The Little Things by rubberducks


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Kristi was watching sound check from the floor seats when she heard a noise behind her. She saw Wade; he gave her a nod, acknowledging her presence. Did he know that she and JC were back together? Kristi didn’t care; either way, Wade was not an option.
JC noticed Wade from the stage. His eyes flickered towards Kristi too often for JC’s liking. Pushing Wade out of his head, he concentrated on singing to Kristi. He was so happy; the joy of performing came back when Kristi did. Familiar music started, and JC pointed at Kristi and winked, letting her know this is how he felt.
Girl when we started, baby, we were friends
But that’s not how this fairy tale is gonna end
See I was thinking that it clicked one day
And no one else has ever made me feel this way
First time I saw you girl I knew I had to try
To tell you everything I was feeling deep inside
Now listen good cuz what I say is from my heart
So if you’re ready
Kristi’s heart soared; she remembered when she had heard this song, guts only, in JC’s recording studio. She had thought it was amazing then…now, she couldn’t even describe it.
You see I toss and turn when I’m alone
And I just can’t wait ‘til you get home
Waiting for your call cuz, tonight we’re gonna do it all
Girl, it’s just the two of us
Cuz I’m thinking bout you day and night
And I just can’t get you off my mind
When you get a minute, baby, I was thinking we could hook up
It’s just the two of us, the two of us
Cuz in a room full of people you’re the only one around
And nothing in this world could ever bring us down
Baby, I’ll be there telling you I care
This I swear
It’s just the two of us, the two of us
JC winked again, sending chills down Kristi’s spine. She felt like she was in high school, thirsting for the look of a football player, except this was better. How could he unnerve her so easily?
Baby I wonder if you feel the same as I do
Wonder if you’re going through the things I’m going through
I sent you flowers on a Saturday
Inside’s a message with no name
Cuz I just love the feeling knowing I can make you smile
And I haven’t felt that way in quite a while
Listen to these words I have to say
Just take a chance
JC loved seeing the look of Kristi’s face; the ‘I-can’t-believe-you’re-doing-this’ awed look. It made him smile even more.
You see I toss and turn when I’m alone
And I just can’t wait ‘til you get home
Waiting for your call, cuz tonight we’re gonna do it all
Girl, it’s just the two of us
Cuz I’m thinking bout you day and night
And I just can’t get you off my mind
When you get a minute, baby, I was thinking we could hook up
It’s just the two of us, the two of us
Cuz in a room full of people you’re the only one around
And nothing in this world could ever bring us down
Baby, I’ll be there telling you I care
This I swear
It’s just the two of us, the two of us
It just gets better with each day
Baby, someday
I’ve always wanted to tell you
But I was so afraid
Jess had sat down next to Kristi, slinging her arm around her sister’s shoulders. Jess couldn’t be happier for Kristi; she thought it was so cute JC sang to her all the time. Wade, however, didn’t.
You see I toss and turn when I’m alone
And I just can’t wait ‘til you get home
Waiting for your call, tonight we’re gonna do it all
Girl, it’s just the two of us
Cuz I’m thinking bout you day and night
And I just can’t get you off my mind
When you get a minute, baby, I was thinking we could hook up
It’s just the two of us, the two of us
Cuz in a room full of people you’re the only one around
And nothing in this world could ever bring us down
Baby, I’ll be there telling you I care
This I swear
It’s just the two of us, the two of us

”Ron are we good?” JC shouted back stage. There was a muffled response, which had said yes, because JC jumped off of the stage and ran towards Kristi.
She greeted him with, “I love you.”
”I love you too.” They began kissing, unaware of the hoots and hollers from their friends.
Wade looked at the spectacle, removed from everyone. Hadn’t they broken up? Just three days ago, he’d talked to Kristi…what could have changed? He continued watching, a spectator.
”Jayce, every time, you sweep me off my feet…” She smiled as she clasped her hands behind his back. JC’s hands slid into Kristi’s back pockets.
”Man, JC,” Jess began, “You’re making me sorry that I married a man with no musical talent…”
”Down, Joey…” Joey had inched closer towards Jess with that comment.
Everyone was laughing, happy. JC felt on top of the world. Wade didn’t even bother him anymore. Speaking of Wade…JC glanced towards him; Wade was in shock.
Kristi followed JC’s stare, and her eyes fell upon a heart broken Wade. If he hadn’t been such an asshole, would she be kissing Wade instead of JC? She shuttered at the thought; everything happens for a reason, and she was with JC. Tears started falling down onto his cheeks; he made no attempt to hide them. Was he ready to accept defeat?
”I’ll be right back Jayce…” JC knew what she was doing. She kissed him and said, “5 minutes?”
”5 minutes…”
Puzzled looks followed Kristi as she walked towards Wade.
”Hi.” She said.
”Hi.” Wade said stiffly. She waited for him to say something. “I see you’re back together with JC?”
Kristi nodded. “Yeah, I was so stupid for leaving him in the first place…”
Wade looked at the ground. He knew it was over; it had been over for a long time. But seeing Kristi and JC just now…it forced him to accept it.
”Congratulations.”
”You don’t mean that…” Kristi said in shock…was he ready to let go?
”I do…it’s over between us…it has been over between us for a long time now…and I just couldn’t accept it. I didn’t want to…” Kristi nodded. Her heart felt like it might explode; he was ready for her to be happy… “I’m going to learn from my mistakes.” Wade said.
”I’m glad…”
”I just hope I can find a girl even half as amazing as you are.” Kristi smiled and blushed.
”You’ll find someone…just don’t do anything you did to me…” She looked over her shoulder towards JC.
”Well, I won’t keep you away from lover boy any longer.” He held out his hand. “Congratulations, really.” She shook his hand and headed back to JC.
”What did he say?”
”He’s ready to let me go…or stop bothering me, at least.”
JC raised his eyebrows. “How do you know he’s not pulling your leg?”
”He cried…have you ever seen him show any emotion, before, at all?”
”No…I guess your right…” She smiled and kissed him again. Today was the best day of Kristi’s life, so far; it could only get better.

The concert that night was incredible; Kristi hadn’t felt this type of energy on stage for a long time. It was probably because she no longer had to tell herself that the urges she was having on stage towards JC meant nothing. In fact, she wanted to touch him more, dance with him more, hear his voice more. She kept reminding herself; they had all of the time in the world.
After the concert, Kristi jumped into JC’s arms, wrapping her legs around his waist. She kissed him and said, “I love you…and that performance was…
“Incredible…” JC said, finishing her thought. “I love you too.” He added in a lower voice, “If you think that performance was amazing…wait ‘til you see me later tonight…”
Kristi giggled and let go of JC. They were exiting the area, looking for a van to bring them back to the hotel when Joey screamed, “You guys don’t want to celebrate with us?”
“We still have some things to talk about!” JC answered.
Again, they all knew they were fibbing. “So that’s what they’re calling it these days…” Jess said. They all laughed.
“Jayce, the elevator’s open.” Kristi mumbled as they kissed. JC’s hands were dangerously roaming her back under her shirt.
“My bad…” They walked hand in hand towards JC’s room. He unlocked the door, and surprised Kristi by picking her up.
“What are you doing?” Kristi asked, eyeing the ground.
“Can’t a guy be romantic?”
“If you insist…” She wrapped her arms around JC’s neck. They entered the room, and JC headed straight for the bed. He placed her on it, and then climbed on top of her.
“What happened to talking?” Kristi asked, as JC was trying to get her shirt off.
“Fuck talking…” She laughed. “I’ve missed you…” His voice was low, and husky.
Kristi reached for JC’s belt buckle and said, “Well, you’ve got me now, and I don’t plan on going anywhere…”
This night had been unlike any other the two experienced together. They had been apart for two weeks, but the night was full of sensual touches, slow kisses, caresses to help one memorize the other’s body.
JC wrapped his arms around Kristi as she leaned against his chest. The rise and fall of his chest soothed her. Kristi’s thumb rubbed JC’s hand. “Will you still build me a dance studio?”
JC’s heart sailed; that idea had started the whole debacle, ok, not start, but perpetuated it. “Well, I can hire someone to build it…”
“Thank you!”
“On one condition…”
Exasperated, Kristi asked, “What?”
“You come with me to my parents’ anniversary party next week?”
“You didn’t tell them we…” She still couldn’t say that word.
“No…I hoped I wouldn’t have to…and I don’t.”
“I did the exact same thing…”
Kristi kissed him. He broke away from her. “Does that mean you’ll come?”
“Only if you build me a dance studio…”
They kissed again; neither was tired. They needed to make up for lost time.
The next week flew by; Kristi didn’t stop smiling once. Why should she? She woke up to JC in the morning, and fell asleep with him every night. Even though Kristi still wasn’t sure she wanted to get married, the wheels were turning in her head. I could get used to this. Kristi watched JC sleeping, one of her favorite pastimes. She started to picture turning one of the guest rooms in JC’s”their house”into a nursery, baby-proofing the house. She saw herself and JC watch their child run around a playground, then a soccer field. She imagined herself crying when it graduated high school, and when it moved into college.
Kristi shook her head; as good as things were going, she was getting way too ahead of herself. She should focus on JC’s parents’ party the next day, and then about getting the rest of her stuff to JC’s. They’d probably end up selling a lot of her furniture, as JC’s is much nicer. Maybe he’d even let her redecorate, something she’d always wanted to do but never had the money to. Who was she kidding? Of course JC would let her redecorate…he’d probably hired someone to decorate his house in the first place. She smiled at the thought of dragging JC to Pier 1 Imports and furniture stores. Go to sleep, Kristi! She thought to herself. Tomorrow’s going to be a big night!
Little to Kristi’s knowledge, JC was dreaming about the same type of things. Except the child”children”had sexes. The older boy would be Adam Malcolm Chasez, and Bailey Paige Chasez would be his little sister. JC knew he wouldn’t tell Kristi that he had already picked out their kids’ names; he didn’t want to freak her out, and he knew that if she really wanted to, she could convince him to reconsider.
That evening, Kristi stood in front of the mirror, criticizing her appearance. She didn’t want to look like a granny, but she didn’t want to wear anything too out there”what if they thought she was a slut? Kristi knew she’d had her fair share of guys, but in this day and age, who didn’t? She smiled, and knew that JC’s sister would understand; Heather was two years older than her, but not married.
JC walked by and whistled. “Wow, honey, you look hot.” He had meant it to be a compliment.
“Ah! Now I have to change!” Kristi threw her hands up in the air, desperate.
“Do you want me to say that you look awful?” JC asked tentatively.
“Yes…No…I don’t know!” She sat down in a huff on the bed. “I want your parents to like me so much, and I don’t want them to think I’m an awful stiff or a slut…”
JC laughed, shaking his head. Catching the look on Kristi’s face, he added, “They’re going to love you, because I love you.” Kristi still didn’t look convinced. “And even if I didn’t love you”which I do”they’d still love you!” Kristi smiled. “And, you look very nice, nothing to either extreme.”
“Thank you.” Kristi was wearing a simple light blue dress that went down to her knees, and the top hung low on her shoulders. She got up and kissed him. “I’m as ready as I’ll ever be…”
JC smiled and took her hand. “Everyone is going to love you!”
Kristi knew she shouldn’t worry, but she wanted to make such a good impression on his parents. She wouldn’t deal with this the way she’d dealt with the VMA’s; she’d already told JC to keep the heavy alcohol away from her. He smiled and asked, “Should I make an exception once you meet my great aunt Margaret?”
Kristi clung tightly to JC’s hand as they approached the party. Kristi was sure they weren’t in the right spot. “Jayce, are we at a high school?”
JC chuckled. “Yeah, this is my high school.”
“But then where’s…”
“Out on the football field, outside with a tent!”
Kristi let out a sigh of relief; if it was in the gym, she might have to laugh. It would have reminded her of a school dance, except with older people.
Kristi and JC approached the tent; it looked very classy with lights and a wooden dance floor. JC squeezed Kristi’s hand and said, “You’ll be fine…”
Someone caught sight of them. “Josh!” Kristi would have to get used to people calling JC Josh, as that was his real name.
JC let go of Kristi’s hand to give this person a hug. “Kris, this is my sister, Heather. Heather, this is my girlfriend, Kristi.” They shook hands.
“It’s nice to meet you!” Kristi said. “I’ve heard so much about you!”
“We’ll have to talk later, without Josh…no offense” she added. “Girl stuff…”
“Please, don’t include me in that!” JC said.
“Hey guys!” Kristi turned to see Lance, Justin, Joey, and Chris. It hadn’t even occurred to her that they would be there, especially with their shared history.
The four guys hugged Heather. “Wow” Joey said, looking her up and down. “Heather, did you know that I used to have the biggest crush on you…”
“Joey, watch it. We may be grown up, but she’s still my sister…”
Heather laughed. “I’m a big girl Josh…”
JC brought Kristi over to meet his parents, Karen and Roy. “It’s so nice to meet you!” Karen squealed and gave Kristi a hug.
Roy shook her hand and said, “Nice catch Josh.” Kristi and JC both turned pink.
“You’ll have to excuse Roy…I think he’s going through a midlife crisis.”
“It’s ok!” Kristi said. “And congratulations…30 years? That’s a long time…”
“Yeah,” Roy said, slinging his arm around his wife’s waist. “But it’s worth it.”
For the next hour, JC and Kristi greeted everyone there. Kristi was impressed; JC knew everyone’s name and their relation to his parents. She knew she wasn’t going to remember JC’s third cousin twice removed; she just smiled and shook hands. All of the young men, and even some of the older ones, were giving Kristi a look over. None more so that one of JC’s cousins, Nick.
“Nick, this is my girlfriend, Kristi.”
“Nice to meet you…and may I add, you look amazing tonight.”
“Thanks…” Kristi wasn’t sure whether to be flattered or scared; most people don’t hit on their cousin’s girlfriend, especially when the cousin was present.
“Now, if you were my girlfriend, I’d get a pair of handcuffs”“ JC grabbed Kristi’s hand and said, “See you later, Nick.”
Kristi was laughing. “He’s such a sketchball!”
“I think he is the only one you have to worry about tonight…” JC began. He had a mischievous look in his eye and put his arms around Kristi’s waist. “Apparently, my parents are telling everyone we’re madly in love…”
“Now where would they get an idea like that?”
“I don’t know…” JC kissed Kristi quickly.
“Get a room, you two!” Justin had approached them with Heather, and JC’s younger brother, Tyler.
“Are they always like this?” Tyler asked.
Justin got the hint that no one knew of JC’s and Kristi’s little separation. He had a feeling they wanted it stay that way. “Unfortunately…it makes us sick! You think they’d feel bad about making those of us with significant others who can’t come on the road feel bad…but noooo!”
Kristi turned towards Justin. “J, do you need some loving?”
Justin eyed her. “What did you have in mind?”
Kristi punched his arm. “You better hope I don’t tell Kate!”
Justin laughed. “She wouldn’t care…she loves you!”
“Hold up…” Tyler looked shocked. “So those rumors about you and Kate Summers are true?”
“They haven’t been rumors for a while, Ty.” Justin said. Tyler’s eyes widened.
“You’re so lucky!”
Justin laughed again. “Yeah, I have to pinch myself each morning…”
“Kris, wanna dance?” JC asked.
“Here I was thinking this was a night off…”
JC grabbed her hand and dragged her onto the dance floor.
The two twirled around, ballroom dancing (or close to it). Kristi could feel JC’s heart beat against her chest, and she knew he could feel hers. They kissed quickly, and Kristi rested her head on JC’s shoulder. She felt safe and protected, loved and needed. JC needed her; she still couldn’t get over that. She had no idea what she had done to wind up so lucky. JC thought the exact same way.
JC began nibbling on Kristi’s ear. “Jayce, stop! Not here…this is your parents’ party!”
“And you think anyone is paying attention to us?”
Kristi glanced around the room and was about to agree with JC when she saw Nick, looking directly at them. “Well,” She began, “We do have one audience member.” She jerked her head towards Nick.
“I guess we’ll have to put on a good show…” JC captured her lips, making Kristi weak at the knees. If JC hadn’t been holding onto her, she knew she’d have fallen to the ground. Suddenly not caring where they were, Kristi moved her tongue into JC’s mouth. She heard him moan quietly when she started tugging at the back of his hair.
After a minute, Kristi said, “Jayce, you know I love kissing you…”
“I know, I know…” he mumbled. “Do you want something to drink?”
“Sure.” They walked towards the bar, and Tyler approached the two.
“Kristi, can I have this dance?” He was so cute, bowing and everything.
She put her hand to her chest, “Oh my…of course!” She turned towards JC, “I’ll be right back.” She pecked him on the lips and then followed Tyler onto the dance floor.
Someone had come up next to JC while he was watching Kristi guide Tyler across the floor.
“Hi JC!” He looked around and saw his neighbor.
“Hi Lani. How are you?”
“I’m great!” She giggled; she couldn’t believe JC remembered her! “I can’t believe you remember me!”
JC sighed. “How could I forget? You’re the one who practically broke my window when I was home for vacation…”
“Yeah,” Lani said sheepishly. “Sorry about that.”
“That’s ok…so what have you been up to?”
“I’m almost done at University of Maryland…”
“That’s awesome…” JC prayed someone would swoop in and rescue him from having to talk to Lani. His prayer was answered when Kristi and Tyler came back.
“Josh, Kristi is awesome!” Tyler said excitedly. Kristi had his approval.
“Thanks Ty…” He kissed Kristi. “Did my little brother give you any trouble?”
“I’m not little anymore!” Tyler protested, sounding exactly as he did when they had this conversation when he was five.
Lani jumped into the conversation. “Hi, I’m Lani…JC’s old neighbor…”
Kristi shook her hand. “I’m Kristi, JC’s girlfriend.” The smile on Lani’s face faded a bit at this word, but she wanted JC to be happy.
Great Aunt Margaret appeared on the scene. “Josh, how about you show an old lady some new dance moves?” JC glanced at Kristi, who was trying very hard not to laugh, and then followed Margaret onto the dance floor.
“So, Kristi, tell me,” Tyler began. “Just how serious are you and my brother?” Tyler asked, sounding like an overprotective parent.
“I’m assuming you saw the TRL disaster…” Kristi laughed. That seemed so long ago.
“Yeah…but Josh doesn’t make out in elevators with just anyone…”
“Wow, do I feel special!” Kristi smiled at Tyler; he was such a good brother. “Don’t worry, Ty…I am very much in love with your brother.”
Tyler smiled at this answer. He liked this answer. He liked Kristi, much better than that Rachel girl who had broken his heart.
Lani soon wandered away, getting tired of Tyler and Kristi’s conversation. She was giving him advice on how to get girls. Heather and Joey soon joined them; Kristi noticed they were holding hands.
“JC isn’t back yet…should I be worried?” Kristi asked.
“Depends on how much you’ll miss him…” Heather said.
Kristi started laughing as Roy approached her. “Hey everyone…” He spotted Heather and Joey’s hands. “How are you all doing? Enjoying the party?”
There was a round of “It’s great” and “We’re having fun”.
Roy then asked Kristi, “Would you like to dance?”
“Sure”.
When Roy and Kristi had left, Heather shook her head and said, “She’s dancing with all of the Chasez men tonight…”
Roy, however, wasn’t really interested in dancing; he just wanted to talk with Kristi.
“So you’re a dancer on tour?”
Kristi knew this was coming; dancing’s not a reliable profession, how are you going to support yourself if you get hurt, etc.
“Yeah, this is my third tour.”
“Wow…you must like it…” Would she want to settle down with JC? Roy knew his son’s time in the front was coming to an end; the five guys were growing up and would want to pursue different things. For JC, Roy knew, this would include having a family.
“Yeah, but I can’t keep doing it forever…” Kristi knew Roy was testing her.
“True…” Roy was silent for a moment. “I hear you and Josh are living together…”
Kristi didn’t know how to respond to this; she wasn’t going to deny, but now she was sure they knew about the whole pre-marital sex thing. Kristi felt herself blushing… “Yep…I’m not moved in all the way, but yeah, we’re getting there.”
Roy smiled. They had nothing to worry about; Kristi was a great girl. “You know, you’ll have to redo his house…the color schemes are interesting…” Roy added hastily, “My wife’s thoughts…” Kristi smiled.
“I was thinking the same thing…”
“Kristi, I like you…I’m glad Josh has good taste.”
Kristi smiled and whispered, “Me too…”
JC approached Joey, Heather, Tyler, the people he had left Kristi with. “Where’s Kristi?” he asked them. He followed their gazes to the dance floor, where he saw Kristi dancing and laughing with his father. “You’re serious! She’s already won him over!”
“You sound like you doubted her…” Heather interjected.
JC needed to clarify himself. “Not at all! I think it’s more that she did it so soon, by her…I knew she was a charmer…” JC smiled. He knew everyone loved Kristi.
“How’s good ol’ Great Aunt Margaret?” Tyler asked.
“Um…old?” JC offered.
They chuckled. Roy’s brother, Melvin approached the group. “Guys, we’re getting ready for the toast. Heather and Tyler, you’re doing that, right?” They nodded. “And Josh, do you guys want to sing after that?”
“Sounds good…Joey, we need to go find the other guys…”
“Can I have your attention please?” Heather asked politely into the microphone.
No one was listening, so Tyler snatched it and yelled, “Everyone, be quiet!” That worked.
“Thank you,” Heather began. “Now, as you all know, we’re here to celebrate 30 wonderful years for Roy and Karen.” She turned to face her parents. “You guys are amazing parents; you put us first and were caring. Dad, you were at every soccer game, chorus concert, and science fair, even if you had to change your work schedule. Mom, you did everything for us and did it all with a smile.” Heather paused, catching her breath. “You taught us how to work as a team, helped us with our homework”or rehearsal pieces”“ JC’s face turned pink. “and taught us how to love. You’re nurturing and even though we’re basically all grown up, you still continue to be there for us, no questions asked. So, thank you.” Heather finished, and her parents were teary eyed. She handed the microphone to Tyler and went to hug her parents, then found her way to stand next to Kristi.
“You were, and continue to be, amazing role models. Thank you for loving us. Now, let’s make a toast!” Tyler said. He was excited to do the actually toasting, but Kristi had a feeling the champagne had something to do with it; Tyler was only 20. “To Karen and Roy; they’ve had a great 30 years together, touching everyone they’ve known. May they have many many many more to come!” Tyler lifted his glass, and everyone followed. “To Karen and Roy!”
The crowd echoed, “To Karen and Roy!”
Karen had tears falling steadily down her face, while Roy worked hard to control his.
“Now, we have a special treat! As you all know, JC”many of you know him as Josh”and his buddies are pretty good singers…I’d say mediocre at best…” Tyler grinned at JC, who was laughing and shaking his head. “Just kidding…These guys are great. They’re family and would like to sing something for Mom and Dad.” He put down the microphone and went to join his parents.
“Thanks, Ty…” JC said. “So, yeah, to add on to what Heather and Ty were saying, they are not only great parents, but great people. They encouraged all of us to follow our dreams, and didn’t complain too much when I brought home four guys who ate anything in sight. Mom, Dad, thank you, because without you, I wouldn’t be where I am today.”
JC, Justin, Lance, Joey, and Chris began singing. Kristi knew what song they were singing, but it meant so much more, knowing the people who it was being sung for. Kristi heard Heather whisper something. “Looks like Josh isn’t singing to just Mom and Dad…” Kristi looked at JC, who appeared to be looking at his parents dancing, but was looking at Kristi. She smiled.

Heather elbowed Kristi, bringing her back to reality. “I’m happy for you guys.”
Kristi knew this meant she had Heather’s approval. “Thanks. Random: what’s up with you and Joey?”
Heather blushed. “Nothing…I’m moving down to Orlando soon, and he said to call him when I did.”
“Joey’s a great guy.”
“Yeah, he is.” Kristi giggled. She had a feeling that, soon, Joey would be off of the market. She hoped JC would think that was a good thing.

Every time our eyes meet
This feeling inside me
Is almost more than I can take
Baby when you touch me
I can feel how much you love me
And it just blows me away
I've never been this close to anyone or anything
I can hear your thoughts
I can see your dreams
JC held Kristi close as they danced. Kristi felt safe in JC’s arms, like nothing could hurt her. He breathed in the scent of her hair and whispered, “I love you.”
I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you, it just keeps getting better
I wanna spend the rest of my life, with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby I’m amazed by you
Kristi sighed happily. “I love you too Jayce.” She shivered.
The smell of you skin
The taste of your kiss
The way you whisper in the dark
Your hair all around me, baby you surround me
You touch every place in my heart
Oh, it feels like the first time every time
I wanna spend the whole night in your eyes
There was no one else in the room, no one else dancing; no one else mattered. It was just the two of them. And Kristi smiled; that’s how it was going to be from now on.
I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you, it just keeps getting better
I wanna spend the rest of my life, with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby I’m amazed by you
”I never really like country music before…” JC whispered in her ear. Kristi giggled.
Every little thing that you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I wanna spend the rest of my life, with you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Oh, every little thing that you do
Baby I'm amazed by you...
JC and Kristi shared a kiss. Kristi felt her heart melting. She could get used to this. JC looked into her eyes, and swore to himself that he saw his future.
Once Kristi and JC tired of dancing, they decided to take a stroll around the football field. They sat down on the bleachers, and looked up at the stars.
“I like your family, Jayce.”
“They like you too. I told you that you had nothing to worry about!”
Kristi knew JC was right, but she wasn’t going to let him know that. “Tell me something about your childhood…since we’re here.”
JC smiled. “Well, I wasn’t really popular until I made the Mickey Mouse Club…” Kristi laughed. She could see people swooning over JC when he arrived home from filming in Orlando. “And when I got back, I suddenly had tons of friends and girlfriends. The first one, Melissa, she dumped me after two weeks because I was in Orlando, and she didn’t like talking on the phone.” Kristi giggled. “Actually,” JC glanced at Kristi. “I got my first kiss under these bleachers…” Kristi looked at him. “In middle school, a bunch of us thought it be cool to sneak onto the high school property…pretty stupid when I think about it now…”
Kristi took his hand. “How about we continue the tradition?” She leaned over and kissed JC. After a minute, they broke apart, and Kristi got comfortable, leaning on JC, looking at the stars. Kristi knew, in that moment on that night, sitting where JC had gotten his first kiss, that she would be the only woman JC kissed from now on. That thought would have made Kristi nervous before, but now it just made her shiver. She was excited.
“Are you cold?” JC draped his jacket over her shoulders.
“Thanks.” Kristi looked up at the sky. Tons of stars were visible, unlike in Orlando. “Do you miss seeing the stars?” She asked.
A bit confused about the question at first, JC answered, “Yeah, but I know they’ll be waiting for me when I come back to visit…it’s a special thing to look forward to.”
Kristi thought that was so romantic.
As Kristi and JC were leaving with the other guys, Karen gave her a hug. “We’ll see you tomorrow at breakfast?”
Kristi nodded. “Definitely.” She turned to Roy. “It was nice meeting you, and congratulations, again.”
JC hugged both of his parents. Kristi saw Joey give Heather a quick good bye kiss, and then hold a finger up to his mouth; don’t tell JC! She laughed; of course she wouldn’t, she didn’t want to ruin a perfectly good evening.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki