The Little Things by rubberducks


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Kristi awoke from surgery, groggy and feeling gross. It took a minute for her sight to regain its focus, but when it did, her breath caught in her throat. Her hospital room was filled with flowers and balloons and stuffed animals and cards—anything someone could think of to make someone feel better after surgery.
JC had been sitting in a chair next to Kristi’s bed, reading a magazine when he noticed Kristi was awake. “Hey honey, how are you feeling?”
Kristi smiled. She thought this question was a little mundane, but she answered anyways. “Not to bad, all considering…”
He got up and knelt next to her bed. He took her hand and put his other hand up to her cheek. “The doctor said everything went fine, and that you can go home tomorrow.” Kristi nodded. “I’m gonna stay with you tonight.”
“Jayce, don’t, go home and sleep.”
“There’s nothing you can say to change my mind.” They smiled at each other. “Your parents called, and they’ll be coming down in a few weeks, when you can walk. And everyone else has been calling and sending their love.” He motioned to the presents around the room. “I have a special present I want you to open now…”
“Jayce, you didn’t have to get me anything!”
“Kristi…open it!” He handed her a big envelope.
Kristi glanced at JC before opening it. She pulled out a card and read that. All it said was:
Dear Kris,
I love you.
JC
It only took 3 words to make her smile. “Thanks Jayce—“ He cut her off.
“There’s more.”
She gave him a doubtful look before looking back in the envelope. Her hand emerged with a glossy picture—now she understood the reason for a huge envelope. It was a collage of pictures. There were pictures of her and JC, the guys, the dancers, Kate and Justin, Madi and Chris, her family, her high school friends, everyone. Who knew so much emotion and love could be placed on an 8.5x11 page.
Kristi looked at him again, tearful. “Jayce, it’s…” She couldn’t think of the words to say. So she just went with a classic. “I love you.”
“I love you too, Kris.”
She looked at the collage for another minute before handing it back to JC so he could put it on the table, out of harm’s way. He took her hand and said, “Scoot over. I’m not sleeping in the chair!”
Kristi giggled but willingly moved towards the side of the bed. JC wrapped his arms around her, and Kristi rested her head on his shoulder, using her finger to trace his face.
They talked quietly for a little bit, before Kristi drifted off to sleep. JC stay awake for a bit longer, enjoying the peaceful look on Kristi’s face. He gazed at her lovingly.
They’ll spend thousands of nights sleeping together peacefully like they were tonight.
JC fell asleep, thinking about how lucky he was to have Kristi, the woman he was going to spend the rest of his life with. Kristi thought the same thing, dreaming about taking a daughter shopping for a prom dress. It’s the little things in life that mean so much.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki