The Little Things by rubberducks


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Kristi was nervous before the concert. She was worried her costumes wouldn’t fit because she’d been sitting on her ass for the past three weeks. She was worried she’d forget how to dance, or throw up on stage. Needless to say, she shouldn’t have worried.
The concert was amazing. Kristi felt great; she nailed every move and her enthusiasm was contagious. JC fed off of her energy, as did everyone else. It seemed to go by in no time; it felt like after 10 minutes, she was running towards JC, jumping into his arms, and kissing him.
“You were fantastic.”
“Thanks Jayce…it felt so good to be out there again.”
He kissed her quickly and put her down. He knew everyone would want to hug Kristi, and he was willing to share.
“Kristi, you were amazing!” Michelle pushed her way through everyone.
Kristi hugged the remaining 8 people, before running around backstage to find her parents. She found them hanging in the corner, lurking by the door.
“What are you doing over here?”
“We didn’t want to interrupt you…”
“Nonsense!” Kristi hugged Ruth and Stan, and then dragged them over to her friends. “Guys, these are my parents, Ruth and Stan! This is Beth, Lauren, April, and Meghan, Joey, Chris, and Lance.”
“Are we supposed to remember everyone’s names?”
Kristi laughed. “Not right now, but there will be a quiz later tonight.”

Ruth and Stan left to go back to the house, getting ready for company. Everyone showered quickly, and then piled into two tour vans. Kristi was piloting one, while Lance drove the other. “Should we be worried?” Kristi asked JC as he buckled himself into the passenger seat.
“I don’t think so. Just don’t go over speed limit, so Lance can keep up.”
“Does he know what you guys say about him when he’s not here?”
“We talk like this even when he is!” Joey added from the backseat.
“I can think of worst things to be called…” April said thoughtfully.

Both vans got to the house safely. Kristi was surprised at the number of cars parked outside her house. How many people did her parents invite?
They all entered the house. Kristi didn’t want to spend the night introducing people so she yelled. “Thanks for coming everyone! We’re all friends here, so introduce yourselves to each other!” With that, she grabbed JC’s hand and dragged him over to meet some of her closer friends.
While Kristi was talking, JC looked around the house, or what he could see of it. There was a big family room connected to a TV room with no wall; the furniture had been pushed against the walls so people could dance. A stereo was playing music and the food was in the kitchen. JC had a feeling Jess had helped organize this party.
“Kris, let’s go dance!”
“You want to dance now? Aren’t you tired?”
“Not at all…” He knew how to provoke her. “Are you?”
“No!” She pulled him into the family room and began jumping around, trying to contain her energy. JC grabbed her hands and pulled her close. Kristi laughed and started moving in time with JC; their hips met. Kristi broke her hands free from JC’s grasp and turned around. She grabbed a drink from a friend passing by; taking a sip, Kristi began to dance with JC. His hands snaked around her waist, pulling her tighter. She could feel his breath on her neck.
After two songs, JC also grabbed a drink. They sat down on the couch, talking with Leslie and Tasha. One of JC’s hands was attached to his drink, and the other one was resting on Kristi’s leg. He wished she hadn’t worn pants.
“Boys” by Britney Spears came on and Kristi said, “Jayce, I think we owe Ms. Spears a thank you!” She got up, pulling him with her. Not knowing exactly what she was talking about”Wade left for the Britney tour!”JC almost spilled his drink, but he wasn’t about to complain.
Kristi grabbed JC’s free hand and starting moving closely to him. Kristi knew exactly how to excite JC, and she was doing a good job of it; she would brush her hips against his, breath on his neck, whisper in his ear. And when he thought he couldn’t take anymore, Kristi would turn around and press her backside against his front. JC didn’t mind, though; this was Kristi after all.
I spotted you dancin'
You made all the girls stare
Those lips and your brown eyes (oooh)
And the sexy hair
I should shake my thang
Make the world want you (giggle)
Tell your boys you'll be back
I wanna see what you can do (uh)
Kristi whispered “Those lips and your blue eyes, and the sexy hair” right near JC’s ear. He could feel her breath. JC took the opportunity to nibble on her ear; she yanked it away, smiled, and started dancing again.
What would it take for you to just leave with me?
Not tryin to sound conceited but
you and me were meant to be (yeah)
You're a sexy guy, I'm a nice Girl
Let's turn this dance floor into our own little nasty world!

Boys!
Sometimes a girl just needs one (you know I need you)
Boys!
To love her and to hold (I just want you to touch me)
Boys!
And when a girl is with one (mmm, mmm)
Boys!
Then she's in control!
JC said, fully aware that he was being corny, “You’re always in control.” Kristi laughed, knowing that wasn’t fully true.
Took the boy off the dance floor
Screaming in his ear
Musta' said somethin bout me (what you say)
Cuz he's lookin over here
You lookin at me (giggle)
With a sexy attitude
But the way your boys movin it (uh)
It puts me in the mood
JC and Kristi both passed their drinks off to someone else, and JC grabbed both of her hands. Their bodies were connected, making it hard to tell where one ended and the other began. JC’s face was in Kristi’s hair, breathing in its scent.
What would it take for you to just leave with me?
Not tryin to sound conceited
but you and me were meant to be
You're a sexy guy, I'm a nice Girl
Let's turn this dance floor into our own little nasty world
Kristi said, “What would it take for you to just leave with me?” and winked, tossing her hair. JC couldn’t control himself; he knew the reason they hadn’t turned this dance floor into their own little nasty world was because of her parents, but they wouldn’t mind if they kissed…right? JC captured her lips, his arms pushing her closer to him.
Boys!
Sometimes a girl just needs one (I get nasty)
Boys!
To love her and to hold (I get nasty)
Boys!
And when a girl is with one (I get nasty)
Boys!
Then she's in control! (You like that? Here we go..)

Can't live with em'
Cant live without em'!
When the song was done, JC whispered, “I’d leave with you any day.” Kristi smiled and swatted JC’s shoulder.
“We really need to work on this whole PDA thing.” She saw the look JC gave her. “Remember, I said we!”
Justin came up behind JC and asked loudly, “Did you hear that Nelly sent us his remix version?”
JC’s eyes lit up. “Really?”
“Really…I have a copy of it with me.”
“Kris, we’re changing the music!” JC and Justin headed towards the stereo, while Kristi kept dancing, surrounded by friends.
The party was like a walk down memory lane; more like a marathon, because everything was happening so quickly, and her present was combining with her past. Her dance friends from high school were there; Leslie, Tasha, and Deena had danced with Kristi for 12 years. Her friends from school were there, and so was”Kristi did a double take. What was he doing here? Alex spotted her, and made his way over.
“Hi Kristi…long time no see!”
“What are you doing here?”
“What, no hello?” She didn’t say anything. “Your parents invited me. Obviously they don’t know why we broke up…”
“Fine, you’re here, leave me alone.”
“But I want to meet all of your new friends!”
Kristi felt an arm wrap around her waist and a chin rest on her shoulder. “Who’s this?” JC asked.
Alex’s face curled into a twisted smile. “Alex, this is my boyfriend, JC. Jayce, this is my”this is Alex.”
The smile disappeared from JC’s face. “Hi.”
“It was nice meeting you…I’ll see you around.” Alex disappeared into the crowd.
“What’s he doing here?” JC asked as he turned Kristi around in his arms.
“My parents invited him.”
JC knew Kristi too well. “They don’t know what happened, do they?”
Kristi shook her head. “The only people who do are you, Michelle, Jeff, and Jess.”
“You gotta tell them.”
“I will…but not tonight.”
“I’m holding you to that!”
“Fine…but let’s not worry about that now…you’re remix is playing!”
JC and Kristi started dancing dangerously close, and were soon joined by everyone from the tour, and Kristi’s dance friends. Those who couldn’t dance enjoyed watching those who could.
Kristi liked Nelly’s remix of “Girlfriend”; it added flavor. What girl could resist a man saying she was as cute as Beyonce, had the talent of Alicia, and had a ghetto booty?
I need a fiance cute as Beyonce
Ghetto like Da Brat
Ready to scrap when I say
The talents of Alicia, my fault Ms. Keys
I take the hips off Trina
The lips off Eve
I put ya so high on a pedestal, it might make ya nose bleed
So much ice around ya ankles, and watch ya toes freeze
What's wrong, ma? Ya man ain't bringing ya joy?
Don't trip flip ya scrip to a country boy
Now c'mon
She whispered to JC, “Maybe gold teeth aren’t that bad…”
He gave her a look and kissed her. They continued to dance dangerously close, hips meeting together.
Alex was watching from afar. He thought they were disgusting. He heard Kristi’s parents talking.
“I like these boys”and the other dancers!” Ruth said. “They’re so good for Kristi.”
“Yeah, and JC…he has his head on his shoulders.”
“I’ve never seen her so happy. Stan, maybe we can go visit next year, in Orlando, see what her life really is like. We haven’t been down there since college!”
“Maybe.”
“Hi Mr. and Mrs. Goslen,” Alex interrupted. “Thanks for inviting me, this is a nice party.”
“Oh Alex sweetie, your welcome! And tell Jess that…she planned it.”
“Where is Jess?”
Stan answered. “Sam had to work late, and they didn’t want to have a sitter, so she’s waiting for him to get home before she comes over.” For some crazy reason, Stan was interested in Alex’s opinion. “Alex, what do you think of JC?”
Alex smiled; this was too easy. “I think he’s a jerk. An ego-filled head…Kristi’s just his latest prize.”
“Really, you think so?” Ruth asked. This didn’t sound like the JC they had met. And Kristi normally had a good choice in men.
“Yeah, but I barely talked to him…so what’s my opinion?”
Neither Ruth nor Stan answered. Maybe he was falling out of good grace.
“There’s Jess!” Stan said. He and Ruth moved away from Alex towards Jess.

“Kristi! I heard you were amazing tonight!” Jess squealed as she reached her sister on the ‘dance floor’, giving her a hug.
“Thanks! I wish you could have been there! And thanks for the party, it’s awesome!”
“No problem and I’ll be there tomorrow!” She checked her watch. “I’ll be there tonight!”
“Did you see who was here?”
“Alex?”
“Yep…but he’s avoided me since he came over to say hi.”
“That’s good.” Jess was tapped on the shoulder and turned around to see JC, arms wide open, waiting for a hug. “Hey JC! How are you?”
“I’m good, and you?”
“Not too bad…are you treating my sister well?”
JC laughed. “Sometimes I think you care too much.”

Kristi enjoyed the whole night”enjoyed isn’t a strong enough word. She loved the whole night. With her return to dancing on tour, and the party with all of her friends, her life felt so right. JC met all of the people from Kristi’s past, including pieces she would rather leave behind.
“It’s only fair,” JC said. “You met Rachel, I meet Alex.” Kristi nodded. She still didn’t want Alex there, but she didn’t want to ask him to leave. “Don’t worry about him Kris, just have fun!”
And fun she had. At 2 o’clock in the morning, Stan and Ruth said good night. People started leaving then, and Kristi stood by the door, hugging everyone who was leaving.
At 3 o’clock, she collapsed onto a couch next to Justin. “Move your legs, or your hair is mine.”
“Someone’s pushy.”
“Who’s driving back?” Lance asked, yawning.
“What do you mean? It’s not like we’re drunk.” Joey said.
“Can anyone keep their eyes open?” Beth asked.
No one spoke, so Kristi stood up. “Just crash here. I’ll go grab some blankets and pillows. Three of you can fit in my sister’s room, across the hall from the bathroom upstairs…” Michelle, Beth and April jumped up. “There’s stuff already up there. Good night!” The three disappeared up the stairs. “The couch you’re on, Chris and Joey, pulls out into a bed. Two people can sleep on that…Lauren and Meghan.” Kristi knew guys had issues with sharing beds. “There’s four of you left, and four couches, so good luck claiming the biggest one.”
Kristi turned around to get blankets and pillows when Justin, being the smart ass he is, asked, “Where’s JC sleeping?”
“Where do you think smart ass?” Kristi asked.

Ten minutes later, Kristi and JC collapsed onto her childhood bed, exhausted. Kristi had to search her house for enough blankets for everyone. Then Joey and Justin had fought over the girliest looking blanket, forcing Kristi to be the referee.
She kissed JC, wrapping her arms around him.
“How does it feel to be back?” JC asked.
“Amazing…the tour and Chicago all in one night…I can’t believe it. Thank you for being better than amazing, Jayce. I love you.”
“I love you too Kris.” JC eyed the door and the ceiling. “Is your room soundproof?”
She giggled. “I’m tired…”
JC wasn’t giving up. “So?”
Kristi smiled. “Fine.” She allowed JC to roll on top of her, kissing him while unbuttoning his shirt. Kristi tossed his shirt on the floor while JC worked hers off. JC threw Kristi’s shirt on the ground to join his, and then her bra. Kristi’s hands made their way into JC’s pants, teasing him before taking off his pants. JC was kissing Kristi passionately, hands wandering up and down her torso; JC’s touch gave her the shivers. Just when JC’s pants were at his knees and he was in the process of unbuttoning Kristi’s, the door opened and they heard, “Get off of her!”
Kristi and JC looked up to see Alex standing in the doorway. “You heard me Chasez, get off of her!”
JC handed Kristi back her shirt, and stood up, in between her and Alex, pulling his pants up, so she could put her shirt back on without the creep seeing her.
“Get out of here Alex!” Kristi screamed, standing up and running towards the door. “What do you think you’re doing?”
“Saving your ass…” Alex grabbed her wrist and began to drag her out of the room.
“Get off of me! Let go!” Kristi was so tired that she could do little but claw at Alex.
JC had caught up quickly; he pushed Alex against the refrigerator, raising his fist, ready to punch if the need arose.
“What do you want JC?” Alex asked as if he were merely slightly bothered by this position.
“Get out…now!” JC words dripped with anger. By now, people started peering around corners, wondering what was going on.
“What the hell is going on?” Stan boomed as he hurried down the stairs. He saw Kristi in the corner, rubbing her wrist, eyes on JC and Alex. JC was glaring at Alex, and Alex turned his eyes on Stan, hoping for help.
“Well, Mr. Goslen, JC seems to have an anger problem.”
“Shut up!” Kristi yelled. “You fucking burst into my room, act like JC is doing something wrong, almost break my wrist, accuse my boyfriend of having an anger problem, and you got mud all over the floor! Get the fuck out of my house!” Kristi was seething.
“Kristi, language!” Ruth had appeared at the bottom of the stairs, followed by Michelle, Beth, and April.
“Sorry Mom…” Kristi mumbled.
“Alex, is what Kristi said true?” Stan asked. JC’s thought of Stan not being someone to cross was correct.
“Kind of…” Alex said.
JC released Alex, knowing Stan would take it from here, and went over to hug Kristi. Stan walked over to Alex and said quietly, although everyone could hear him. “You get out of my house boy; stay away from it, stay away from my family, everyone in this room, and you had better stay away from Kristi.” Stan looked like his eyes would shoot fire. “If you don’t, boy, you will be very sorry.”
Alex looked petrified. His eyes traveled the room, landing on Kristi, JC, Ruth, and then on Stan.
Alex left, mumbling something about not wanting to touch Kristi with a 10 foot pole.
“Not anymore,” Justin scoffed.
“What happened Kristi?” Stan asked.
Michelle quietly told everyone to go to bed, although she knew they would all be lying awake, thinking about what could have caused the scuffle.
“Why don’t we talk in my room?” Kristi asked. She grabbed JC’s hand and followed Ruth and Stan into her room.
“Kris, I don’t need to be in here…I can wait outside.”
“Don’t be silly!” Ruth said. “You’re practically family.”
JC shut the door and sat down at Kristi’s desk. Kristi sat with her parents on her bed. JC noticed his shirt lying on the floor and realized he was baring his chest. Turning pink, he put his shirt back on, and then noticed Kristi’s shirt was tied wrong. Could this night have taken a worse turn?
“What happened Kristi?” Stan asked again.
Kristi knew she would have to start from the beginning. “When Alex and I broke up senior year, he was ticked I was going to Florida; he thought I was choosing the school over him, when I was really choosing the school over another school. He thought I was traveling so far, just to fail, and I’d come crawling back to him.” Kristi paused, wondering how much to tell them.
JC read her mind. “Kris, tell them everything.” He smiled reassuringly at her.
“Ok…he told me that I was trash, and that he was the best I could do; that I didn’t deserve to be happy, and I would regret breaking up with him. He said I’d end up alone and miserable. Basically, he didn’t take it well, and he was an ass.”
Ruth looked like she was to say something about Kristi’s language, but decided against it.
“And this relates to tonight…” Stan asked, trying to draw the connection.
“Well, he’s just always been awful…I saw him in the supermarket with Jess last time I was here, and he called JC gay, asked if I wanted to sleep with him”even though he knew I was in a relationship”and tried kissing me. And he blames me for none of his relationships working out; he can’t get over me, he’s still in love with me, like I’m doing whatever I’m doing on purpose. Tonight, I don’t know how he got in, but he opened the door without knocking, and started yelling at JC to leave me alone. He grabbed my wrist, dragging me out of my room. If JC hadn’t almost punched him…well, we wouldn’t be talking about this.” Kristi ended. She was out of breath; Kristi had said everything very fast.
“Why didn’t you tell us what happened when you guys broke up, what, six years ago?”
Kristi sighed. “Because I knew I was going places, I wasn’t coming back here after college to live the rest of my life, and Alex was. I didn’t want to ruin life for him.”
“Kristi, you’re too nice sometimes.” Ruth said.
“So that’s why he was saying those things about JC earlier…” Stan said to his wife.
“What things?” Kristi asked, glancing at JC.
“Nothing important.” Ruth said. “Kristi, next time, tell us everything up front ok? We wouldn’t have invited him if we had known…”
“I know, I will. I promise.”
Stan got up and smiled at JC. “What can I say? You’re my little girl’s man…just keep protecting her.”
JC tried hard not to laugh; it sounded really silly. “Yes, sir.”
“We’re going to bed,” Ruth started. “Are you ok?”
“Yeah, I’m fine. So are we good on the Alex front?”
“Yes, we’re good.” Stan said. He was half way out the door when he turned around. “I’m assuming only Michelle and JC know about Alex?” Kristi nodded, confused. “That’s how he got in; they didn’t know he was bad.”
“Good night.” Kristi said.
Ruth shut the door on her way out.
JC moved over to the bed, and sat next to Kristi. “Care to explain to me the ‘I’m gay supermarket kissing’ thing?”
Kristi had forgotten she hadn’t told JC about that. “Oh well…I didn’t tell you because I didn’t think it was anything…” Kristi saw the look on JC’s face. “But communication”right, I’ll work on that. Anyways, he asked if I wanted to sleep with him”after some small talk”I said no. He said it was because I was fucking a gay *NSYNC guy…I told him you weren’t gay and that I loved you, and he was going on about how you screw a celebrity and you can’t go back to insignificant people…and then he tried kissing me, but Jess came back.”
JC shook his head, smiling. “Looks like someone is jealous that you got out of the town, made a name for yourself, and that you’re happy.” JC took his sneakers off. “Let’s get some sleep…”
Kristi was shocked. “What? No ‘you should have told me’?”
“Kris, you know you should have told me, I don’t need to tell you that.” He smiled. “C’mon, get comfortable, relax!”
JC took his shirt off again, and his pants, placing them on the floor. He pulled the covers back on Kristi’s bed as she found a spare t-shirt in her abandoned drawers. She changed, and then joined JC in bed.
“I love you.”
“I love you too Jayce.” She traced the contour of his stomach muscles. “You said you wanted to learn about my childhood…”
JC smiled. “And I did.” He kissed her. Mumbling, “I know…certain things…are out of the question now, but we can still make out, right?”
Kristi giggled, wrapping her arms around JC’s neck. “Of course.”
They began kissing passionately. Even with the sour occurrences at the end of a fabulous night, Kristi was happy.

JC awoke to a knocking on the door. “Can I come in?”
JC pulled his shirt from the floor. Buttoning it, he said, “Yeah, come on in.”
Ruth poked her head through the door, and seeing that both occupants of the bed were decent, she entered with coffee. “I figured you guys could use something strong to wake you up after last night.”
JC chuckled and accepted a mug. “Thanks.” He began shaking Kristi. “Wake up…”
“She tends to not listen to anyone…”
“I’ve figured out a way.” JC smiled at Ruth, and placed his mouth close to her ear and began to sing, “You see I toss and turn when I’m alone, and I just can’t wait ‘til you get home…”
Kristi stretched her arms. Rolling over, she said, “Good morning Jayce…but don’t you normally sing that after we”“
“Ruth brought us coffee!” JC said, trying to keep Kristi from embarrassing both of them.
Kristi sat up and accepted the mug Ruth gave her. “Thanks mom. What time is it?”
“8 o’clock…what time do you have to leave?”
“As soon as everyone’s up.”
“You can’t stay for breakfast?”
“Mom, do you really want to cook breakfast for 12 people, including yourself?”
Ruth laughed. “Well, I already ate, and you know how to cook now, and I’m sure some of the girls can cook…and JC, can’t you cook? I think Kristi mentioned something about that…”
JC shoved Kristi. “I’d love to help Ruth.”
“Great! I’ll get started, and you two can wake everyone else up, and then come help!”
Ruth shut the door on her way out, humming down the hall.
Kristi bent her legs up to her chest, leaning against JC’s side. “She is crazy.”
“The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree!” JC teased.
“Hey! That’s not a nice thing to say to your girlfriend.”
He kissed her pouting mouth. “Don’t worry honey. Didn’t I tell you I want to marry that apple, and then make baby apples?”
Kristi snorted. “I guess you said something like that…that’s so corny!”
“I know, but what can you do?”
Kristi started getting out of bed when JC continued. “And, I don’t always sing The Two of Us after we make love…I like to vary things, thank you very much! And way to almost embarrass us in front of your mother!”
Kristi laughed and pulled JC out of bed with her. “Let’s go wake everyone up!” She said as they both pulled pants on.
Ruth needed to stop listening to conversations; this was the second time! Ruth was on her way upstairs when she heard Kristi and JC talking about apple trees. She smiled; they were so cute and in love. She would love having JC for a son-in-law, but she wouldn’t say anything yet. Ruth didn’t want to jinx anything.

Breakfast was quite the event; they used a whole box of pancake mix, one and half bottles of syrup and three pots of coffee. Ruth didn’t mind; she loved having the company! The kitchen was a mess, covered in pancake mix and food from last night. Kristi felt bad about leaving the mess for her mother, but Ruth wouldn’t have her stay just to clean up.
On their way out, Ruth said, “You’re all welcome back any time!”

“I like your mom Kristi!” Joey said as they all entered the elevator at the hotel.
“Me too…and your dad; they have spunk!” Chris added.
Kristi nodded, leaning against JC. The events of the previous days were catching up with her. JC wrapped his arm around her shoulders and kissed the top of her head.
“Kristi,” Beth began tentatively. “What happened last night?”
Kristi groaned; she knew this question would come up eventually. Forcing herself to stand up straight, she began. “He’s my ex from high school…things didn’t end well and he’s such a prat…he’s not over it and…” Kristi searched for the words to describe her situation with Alex.
“He’s jealous that Kristi is happy, and is doing something she loves and got out of the town, while he didn’t.” JC finished for her.
“Oh, makes sense.” Justin said. “It would have been nice to see JC beat his ass.”
“But blood is so difficult to clean up!” Lauren added, laughing at her own joke.
Kristi and JC tried to pay attention to the conversation, but they were so tired; they had probably stayed up later than everyone else.
JC finally asked the question everyone had been wondering. “Do we have anything today before sound check?”
No one could think of anything, so instead of showering or changing when Kristi and JC reached their room, they collapsed onto the bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

Things seemed to get back on track in the next few days; Kristi got used to dancing every night, something she was pleased about. They all caught up on sleep, refusing requests to go out after shows or to stay out late on nights with no shows. April went home, but was promised phone calls, especially if there was any breaking news, so she wouldn’t have to hear it from MTV or something. Ruth called Kristi twice, seeing if she could get anything out of her about an engagement or wedding details. Kristi thought this was cute, but assured her mom that if anything had happened, they would know about it.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki