If You Call My Name by rubberducks


Number of reviews: 99
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


JC rolled over and watched Lindsey sleep. Her hair was tangled around her face, her legs sticking out from underneath the sheets. She loved him, and she wasn’t leaving. He pushed some hair back behind her ear, causing her to wake.
“Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you up.”
She smiled sleepily at him. “It’s ok.” She yawned. “Good morning.”
“Good morning to you too. Want me to make you some breakfast?”
“That’d be great.” She rolled out of bed and put on the clothes she had stolen from JC. “Is it ok if I make a few calls?”
“Definitely.” He stood up and headed towards the door. “Baby, you might as well start leaving things here. As cute as you look wearing my boxers, you might be more comfortable.”
Lindsey smiled. “Sounds good…” As JC left the room, Lindsey picked up the phone and called Jen.
“Jen?”
“Lindsey, this better be good. I’m in the middle of a good dream.” She loved Jen’s attitude.
“I told him.”
Jen shot up and paused for a minute, letting the wave of dizziness pass over her. “You did!” Jen smiled. “That’s amazing. Linds, I’m so proud of you.”
“Thanks.” She paused. “I thought I’d have this sinking feeling in my stomach, you know? After I told him…but I don’t. I haven’t been this happy in a long time. Jen, I have to make some more calls, but call me later with your flight info, ok?”
“Of course! Bye!”
Lindsey hung up the phone then dialed her mother’s phone number. Listening to the phone ringing, she wondered why she was so nervous. Maybe because my parents don’t like that I’m dating JC. Would their tune change because the two were in love? Hopefully.
“Hello?”
“Hi mom! It’s me!”
“Lindsey, it’s good to hear from you!” She paused. “I didn’t recognize the phone number on caller ID…”
Taking a deep breath, Lindsey said, “That’s because I’m at JC’s house.”
“Oh.” Debra had told herself she was going to supportive. “So I take it you two are doing well?”
“Mom, I love him.”
This definitely shocked Debra. She didn’t expect her daughter to fall in love with the first person she dated after Rick. And she wasn’t thrilled she had fallen in love with a celebrity, but Lindsey was happy. “Have you told him?”
“Last night…” Knowing her mom, Lindsey added, “Mom. I’m happy…really I am.”
“I know, but Linds, I worry. I’m your mother, I’m allowed to. Indulge me.”
Lindsey smiled. “Ok, well, he treats me right and makes me happy. What else could you want for me?”
A non-celebrity Debra thought. Keeping her thoughts to herself, she admitted, “I can’t really think of anything else.”
Lindsey knew her mom was thinking that JC was celebrity and wouldn’t be good for her daughter. Lindsey let it slide because she didn’t want to ruin her mood. “Well, mom, I just wanted to tell you.”
“Thank you darling. When do we get to meet your man?”
“When do you want to come down?”
“You guys can’t come visit? You haven’t been here since you moved. I know Rick still lives here, but that shouldn’t keep you away.”
“Mom, you did not just say that. I’m over Rick, and in love with another wonderful man. Normally that’s not a problem, going to Boston, but the tour…”
“Oh yeah…I’ll talk to dad, then get back to you, ok?”
Lindsey smiled. “Yep, and Mom, I really am happy.”
Hanging up the phone, Debra prayed her daughter stayed that way.

JC ran a hand through his hair. This one song he was working on was the last song for the CD. As soon as it was done, the CD would be shipped out to start being produced. JC never understood these things; the CD had to be done this week, but the release was set for sometime at the beginning of their tour. Sighing, JC really didn’t want to be there. He really wanted to be down the hall with Lindsey. Actually, he didn’t care where he was as long as she was there. This scared JC, the man who had never done long term before. But here he was, thinking that this relationship was about a lot more than dating.
He turned the machine off and headed out the door. A break was exactly what he needed, thinking that he’d be able to focus more after it. JC thought about Lindsey’s schedule, and couldn’t remember if she had any meetings today. This thought alone caused JC to smile; they were really becoming a team. She had started bringing stuff over to his house, so she no longer had to go home before work or wear his clothes. That didn’t stop her from wearing his clothes, though. They were inseparable. Lindsey was nervous about meeting his parents; what if they didn’t like her? JC thought this was cute, and they ended up missing the movie they had planned on seeing.
Still wearing a goofy grin, thinking about that night, JC knocked on Lindsey’s office door.
“Come in!” Lindsey called. JC was glad to hear that the stress that had been evident in Lindsey’s voice in the past few days was no longer there.
“Hey babe.” JC walked over to her, put an arm around her waist, and kissed her. Lindsey placed the folder she was holding onto her desk and wrapped her arms around JC’s neck.
Pulling back before things went too far, JC leaned his forehead against Lindsey’s. “How are you?”
She smiled. “A lot better now, thanks. Aren’t you supposed to be working on that song?” JC smiled sheepishly. “Josh! You need to finish that!”
“I couldn’t concentrate. There was a beautiful lady occupying my thoughts…”
“Anyone I would know?”
“No, but I can introduce the two of you, if you want.”
Lindsey swatted JC in the stomach, but made no move away from him. “Are you going to be late again tonight?”
JC’s smiled faltered. “I don’t know. I guess I can leave whenever I finish mixing the song.”
Lindsey backed away from JC, and sat down on her desk, swinging her legs. “I guess you’d better get back to work.”
JC stepped into the ‘v’ of her legs, wrapping his arms around her waist. “Can I have one more kiss?”
She nodded and pressed her lips to his. Lindsey was still surprised at how every time they kissed, she completely forgot her surroundings and the world melted away. Only JC could do that.
10 minutes later, JC was still there, but the two were interrupted.
“Lindsey, I just got a fax…” Melinda had walked into the room, since the office door was open. JC had jumped a mile and backed away from Lindsey, falling into her chair.
Melinda looked from JC to Lindsey; both were blushing. “Should I come back later?”
Lindsey smiled. “No, JC has to go finish a song.” JC looked as if he were about to protest, but the look Lindsey sent him kept him silent.
“Good to see you again, Melinda. And Lindsey,” JC turned around at the door, “Come find me when you want to go home.”
“Who said I was going home with you tonight?” Lindsey asked. She laughed when JC’s face fell. “Babe, I was just kidding. Go, so we can get out of here sometime today.”
Melinda watched the retreating figure mumble something about women. She closed the door and turned to face Lindsey. “Sit.” She pointed to Lindsey’s chair. The smile Lindsey had been wearing faded at the sight of Melinda’s stern expression. “I’m so happy that you and JC are doing well, but you’ve got to watch it. If it had been Stephen walking in here today instead of me, I’m not too sure you’d still have a job right now.” Lindsey nodded, showing her understanding that the public display of affection she and JC had just had was too much for work. “Ok, but back to the reason I came…I got a fax from the venue, and they set up the first Press Conference time. You just need to approve it, and then send out the invitations.”

“I’m going to be sick, I know it.” Lindsey started pacing the area she and JC had been waiting for his parents in.
“Linds, baby, calm down.” He reached for her and pulled her onto his lap. Kissing her quickly, he said, “They’re going to love you.”
Lindsey was denied the opportunity to comment when they heard a, “There’s Josh!” The two directed their attention to the older couple walking towards them. “Josh!” Karen Chasez pulled her son into a hug. Backing away, she inspected her son. “Good, you’re not losing weight.” Ignoring JC when he rolled his eyes, she moved onto Lindsey. “You must be Lindsey.” Karen also pulled Lindsey into a hug. “It’s nice to meet you, I’m Karen, and this is Roy.” Lindsey shook Roy’s hand.

“You’re parents are really nice.” Lindsey said as she and JC climbed into bed, thinking about the enjoyable dinner the four had that night.
“Hmm…” JC wasn’t interested in talking about his parents. He was interested in the sensitive skin right below Lindsey’s ear.
“Honey, stop for a second.” JC obliged, unwillingly. “I know you have tomorrow off, but I don’t. Melinda called, and we have to re-do an advertisement.”
“Oh.” JC paused for a moment, thinking. “Well, why don’t we stop by for lunch?” He paused again, intertwining their fingers. “I want you guys to really get to know each other. I plan on being around for a long time, so you might as well get to know them now.”
Lindsey smiled. She kissed him. “Good, because I plan on keeping you around for a really long time.”

Lindsey’s distracted, “Come in!” had JC worried that they were interrupting something. He had called before dragging his parents to Jive to pick Lindsey up for lunch, but something could have changed.
Entering her office, JC noticed that it wasn’t as clean as it normally was. Lindsey looked more stressed out than she had been lately, and she waved at them as she was talking on the phone. “Yes, I understand that Sir. But I can’t commit them to anymore articles on the tour until other details about the tour are finalized. For all we know, right now, they could be committed to being in five places at once…” Lindsey rolled her eyes. “Mr. Wallace, I need to go, but I promise that I will call you the second we have this figured out.”
Sighing as she hung up the phone, she walked straight into JC’s arms. Burrowing her head into the crook of his shoulder, she asked, “Can I play hooky the rest of today?”
JC chuckled. “I don’t think so missy, but how about we catch some lunch?”
Lindsey smiled and apologized to Karen and Roy. “I’m sorry about the mess and phone call…uch, I hate that man. He can’t take no for an answer!”
Karen placed a reassuring hand on Lindsey’s shoulder. “Don’t worry about it honey. Now, where should we go for lunch?”
Lindsey was about to answer when the phone rang. Rolling her eyes as JC said, “Answer it honey, it could be important.”
Lindsey did just that. “Hello?” Silence met her greeting. She tried again. “Hello?” No answer. Putting down the phone a little harder than she had intended, Lindsey sighed. “Another hang up call…”
“Another?” This alarmed JC. They weren’t public yet, but hang up calls could mean someone knew, and wasn’t happy about it.
“Yeah…” Seeing the worried look on JC’s face, she draped her arm around his waist and said, “I know I’m hungry…where are we going?”
JC let this slide for right now. He had every intention of talking to Lindsey about this later. Roy gave his son a look of understanding; he had raised his son to take care of the women in his life.

Rick hung up the phone. That was the third time he had called today, and it was only lunch time. Ever since he had heard Lindsey started dating again, he couldn’t get her out of his head. Molly knew this, and dumped him. He was upset about everything; but mostly, he was upset about ruining things with Lindsey for someone who had walked at the first opportunity available.
He wanted Lindsey back. He missed how she was always there for him, no questions asked. How she would do anything for him. How he knew that she loved him. In time, Rick knew his feelings for Lindsey would return. All he had to do was act when he finally got the nerve to talk to her. Tell her that he had made a mistake and was madly in love with her. She would come running back faster than lightening. He bet she was dating losers down there in Orlando. He wouldn’t even need to convince her to quit her job. She’d come back to Boston with him, no matter what.
Sighing, Rick made a decision. He was going to fly down to see her. Even if he wasn’t in love with her anymore, flying down would convince her that he was. And that’s what was important, making Lindsey feel loved enough to come back. Now, when would he get the courage to do that?

“Oh come on! I want to hear more embarrassing stories about Josh when he was little!” Lindsey said. Karen and Roy had started telling some stories during lunch, but JC had tried to stop them. “Please Josh?” Lindsey turned her attention to JC, sticking out her bottom lip. How could he say no to that?
“Fine…”
“Well,” Karen began. “Josh was always experimenting, trying new things.” A groan escaped from JC. “When he was”what?”6? Anyways, he was making bracelets with Heather, and he stuck a bead up his nose.”
Lindsey let a snort. She grabbed JC’s hand in reassurance, but couldn’t help but laugh.
“He wouldn’t let us take him to the doctors!” Roy added. “We had to bribe him.”
“I knew it! You’re more stubborn than I am!” Lindsey declared.
JC rolled his eyes. “Whatever you say, babe. But now you have to tell me a story about you.”
“No way, that’s not how this works! You can wait until you meet my parents.”
Karen and Roy shared a smile. JC and Lindsey were quite the pair. They had been dating for a little over two months, but it felt like more than that. Karen knew Lindsey would be around for a long time. She was happy for her son; JC had always been looking for that one person to make him want to slow down”settle down eventually. And Lindsey was it.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki