The Little Things by rubberducks


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The saying is correct: time flies when you’re having fun. The next three weeks of the tour went by like a blur. It had been long enough that there was a rhythm; wake-up, have breakfast. The guys would have a schedule thing, and the girls would explore. Sound check, warm-ups, prep, concert, and then JC would walk Kristi to her door. She knew he wanted more; he wanted her to come back to his room. She couldn’t deny that she also wanted that, but she wanted”needed”this relationship to be different.
Kristi had her back against the wall next to her door. JC’s hands were cupping her neck while hers were tugging at his hair. His lips were attacking hers, and she heard him moan. As much as he wanted it, he had never asked, being the gentleman he is.
“JC”we”need”to”stop”“ She managed to get out in between kisses.
“Why?”
She pushed him away slightly, and gave him a look. He sighed. He knew he was pushing his luck.
“So, what do you have planned for our one month anniversary?” She asked him, trying to make his mind wander away from his bed.
“Our one month anniversary? I’m supposed to do something?” He asked, trying to sound confused, but he couldn’t hide his smile. “Since tomorrow’s a day-off and we’re in the middle of nowhere,” the tour was currently in Boise, Idaho, “I figured we could spend tomorrow…” He trailed off. “Actually, I’ve decided…it’ll be a surprise.” He pecked her on the lips. “Good night!” He said tauntingly.
Kristi shook her head at JC’s antics. He was trying to get back at her. It wasn’t working; Kristi didn’t care what they did, as long as she was with him.

Kristi woke the next morning at 8, which was early considering nothing tour-related was planned for that day. She got dressed and flipped through the channels, waiting for JC to call and waking Beth and Michelle up in the process.
“Why are you up so early?” Michelle asked.
“8 isn’t that early!” Kristi said. “You need to learn that…”
By 10, JC still hadn’t called, so Kristi walked down the hall to his room. She had been thinking all morning; tonight, she was going to sleep with JC. Why is this such a big deal? Kristi thought. I’ve slept with tons of guys…ok, not tons because Kristi is not a slut. But she wasn’t a virgin, and she liked JC very much. If they both wanted it, why stop themselves?
She knocked on the door. “JC?”
The door opened and revealed a pale, shaky looking man. Kristi rushed in, sat him down, and felt his forehead.
“You’re burning up!”
“I know.” JC croaked. “I talked to Mike. He went to get me medicine.” He pulled Kristi down to sit next to him. “I’m sorry this had to happen today.” JC began. “If you go now, maybe you can do something with Michelle.”
Kristi laughed. “JC, I’m not leaving. First, you and Mike could never take care of any sick person, let alone yourself…I’d come back to find my boyfriend in a comma. Second, I don’t care what we do, as long as I’m with you.” She looked at him, smiling.
“I’d kiss you, but I don’t want to get you sick.” Kristi laughed again.

JC and Kristi were watching one of those made-for-TV movies by the late afternoon. It was one of those Lifetime movies; the female was breaking up with an abusive husband.
“That reminds me of my ex, Alex.” Kristi said quietly. She looked at JC, pain evident in her face. She looked like she didn’t want to tell him, but she knew she should. “He didn’t hit me, but he was worse than Wade.” Kristi took a breath. No one in Orlando, other than Michelle, knew about Alex, but she felt that JC needed to so he could understand her better. “He was my high school sweetheart. He was going to University of Illinois, and wanted me to go with him…but the University of Florida gave me a scholarship…and I decided to go there. Alex got mad, and told me that I would regret going there, because he was the best I could do, and that I’d end up miserable and alone…He was the typical type of guy I’ve always dated”until you.” Kristi added. She didn’t want JC to think she expected him to start yelling at her anytime soon. “He was bossy, controlling, and just a bad boyfriend. They’re the type of men I know, I can deal with. That was one of the reasons I’d originally chosen Wade…I was comfortable with him, it wasn’t new.” Kristi propped herself on her elbow, looking at JC. “I just wanted to let you know, that I’m glad I’m trying something new. If I had stayed with Wade or something like that, Alex would be right. I’d be alone and miserable…”
“But you’re not alone…”JC interjected. “Not anymore.”
Kristi smiled and hugged JC. She got herself comfortable, wrapping her arms around him, resting her head on his shoulder.
JC’s insides squirmed. He knew that had been incredibly hard for Kristi to tell him. He knew this would be a good time to tell her about Rachel. Do it a voice egged him on. But he didn’t. And the moment passed. JC kicked himself as he was watching Kristi watch the movie.
He shook his head. How was it that JC could open himself up again, vulnerable and ready to move on, when he couldn’t share what had closed him in the first place? And why was Kristi the opposite? She was scared to make a commitment, to jump into the game, to look for Mr. Right, but she had managed to share her past. JC chuckled in his head. I am Mr. Right, he thought. And I’ll tell her eventually. He knew why it hurt so much to talk about; he had been blind. The warning signs of a deteriorating relationship were there, he ignored them. By the sound of it, Kristi just had a…unusual taste in guys. JC, on the other, had convinced himself nothing was wrong. He would tell her, eventually.
JC had been dozing on and off during the movie. He awoke to see a ballet class displayed across the TV screen. “What are we watching?”
Kristi looked over to him, “Center Stage.” She went to feel how hot his forehead was. “You’re not as hot as you were earlier…”
JC raised his eyebrows. “Not as hot?”
“You’re still pretty warm…” JC smiled at that.
“So what’s going on in the movie?” He asked her.
“Well…Jody gets in the American Ballet Academy, and she gets involved with Cooper, the famous dancer and choreographer, and that backfires. They have to put on this show, and her partner gets hurt so she has to dance with Cooper”“ Kristi stopped. “And that’s where we are now.”
“Sounds good.”
JC got better as the day went on. They ordered room service for dinner, and enjoyed their food at the kitchen table. They talked and laughed. Kristi couldn’t remember the last time she had enjoyed an evening in like she had tonight.
JC walked Kristi to her door, the first time he left the room all day.
“Thank you for staying with me today.” JC started.
“I had a nice day.” JC raised his eyebrows. “I’m sure what you had planned was better, but…”
“We have the day off in New York next week, and I can rearrange what I had planned for today.”
She kissed him on the cheek. “Good night, Jayce.”
“Good”wait, you’ve never called me Jayce before.”
“Do you like it?” Kristi hesitated. “It seems silly to”“
“I love it.”

JC had fully recovered for the next day’s show. He still looked pale, but his fever was gone and he was back to running around and singing.

A few days later, JC practically ran over to Kristi during lunch.
“Hey!” He said breathlessly. Not waiting for her to respond, “I have plans for tomorrow all set.”
“You seem excited.” JC grinned with a mischievous look in his eyes. “Should I be worried?”
“Maybe.”

JC arrived at Kristi’s door at 10, just like he had promised. He offered her his arm and they strolled towards the elevator.
“So what are we doing today?” Kristi asked as they stepped into the elevator.
“Well,” JC smiled. “First, we’re going to the Statue of Liberty”“
“How did you know I’ve never been there?”
“I have my sources…” JC continued. “Then we’re going to have a picnic lunch in Central Park.”
“Cheesy!”
“I don’t hear you protesting!” Kristi was silenced. “Then we’re coming back here, changing, and then we’re going to see 42nd Street.”
Kristi’s jaw dropped. She had always wanted to see 42nd Street, but she’d never been able to. JC had planned the day out magnificently and Kristi was very excited.
JC and Kristi arrived at the ferry, and spent the morning goofing around, laughing and taking pictures. They raced each other up the stairs reaching the torch. Kristi won, and she wouldn’t let JC forget it.
“What are you going to tell everyone?” Kristi asked. “You were beaten by a girl!”
“Well,” JC began, wrapping an arm around her waist, pulling her closer, “I think you’re probably the one girl I can stand losing to.” He kissed her quickly, and the two walked hand-in-hand down the stairs.
Once outside, JC bought the two of them the foam Statue of Liberty hats, and they got a picture.
“Great, just what I always wanted…” JC said. “To have a picture of me in a foam hat…”
“You’re the one who bought the hats!”
“True…”
They took the ferry back, and walked back to the car JC had borrowed from the tour. They headed towards Central Park, and Kristi couldn’t get over her luck that she ended up with one of the best guys, ever.
Kristi and JC enjoyed a nice lunch in the corner of Central Park. Although a picnic was romantic, Kristi knew that there was less of a chance of people recognizing JC in the park. She didn’t care, though.
“What are you going to do when your *NSYNC days are over?” Kristi asked.
“*NSYNC, over? No, I definitely still want to be involved music. Probably write and produce songs for other people, maybe do a few things on my own.”
“That sounds great.”
“What about you? When your touring days are over?” JC asked.
“Well,” She smiled sheepishly, “I’ve always wanted to be a choreographer. That’s what my scholarship to University of Florida had an emphasis on. But if that doesn’t work out, which I’m not expecting it to, I minored in business, so I could open up my own dance studio.”
“Why wouldn’t choreographing work out?”
“You need an in, they just don’t take walk-ins, ya know?”
JC shook his head, smiling. “Kristi, did you forget who you’re dating?”
Kristi’s eyes widened. “But I couldn’t ask you to do that”“
“You don’t have to. Any of the guys would be happy to be your ‘in’.”
Kristi smiled. Yep, I’m definitely lucky.
They returned to hotel, changed into nicer clothes, and headed towards Broadway. Before they went to their seats, JC bought Kristi and him programs and introduced her to a few people.
The whole show, Kristi was mesmerized. The dancing was incredible, every single tap dancer on beat and doing exactly the same thing. You never head a stray ‘tap’ and they all looked so confident. Her heart was pumping so wildly, she was sure JC could hear it.
After the show, Kristi threw her arms around JC’s neck. “Jayce, Thank you! I loved the whole day, and the show was amazing!”
JC was happy knowing Kristi was happy. “You’re welcome Kris.” He pecked her on the lips. “Ready to head back?” She nodded.
That night ended like the rest; JC walked Kristi to her door. This time, however, the good night kiss took a little longer than normal.

The tour had two shows in New York City, the next two nights. Then the CD release would be on the third day. JC wasn’t dreading that day, but he knew it would be long. They had promotional appearances and 4 hours devoted to signing at Virgin Megastores. He took it in stride, though; it was part of his job.
All of the guys managed to get through it with little difficulty, cracking jokes and trying to keep things light. It worked, and JC enjoyed the day. He was, however, looking forward to the party that night.

JC knocked on Kristi’s door, not surprised to see Michelle answering it.
“Hey Michelle, is Kristi close to being ready?”
“Almost!” Michelle herself was ready. “Come on it to wait.”
JC entered the room, and saw Beth finishing her make-up in the mirror. “Hey JC!” She said as she saw him in the mirror.
Kristi came dancing out of the bathroom with “Bootylicious” blasting. She turned around and saw JC. “Oh! Hi!” Kristi said. She hurried around, picking up various things she needed to bring down, and finally stopped in front of him. “Aren’t you proud of me?” She asked, batting her eyes. “I’m ready on time! I knew it’d look bad if you were late for your own CD release party…”
JC had barely heard a word she’d said; he was too busy looking at her. Kristi had her hair up in a messy fashion, with strands dangling down. Her dress was…fantastic. It was simple and black, but the back dipped dangerously low. She was gorgeous. JC had no idea on how he was going to keep his focus tonight; he did have to do several interviews and mingle. It’ll be a long night.
As soon as the elevator doors closed, JC pushed Kristi up against the wall and started kissing her. She didn’t protest, but she hoped that no one walked in on them. JC stopped just in time for the doors to open. “Sorry…” He whispered, breathless, “But I couldn’t resist. You look gorgeous.”
Kristi blushed. “Thank you, and don’t ever apologize for kissing me.” She smiled.
The two stepped out of the elevator, now in the lobby. JC led her towards the party, and said, “I have to mingle and do some interviews tonight…just letting you know.”
Kristi nodded. There was a knot growing in her stomach. She would be meeting many important people tonight, JC had warned her. What if they didn’t like her? What if she embarrassed herself, or worse, JC? I’ll just have to be dull and boring, Kristi thought. Dull and boring people don’t do embarrassing things.
They entered the room, which was covered in elaborate decorations. There were lights everywhere that reminded Kristi of Christmas tree lights, but much nicer. The album cover was blown-up and posted everywhere, as well as pictures of the guys. The buffet table was full of fancy food, and Kristi was sure she wouldn’t know what half of the things were.
There were many famous people there that Kristi recognized; Britney Spears, etc. and someone, who probably shouldn’t have surprised Kristi but did”Wade. JC knew what she was thinking. “You knew he would be here.”
“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean I’m thrilled about it…” Recovering Kristi said, “But this is your night, so I think I can be civil towards him.”
“Thank you Kris…” He kissed her quickly on the lips.
“You called me Kris…” JC nodded. “I like it.”
He kissed her again. “I have to go do some things, but I see Chris’s girlfriend by the bar.”
“Ok, I’ll see you later.”
JC turned and headed in the direction of Johnny, Chris, Lance, and Joey. Wondering where Justin was, Kristi looked towards the door and saw him walk in with Kate Summers, his actress girlfriend. Kristi smiled and made her way to Madi.
“Hi Madi!” Kristi greeted her. “Having fun?”
“Sure,” Madi said. Kristi gave her a puzzled look. “I like the party and everything, but I wish I could spend more time with Chris.” She sighed. “Things start to slow down for them as the night goes on. And this isn’t even their real party.”
“It’s isn’t?”
“No, they all party with all of their friends in Orlando once they’re initially done recording.”
“I guess that makes sense…I kind of wanted to meet some of JC’s other friends, but I guess I’ll have to wait…”
Madi and Kristi talked for a bit more before they were joined by Kate Summers. “Hi Madi!” Kate said cheerfully. She then turned to Kristi. “Hi, I’m Kate Summers, and you must be JC’s girlfriend.”
“Yeah, I’m Kristi Goslen, nice to meet you.”
Kristi was surprised at how friendly and open Kate was; she figured since Kate was famous herself, that she would have other things to do, people to talk to. Kristi glanced around, looking for Beth or Michelle or Lauren or Meghan. She didn’t see any of them.
“…so any closer to getting a ring, Madi?” Kate asked playfully.
“No, but we’ve only been dating for what, one and half years?” Madi answered sarcastically. Kate smiled sympathetically. “It’s good though, because neither of us is ready for that. I think we’re heading there eventually…he asked me to move in when he gets home from the tour.”
Kate squealed with excitement. “I think Justin is scared to make a serious commitment…”
“Or maybe he wants to wait until he gets home and he’s not in a different city every night to be completely serious. It’s crazy, this life is.”
Kate thought about this. “True. And to be honest, I’m only 20; I’m in no rush…”
“Good evening ladies!” Justin greeted them. He kissed Kate quickly, then said, “Woah, Kristi, you look amazing.”
Kristi smiled sheepishly. “Thanks.”
JC and Chris had made their way to the group by now. “Justin,” JC began, “Kate’s here, remember?” Kate smiled appreciatively at him. “Kristi, I want to introduce you to someone…” He took her hand and led her over to a tall, built man who was talking to none other than Wade.
“Mark, this is the lady I was telling you about!” JC started. Kristi groaned inwardly. What could JC have possibly said to this man?
“Hi Wade,” JC said politely. Wade nodded in acknowledgement. “Mark, this is Kristi Goslen, my girlfriend. Kristi, this is Mark Ramirez. He works for a choreographing company.”
Kristi shook his hand. “Nice to meet you.”
“Kristi is the tour’s dance captain.”
Mark smiled. Then he turned to Wade. “Given you any trouble?” He asked jokingly. Kristi held her breath, silently praying Wade would not make her look like an ass.
“Not too bad. I think the guys like her better than me, though.” Wade said half-heartedly.
“Well, yeah. She looks much better in that dress than you would.” Johnny had approached the group.
Everyone, including Wade laughed at that.
“Wade, can I borrow you for a minute?” Johnny asked.
Wade nodded to everyone and left.
“So,” Mark continued. “JC tells me you want to be a choreographer.”
Kristi’s face turned pink. “It’s just a thought, you know, something to think about once my touring days are over.”
“I hear that you got a scholarship from the University of Florida?” He asked.
“Yeah…” How much did JC tell this guy?
“Well Kristi, that’s pretty impressive.” A man came over and whispered something into Mark’s ear. “I have to run, but it was nice meeting you Kristi, and I’m sure I’ll see you again. JC, a pleasure, as always…”
JC turned, smiling to Kristi. She shook her head and said, “Thank you.”
JC, still smiling said cheesily, “No, thank you.” The music had been fast and upbeat, undoubtedly songs from *NSYNC’s new album, but changed to slow and romantic, also changing the mood. “Can I have this dance?”
“Of course.” Kristi gave him her hand and followed him out onto the dance floor. The two started dancing, and pretty soon Chris and Madi, Justin and Kate, Joey and some random girl, and Johnny and his wife were also dancing. More people filled the floor, and Kristi smiled as she recognized the song.
Can this be true?
Tell me, can this be real?
How can I put into words what I feel?
My life was complete
I thought I was whole
Why do I feel like I'm losing control?
I never thought that love could feel like this
and you've changed my world with just one kiss.
How can it be that right here with me
there's an angel?
It's a miracle...
Kristi heard a voice singing quietly in her ear. She smiled and said, “Justin’ll be mad that you’re stealing his part…” JC chuckled. “Do you always serenade your girlfriends?”
”Only the good ones…”
Your love is like a river
Peaceful and deep
Your soul is like a secret
That I could never keep
When I look into your eyes
I know that it's true
God must of spent...
A little more time
On you...
(A little more time, yes he did baby)
Kristi felt JC’s hand on her bare back. JC felt her breath on his neck, and continued singing to her.
In all of creation
All things great and small
You are the one that surpasses them all
More precious than
Any diamond or pearl
They broke the mold
When you came in this world
And I'm trying hard to figure out
Just how I ever did without
The warmth of your smile
The heart of a child
That's deep inside
Leaves me purified
JC’s touch became more sensual and Kristi felt herself craving it. She took her hand and started tugging at the back of his hair; JC groaned in response.
Your love is like a river
Peaceful and deep (and deep)
Your soul is like a secret
That I could never keep
When I look into your eyes
I know that it's true
God must of spent...
A little more time
On you...
Never thought that love could feel like this
and you changed my world with just one kiss.
How can it be that right here with me
There's an angel?
It's a miracle...
JC was going crazy; he was trying to control himself. He was giving himself credit; he was dancing with his girlfriend, whom he knew he was falling in love with, while she looked incredible, and…JC decided not to think anymore.
Your love is like a river
Peaceful and deep (peaceful and deep)
Your soul is like a secret
That I could never keep
When I look into your eyes
I know that it's true
God must of spent...
A little more time
On you...
(on you, on you, on you, you..)
God must of spent...
A little more time
on you
(on you, on you..you....you..oooh..yeah)
A little more time
on you...ohhh
JC spun Kristi around just as the song was ending. She tried catching her breath, her heart pounding loud. How was it that JC could unnerve her so simply? She was reluctant to let go of him once the song was over. His voice in her ear surprised her. “We only have to stay until Johnny makes his toast, and then we say something…then we’re out of here.” He kissed her quickly.
The rest of the night seemed to drag on. All Kristi could think about was JC, and she kept glancing at him from across the room. She was happy to see he was stealing looks at her too. Michelle, Beth, Lauren, and Meghan tried to keep her distracted; it didn’t work too well. Kristi was in a daze, and almost walked into someone. It was Wade.
“Oh, sorry.” She said. There was silent, neither knew what to say.
“I’m actually the one who should be apologizing…” Wade began. “About everything. I shouldn’t have acted the way I did in Milwaukee.”
“You’re right, you shouldn’t have.” Remembering that she told JC she would be civil towards Wade, Kristi said, “That’s ok….and thank you for what you said when we were with Mark Ramirez.”
“Glad to help.” The music slowed down again, and Wade asked, “Can I have this dance?”
Kristi glanced around to see where JC was. He was talking to a man with a camera and notepad, looking annoyed. “Sure…”
She followed him out onto the dance floor, and they began dancing. Kristi really didn’t want to look at him; even though they had officially fixed things between them, she was still uncomfortable. After a few minutes, Wade said, “Kristi, listen”“
“Can I cut in?” JC asked, coming from nowhere.
Wade looked away and said, “Yeah, of course.”
As soon as Wade walked away, Kristi said, “Thank you! He asked me, and I didn’t want to be rude…”
JC silenced her with a kiss.
For the rest of the night, JC didn’t want Kristi to leave his side. He even asked where she was going when she needed to use the bathroom. Kristi though it was cute.
When Kristi returned with the four other girls, she saw Johnny was gathering the guys around a microphone. They were getting ready to talk, and then she and JC could leave. “Thank you all for coming. This album has been a lot of work and we’re glad to be here, celebrating.” Johnny began. “As manager of this group of boys”” he was given five stern looks “”ok, men, I’m proud to say that this album is all about them. They wrote most of the music, they produced tracks; they put their hearts and feelings into album. It provides the most insight into their lives than any other album. So if you like what you’ve been hearing tonight, let these five men know.” Johnny handed the microphone to Lance.
“Thank y’all for coming,” Lance began. “It has been a pleasure putting this album together; I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to do what I love”making music”with people that I care about. So,” Lance glanced at the guys around him, “thank you to Justin, Joey, Chris, and JC, and Johnny; without you guys, life would be…” Lance struggled to find the words. “…boring.”
Justin was next. “A very wise woman once told me,” He glanced at Kate and took a deep breath, “That if you’re not having fun with what you’re doing, than it’s not worth doing it. That’s what this album was for me: fun. Everyone was very supportive of new ideas, letting me beat box, different dance vibes, and it was worth it. Guys, thanks for letting us take a chance. I think we did alright…”
Chris took the microphone. “First, thank you to the five men you see standing behind me. And that’s where they belong! Behind me! Haha…Anyways, Johnny, we’re old together, and JC, Justin, Joey, and Lance, you’re my best friends. And what better than doing what you love with your best friends?” Chris continued. “Madi, I love you and thank you for being my support system; even when I was tearing things apart, you were always there. And thank you all for coming to celebrate with us! And if you like our music, buy our CD!”
JC cleared his throat. “Music has always gotten me through difficult times. Whether I was 13 and dumped by my first girlfriend,” Justin snickered behind him, “or I’m 24 and I’ve got a new love in my life,” his eyes flickered towards Kristi and she turned pink, “Music has allowed me to express myself. This CD is full of our music”we wrote and produced most of these tracks. We tried some new things, and I’m glad they worked out. I don’t want to be too repetitive, but guys,” he faced the other members of *NSYNC, “You’re awesome, and thank you for being…you.”
Joey was last, but not least. “Save the best for last, I always say! Anyways, this CD was incredibly fun to make and work on. I don’t think I’ve been prouder of anything! You are looking at four of the best guys in the world”sorry Johnny, you’re second best. Thank you for coming to support us, and let’s party!”
The five guys huddled and talked for a moment, then broke off. Each went to go find someone, girlfriend or friend or others.
JC jogged towards Kristi, grabbed her hand, and started pulling her out of the room as she waved to the other girls. Kristi’s touch electrified JC senses. She giggled and allowed herself to be dragged along.
They had reached the elevator before either spoke. “Your”er”speech, was really nice.” Kristi told JC.
“Thanks.” JC said as he pounded on the elevator button.
“What’s the rush?” Kristi asked innocently. “In fact, I haven’t met a lot of celebrities, maybe I should go back to introduce myself...” JC flashed her a look. “I’m not kidding…”
“Celebrities are way overrated.” The elevator dinged, and then opened. They stepped in, and while they were waiting for the doors to close, Kristi asked, “You don’t have to say good bye to anyone?”
“No, I said most of them already, and the guys can cover for me if I forgot one.”
Kristi smiled. “You’d never make it as a solo artist.”
The doors were shut and the couple was by themselves. JC’s voice became lower. “Kristi…I”thank you for being amazing tonight. Everyone loved you.” Before Kristi had the chance to answer, JC had covered her lips with his.
The door dinged open, but they didn’t notice; their floor was still several more up. There was a flash of light, someone cleared their throat, and JC finally looked over at the doors. “Shit,” he mumbled under his breath. He detached himself from Kristi and turned to face the two men standing by the door in the now-moving elevator.
“Hi Wade, Luis.” JC said. “Luis, this is my girlfriend Kristi.” He turned towards Kristi with a tense looking face. “Kristi, this is Luis, he’s a reporter with Teen People.” Now Kristi understood why JC was not happy at the sight of Luis. It will be all over magazines everywhere that JC was caught making-out in an elevator during his CD release party.
“Nice to meet you Luis.” Kristi extended her hand, but he didn’t shake it.
Luis eyed her hungrily. An idea popped into his head. Not bothering to make small talk, he said, “Here’s the deal, JC. When you go public with Kristi, you tell me. I’ll put a good spin on it, but I’d need details and pictures. I won’t go to the press with what I just saw.”
JC breathed a sigh of relief. “Deal.” They shook on it, and no one talked for the rest of the ride, which was only a minute, but it felt like an eternity.
When Kristi and JC exited the elevator, she asked him why it’d be better to do things Luis’s way.
“Luis is one of those journalists who doesn’t have a heart.” JC said. “He doesn’t care who he hurts as long as he gets his story. So If I didn’t promise him the inside scoop, the paper next week would probably come out saying you’re a prostitute with AIDS and I felt sorry for you, so I’m dating you.”
“But none of that’s true!”
“He doesn’t care. At least this way, things will be on our terms.” JC kissed Kristi. “Now forget about Luis…” She noticed they had arrived at his door, not hers.
In between kisses, Kristi asked playfully, “Why are we at your room, and not mine?”
He raised his eyebrows. “Do you want Michelle and Beth walking in on us? I mean I know they’re your good friends”“ He was interrupted by Kristi’s lips.
JC managed to get the door open and closed. Kristi’s back was against the door and JC was kissing her neck. “How about we aim for the bed?” Kristi asked.
Not breaking the kiss, JC maneuvered them around his luggage and a table. They collapsed onto the bed. His hands were roaming Kristi’s back, looking for the zipper to her dress.
“Hold on,” She mumbled. Kristi stood up and unzipped herself; the zipper was on her side. Suddenly, she became self-conscious. She was standing in front of JC, basically stripping.
He sensed her sudden shyness and stood up. JC started kissing her, and slipped the dress straps off of her shoulders. Once the dress had fallen to the ground, Kristi started unbuttoning JC’s shirt. She fumbled with his belt-buckle, but managed to get that and his pants off. He lay her down on the bed, climbing on top of her, still kissing.
Later that night, Kristi sighed with a feeling of content. She snuggled closer to JC, who kissed her forehead. They drifted off to sleep.

Kristi shut the door and leaned against it, as if she needed support. Michelle and Beth caught her attention. They were both trying very hard to look mad, but couldn’t hide their smiles.
“Where were you last night?” Michelle asked, interrogating Kristi.
“Where do you think I was?” Kristi shot back.
“We were worried sick!” Beth exclaimed. “We were about to call the police!”
“Well, we were going to come here, but we thought it’d be quite a shock to see us”“
“Ok, stop.” Beth said, shaking her head.
“Uch, you guys are falling in love…I know it!” Michelle said. Kristi’s eyes widened at hearing someone say it. She had been thinking it, but to hear Michelle say it…
“So?” Kristi asked. “Speaking of which…how’s Mike?”
“I talked to him a couple of days ago. We’re still together, but it’s hard, you know?”
Kristi flopped down on her bed, wearing her dress from the previous night. “Do you think you guys will last? We have four months left”“
“With a three week break…”
“That we have rehearsals and award shows and all that crap.” Beth added.
Kristi got up and headed over to her suitcase. “I’m sure you guys can figure it out, if you really want to.”
“What were you and Wade planning on doing?” Michelle asked hesitantly, knowing this was a sore subject with Kristi.
“Actually, we never really talked about it.” A thought popped into her head. “Speaking of which, guess what happened last night…” Beth and Michelle listened to Kristi re-tell the happenings of the previous night, starting with meeting Mark Ramirez, Wade asking her to dance, and ending with getting caught by Wade and Luis making-out in the elevator with JC.
“Woah…Wade kept popping up in convenient places.” Beth said.
“Yeah…but whatever. I’m not going to think about him.”
“So who are you going to think about?” Michelle teased.
“Not so much who as what…” Kristi began. “JC asked me to live with him during the break, the one starting next week.” She closed her eyes, trying to figure out the right way to say this. It had sounded like a great idea this morning, but now that she was repeating it… “I mean, it’s kinda like I’m moving in”no, it’s too early for that. I won’t have to worry about running back and forth”“
“Kristi, you don’t have to explain anything to us.” Beth said. “We understand.”
“Understand what?”
“You guys are falling in love.” Michelle stated.
“Miche, it’s a bit early for that, don’t you think?”
“No, I don’t.”
Kristi thought to herself. She knew she was falling in love with JC, but to hear someone else say it made it…true. And the best thing, Kristi thought, is that I know JC feels the same way.

Wade sat at his desk, drumming his fingers. He knew he should leave things alone; she was happy. Not only was she happy, she was in love. In love with one of his good friends. Good friend, maybe not, but once they had been good friends. Wade knew he had blown it; he had his chance. She chose him first, given him the opportunity to sweep her off of her feet. But his ego and chauvinism got in the way. She had moved on and now had that goofy look on her face all the time”that ‘in love’ look.
Wade pictured her in his head. He missed her smile and confidence. He wished he had paid more attention to her laugh. He missed everything about her. Wade wanted her back, and Wade normally got what he wanted. He had tried conventional things; he flew to see her, and talked to her at the CD release party. Neither had worked. Now it was time to play dirty.
The phone rang and Wade answered it eagerly. “What’s up Luis?”
“I talked to Rachel, and she cheated on him. He went to her apartment to surprise her, and he caught her in bed with another man.”
“Major ego blow.”
“No kidding,” Luis said. “My guess is that he has trouble trusting, doubts in his head. All you have to do is give him a reason to believe those doubts, to stop trusting her. He’ll break-up with her, and you’ll have your girl back.”
“Any ideas on how to do that?”
“Sleep at her place.”
“What?” Wade was shocked.
“The tour has a break coming up, right? Show up at her door one night and say you need to talk or something, like your mother’s sick or something. She’ll let you in and you can crash on her couch because you fell asleep talking to her.”
“What if she asks why I went to her?”
“Tell her that even though things didn’t work out, you still had a connection, and you need to talk to a sensitive person.”
“That sounds good. And you just want the first scoop, details and everything. You want to break the news…So how do we get this news to JC?”
“Rachel.”
Twenty minutes later, Wade was making dinner for himself, happy. He was going to get her back. His phone rang, surprising him.
“Hello?”
“Hi Wade, it’s Rachel.”
“What’s up?”
“Well, I know we’re doing this plan to get our significant others back, but do you want to have some fun in the meantime?”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki