The Little Things by rubberducks


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chris told Kristi during Friday’s rehearsal that he was going to propose Sunday night. She got Kate’s number and planned on calling Kate later that night.
The weekend was filled with rehearsals, so it came to no surprise that Sunday appeared out of nowhere.
Kate had arrived at the end of rehearsal. The girls would take her car to go get Madi and grab some dinner; they had told her it was *NSYNC girl-bonding time.
Kate was laughing so hard at something Madi had said that soda almost came out of her nose. She was telling stories about an immature, irresponsible Chris, not too different from the Chris of today.
“And he sat there, in his boxers?” Kate asked, shocked.
Madi nodded. “Yep, I was pretty surprised.”
Kristi was half hearing what the other two were talking about. This whole engagement business had gotten her thinking. She knew she was in love with JC, but were they headed in this direction? Kristi didn’t want to think about it; there would be so many obstacles, and now was not the time; it was Madi’s night, although she didn’t know it.
“Kristi, your phone is ringing.” Madi pointed out.
“Oh, thanks.” Kristi reached into her bag, pulled her phone out, and saw the caller ID: Wade. She hung up, and then turned back to the girls. “We need awards or something for putting up with these men! Kate, you saw JC attack me in the parking lot last week!”
Kate nodded, “But it was so cute!”
Madi laughed. “I wish I could spend more time with everyone, but my job is so ridiculous…”
“What do you do?” Kristi asked.
“I manage the Marriot hotels in Orlando.”
“All of them?” Kate asked, shocked.
“Yeah.”
“How many are there?” Kristi didn’t think there were that many.
“About 20…with Marriot and Double Tree…”
“Crazy.”
Kristi’s phone began buzzing. It was a text message from Chris; he was ready. The food was gone on the table, so Kristi started yawning. “I’m really tired, and I have rehearsal so early tomorrow!”
“We should get you home.” Kate said.
They paid their bill, and headed towards the door.
The next morning, Kristi woke to JC shaking her. “She said yes!”
“Obvo…”
“Obvo?”
“It’s short for obviously.”
“Oh…well, get up!” JC was happily humming while looking for clothes to wear. Kristi sat up and smiled; he was so cute, running around in his boxers. He headed into the bathroom, allowing Kristi to fall back onto her pillow. Her head was swimming with thoughts about love; Madi and Chris were engaged. She was so happy for them. It might have been the influence of Chris and Madi, but Kristi had this desire to tell JC the three words she’d been dreading to say. She loved JC, she knew she did; but Kristi had the hardest time saying it. She had never been the one to say it first; in fact, she had only said the words one previous relationship, which didn’t end well. Maybe Kristi needed to say it first, to break her track record.
Kristi sat up really fast, making her a little light headed Making up her mind, she walked into the bathroom to see JC washing off the remnants of shaving cream.
“Hey! You’re using my shaving cream!” Kristi thought this was hilarious.
Realizing she was there, JC smiled sheepishly. “I ran out…”
“That’s ok…it smells like peaches…” Kristi walked over to JC and ran a hand over his smooth cheek. “And I like men who smell like peach.”
“Good.” He kissed her quickly, and then turned back to the sink.
“Jayce,” Kristi began. She wrapped her arms around him, leaning on his back and rested her chin on his shoulder. She took a deep breath; there was no point in saying anything else. This is what she needed to say. “I love you.”
Kristi saw JC’s eyes widen in the mirror, and then he smiled. He turned around, still in her arms. “I love you too.” JC was surprised to see relief fill Kristi’s eyes. “Were you worried I wasn’t going to say the same thing?”
Kristi nodded, feeling stupid. “It’s not that, ya know, it’s just it’s not official until you say it”“
JC cut her off by kissing her. He didn’t want to hear her rambling about how she wasn’t sure he loved her; he knew she knew he did, and that’s all JC needed to know. He ran his fingers through her hair while Kristi tugged at the bottom of his, like she normally did. It always drove him crazy.
After a minute, Kristi broke away. “Jayce, how on earth can you handle my morning breath?”
“Well, Kris, it’s because I love you…”
She giggled and then pushed him away from the sink. “I need to brush my teeth.”
Madi was at rehearsal with Chris when JC and Kristi arrived. Kristi ran over to hug Chris, and then hurried off with Madi to look at her ring and to hear details.
“Congrats man,” JC gave Chris one of those manly hugs. “I’m happy for you!”
“Thanks…” Chris shook his head. “I can’t believe it. I’m the luckiest guy alive.”
The only thing that kept rehearsals running smoothly that day was Wade. And smoothly was used very loosely. He threatened them, and reminded them frequently that Wednesday and Thursday, they’d have one hour on stage in New York to practice before performing live. Joey had been nice enough to point out that they’d be on a seven second delay; that made Wade even madder. They were making progress, but every time Wade yelled, they’d take a step backwards.
“Ok, guys, it’s 6. I’ll see you back here tomorrow at 8.” Wade left while everyone else mulled around.
Lance ran to the door to make sure Wade was out of ear shot. “Who’s up for ordering food and staying here until we’ve got the dance? I’m so sick of Wade yelling.”
Everyone agreed. They ordered Chinese food and started to work while they waited for delivery.
Kristi had each guy dance by themselves so she could see how they were doing. She stopped frequently; she’d move their legs and arms around, or show them what to do. The biggest difference between her and Wade was that she didn’t yell. Whenever she tried to help JC, he tried to tickle her, or would wrap his arms around Kristi and try to kiss her. She couldn’t help but laugh, as annoying as it was; JC was too cute.
After two hours, Kristi thought the dance was good. “I think we’ll be fine tomorrow. Wade can iron out everything else, but he’s lost half of the reasons to yell at you all.”
“That still leaves a lot of things he can yell at us about…” Chris mumbled.
Kristi was lying on the couch, reading, when JC walked into the living room from the kitchen, phone in hand.
“Yep, Mum, 8 o’clock Thursday. You really don’t have to watch it.” JC lifted up Kristi’s legs, sat down, and then placed them on top of his lap.
Kristi watched JC talk to his mom on the phone, amused. He was sitting there, looking exasperated and happy. Thinking more, Kristi realized she’d never been in love with a Momma’s boy before JC. Not that JC tells his mom everything; he just has a healthy relationship with her. Her thoughts were broken when she heard the mention of her name.
“Yeah, Kris is right here.” He paused for a moment. “Let me ask.” JC turned to Kristi. “My mom wants to say hi…”
“Sure…” Kristi held out her hand for the phone, placing her book on the coffee table. “Hello?”
“Hi Kristi! It’s so nice to talk to you, I’ve heard so many wonderful things about you from Josh”“ It took Kristi a minute to remember Josh was JC’s real name. “”and you’ll have to come to our anniversary party next month…”
“I’ll definitely try, Mrs. Cha”“
“None of that high school stuff; call me Karen.”
“Ok, thanks Karen.”
“I just wanted to tell you that we’re thrilled you and Josh are happy and that if you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask.”
“Thanks again. Do you want to talk to Jayce again?”
“Yes, thank you. And nice talking to you!”
“You too Karen.” Kristi handed the phone back to JC who smiled at her. As she went to grab her book, she caught some of what Karen was saying, “You guys have special names for each other! That’s so cute!”
JC got up to spare Kristi listening to the rest of the conversation. A few minutes later, he came back and took the spot he had previously occupied. “So that’s my mum. If you can handle her, you’ll have the rest of the family down, no problem.”
“So I’m meeting the whole family now, am I?”
“Well…” JC began, playing with her feet. “You can’t ignore them at my parents’ anniversary party. And,” he looked at Kristi. “I want you to meet them.”
Kristi had to smile. “And you can meet my dysfunctional family when we’re in Chicago.”
“Luis, we have a problem!” Wade was worried; the plan wasn’t going to work.
“What is it?” Luis sounded annoyed.
“Kristi and JC are living together during the break!”
“So?”
“Well, if Kristi is with him, then how am I supposed to spend the night?”
“Oh…” Luis cared now; there was a chance he wouldn’t get his inside scoop. “Well…what else can you do to make JC stop trusting her?”
Wade was silent for a moment. What could he do? Even something as small as getting her alone after rehearsal and giving him the wrong impression… “I can think of something.”
“Great, do it sooner than later. There’s no point in waiting, right?”
“Right…”
Rehearsal on Tuesday was much better. Wade seemed to have lost his yelling ability because he barely raised his voice. Everyone was happy about this, but a bit suspicious. Had something caused the sudden change in his attitude?
“You guys look so much better!” Wade said at the end of rehearsal. “Did you all go home and practice last night or something?” Laughing at his own joke, Wade continued. “Be here at 8 tomorrow morning, ok? Get some sleep everyone!”
Everyone had a smile on their face. This hadn’t happened since the start of the tour break.
“Kristi, can we talk for a minute?” Kristi turned around. Lately, whenever she talked to Wade, nothing good came of it.
“Why not?” She turned to JC. “Go hang out with the guys…I’ll be out in a few minutes.”
JC glared over Kristi’s shoulder at Wade. JC still hadn’t forgotten Wade’s outburst. “If you’re not out front in 5 minutes, I’m coming to look for you.”
“Aw, how sweet! Don’t worry…” Kristi, seeing JC was not going to budge, gave in. “Fine, 5 minutes. Now go!” She pecked him on the cheek, and when he turned around, slapped him on the butt. He gave her a confused look. “Baseball players do it…”
“You like baseball?” Wade’s voice reminded her why she was still in the practice room.
“Yeah…” Kristi wanted to add, “If you paid attention while we were dating, you’d known that!” but refrained. Instead, she asked, “What’s up?”
“I know you guys stayed after yesterday…” Kristi didn’t say anything. If he was expecting an apology or something, he’d be waiting for a long time. “And thank you; the guys are so much better, and it really helped them.”
“No problem. They just wanted to get the dance down, and the yelling wasn’t helping…”
“It also helped me.” Kristi was confused.
“What?”
“Well, I might have a chance at getting my friends back since I can stop yelling at them.”
This made sense; Kristi thought the guys would forget about her situation with Wade eventually, but she highly doubted they would forget the hours of yelling.
“I hope you do.” Kristi said honestly. She didn’t really like him at the moment, but he deserved to have friends.
“Can we be friends?” Kristi looked shock. “I don’t expect you to forgive me anytime soon; you shouldn’t, especially after what I pulled last week. But if we’re friendly, maybe the other guys would feel like it’s ok to like me again.” He added hastily.
Kristi felt this whole thing seemed juvenile. If the guys wanted to be friends with Wade, they could; she wasn’t stopping them. She might stop JC, but she didn’t think he would be keen to make-up with Wade anytime soon. They were grown-ups; she couldn’t control their actions and thoughts anymore than she could control the weather…although that’d be cool.
“Wade, there’s really nothing I can do. I’m sorry. The guys have brains; it doesn’t matter what I do. I wish I could help, though…”
She was sincere. Wade couldn’t control himself; he hadn’t seen that caring look in Kristi’s eyes in forever.
He closed the distance between him and Kristi, grabbed her arms and kissed her. She squirmed, trying to get away from him, but Wade just tightened his hold.
“JC, I’m sure Kristi’s fine.” Justin said. He had stayed behind with JC to make sure he didn’t do anything stupid.
“She should be out here by…” JC trailed off. Justin turned to see what had caused JC to not finish his sentence.
“Rachel” Justin said under his breath.
“Hi guys!” She said brightly. “Have you seen Wade?”
Justin gave JC the opportunity to answer, but seeing as JC’s face was turning an unhealthy pink, his eyes still wide with shock, Justin said, “He’s in the practice room.”
“Thanks. I’ll see you guys later!”
JC shook his head and told Justin, “I’m going too, something’s going on.”
Before Justin could stop him, JC opened the door and entered the building. Justin followed.
They reached the practice room door to see Rachel standing there with the door open, hand over her mouth.
“What?” JC asked as he pushed her to the side of the door. His reaction was nothing to Rachel’s. His breathing started to quicken and his face became white. “Kristi!”
Wade let her go. He tried to hide a smug look; Kristi looked as though she was trying hard not to throw up. Wade gave her an extra push, causing Kristi to fall to the floor.
She didn’t get up; she couldn’t look at JC. Instead, she started rubbing her arms where Wade had held her, staring at the floor. This is it, Kristi thought, it’s over. She knew she did nothing wrong, but all of the evidence pointed against her. Tears started forming in her eyes.
JC took four giant steps toward Wade, and said quietly, his words full of rage. “You stay away from her.”
Wade still had the smug look on his face. “I will if she does.”
That pushed JC over the edge. He punched Wade, hitting his nose. Wade was so shocked, he couldn’t protect himself; blood started to trickle down from his nostril.
“You asshole…”
JC didn’t hear anything, nor did he care what Wade said. He rushed over to where Kristi was on the floor. He kneeled beside her, and seeing the bruises on her arm, asked, “Did he do that to you?”
Kristi wouldn’t look at JC; she couldn’t. She didn’t realize she had started crying until she heard herself sniffle. JC’s hand touched underneath her chin, raising her head. He was no longer mad, his face full of concern.
“Kris, you have to tell me.”
She nodded and said, “I just want to get out of here.”
JC couldn’t agree more. He helped her up, grabbed her bag and walked with Kristi, hand in hand, to the door.
“You coming, J?” JC asked him.
Justin gave Wade a look of disgust, then followed Kristi and JC out of the door, leaving Rachel and Wade alone.
“You can’t be mad at me!” Wade said to Rachel, who didn’t look too happy. “We’re only fooling around! Remember the plan?”
She sighed. “Yeah, I know, but I’d like a warning next time, ok?”
“I’ll try. I can’t believe he didn’t dump her! You’d think seeing her kiss another guy would do it…” He tried mopping up his face.
”You didn’t see what we saw…Kristi looked repulsed, trying to get away from you. The bruises you gave her didn’t help.” Wade was silent for a minute, then decided to change the subject.
“Did you get your dress for the VMA’s yet?”
“Yep, you’re going to love it!”
JC had shut Kristi’s door and was walking to the driver’s side with Justin.
“You going to be ok?”
“Yeah,” JC sighed. “We just need to go home. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Justin gave JC’s shoulder an assuring squeeze before heading to his own car.
JC sat down and turned to Kristi. Tears were still coming out of her eyes, but she seemed more in control. “Want to tell me what happened?”
“No,” Kristi said. She tried to smile. “But I will because I love you.” It was JC’s turn to smile. “He was going on about if we were friends then all of the guys would want to be friends with him. I told him I couldn’t do anything about that. He seemed so miserable; I felt sorry for him. I can’t believe I wanted to help him…that I felt sorry for him! The next thing I know, he’s trying to break my arms and kissing me.” Tears started pouring out more heavily as Kristi turned towards JC. “I didn’t want to JC, I swear…I love you. He’s awful…”
“Yeah, he is. I believe you Kris.”
“Thank you for coming after 5 minutes.” He reached over and brushed a strand of hair out of her face.
“Your welcome.”
Another minute of silence passed, then Kristi lost it. She started crying. “He took advantage of me! That bastard…he…” she was breathing heavily, “He knew I’d feel sorry for him! I don’t know what he would have done if you didn’t come…he’s stronger than me…what if…what if…he…he”he raped me?” Kristi looked at JC, fear in her eyes.
He pulled her into a hug, smoothing her hair. He whispered in her ear, “I won’t let that happen. I promise you; that won’t happen.”
Kristi felt much better the next morning, after spending most of the night cuddling in bed with JC, watching chick flicks. He always let her pick the movie; although this might change if she makes him watch Center Stage one more time.
Justin saw Kristi and JC enter the room with their stuff. He jogged over to them. “Hey guys…how are you doing?”
Kristi smiled. Justin was so thoughtful. “Good, thanks…nothing a little Center Stage couldn’t fix.”
Justin laughed. “JC, man, she’s turning you into a chick!” He turned back to Kristi. “You ever need anything, and I mean anything, just say the word.”
That meant the world to Kristi. She felt safe with JC, but knowing that others were there to back them up…was an incredible feeling. “Thanks Justin.” He hugged her and kissed her on the cheek.
“Well, if I didn’t know you two so well, I’d be a little worried!” Kate’s voice made Kristi and Justin break apart.
“Kate!” He stepped towards her and hugged her. Lifting her off of the ground, he began spinning in circles.
JC needed to talk to Kristi. “Kristi, I need to tell you something.” He looked serious. She nodded, telling him to continue. “Johnny wants to meet with you...”
“What? Did I do something wrong?”
“No, of course not!” JC took her hand. “I called him last night after you fell asleep. I didn’t want you to have to keep dealing with this crap”you shouldn’t have to. He just wants to talk with you, see how you’re doing, and see if something can be worked out.”
As much as Kristi didn’t want to relive the episodes with Wade, she knew it was better to start dealing with this now; she didn’t want it haunting her in a year or two like other ex-boyfriend stories she’d heard, when she’d be dealing with weddings and that stuff. She caught her breath. Not my wedding, of course…weddings in general. I don’t even know if I’ll get married…
“Thanks Jayce…that’s really sweet. I take it you can’t come?”
“No, I’m sorry Kris. I have to go to the meeting. I’ll fill you in on what they say.” Johnny had entered the room and was heading towards them. “Just remember, Johnny is on your side…he won’t judge you, and just try to be honest with him.”
“You remind me of my dad!” Kristi had to giggle.
“Well,” JC said slyly, “Does your dad do this?” He pulled her close and kissed her passionately.
“No…” Kristi smiled. “I love you…”
“I love you too sweetie. See you later.” JC went off the join the others while Kristi turned to face Johnny.
“Why don’t we go into my office?” Johnny asked.
Once the two were seated, Johnny began. “So I assume JC told you why I’m talking to you.” Kristi nodded, so Johnny continued. “What has been going on is unacceptable. No one should have to deal with some of the stuff Wade has pulled.” He paused. “I know this might be hard, but I need you to tell me what he has been doing.”
Kristi nodded. She told Johnny about breaking up with him over his voicemail, being chased to Milwaukee, being cornered at the CD release party, Wade’s outburst at rehearsal last week, and his attack yesterday.
Johnny was shocked. “I don’t know what’s gotten into him! He’s normally not like this…” Regaining focus, he explained options to Kristi. “We have several options. One, we can do nothing and hope that he got whatever he has out of his system. I, personally, don’t like that option. Two, I could talk to Wade, with or without you. Three, the police could get involved.”
Kristi’s eyes widened with shock. “The police?”
“Well, his actions could be considered those of a stalker, and what he pulled yesterday”sexual harassment. The list goes on. We could get a restraining order or press charges…”
“I don’t want to do any of that!” Kristi quieted down. “I just want it all to go away.”
“I know, but it won’t go away by itself.” Kristi put her head in her hands. Her life suddenly felt like it was spinning out of control. Sexual harassment…stalking…restraining orders…when did it get so complicated?
Kristi took a deep breath. JC had told her to be honest with Johnny. “There’s one more thing…” Johnny waited patiently for Kristi to continue. “Yesterday, after…what happened…I was scared…If JC and Justin hadn’t come…I don’t know where he would have stopped…” Tears started falling from her eyes. Johnny handed her a tissue. “He’s stronger than me, and…what if…” Her breathing quickened. She had to say it. He needed to know. “What if…he r”raped me?”
Johnny had been warned by JC that something like this might come up. Johnny had hoped he was exaggerating, but looking at the crying, shaking girl sitting in front of him, he knew he needed to do something.
He moved around the desk towards Kristi and draped an arm around her shoulder. “It’s ok Kristi. You’re not alone in this…we’ll take care of you.” Johnny didn’t want to push her, but he needed her permission before he did anything. “How about if I talk to Wade? I have a friend who works for the Orlando police…I can call him to see what he recommends and then I can give Wade some consequences. And for the time being, just do your best to avoid him…I know it’ll be hard, but that’s all I can tell you right now.”
“Ok…but you won’t press charges or anything right away, right?” Johnny had to smile. Even with all of the crap Wade had put her through, she was still thoughtful and caring.
“No, I won’t. I’ll talk to you always before I do or talk to anyone.” Kristi nodded.
“Thank you.”
Johnny looked at her. In rehearsals and on stage, Kristi’s personality and talent filled the room, her enthusiasm was contagious. He was going to do everything he could to bring that Kristi back, so she was always around. He didn’t like seeing a scared, timid Kristi. “Do you need a hug?” Kristi nodded.
Kristi walked into the meeting; she was not excited to see the person who was talking: Wade. “Why are you late?” He asked her.
“I was talking to Johnny.” Kristi scanned the room for an empty seat; she didn’t see one.
“Well, we’ve already started and you’re late, so I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”
Kristi was not going to let him win. Staring him hard in the eyes, Kristi made her way over to JC and sat down on his lap. “I found my seat…continue…”
Wade wanted to breath fire. Why must she flaunt her relationship in front of him? Everything that has happened was her fault; she broke up with him. He continued going over notes about the show, the notes Kristi and JC were not paying attention to.
“What did Johnny say?” JC whispered.
“He said that he’d talk to Wade after he talks to one of his friends from the police…” JC looked shocked. “Just to say what Johnny can threaten him with. I don’t think it’ll get to that point.”
JC brushed some hair out of Kristi’s face. For the first time, JC saw a scared but determined look in Kristi’s eyes. “I’m so proud of you.”
“Thank you Jayce. I love you.”
He pecked her quickly on the lips before Melinda got up; they liked Melinda, so why ignore her?
Kristi didn’t know when Johnny was going to talk to Wade, but she assumed he had before rehearsal at the Radio City Music Hall, because he avoided everyone like they were the plague.
After two run-throughs with the band Wade announced that they were done for the day. It was 9 o’clock with a long day tomorrow. Lance, Joey, Michelle and Beth came to Kristi and JC’s hotel room for some room service dinner before bed.
“What should it be tonight?” JC asked the group sitting in on the couches.
“Let’s just get pizza…” Joey said.
“That’d make life so much easier!” Lance added.
“We’re getting at least 1 cheese…” Beth said.
“Ok, so one cheese, what else?” Michelle asked. “How many pizzas can you guys eat?”
Four pizzas later, Kristi was saying good-bye to everyone while JC cleaned up.
“You know,” he began when she shut the door, “When we get home after the tour, things are going to change. I won’t cook and clean-up!”
Kristi laughed. “I think you’re getting ahead of yourself! Who said I won’t be able to cook in a few months?”
JC gave her a skeptical look. “Let the maids clean it up tomorrow. I’m exhausted…bed time!”
A few minutes later, they were in bed. JC had fallen asleep immediately while Kristi lay awake thinking. She felt JC’s arms wrapped around her, his breath on her neck. She couldn’t remember the last time she felt this happy. She was scared, but Kristi didn’t want anything to ruin it. She remembered the whole TRL incident, how amazing JC had been, how he took everything in stride, and came up with an idea.
“Jayce!” Kristi rolled over, waking him up.
“Didthealarmgooffalready?” JC asked sleepily, in one breath.
“No, you’ve been sleeping for 5 minutes…”
“So why did you wake me up?” As hard as he tried, he couldn’t be mad at her.
“I was thinking about the TRL thing…and…I”I want to go public.”
This definitely woke JC up. “Really?” He couldn’t believe it.
“Yeah, like I don’t want to, but I think we’re ready, and it should be on our terms, right?”
“I agree!” JC started to get out of bed. Answering several of Kristi’s questions without them being asked, “I’m going to call a friend of mine who will be there tomorrow. He can take a few pictures, get a few quotes…nothing too painful.”
His cell phone was out, and he was waiting for someone to pick up. He leaned towards her, pecked her lips and said, “I love you. And thank you…”
“I love you too.”
Kristi lay down and started to drift to sleep while JC was on the phone. After a few minutes, he crawled back into bed. JC kissed the back of her head and wrapped his arms around her.
Wade was fuming. He needed to talk to someone, but Rachel and Luis were both busy. No one liked him on tour, and his friends from home were busy, or they only wanted to talk about the award show.
He was walking around the floor, and decided to get a soda from the vending machine. He turned the corner and saw Lance filling up a bucket of ice.
“Hey Wade.” Lance was being friendly.
“Hi…”
“You look worried…”
Wade had found his man. “I am…do you have a minute to talk?” Lance hesitated. “I really need someone to talk to.”
Lance glanced at his watch, and then said, “Sure.”
Once they were settled on Lance’s couch, Wade launched into his story; the story should be made into a soap opera!
“And Johnny talked to me before we left. He said that Kristi didn’t want to take out a restraining order or press charges…yet…but he couldn’t guarantee it would stay that way. I don’t know what to do…I’m crazy about her!”
“Well, you’re definitely going about it the wrong way.” Not wanting to give Wade any ideas, he added, “I think you’ve burned that bridge, man. She really doesn’t like you, and she’s in love with JC. Even if she could forgive you, there’s still that little thing.”
“I know…I blew it. And I can get used to that, eventually…it’s just, what if she presses charges?”
“We both know Kristi wouldn’t do that. That’s not her.”
“I know…” Wade checked the clock. “I’m gonna head to bed. Thanks for listening Lance. It means a lot to me.”
“No problem man.”
“Good night man.” Wade left the room. Lance made a mental note to talk to JC tomorrow as he climbed into bed. For some reason, he thought Kristi and JC should know what Wade had just told him.
Lance, however, did not get a chance to talk to JC or Kristi the next day; everything was busy. They had one final dress rehearsal that morning. *NSYNC had a press conference and interviews after lunch while Kristi, Madi, and Kate went to get their hair done. Lance didn’t think the world would end if he didn’t speak with them that day.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki