

I can easily say that you’ve made my senior year my best year in high school. I’ll probably still be laughing when I’m thirty about all the crazy, nasty things that you’ve said to me. You truly were a blessing and I honestly appreciate everything that you’ve done for me. I really am going to miss you, and the sad thing is that it’s my own fault that we’re going our separate ways. After all you’ve done to help me get this far the least I could’ve done was told you about it. I’m an idiot, I know, but please don’t completely disconnect me from your life.

I love you, and I wish we could’ve experienced this together. It seems like we’ve been through everything together already, doesn’t it? I wish you the best of luck with your basketball career-you know you’re going to be the next Kobe right? I’ll definitely be waiting for the day you’re drafted into the NBA.  All the little kids will be buying your jersey and shit. Foot Locker will become a tourist attraction.

Thank you for teaching me to stand up for myself and to not be so judgmental. I’m happy that your intelligence rubbed off on me. Thank you for pushing me in the right direction, even when there were times I didn’t want to be pushed. Thank you for taking me to California with you, and really letting me in, all the while help me with my own endeavors.

Most of all, thank you for loving me.

-Love, Melanie.  ...I hang up you call We rise and we fallAnd we feel like just walking away As our love advances we take second chancesThough it's not a fantansy I still want you to stay  We're just ordinary peopleWe don't know which way to go Cause we're ordinary people Maybe we should take it slow  Take it slowMaybe we'll live and learn Maybe we crash and burn Maybe you'll stay, Maybe you'll leaveMaybe you'll returnMaybe another fight Maybe we won't surviveBut maybe we'll grow Baby you and I  We're just ordinary peopleWe don't know which way to goWe're just ordinary people Maybe we should take it slow Take it slowThis time we'll take it slow... 


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki