10,000 promises(What happens after 'Finding her') by KristinaCassadine84


Number of reviews: 7
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Time had passed now and Justin nor Kristina had came back to the party. Veneska sat along with Chris and Kelly, the only two people that made her feel welcome. Not that they were all that crazy about her but since Alesha went to play with Justina and Briana she was all alone. Lance, Joey and J.C. wanted nothing to do with her at all.
"Have you heard from Justin?" Joey asked.
"Nope, I wonder what happened?" They’d find out soon enough because Lance’s cell phone began to ring. The called ID indicated that it was Justin calling from home. "Well lets find out…. Hello?"
"Hey dude, um can you do me a favor?" Justin’s voice was cracked. Something was definitely wrong with him.
"Yeah sure what’s up?"
"Can you ask Joey to watch the kids for me?"
"Justin…..Justin what’s wrong?"
"Nothing."
"Justin…."
"Just ask him for me Lance" it was getting harder to talk. Lance heeded to his request, asking Joey if it was ok for Justina and J stay over. He replied with a yes, it was fine with him since he loved both children but his concern was what was wrong with Justin or Kristina where they couldn’t come home?
"Joey said yeah man, is everything ok?" There was a long pause before Justin said another word.
"I don’t want to talk about it."
"Justin.."
"Bye Lance." Dead silence filled the phone after Justin hung up. Ok….something wasn’t right at all. That’s it, it was time for the guys to step in. Watching off to the side while their baby brother’s life crumbled before them was not an option.
"What happened?" J.C. asked.
"He wouldn’t say, I’m going over there." Lance got up from his chair to grab his keys. He had to help him, he just had to. J.C. got up to come along with him while Joey told Veneska that Justin wasn’t coming back so there was no need for her to stick around waiting for him. That made him smile on the inside. She looked a little pissed that he basically told her to leave but whatever. That little twig didn’t intimidate him at all. On the way there J.C. and Lance discussed what they thought had happened. Had they got in another fight? If so had it became physical? Justin was shaken, you could hear it in his voice. They were actually nervous about going over there to find out what exactly happened but it had to be done. Pulling up to the Victorian style mansion, J.C. and Lance gathered themselves before stepping in hitting this head on. J.C. pulled his key out and opened the door. The house was completely silent which only indicated nothing but bad. Each looked at each other with suspicion. Walking through that entire mansion he was no where to be found.
"Where is he?"
"Uh we didn’t try the basement." Sure enough there he was and boy was Justin a sight to see. In the far corner of his basement/studio was Justin curled up over in the corner surrounded by broken glass and empty liquor bottles. Alright….not good, not good at all. He had to have been completely drunk off his ass. His crystal blue eyes were glazed over from the fast consumption of Jack Daniels and Hennessey. Lance and J.C. rushed over to Justin who was a complete mess. He was so drunk he didn’t even react their presence. "Justin….? Justin what happened?"
"Its over--its fucking over" he groaned.
"What’s over?……..don’t tell me J, don’t tell me that happened."
"We’re over dude, I’m getting a divorce.
~*~
Somebody had to stay with Justin just in case he tried to hurt himself once again. Though he reassured everyone that he wouldn’t due to his children, Chris stayed with him for the remainder of the weekend. No one had heard from Kristina at all. Krystal, Dez, the guys, even Justin called still there was no sign of her. Justin walked around like a zombie. Nothing was clicking in his mind. He tried to front in front of his kids so they wouldn’t be alarmed of what was going on but his daughter even at her age knew something wasn’t right. She could also detect that her father didn’t want to talk about it so she just kept it to herself. What she couldn’t understand was why her mother was gone? It wasn’t the first time her mother had been gone for a week or two but with the way her daddy was acting this wasn’t any normal trip. While Chris was making breakfast, Justin came into the kitchen still down in the dumps.
"Hey I made some breakfast, pulled up a seat."
"Not hungry" he mumbled.
"Tough" Chris slid the plate on the table towards Justin. His appetite hadn’t been the same as well. Still Chris was gonna make sure that he ate, even if he had to stuff it down his throat. When Justin began to eat he blew a sigh of relief. The two sat in silence while Justin picked at his food.
"….she’s coming by today."
"Kristina? What? How do you know?"
"I told her to come by to sign the divorce papers."
"Oh Justin….are you sure about this? Are you sure that its over? You don’t want to fight for this?"
"There’s no point…there’s nothing we can do. She doesn’t want me anymore."
"That’s not true! You haven’t even fought for this! You just threw it out there without both discussing if you wanted this."
"Oh yeah? What about her huh?! She fucking disappears without word. Justina and J have no clue where she is and neither do I so fuck it. Maybe its just over for us. Nothing lasts forever you know?" Chris hated hearing say this but if it was over then it was over. There was no way any of the guys could convince him that this was a bad idea.
~*~
Once we were lovers
Just lovers we were oh what a lie
Once we were dreamers
Just dreamers we were oh you and I
Now I see you're just somebody
Who wastes all my time and money
What a lie
You and I

"Don’t do this Kristina--come on!"
"Look Krystal he doesn’t want to be with me anymore. I’m not going to force him to be with someone he doesn’t want to be with."
"Kristina! Don’t give me that shit! You love him….he loves you--"
"No Krystal we used to love each other, note the word USED to. I’m not going to deny him of what he wants. He wants Veneska not me, so you know whatever. I know when to cut my loses. I’m just surprised we’ve lasted this long."
"Kristina--"
"50% of marriages end in divorce. What made me think that we were any different?" Kristina treaded along the bare wood floor. After she left the house she went directly to the Hilton. Its funny how she went there, but you’ll read about that later on. Anyways after making the mistake of picking up the phone Jill, her co worker talked her into moving into the penthouse apartment that she no longer resided in but still owned. Actually it was a breath of fresh air to be by her lonesome to clear her mind. Only that didn’t happen. She was getting a divorce. The word played over and over in her head. It wasn’t like she never knew anyone who had one but that it was happening to her which hit home hard. All the good times….and the bad times…it was all done. She and Justin by that afternoon would be no more. Just as the guys were having a hard time convincing Justin that this was a bad idea, the girls were having the same problem. Kristina didn’t want to hear how they were made for each other or that their love was stronger than that. The only thing she kept iterating was that Justin was simply no longer in love with her which they all knew wasn’t the truth.
"Kristina are you sure that you’ll be able to live without Justin?"
"Kelly I don’t need his support."
"Not like that I mean his love. You might not see it now but you two are still head over heels for each other. Do you honestly believe that you’ll be able to wake up everyday without him by your side?" Would she? That was a question she hadn’t even asked herself but she had to remain strong. Giving off any kind of sign of weakness would alert all the girls into trying to convince her not to do.
"Kelly I managed fine without him before I met him, I’ll manage just fine."
"Yeah but you managed without him before you fell in love with him. Do you really think you’ll love anyone the way you love Justin?"
"Anything is possible" she shrugged. "Look I understand that you all want us to be happy. The fact of the matter is that’s just not going to happen. Thanks for trying but its just not. Anyways I better go, he wants me to meet him over there today to sign the papers."
"Kristina…."
"If you guys want to stay then you’re more than welcome. I’ll be back in a little bit." Kristina grabbed her purse and headed out of the apartment. This was going to be one of the hardest things she ever had to do but it had to be done. The marriage was over. This would be the last time she set foot into that house as husband and wife. On the way there Kristina fought to hold back the tears that built up within. Was this the right thing to do? I mean questioning yourself over and over again had to mean something right? No…, it didn’t, it just meant that Kelly, Dez and Krystal were getting to her. Blocking out everything she pulled up to their house or their former house since she wouldn’t be living there anymore. Looking in the mirror to make sure her make up was still there, Kristina got out of the car and headed inside where surprisingly Justin, his lawyer and her own were waiting for her. Hell even they were a little sad to see this couple call apart but money is money right?

What about your
Your 10,000 promises?
That you gave to me
Your 10,000 promises
That you promised me

"Right on time" Justin’s lawyer smiled.
"Hi Richard, how are you?"
"Fine not happy to see each other once again under these circumstances."
"Um yeah I agree."
"Well lets get this show on the road shall we?" Justin sat there stoned face scanning Kristina’s face. Sure there was hurt there but there was also smugness as well. She wouldn’t falter under the circumstances and neither would her. Both were extremely stubborn, not backing down for anything. Richard, Justin’s lawyer and Jessica, Kristina’s lawyer discussed all of what were to happen.
"There will be a custody hearing to confer the amount of time Justina and Justin will spend with each parent."
"Can’t we just settle that amongst each other?" Kristina asked.
"It’d be better recommended if you did this in the courts just in case. The legalities of a custody case will make it easier for each parent to have an equal amount of time with their offspring."
"Yup that fine" Justin sighed. That was the first thing she had heard come out of his mouth since she arrived.
"Alrighty, now there’s the matter of support. Since you both didn’t sign a prenup, there will be the matter of--"
"I don’t want anything from Justin. I have my own money as well as he has his own. There’s no need for all of that."
"But Kristina--" Jessica interjected.
"I don’t want it, that’s that." Ok was she crazy? That boy had a net worth that could bank roll a country if he wanted. Any other woman would love to get her hands on that but Kristina wasn’t that type of woman. Money wasn’t what made her fall in love with him so money wasn’t needed without him.
"Well with that being settled do you all have any questions?"
"None."
"Nope."
"Alright, well here are your pens, please sign here, here and here." Justin grabbed the paper and threw his signature on it as if he was just simply signing a check. After he was done he slid the paper Kristina’s way. At that moment she felt lower than dirt. It was all ending just like that. Without stalling too long she took the paper, signing on the indicated lines. That was it, there before her were their divorce papers. The Kristina and Justin union was no more.




Once I could handle the truth
When the truth was you and I
But time after time all the promises
Turned out to be all lies
And now, now I see that you're somebody
Who wasted my time and money
What lie, oh what a lie (what a lie)
Oh you, you and I, oh you and I

"Well you two I’m sorry that it had to come to this but it’ll work out in the long run."
"Yeah" she whispered.
"Maman!!!" Kristina turned her head to face Justina who ran to her with open arms. She hadn’t seen her mother in a few days. She was more than thrilled to see her, even if her mother looked completely distraught.
"Oh hi baby" she smiled picking her up into her arms. She held her as tight as she could, reveling in the feel of her daughter in her arms.
"Maman where have you been?"
"I’ve been around honey. I had to go for a bit."
"Are you gonna stay?" A single tear fell from her eye, her daughter was going to be distraught when she told her or when they told her that she wasn’t going to be living with each other anymore. Sure she’d visit but it wouldn’t be the same.
"No honey I’m not."
"Maman what’s wrong?"
"Um…me and your daddy aren’t going to be together anymore."
"Why?"
"Because your maman cannot stay here anymore."
"Why?" Kristina gently kissed Justina on her forehead. There was no way to explain completely why she would no longer be there but she vowed that she’d come back as soon as possible along with Justin to explain their situation.
"Honey I’ll explain everything but just not right now ok?"
"Ok." Just then little J tried his best to walk towards her. Gently she put Justina back down on the ground and picked up J.
"Oh my sweet little boy" she whispered.
"Mommy sad."
"Yeah mommy is a little sad but its not because of you ok? Do you love mommy?" J nodded his head yes. "Mommy loves you too ok?"
"Ok."
"Justina, do you think you can take your little brother to the den for a second?"
"Yes." Justina took her little brother’s hand and walked him back to the den. The tears she miraculously held in where now pouring out like a stream. Richard, Jessica and Justin watched the heartrending scene before them. Even that made them sad. Now Justin was crying along with Kristina. When she saw that the kids were gone she turned to face the audience behind her.
"Well um" she sniffled, "I guess this is yours." Slowly she pulled the diamond ring that mesmerized her off her left finger.
"No, no that’s yours. You keep it." Due to the tears, Justin barely got his words out but he meant it. That ring was a gift to her. Keeping the ring would only harbor memories she didn’t want, so Kristina took Justin’s hand and opened it placing the ring inside.
"No….I--I don’t need it." Kristina was close to hysterics from everything going on. Not being able to withstand being in that house anymore, she headed for the door but was held back by Justin.

What about your
Your 10,000 promises?
That you gave to me (to me, babe)
Your 10,000 promises
That you promised me

"Wait don’t go, I’ll send for someone to drive you wherever you are."
"I’m fine Justin really."
"No you’re not--I don’t want anything bad to happen to you."
"Tah like you care" she scoffed.
"You’re right, I do. I still care for you, I’m never gonna stop caring for you Kristina. That’s not going to stop until the day I die." Had they made a mistake? Had they jumped the gun with their decision? Both thought that, especially Kristina who was not feeling regret for what had just happened. That was until she popped in.
"Knock knock" Veneska sung. Apparently something bad had went down because both Kristina and Justin standing before her faces were filled with tears. Simply looking at Veneska reminded Kristina that no, what she did was exactly right. Interesting how she came at the right time. At the right time to remind her why she had just signed the divorce papers. She just shook her head and walked out.
"Kristina wait!" Before he could stop her Veneska stood in his way.
"Did I come at a bad time?"

You say I'll take you back
But I close the door
'Cause I don't want 10,000 more

10,000 promises yeah
10,000 promises you gave to me

"You could say that, hold on for a second." Justin walked back into the kitchen where their lawyers still remained. Were they flirting with each other?? Hmm…interesting anyways Justin walked in, interrupting their conversation. "Do you have to file those papers right now?"
"No we do not, why do you ask?"
"I want to hold onto those for a minute."
"Mr. Timberlake, if we don’t file these papers then you know the divorce will be complete."
"I know." Both lawyers looked over at one another. They knew that those two couldn’t do this. You could look in their eyes and see that they were battling within about the choice they were about to make. Maybe without filing these papers they would work out their problems.
"Alright Mr. Timberlake, you know where my office is. Whenever you decide you want to do this just come by."
"That I will." Veneska watched as both lawyers walked out of the kitchen. She hadn’t seen Justin since Friday when he left in a huff. It was all happening. She never thought their plan was going to work but it did. It was happening!! She and Ruby managed to do what they set out to do, break them apart. Now onto settling herself into his life as his next wife.

What about your
Your 10,000 promises?
That you gave to me
Your 10,000 promises
That you promised me

Once we were lovers
Just lovers we were
You and I
What a lie

10,000 promises~Backstreet Boys


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki