The Little Things by rubberducks


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Kristi woke up to JC running around, looking for clothes. He noticed she was awake. “I have to go to a press conference…sorry honey.”
“That’s ok…I’ll see if the girls want to get some breakfast.”
Kristi called Michelle’s room, and then Lauren’s.
JC came racing out of the bathroom, pulling one sandal on, holding the other in his hand. He bent down to kiss Kristi. “I love you. See you later.”
“I love you too.”

A half hour later, Kristi, Michelle, Beth, April, Lauren, and Meghan were eating breakfast.
“What did you miss most about touring?” Lauren asked.
“You mean other than the sex?” Beth asked.
Kristi threw a straw wrapper at her, growing pink. “No…the atmosphere…everyone’s so awesome, and the energy is great.”
“I still think sex is a better answer.”
“You would, Beth.” Michelle said.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” Beth asked, feigning being offended.
Taking measures into her own hands, Meghan asked, “Kristi, what’s this party going to be like?”
“Well, just a bunch of high school friends coming over, I bet my sister will be there, my parents, you guys…I invited Ron and Johnny yesterday.”
“I’d love to see them actually do something like that during a tour…” Lauren said.
“That’d be pretty funny.” Meghan said.
“I’d pay to see that.” Michelle stated.
“By the way they act, you’d think a tour is stressful!” Beth, said, sarcasm dripping.

As much as Kristi missed dancing and performing, she was enjoying herself. She was still at sound checks and rehearsals, but she was also JC’s girlfriend. She thoroughly enjoyed these perks; like getting to watch the concert from the audience with Madi.
Both were worried a fan might notice them and give them trouble, but they didn’t need to worry. Kristi and Madi enjoyed the opening acts, something Kristi hadn’t seen before. She’d never paid much attention to them before, but realized they were quite good. They anticipated like all of the other fans, during the break between the opening acts and *NSYNC. Kristi and Madi swooned when the guys sang, having fun at the show.
JC had told Kristi to pay attention to the song in between “I Want You Back” and “It’s Gonna Be Me”. “But there isn’t a song in between them…” Was her response. JC just winked as he headed towards the dressing room.
In the concert, there was a song in between the two. Kristi’s breath caught in her throat.
Waiting for your piece of the pie to drop out of the sky
(gotta go get it)
Hesitating for somebody else to run and pass you by
(but you never get your fly)

There ain't no excuse for losing your feet
Drowning in your defeat on this road of life (do your thing)
There ain't no excuse for coming up short
The ball is in your court so reach up and touch the sky
Was JC trying to make her start crying in the middle of his concert? Was he going for the record of ‘number of times you make your girlfriend cry’?
Are you doing your thing and doing it well
Are they looking at you, hating saying "Ooo"
Are you doing your thing and doing it good
Do your thing thing, do your thing thing

Do your thing (Do your thing)
Kristi knew what this was about. Whenever JC mentioned choreographing after she’s done with physical therapy, Kristi would always brush it off, even though it had been a dream of hers since she was little. JC had tried to convince her to go for it, but he gave up. Maybe he was resorting to the way he’s found to work in getting through to Kristi.
Keeping yourself from taking on your perfect dream
(you gotta free your mind)
And being something somewhere that you read in a magazine
(but you never let you shine)

There ain't no excuse for losing your feet
Drowning in your defeat on this road of life (do your thing)
There ain't no excuse for coming up short
The ball is in your court so reach up and touch the sky

Are you doing your thing and doing it well
Are they looking at you, hating saying "Ooo"
Are you doing your thing and doing it good
Do your thing thing, do your thing thing

Are you doing your thing and doing it well
Are they looking at you, hating saying "Ooo"
Are you doing your thing and doing it good
Do your thing thing, do your thing thing
Are you doing your thing well
Are you letting your dreams come alive
Are you doing your thing good
Believe can nobody do it better than you, believe can nobody do it better
than you
JC wanted Kristi’s dreams to come alive. This was something that she could do while having a family. He had already reached most of his dreams; he wouldn’t let Kristi give up on hers just so he could have the rest of his. Why, when she could have both?
There ain't no excuse for losing your feet
Drowning in your defeat on this road of life (do your thing)
There ain't no excuse for coming up short
The ball is in your court so reach up and touch the sky

Are you doing your thing and doing it well
Are they looking at you hating saying ooo
Are you doing your thing and doing it good
Do your thing thing, do your thing thing
Believe can nobody do it better than you, believe can nobody do it better than you
Kristi was proud that she hadn’t cried. Madi didn’t notice anything, as she hadn’t seen a show before. Kristi knew she needed to ask JC to do something for her. And he would do it, gladly. But would she be able to make her dream come alive?

After the concert, Kristi and Madi raced back stage.
“You guys, that was awesome!” Madi said as she greeted Chris with a kiss.
“It’s so different from watching back stage!” Kristi said. She kissed JC, and turned to the others. “I never realized how good the opening acts are!”
JC slinked off to the dressing room to change, hoping Kristi would pay more attention to him when he got out. Smiling, he knew Kristi would pay attention to him later.
When JC returned, Kristi was talking to the dancers, probably explaining something she had seen. He headed towards the guys, noticing Joey had disappeared. Justin was excitedly saying something.
“C! Kate’s movie was the highest in the box office this weekend!”
“That’s awesome! Tell I her I say, ‘Congrats’!”
“You three,” Lance began, referring to Justin, Chris, and JC, “have amazing women.”
“You don’t need to tell me that.” Chris said, watching Madi talk on her cell phone.

Later that night, JC’s finger was tracing a pattern on Kristi’s shoulder. They had just made love, and JC couldn’t get enough of Kristi. She had more energy now, as she wasn’t dancing for hours each day, and it drove him crazy.
Kristi rolled over and propped herself up on her elbow. “Jayce…thank you for that song.” He nodded. JC could tell when Kristi was in a mood to talk. “You’re right; I can’t give up on my dream. And I can do two things at once, right?” He nodded again; Kristi needed reassurance. “Jayce, would you call Mark Ramirez for me?”
JC kissed her quickly. “I would love to. And I’m glad you enjoyed the song.”
“You know,” She began. “You’re fans love you. It was so weird to see…they were screaming how much they loved you and Madi and I were standing there…”
JC kissed her. “They mean nothing compared to you.”
“If I wanted to be mean, I could call someone up and tell them you said that!”
JC responded by tickling Kristi. She squirmed, but soon JC stopped, remembering her knee.
“It must be great, touching so many people with what you do, making them all happy with your music.”
“It is. I love it.”
Kristi sighed. “Jayce, I love you, but I don’t know how much longer I can share you with 15 year olds…” she smiled and snuggled closer. “I want you all to myself.”
“Well,” JC began, smiling too. “With Chris and Madi getting married, and…we all have other things we want to do…in all, it’s likely that this’ll be our last major thing as a group.”
Kristi was shocked. As much as she didn’t want to share JC, she didn’t realize it would all be ending so soon. “But are you sure?”
JC kissed her forehead. “Yeah, we want to go out on top, and as great as this is, there’s gotta be more to life than performing every night.”
This made so much sense. Yes, she wouldn’t be able to tour again after this, but there was so much more to life. “Why didn’t I think of that? Yeah, my touring days are done, and if I don’t know what I want to do, I’ve got you to help me…”
“Yeah, and for physical therapy, maybe we can convince your doctor that love making will help.”
“Jayce! If I didn’t know you better, I’d say you have a one track mind!”
“But I do!” JC grinned. “And that track is ‘I Turn to You’.”
Kristi’s looked softened as she tried to think of a response, but couldn’t. Instead, she giggled and then started kissing him, abandoning thoughts of sleep.

It was another week before Kristi had a doctor’s appointment. JC couldn’t be there because of a photo shoot, so Michelle came. JC had made her promise to text as soon as she found something out.
“Well, Kristi,” the doctor began. He was her high school doctor, as they were now in Chicago. “You will need surgery after the tour, and about six weeks of physical therapy. By two months, you’ll be back to walking”no running, and no dancing. You won’t be able to tour again after the surgery…but, I’d say you’re good to go.”
Kristi couldn’t believe her ears, neither could Michelle. “You’re saying I can dance tomorrow night?”
“Yep…just be careful. If it starts to hurt more than it should, I need you to tell someone, because you could end up screwing your knee so you’ll always need a brace…”
“I can dance tomorrow!” Kristi was screaming to Michelle, who was sitting 2 feet away.
“I know!” Michelle was just as excited.
“Ladies…Kristi, I need you to promise me you’ll take care of yourself and tell someone if it starts to bother you…”
“I will! I promise!” Kristi jumped up, grabbing her brace the doctor had removed to check out her knee. “Thanks Dr. Michaels!”

JC was waiting his turn to take individual photos. He remembered the night last week he told Kristi they were done after this. As much as she wanted him to be happy and his fans to be happy, he could tell this relieved her. He’d be there to help her with surgery and physical therapy. And he’d be there for her, end of story.
JC took his spot in front of the white backdrop and started posing for the camera. At first, photo shoots had been awkward, but you get used to them. JC just goofed around and had fun; if the photographer was looking for something, he would tell JC. It was actually pretty simple.
When the photographer was changing his film, Lance called to him. “C, your cell got a text from Kristi!”
His eyes widened. “Open it!”
Lance did as he was told. “It says, ‘Got cleared to dance tomorrow night, we’re all going out to celebrate tonight, tell others for me, love you.’ That’s awesome!”
JC’s face broke into a grin; his smile was so big he felt his cheeks crushing his eye sockets. He shouted. “We’re going out tonight fellas!”
Turning back to the photographer, still grinning, he heard a click. The photographer said, “That look is awesome, that’s all I need…you’re done JC.”

“Kris, are you sure you can go dancing tonight?” JC asked. Kristi had been cleared to dance in tomorrow night’s show that morning, and to celebrate, she wanted to take everyone to her favorite club in Chicago.
“Yeah! As long as I don’t hop on my right leg for hours on end, I should be all set.” JC still didn’t seem convinced. Kristi walked over to him, put held his face in her hands, and said, “Don’t worry about it!”
“But I do worry…I want you to be on stage tomorrow night.” She shook her head, smiling; it was nice to have someone worry about her.
Taking his hand, Kristi dragged him out of their hotel room.

“What is this place again?” Chris asked, a little hesitant.
“It’s a dance club. Before 10, they play salsa and swing and other stuff, then after 10, it’s like all the others.”
“What time is it?” Lance asked.
“9:30!” Kristi said excited. “That means only ½ hour left!” She began pushing JC onto the dance floor.
“Woah, Kris, I don’t know how to do these dances.”
“We can show you!” A small looking, college-aged boy had showed up behind JC. “Kristi! What are you doing here?” He ran forward to give her a hug.
“We had the night off in Chicago, so we came to dance!” She placed her hands on his shoulder, holding him at arm length. “Look at you! You’re all grown up! Wow, I have the worst manners ever!” She turned to JC. “Jayce, this is a friend from high school, Toby. Toby, this is my boyfriend, JC”“
“Yeah, I know who you are!” Toby stuck out his hand. “Nice to meet you.”
JC shook it tentatively, still not sure what this guy was all about.
“So,” Toby said, “Should we show your man how to salsa?”
Kristi looked at JC to see if it was ok. “Sure, let’s go! I’ll be back soon, hon.”
JC watched Kristi and Toby doing the salsa on the dance floor. He went to go find some of the others. He saw Michelle and Beth by the bar.
“Hey guys!” JC said as he sat down on a bar stool.
“Where’s Kristi?” Michelle asked.
“Dancing with some guy named Toby…”
“Toby?” Michelle asked, coughing on some of her drink.
“Yeah, why?”
“He had the biggest crush on her since high school. They never dated, but he was the guy who never had a date or someone to dance with, so Kristi would dance with him.” That sounded like Kristi. “He came down to visit her once, and he couldn’t stop drooling. I didn’t know he’d be here tonight…”
Meanwhile, Kristi was dancing with Toby, who was very interested in JC, especially since they haven’t talked in a year. “So how long have you and JC been dating?”
“Almost 5 months…”
“Wow, that’s a long time.”
“Yeah, but we’re happy.”
“That’s good.”
Kristi was glancing over Toby’s head, since she was still taller than him. She couldn’t see JC. As nice as it was to see Toby, she wanted to dance with JC and her friends. She hadn’t been able to do anything active in three weeks.
“Toby, I have to go find JC…” Kristi started to walk away.
“Why?” He asked, slightly irritated. “I’m sure he’s fine.”
Kristi left Toby on the dance floor. After three years, he still hadn’t changed. It was very obvious that he liked her, and she tried to be nice to him without leading him on, but Toby was Toby: hopeless.
Finding JC over at the bar with Michelle and Beth, she headed in that direction. Kristi sat down on JC’s lap.
“No Toby?” JC asked, not bothering to hide his smile.
“No, he’s being a brat.”
Michelle tried hard not to laugh.
“Why aren’t you guys on the dance floor?” Kristi asked, eyeing her dancer friends. “And don’t tell me there’s no one to dance with! The guys would love to dance, and there are tons of random guys floating around the club. Go!” Michelle and Beth glanced at each other, and then got up to go dance.
“My, you’re bossy.” JC said.
“That’s because I want you all to my self.” She kissed him quickly, and then pulled him to his feet. “You’re going to learn how to salsa!”
They reached the dance floor, and Kristi instructed JC to hold her right hand, and put the other on her hip. “Now, you step forward with your right foot, backwards, and then bring it back to the start. Then you do the same with your left foot.” JC gave her a look that clearly said he was only doing this for her. “You ready?”
Salsa dancing was more fun than JC had originally thought. He got to dance incredibly close to Kristi, which is enough of a reason in itself. He was picking it up a lot faster than he thought he would.
As soon as JC was getting comfortable with salsa, the music changed and he felt like he had been dropped in the middle of the 40’s. “You do know how to swing dance?” Kristi asked teasing JC.
“Of course!” JC pretended to be offended. He grabbed Kristi’s hand and they started swing dancing.
“Jayce, let’s try a lift!” Kristi was getting ready when JC stopped her.
“Umm…your knee?”
“You’re no fun!” she smiled and grabbed his hands again.

After 20 minutes of being flung around by Kristi, JC was ready when the club music started. Thank god, JC thought. He twirled Kristi one more time, then said, “Let’s go get a drink, then we can dance again.”
Justin and Chris were sitting at the bar, having a drink. JC ordered two drinks, and he and Kristi sat down next to them.
“JC, you’re really becoming a top notch salsa dancer…you should quit your day job!”
“Haha, very funny Chris.”
“Kristi, this is where you used to hang out when you lived in Chicago?” Justin asked.
“Yeah, although I never lived in Chicago”a suburb. Yep, this was the place to be. They used to have dance contests and themed nights. It was great.”
JC jumped up when he heard “Hot in Herre”, pulling Kristi to the dance floor. She waved over her shoulder towards the guys still sitting at the bar.
In the middle of the dance floor, Kristi wrapped an arm around JC, and the two began dancing.
I was like, good gracious ass bodacious
Flirtatcious, tryin to show faces
Lookin for the right time to shoot my steam (you know)
Lookin for the right time to flash them G's
“I think Nelly would have some problems rapping about your ass if he saw it…” Kristi’s face turned pink and she swatted at JC’s shoulder.
”You’re awful!”
Then um I'm leavin, please believin
Me and the rest of my heathens
Check it, got it locked at the top of the four seasons
Penthouse, roof top, birds I feedin
No deceivin, nothin up my sleeve, no teasin
I need you to get up up on the dance floor
Give that man what he askin for
Cuz I feel like bustin loose and I feel like touchin you
And cant nobody stop the juice so baby tell me whats the use
JC’s hands were roaming up Kristi’s side inside her shirt. Kristi’s breath was quickening, and she could feel JC getting excited just by dancing. She couldn’t blame him; they hadn’t done anything like this in weeks.
“I feel like Baby in Dirty Dancing…” Kristi whispered in JC’s ear.
“Why?” He whispered back.
“Besides the whole dirty dancing thing?” She giggled. “You’re my Johnny Castle!”
“Kris, don’t ever compare me to a Patrick Swayzee character…I’ve never say ‘ditto’ when you tell me you love me!”
“Why not? He was hot back in the day…”
“Kris…”
“Yeah?”
“Shut up.” JC captured her lips with his, effectively causing Kristi to stop talking.

At the bar, Toby had sat down to Justin and Chris.
“Hi, I’m Toby, a friend of Kristi’s from high school.” Justin and Chris nodded in acknowledgement. Toby stared off in the direction of Kristi and JC, dancing and making out on the dance floor. “Are they always like that?”
“Huh?” Justin followed his gaze. “Oh…well, if you’re asking if they always act like they’re madly in love, then yes, because they are. They aren’t always all over each other like that though…”
“In public…” Chris added. Justin chuckled. Toby didn’t seem too happy.
“So this is serious?” Justin shot Chris a look. What was Toby playing at?
“Well, yeah. I mean, Kristi’s met his whole family, and he’s meeting hers tomorrow…they’re moving in together…I’d say it’s serious.”
“Crap.” Toby muttered under his breath.
“Excuse me?” Chris asked.
“Oh, well…” Toby looked uncomfortable. “I used to have a…crush…on her in high school. That’s all.”
Justin and Chris highly doubted that was it. The look Toby had on his face while watching Kristi and JC gave it away. “That’s all?” Justin asked.
“It doesn’t matter though.” Toby shook his head. “I mean, she’s happy, and I’m thrilled she’s happy. And she only thinks of me like a little brother.”
“And who’d want to sleep with their little brother…” Chris mumbled under his breath. This time, Justin busted out laughing.
“What?” Toby asked.
“Nothing…” Justin said, trying to catch his breath. He spotted Michelle and Lauren, flagging them down. “Hey girls, wanna dance?”
“Sure!”
Michelle took Justin, and Lauren dragged Chris onto the dance floor.
“I see you were talking to Toby…” Michelle said.
“Yeah, and you were right. He’s crazy about Kristi…too bad he doesn’t have a shot…” Justin tried to forget about the creep ogling at one of his friends from the bar and tried to have fun.

The time was approaching midnight, and Kristi and JC were still dancing. They were trying to catch up on the time they had missed because of Kristi’s knee. Lance tapped them on the shoulder to tell them the van was leaving. JC and Kristi walked off the dance floor, holding hands, and Kristi didn’t even look for Toby to say good bye. She’d had her fair share of stalker-ish type people this year, and she did not need another one.

30 minutes later, JC’s back was against his hotel room’s door. Kristi was trying to pull his shirt off over his head, but JC was being difficult.
“Why are you being so difficult?” Kristi asked, while he kissed her neck.
“What time are your parents coming tomorrow?” Kristi pushed herself away from JC.
“Jayce, who on earth mentions parents when they’re trying to bang someone?”
JC laughed. “Kris, it’s not like I can’t ‘bang’ you anytime I want.” She tried to look offended, but it wasn’t working. “And I just want to make sure that we’re ready for them tomorrow…I want them to like me.”
Kristi approached JC, and rubbed her hand against his cheek. “They’re going to love you because I love you.” She paused. “They’ll be here at 10 for brunch tomorrow. Happy?”
JC nodded.
“Can we go back to…now?”
“Oh, yeah! Sorry, my bad.” JC started to kiss Kristi again while he unzipped her skirt.
Kristi pulled JC’s shirt over his head, and then unbuttoned his pants. JC took Kristi’s shirt off for her; they made their way to the bed, and then collapsed onto it.

The alarm went off at 8:30. JC rolled over and hit snooze, but then felt Kristi get up.
“Where are you going?” He asked her sleepily.
“I’m taking a shower.”
JC sat up. “It’s only…”
“It’s ok honey. Go back to sleep. I’ll wake you up when I’m done.” JC didn’t need to be told twice; he fell back onto his pillow.
Half an hour later, Kristi was shaking JC awake. “Wake up honey! My parents will be here in an hour!” JC grabbed onto Kristi’s hand and pulled her onto the bed beside him. He rolled on top of her and started kissing her neck.
“JC, c’mon!” He wouldn’t budge and wouldn’t stop kissing her. In fact, he started trying to unwrap her towel. “Jayce, I thought you wanted my parents to like you!”
“I do” he said while kissing her.
Kristi put her hand in JC’s face. “Well, I don’t think they’ll like you too much if I said, ‘We’re late because JC didn’t get enough ass last night, so he needed more this morning…’”
“Haha, very funny.” JC said. He rolled off of Kristi. “Happy?”
“Very.” She sat up and grabbed her brush from the nightstand. “Did any interviews for today come up?” Kristi asked, hoping he wouldn’t have to go to any.
“Nope. Only sound check.”
“Awesome.” She smiled at him. “Jayce, it means so much to me that you’re taking this…seriously and you want to impress them.”
“Come here.” He held his arms open, and Kristi scooted into them. “I love you, and I want your parents to love me. Got it?” She nodded and then kissed him.
“Up and at ‘em…” He started at her. “Go! My parents don’t like people who smell…”

It was 10 o’clock when JC and Kristi strolled out of the elevator. She scanned the lobby, looking for her parents. JC felt butterflies in his stomach. What was going on? He was just meeting Kristi’s parents. A conversation he had with Ron came floating back to him…
“Ron, why can’t we give Kristi’s parents backstage passes?” JC asked, frustrated.
“We already have people with passes, and there’s not a lot of room back here…”
“Ron, these people are important to me, ok?”
“You haven’t even met them yet…”
“They could probably be my future in-laws…” JC said quickly. Whatever Ron thought JC was going to say, that wasn’t it.
Ron seemed to think for a moment, and then gave in. “Fine, but only two for tomorrow! Kristi’s friends have a bunch for the next night…”
Kristi’s voice interrupted JC’s thoughts. “There they are!” Kristi said, dragging JC towards the opposite side of the lobby. “Mom, Dad! I’m so glad you’re here!” She squealed as she ran towards them.
After giving both big hugs, she turned and said, “Mom, Dad, this is JC, my boyfriend. Jayce, this is my mom and dad, Ruth and Stan.”
“It’s nice to meet you…” JC said as he shook Stan’s hand. When he turned to Ruth, she stared at him for a moment, and then pulled him into a hug. Kristi thought JC’s face was so cute; he was shocked, embarrassed, relieved, and uncomfortable all at the same time.
Ruth started to pinch JC’s cheeks. “He’s a lot cuter than you said he was sugar!” Ruth said towards Kristi. Kristi turned pink. Stan, being very observant, said, “Who’s hungry?”
Kristi wrenched JC from her mother’s grasp, and then led the way into the dinning room.

Once everyone was seated and they had ordered, the questioning session begun, just as JC had expected.
“So, JC…” Ruth began, “Kristi tells us you were a member of the Mickey Mouse Club when you were younger?”
This isn’t so bad, JC thought. I can handle these questions. “Yeah, Justin was too. It was a lot of fun, and a great experience.”
Stan cleared his throat, looking stern. “So you went straight from the Mickey Mouse Club to *NSYNC?”
“No, not really. I went to high school and did some shows, that stuff. Then after I graduated high school, I moved to Orlando again, and we…they…yeah, *NSYNC.”
Kristi knew where this was going. “Dad, JC is very successful. He helped write most of the songs on their latest CD, and helped produce the songs too.”
“You didn’t go to college?” Stan asked.
“No. I didn’t.” Stan wasn’t going to not like JC because he didn’t go to college, right?
“So how do you plan on making a living once *NSYNC is over?”
JC didn’t feel it was appropriate to say that he didn’t really need to ever work again because of the money he was making now. “I’d still like to be involved in the music business; writing and producing for other people, maybe do a few solo things.”
Stan seemed satisfied with this answer because he turned to Kristi and said. “You never told us about tickets for tonight…”
“Oh! Well, I got you guys good tickets, but”“
“Ron forgot to give you the back stage passes Kris, so he gave them to me yesterday.”
Kristi’s eyes lit up. “So you can come see us after the show!”
The rest of brunch was very pleasant. Ruth and Stan could tell that JC and Kristi were very much in love. The way they looked at each other, talked to each other…it was very obvious.
Ron came rushing in right as the party of four was getting up.
“Kristi, JC, I have some bad news…we need you at the venue. Wade called a rehearsal so Kristi could get back into the swing of things…”
She couldn’t believe it. Trying to stay calm, she said, “Ron, these are my parents, Ruth and Stan. Mom, Dad, this is Ron, the stage manager.”
“Hi!” He shook their hands. “You guys are welcome to come to the venue too.”

An hour later, Kristi and JC were showing Ruth and Stan around back stage. They loved the Toy Room, and were shocked at the number of costumes.
“JC, Kristi!” Justin called from behind them. He caught up and said, “Wade just got here, and unless we want to see him explode, I suggest we get on stage.” He noticed Kristi’s parents. “Since Kristi is so rude and didn’t introduce us, I’m Justin, the most important person you’ll meet today!”
Kristi pushed him in the back of the head, and ignoring his comments about messing up his hair, Kristi told her parents how to get to the floor so they could watch sound check.

When Kristi, JC, and Justin reached the stage, Wade was nowhere to be seen. They goofed around on stage with the others, killing time. The doors to the right of the stage burst open, silencing everyone.
“Welcome back Kristi. Everyone ready to work?” They all nodded, reluctantly. “April, will you sit and watch, let me know if you see anything funny…” April sat down in the front row. “Let’s start from the beginning.”
The run-through went well; Kristi was a little rusty, but nothing noticeable. The others were tired from touring, so they were all about even.
Kristi’s parents had left towards the beginning of the show, saying they didn’t want to spoil the surprise. Kristi understood, this must be really boring. They were stopping after every few songs, and she knew she didn’t want to be there; why would her parents?
Kristi sat down on the side of the stage and relaxed during a slow song section; her knee didn’t hurt, it was more her whole body. Maybe going out dancing last night wasn’t the best idea.
Kristi heard the same song from JC’s parents’ anniversary party. She smiled and relaxed on the side of the stage; she loved watching the guys sing.
In the middle of the song, JC made his way over to her. “What are you doing?” she hissed.
JC paid no attention to her; he took her hand and helped her stand up, all the while singing to Kristi.
Girl in your eye
I feel your fire burn
All your secrets I will learn
Even if it takes forever
With you by my side
I can do anything
I don’t care what tomorrow brings
As long as we’re together
JC placed Kristi’s hand on his heart, holding it there with his hand. Kristi was smiling; JC is so sweet. She could feel his heart beat; hers was beating so fast, Kristi was surprised that it hadn’t escaped her chest.
My heart is telling me
That you could my meant to be
I know it more each time we touch
He let go of her hand, winked, and walked back over to the other guys. Kristi stood there, dumbfounded. She was having trouble functioning; why could he do that to her so easily?
“What was that all about?” Michelle whispered when Kristi finally sat back down.
“I have no idea…it was a surprise.” Kristi said. She quietly added to herself, “And I have a lifetime of surprises ahead of me.” She wasn’t aware that Michelle heard that. It was all Michelle could do to keep quiet until she had the chance to talk to Kristi.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki