The Little Things by rubberducks


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The afternoon before the last show, the guys hosted a party at the venue for everyone involved with the tour. April even came, as it was in Orlando. They had decorated the back rooms with streamers and confetti; there were tables of food and drinks for everyone. There was music playing, but very little dancing, seeing as they still had a show that night. It was basically a time for everyone, roadie and performer alike, to hang out and savor the moment of the final show.
Sound check followed the party; Kristi went to sit with the other dancers, April, Kate, and Madi (Kate and Madi had come for the last show). Fighting hard and losing, Kristi started to cry.
“Kristi! What’s wrong?” Beth asked, throwing an arm around her shoulder.
She sniffled trying to pull her thoughts together. “Nothing.”
“Nothing?” Kate asked. “Yeah right.”
“You and Justin are too perfect for each other!” Michelle pointed out.
“Is it because this is your last show, ever?” Lauren asked, trying to be helpful.
This made Kristi break down completely, her shoulders shaking. “Way to go Lauren.” Meghan said.
“Guys, fighting isn’t going to help!” Madi said.
Kate came up with an idea. “Kristi how about it tomorrow night, we all go out dancing? As a final hurray before your surgery?”
“I’d like that.” Kristi said honestly; what could be better than dancing with her best friends, one last time before surgery?
“Everyone, clear your schedules for tomorrow night!” Madi commanded.
“I know we’re all good.” Michelle answered for the dancers. “April?”
“I’m done rehearsal at 5.”
“Justin’s free.” Kate said.
“Chris and I are free.” Madi added.
“I’m pretty sure Lance isn’t doing anything…” April said as an afterthought.
“Oh yeah!” Kate said. “April’s joining our club! The *NYSNC girlfriend club!”
Madi laughed. “We should get shirts…but who’s our final member?”
Kristi smiled. “Heather Chasez.”
Kate’s eyes widened. “You’re kidding.”
“Nope…JC already gave him the ‘you hurt my sister, I kill you’ talk.”
“Wow…” Madi said. “Well, Joey will clear his schedule even if the off chance he is busy.”
Kristi wiped tears away from her eyes. “Thanks guys…you’re a huge help.”
“Our pleasure!” Beth said.

The concert was over. The tour was over. There was such finality to the last song and the applause of the crowd. Tears were running down Kristi’s face again; it was a mixture of happiness and sadness. She was sad because her touring life was over; but she was so happy. She had been on three tours and had the time of her life. She had a promising future as a choreographer and was in love with the greatest guy ever, Kristi was sure of it.
Back stage, she hugged everyone in sight, including Ron and Johnny. They all whispered words of congratulations and well wishes. Kristi was beaming when she ran up to JC and jumped into his arms. She kissed him hard on the lips. “I love you.”
“I love you too Kris.”
“Can you believe it’s over?”
“Not really…but”Kris have you been crying?”
He wiped a tear off of her cheek. “Yeah, but they’re happy tears. You know how they say, ‘don’t cry because it’s over, cry because it happened’? Well, that’s why I’m crying.”
He kissed her again. “I have to go toast everyone with the guys, but then we can go home, ok?”
JC made his way over to the guys while Kristi huddled with the dancers. She spoke quickly, knowing the guys would be starting soon. “Girls, it’s been a pleasure working with you all. You’re all amazing dancers, and even better people. Keep dancing, or following your heart at the least, and don’t be a stranger!”
Just as Kristi finished, the guys started. Lance was first. “Well guys…it’s over. To the roadies, thank you for all of your hard work…with out it, we’d look pretty stupid.”
“To Ron,” Joey said. “You kept this whole stage together, and you never even yelled. I don’t know how you did it, but you did. Thanks for everything.”
“Johnny,” Justin began. “You’re like a father to us, and you’ve always had our best interest at heart. You keep your cool in even the toughest situations…you’re a great manager, and an amazing person.”
“Melinda,” Chris started. “Thanks for all of your hard work, because without you, we’d be dancing naked. And I’m sure that the fans would like it, but I don’t think we would…” Chris trailed off.
“To the dancers,” JC’s eyes flickered towards the group of girls. “You always kept rehearsal and touring light and fun. Thank you for making us look good and putting up with us”you know you liked it!” JC laughed. “And a special thank you to our dance captain, Kristi. You were the queen of cool and helped us, even for hours after rehearsal was officially over. You danced injured, and…” JC had tears in his eyes. “I’d like to wish Kristi good luck in her future endeavors, as tonight was her last concert”she’s retiring. I love you, Kris.” JC cleared his throat while others aw-ed. “So thank you to everyone”managers, roadies, dancers, costume personnel, and anyone else we forgot.”
The guys raised their glasses to everyone, and then drank. JC jogged over to Kristi and hugged her. “I love you too Jayce.” They kissed until Justin tapped JC on the shoulder.
“We have to bang out details for tomorrow night!” Justin was holding Kate’s hand, grinning.
“How about 8 o’clock, at the Attic?”
There were mummers of agreement.

Kristi tossed her luggage just inside the door of JC’s”their house. JC followed her, wrapped his arms around Kristi’s waist, and dragged her to the couch.
“It feels good to be home.” Kristi said, not fully aware of what she said.
JC was. “It feels good to hear you call this home.” He smiled at Kristi. They lay on the couch in silence for 5 minutes. Finally, JC got up, held out his hand, and he and Kristi went upstairs to their bedroom to sleep.

The13 of them met at the Attic at 8 o’clock. One of the many advantages of being with celebrities is that you get to skip the line, which is exactly what they did.
They were given their own private room, as most celebrities were, and could retreat there whenever they weren’t dancing. They had access to a waitress, but most just stopped at the bar on their way in or out of the room.
Kristi and JC spent most of the night dancing, trying to forget that this may be the last one they have in a while. Justin and Kate, Lance and April, Joey, Michelle, and Beth also spent most of their time on the dance floor. Kristi had so much fun; she danced with every person who asked, even a pretty sketchy guy who JC had his eye on to make sure nothing funny happened. But Kristi had the most fun while she was dancing with JC; they connected in just the right way.
When you’re little, your parents may have told you about sole mates. Kristi’s parents did, but she didn’t always believe it. But that night, dancing with the man she wanted to”and was going to”spend the rest of her life with, Kristi believed. That is what she was going to teach their kids. She smiled thinking about it; she wasn’t sure what she and JC would say when the kids asked how they met, but they had time to think of something. They weren’t going to lie, but who wants to hear about Wade?
No one wanted the night to end; it would be turning the page on one very important chapter in all of their lives. But like one very insightful song says, “Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end.” It was true; tonight might mark the end of one chapter, but it also marked the beginning of another. A chapter in which they were all free to pursue different things, start families, and be best friends and not coworkers.
Kristi was scared to let go of JC, or to let him out of her sight. She was afraid she’d wake up, and it will have all been a dream. She fought the urge to pinch herself. Kristi decided that life was amazing, and she wasn’t going to worry about the doubts and fears that were uselessly occupying her mind.
As it got closer and closer to 2 o’clock, club closing time, the more the 13 of them danced. Everyone seemed to leave them alone; maybe they were already fading away from center stage. Kristi felt as if she were having an out-of-body experience; she saw herself dancing with JC and her friends, enjoying herself. JC didn’t want to think that night; he just wanted to enjoy it.
The club was filled with moans when the DJ announced this was the last song. “Sorry ladies and gents…this is the last song. But, it goes out to a special group of people…” Wondering who this group was, they all craned their necks, looking around the club. When they heard the beginning of the song, it clicked.
Dirty Pop...
Sick and tired of hearin' all these people talk about
What's the deal with this pop life
and when is it gonna fade out?
The thing you got to realize is
What we're doing is not a trend
We got the gift of melody
We gonna bring it 'til the end
Come on now...
JC, Kristi, Justin, Kate, Chris, Madi, Michelle, Beth, Meghan, Lauren, April, Lance, and Joey all began dancing at once. They were grinning, realizing how true the song was; Pop, along with other things, would always be around.
It doesn't matter
'Bout the car I drive
What I wear around my neck
All that matters
Is that you recognize
That it's just about respect
It doesn't matter
'Bout the clothes I wear
and where I go and why
All that matters
Is that you get hyped
and we'll do it to you every time

Do you ever wonder why (why)
This music gets you high
It takes you on a ride
Feel it when
Your body starts to rock
and baby you can't stop
and the music's all you got
This must be

Dirty pop, dirrrrty, dirrrrty pop
You can't stop
I know you like this dirty pop
This must be

Now, why you wanna try to classify the type of thing we do
'Cause we're just gonna do what we like
Can we say the same for you?
Tired of feeling all around me animosity
Just worry 'bout yours cause I'ma get mine
Now people can't you see
Kristi felt as though this could have been the tour’s anthem. Smiling sheepishly, she remembered that the tour was called, “Pop Odyssey”.
It doesn't matter
'Bout the car I drive
Or the ice around my neck
All that matters
Is that you recognize
That it's just about respect
It doesn't matter
'Bout the clothes I wear
and where I go and why
All that matters
Is that you get hyped
and we do it to you every time

Do you ever wonder why (why)
This music gets you high
It takes you on a ride
Feel it when
Your body starts to rock
and baby you can't stop
and the music's all you got
This must be (Oooo Oooo Oooo)

Man, I’m tired of singing
The guys tried to push the voice in the back of their heads agreeing with that one line; yes, they may be tired now, but singing would always be a passion on theirs, and one thing that always connected them.
Do you ever wonder why (why)
This music gets you high
It takes you on a ride
Feel it when
Your body starts to rock
and baby you can't stop
and the music's all you got
This must be
The past 8 months had been incredible. Everyone agreed on this; how could they ever top this experience? Trying to top it wouldn’t work, just enjoying life would, however.
Do you ever wonder why (why)
This music gets you high
It takes you on a ride
Feel it when
Your body starts to rock
and baby you can't stop
and the music's all you got
This must be

POP…

The music ended and reality set in. The tour was over, for good. Kristi felt chills run up her spine; shaking her head, she reminded herself of everything else she had to look forward to. They all grabbed their coats and headed out of the door. JC slung his arm over Kristi’s shoulders, Kate and Justin each had an arm around the other’s waist, Chris and Madi were holding hands, and Lance and April were walking next to each other, still shy.
Tonight had been good closure; it was just friends enjoying one last night together. They would never know why they were all thrown together for the tour. But they all had an amazing ride and it was an experience they would never forget.
Memories would be all they had after tonight. And music. They would never stop being friends and making music, one way or another.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki