Gray Dreams by Babymamma787


Number of reviews: 69
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The doorbell rang a soft tune, and Justin got up from one of the expensive leather couches that were placed in the living room. He tiredly trudged across the living room, taking the beige carpet in its entirety. In the entertainment room, he could hear John and Steven playing video games and yelling at one another. He near the foyer of the house now, and the doorbell rang again.

“I’m coming,” He said unenthusiastically.

Justin finally reached the door now, and the bright California sun hit him in the face. Staring him in the face, were two of his friends, JC and Joey.

“What up, dude!” they yelled and allowed themselves into his lavish home.

“Hey, y’all,” Justin greeted with a smile.

Justin followed JC and Joey further into the house. They knew his house like it was their own mansion, just like most of the student body that Justin hung out with at Hillside Prep. They were all alike. Their parents were big shots; they lived in nice houses, had more than two cars, and could get what ever they wanted just by asking.

Joey and JC sat down on the couch and beamed up at Justin. Justin stood, and looked at them quizzically.

“Check it out, bro,” Joey said.

“We just got back from the beach, and saw some fine ass chicks right?” JC continued.

“And then we were like, ‘Let’s hang out with them!’” Joey finished for JC.

“Yeah, so we told them to swing by here, and we’ll throw a party!” JC said proudly, he knew his friend wouldn’t turn down the offer.

“You guys, I had a party last weekend!” Justin whined, “And I don’t wanna have to tell my mother that she’s going on a vacation to the Bahamas…AGAIN. She goes there all the time and told me it’s not exciting anymore.”

Justin had to tell his parents to go spend the night somewhere, or to take a vacation because whenever he had a party, the cops were involved and people ended up staying for the weekend.

“Well…” Joey said, “We’ll send your dad to the Bahamas and your mom somewhere else,” Joey said nonchalantly. “No biggie.”

“You guys…have the party somewhere else. I don’t feel like cleaning up after everyone,” Justin said. He knew he wanted to have the party, but he was trying to be hard-headed.

“We’ll hire a maid for the night,” JC said.

“Oh! We should get a stripper maid!” Joey said excitedly.

“First of all…I have a girlfriend. A beautiful one at that, one I hope to spend the rest of my life with. So, if we do have the party…no naked women,” Justin shook his head.

“So we’re having the party?” JC asked excitedly.

“Yeah…I guess,” Justin feigned being reluctant, and grinned. “But, I’m not calling everybody this time. You guys have to do it,” He pointed his finger.

“Don’t worry, dude…” said Joey.

“…It’s already done,” Finished JC.

Justin rolled his eyes and shook his head. His friends knew him all too well. Suppose he would’ve said no? Then they would’ve been upset. The doorbell rang again.

Justin got up, faster than he did before, and made his way to the door. He opened it, and there stood a woman in a short sundress, her hair down, and her make up piled on. She flipped her hair, and lowered her Gucci sunglasses.

“Oh hi, Justin,” She said slowly and with fake sweetness, “Is Randall home?” she asked referring Justin’s father.

Justin looked at her confused at first. He then noticed her stature. She only looked to be in her late 20’s, early 30’s. What the hell did she want with his dad?

“Patricia, my darling!” Justin turned around at the sound of his father’s voice. Randall walked down the spiral steps with a cocky grin on his face.
‘Patricia’ grinned with a ditzy, but rich, air and walked into the large house, making sure to brush past Justin.
Justin watched his dad and Patricia walk up the winding staircase, hand in hand, whispering things to each other on their escalate.

Joey and JC walked into the foyer now, “Dude…”JC gawked at their retreating form.

“…She’s hot!” Joey said.

Justin shook his head and motioned for his friends to follow him. “Come on, let’s go in my room…help me figure out what I’m gonna wear tonight,” Justin said and made his way up the stairs.
The doorbell rang again, as the boys had just reached the top of the long staircase.

“Crap!” Justin yelled, “Is everyone just swinging by to say ‘hi’ now?” he said exasperatedly.

Justin hurried down the stairs, a little annoyed that on a Saturday he had to be so active. He planned to sit on the couch all day, but now there was a party going on, people over, and a tramp doing God knows what in his dad’s room. Justin yanked the door open and his frustrated glared turned into a sexy, lustful stare.

The petite, caramel colored girl grinned up at Justin. The spaghetti-strapped shirt she was wearing showed just enough cleavage to make a man wonder where the rest was, and her super short shorts cut off just below her butt, making Justin’s hormones spark. He looked into her hazel eyes.

“Hey you,” Justin growled and pulled his girlfriend into his arms.

Kelice sighed happily as she was enveloped and rubbed Justin’s back affectionately, “Hey sexy,” She looked up at him.

Justin lowered his face and kissed her passionately like he’d always done and gripped his hands onto her back side.

Kelice giggled at his touch and said, “Baby, the neighbors could be watching.”

Justin grinned boyishly and waved his hand. “So! I want the neighborhood to know how much I love you.”

Kelice softened her face and stroked Justin’s cheek, “Aww…baby I love you too,” This time, she reached up and kissed him passionately.

They were in love.

The two pulled away breathlessly and embraced the breeze that flew past their bodies. “Why weren’t you at school on Friday, little miss?” Justin asked and pulled her inside.

Kelice giggled, “My parents and I got on the first ferry to Catalina Island cause my aunt was diagnosed with cancer on Thursday.” She looked at him.

“I’m sorry…is she okay?” Justin asked and led her up the steps.

“She’ll be fine. I heard you were having as party tonight. Need me to help with anything?” she offered.

Justin turned to her just as they entered his room, “You’re Heaven sent ya know that?” he kissed her on the forehead.


* *

“JUSTIN!” Jerome slapped Justin’s cheek for the fifth time that night. People started to crowd around him. “Back up, y’all!”

Justin jumped up and darted his eyes around frantically. He saw people in stands, hardwood floors, men dressed in black and white uniforms, and girls dancing on the sidelines. The sounds of basketballs bouncing drummed in his ear as he was awoken from his reminiscent state of mind. Justin sighed sadly, because he wished he was living that life again. Now he was living a life that wasn’t so sunny, nor rich.

“Come on, man. We had the game delayed just for you! Get up, let’s go!” Jerome called.

Justin slowly stood to his feet and didn’t notice the glances he got from people. They looked at him like he had something wrong with him.

He was just homesick.

Justin went to center court now, as the announcer began to speak to the crowd.

“All right, y’all! Tonight is the night! We got Justin, Damien, Mike, Jerome, and Samuel representing Calumet! And on the other side, we have Kiewan, Tyrone, Jaylin, Sean, and Dorian. They played last year and won the championship title. Let’s see if Calumet can win a title of their own.”

Justin yawned and scratched the small of his back. He looked in the stands to see who was out there. He spotted Trace and furrowed his eyebrows. Trace, nodded his head at Justin and wave, and Justin acknowledged him by nodding his head. Finally, the MC had finished talking and they could start the game.
Jerome was jumping this time, and Justin stood next to his man, Jaylin, prepared for the ball. Lil’ Kim and 50 Cent’s “Magic Stick” blasted through the speakers.
Jerome got to the ball first, and Damien caught it. He dribbled the ball fiercely down the court with an urge to win and scored two points. The other team got the rebound, and Calumet back up slowly as their opponents brought the ball up the court. Justin began to get impatient because they were taking forever to set up a formation and try to score a point, so he took action.

He got in front of the person with the ball, Tyrone, and began to play a little one on one with him. Justin looked him in the eye, and dared him to try and score. Tyrone took his suggestion, but stopped suddenly when he realized that he no longer had the ball.

Justin had stole it, and just made a jump shot for two points.

**

“The winners of the ‘Chicago Street Ball Week Extravaganza’ are Jerome, Justin, Damien, Samuel, and Mike of Calumet high!” The MC yelled and presented them with the trophy.

The boys jumped up and down and congratulated each other. The steppers were out on the court now, also sharing the victory. The crowd was on their feet, clapping and cheering. Justin had the biggest grin on his face out of everyone. He knew it. He had been accepted by more than one group of people now. At least he felt like it.

“Now, it’s time to announce the MVP of tonight’s game, and for the whole week. This young man scored 35 points tonight, which is the most he’s gotten all week. He had a rough game last night, but truly proved that he could play ball with the other guys. He’s a team player, he never hogs the spotlight, and we hope to see him again soon. Ladies and gentlemen, please give it up for Justin ‘The Milk Man’ Timberlake!”

Justin stood there, stiff, for a moment and looked around at the loud and roaring crowd.

“That’s you, slowhead!” Mike laughed and pushed him forward.

Justin accepted his trophy and shook hands with the Mayor, and the MC. He posed for a couple of pictures and then went back to stand with his teammates.

**

Damn…I’m tired as hell! I think I’m blind from taking so many pictures with people and my teeth are numb from smiling so much. Samuel’s having a party tonight at his house. I want to go, but then I don’t because I’m really tired and looking forward to my weekend. You ever have one of those days where you’re just trying to get where you wanna go, but there’s always someone in your way? Yeah…it’s been like that all week for me.

It doesn’t make it any better that it’s snowing and it’s cold! I’m walking around out here and waiting on Damien’s slow ass in this little skirt and tank top! I wanna go home to my warm room, and wallow in my sheets. Sleep is calling me…I can feel it, er…hear it?

“Excuse me, Melanie,” I heard a little voice say, and felt a tug on my skirt.

I looked down and saw this precious little girl with pig tails on her head. “Yeah, sweetie?”

“May I have your…autograph?” she furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at me pleadingly. How could I say no to a face like that?

I took her little pink notepad, scribbled a note, and handed it back to her. “Take care, okay?”

“Okay!” She squealed happily, “My mom is putting me in dance classes.”

How precious! I wish I had time for dance classes. It’s actually quite funny actually, cause in all of my four years of dancing, I’ve never had training. I can do all the fancy turns, the pirouettes, the axle turns, the switch leaps…all of that good stuff. I just need technique training.

“Well, I hope you have lots of fun and become a really famous dancer on day okay?” I said and rubbed her head.

I watched the girl run off to her mother and smiled at her. Kids-they’re so cute, but I’m not gonna have any. Nope, not me. It’ll be just my luck that my kids will be bad as hell and I’ll have to whoop ‘em everyday.

I guess I’ll go wait next to Damien’s car. Why the hell is he taking so long? It’s not like he won MVP, so he shouldn’t have a whole bunch of stuff to sign…Justin should.

There goes the MVP now. How did he get out so early and in one piece? Hmph. Should I go say something? Nah. He hates me remember? Well, he never said that he just…

Oh no…I’m talking to myself and contemplating upon whether or not I should go talk to the boy. This is ridiculous…So is this weather.

I shivered and walked over to wear he was, next to his car. His back was turned to me, and as he was loading his things in the back seat, I pulled out a pen and paper.

“Can I have your autograph?” I’m so lame.

Justin turned around with what looked like, an anticipated grin on his face, but it quickly faded. I knew that was going to happen. This was a bad idea.

He scoffed, “You want my autograph?” he asked with disbelief. “What’s your deal?” he took my paper.

Okay, does he know that I don’t know what the hell ‘What’s your deal?’ mean? Hello! I’m black…we don’t speak that language.

I’ll pretend I know what that means, “Is there something wrong with me asking for an autograph?”

“No…yeah cause it’s you.” He said unsure of himself.
What the hell is he talking about? I swear he’s one fry short of a ‘Happy Meal’.

“One minute, we’re cool. Then, you ignore me and yell and me for trying to help you out…and then you curse me out! Now…you want an autograph?” he put his hand to his forehead and pondered. “Am-am I missing something?”

“I’m sorry for the way I’ve been acting, Justin.” I said.

“No you’re not, but nice try.” He said and opened the door.

How the hell can he tell me how I feel? “How do you know? I’m trying to be nice here-”

“Because no one’s around, so now you can talk to me all you want right? I think I actually figured it out.”

“There are a lot of people around here, Justin!” I said. Did he not see those people…all the way…on the…other side of the parking lot? Damn. “Okay…well I had no right to come at you the way I did yesterday. It was rude. You can live your life how you want, and I’ll live my life the way I want.”
That’s a fair deal right?

“Okay. Well can I make a suggestion?” he asked.

I nodded my head, and he handed me a large jacket. “Put that on…you’re gonna freeze to death.”

Thank God! I think I’m already partially frosted. “Thank you. Are you going to that party tonight?”

“At Sam’s house? Nah…I can’t,” He said and closed the door to his car before leaning against it.

“Why not?”

“Cause…I’m in trouble, for like the first time in my life. I can’t go anywhere for a while, and I have to go straight home,” Justin said and rolled his eyes.

“So, your mom didn’t take the whole basketball thing too well huh?” I asked. I hope I wasn’t pushing.

“Nah…it wasn’t even that. It was the fact that I went behind her back…and Victoria told on me,” Justin said quietly.

“You better bust that bitch in her head!” I said loudly…I have no problem doing it.

***

Justin lay back on his bed and stared at the objects moving across the television screen. His eyes moved down to the MVP trophy that was sitting on the floor. He hadn’t shown his mom yet. With a sigh, he got up from the bed and looked in his closet for something to wear. He almost tried to walk into it, thinking it went on forever like the one at his old home did. He pulled some pajamas from one of the drawers and threw on top of his bed.

Justin said back down on the bed and whined. He was extremely tired and felt like he was going to pass out soon. He knew didn’t even need to go to that party because of his sluggishness, but it was a party. He was the king of parties.
Samuel, one of his teammates, was throwing the party. That meant that it wouldn’t be the like the ones Victoria had been taking him to. Justin wasn’t into jumping up and down to rock bands. The bands would come and play, drink some beer, screw some girls and be on their merry little way. Justin was used to the parties he’d have back home…at his house. There was dancing, a DJ, all kinds of drinks, dance contests, karaoke, and a whole bunch of other things. Sometimes they’d even go racing. Justin wasn’t a racer, but he was open to trying new things.

The clock ticked on the wall, and the sound felt like it magnified ten times in his head. Sitting at home, by himself, on a Friday night was not something he was used to. If he had to take any more of it, he was going to go insane. Impatience got the best of him, and Justin picked up his trophy and brought it into his mother’s room, where she was folding laundry. He remembered when a maid would do that for them. He was surprised his mother knew how.

“Ma…” Justin said and stood in the doorway.

Lynn sniffled as she laid one of the folded shirts down on the bed. She didn’t look at him, “Yeah, Justin?”

“Are you okay? You’re not crying are you?” Justin furrowed his eyebrows and cautiously walked into his mother’s room. “Ma...” he beckoned again.

Lynn sniffled once more and wiped her eyes, “I’m fine, son. What is it?” She looked at him now, the corners of her eyes red.

“I got a trophy at the game…for MVP,” Justin said meekly. He loved his mother dearly, and it hurt him to see her hurting.

Lynn grabbed the trophy and examined it, “Wow…this is nice, Justin. I’m proud of you. Now you can add it to your collection,” She chuckled softly, as did Justin.

Justin motioned for her to sit on the bed, and she did so reluctantly. She knew her son was going to figure out what was bothering her. Justin rubbed her back soothingly and looked at her expectantly. Lynn began to let the tears flow, and Justin brought her tissue. She took the box gratefully and blew her nose.

“Momma, what’s wrong?” Justin asked and shook his head.

Lynn hiccuped, “Your father called earlier today,” She paused, “He said he misses you.”

“Screw him. He doesn’t miss me,” Justin rebuked.

“Justin-“

“No! He doesn’t miss any of us. He’s selfish…he doesn’t care,” Justin stood now, and walked out the room, ignoring his mother’s calls.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki