Old Skool Love by Dreamer


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Old Skool Love

It's funny, how memories
Keep bringing you back to me
Just when I started to get myself together again
Thoughts of you
Come creeping in
Met at a party in June
Wasn't really tryin' to notice you
You looked at me with your sweet blue eyes
You walked up and said 'Hi'
Who would have known
That a love affair like ours would grow
Then slip away


God, she hated moving houses. She travelled 10 months of the year, from city to city, country to country; her damn house couldn’t just stay in one place? No, she Eva Sophia, the girl Hollywood never left alone….ever.

She began with her closet, pulling out old shoe boxes; she had all sorts of things stored in. She opened the first box and gasped. She slowly reached for the twenty dollar bill, examining it as she held it. She remembered when she got this.

It was at some party for MTV, almost 3 years ago. When it all started.

“Eva, stop being a suck. You have to be at this party. Go to the bar and grab a drink. You’ll feel better.” Her assistant, as well as one of her best friends, Julie demanded. She understood Eva was sick of all the parties, because with parties came all the rumours that Eva was just sick of. She watched her friend make her way through the crowd.

She sat down immediately as she approached the bar, and she was served just as quickly, everyone wanting to please her. She took a hold of her glass, looking over the bar as she brought the glass to her lips.

Her hand froze when she noticed a pair of sweet blue eyes, starring at her. He smiled politely, titling his drink to her. She smiled back, titling her glass in return before taking a drink.

She ordered another drink from the bartender and turned back to look at the stranger with sweet eyes, but to her disappointment, he had disappeared.

“Hi.” She heard a voice behind her, she turned in her seat, surprised to see the stranger from across the bar. Well now he was no longer a stranger, she knew exactly who he was. “I’m Justin.” He extended his hand to her, keeping his blue eyes starring into her green ones.

“Eva.” She whispered, accepting his hand, shaking it politely. He made no movement to release her hand as they stared into each other’s eyes.

“Do you wanna get out of here?” It’s like he could read her mind and understand she didn’t want to be there. She didn’t even hesitate when she answered.

“Definitely.” He grabbed his wallet and threw down a twenty, paying for her drinks. He turned around, putting his jacket on, as she grabbed his twenty and replaced it with her own fifty.

Still miss that old school love
Not quite that do right love
Your love was fine
Never on time
You're steady on my mind
Still miss that old school love
Not quite the right one love
I don't want you back
But I'll never ever love the same way again


“Justin please, I need you.” She whispered into the phone, clutching the blanket to her chest.

“Baby, I’m in London. I’ll try to get back to L.A. as soon as possible but it won’t be for at least three days.”

“But the funerals after tomorrow, I can’t do it without you.” She cried into the phone, pulling the blanket tighter around her, feeling cold without Justin holding her.

“Sweetie I’m promoting the album, there’s no way I can make. If I could you know I do it.”

“But you can! Don’t you see? You’re Justin Timberlake, baby, I feel like someone is ripping my insides apart, I need to have you here, I’m a wreck.”

“Eva, you’re the strongest person I know, you’ll make it through this and I’ll be there as soon as I can, okay? But right now I’m working. I’m sorry.”

“Not soon enough.” She mumbled, tears filling her green eyes. He sighed loudly, he did feel bad that he couldn’t make it to the funeral but he had to work. He couldn’t just drop everything the moment something bad happened.

“Eva, I love you and I’ll see you soon.”

“Yah.” She agreed, hanging up the phone, bursting into tears all alone.

Now here I am startin' over with a new love
He's a real man with a good heart
He's more than enough
Laid back and smooth
With a warm and gentle touch
Near or far


“C’mon baby we’re late.” She laughed as he held the door open for her, pulling her through. They were supposed to have arrived almost an hour ago but Eva had no clue what to wear and Anthony waited patiently on her bed as she decided not really in a hurry.

“Anthony, just be inconspicuous.” He laughed at the outrageous comment; he was six feet tall and gorgeous. He attracted attention where ever he went. She stood in front of him at the back of the room, looking for their table. He gently stroked her arm as she searched.

“Hopefully, it’s close to the back.” She remarked, stepping on her tippy toes trying to get a better view.

“Table 8, was it baby?” She nodded. He placed his hands on her waist and lifted her so she could see above all the other tables. She laughed out loud, some people turned to look at them. She instantly covered her mouth, turning to him and burying her face in his chest.

“The front row!” She laughed against his chest.

“Don’t worry about it baby, just stay cool. I’m sure not many people will notice.” He took her hand and began leading the way, everyone turned to look at them as they walked to their seats, no one paying attention to the speaker.

“How can you be so calm? We’re getting so much attention.” She whispered, avoiding everyone’s stares.

“I’m with you.” He answered smoothly; pulling out her chair for her once they reached their table. She sat down quickly and he followed suit both turning to look at the speaker who was glaring at the two of them.

His love is (never) never
(Never) never too much
(There I go again)
Thinkin' about your lips
When I'm kissing him
(There you go again)
Throwin' me back, makin' me reminisce
And I know it's wrong (I know it's wrong)
Me holding on (me holding on)
Thank you for being the one that I


They reached the bar, her hand in Anthony’s as he ordered for the both of them. The presentation had ended and the party had started. They had apologized to the coordinator for being late and taking attention away from the presentation. The coordinator seemed to accept their apology. After that they decided they needed drinks.

She brought her drink slowly to her lips, glancing around the bar, stopping dead when he eyes met sweet blue ones. He held her gaze, smiling at her as he titled his cup towards her. She shook her head, breaking the contact and turning back to Anthony.

“What’s wrong sweetie?” Anthony asked, as he nuzzled her neck.

“Um, nothing. I think I just want another one of these.”

“Sure,” he turned to the bartender, “another sex on the beach.” The bartender immediately started mixing the drink and handed it to her when it was ready. “You seem jumpy baby, you wanna leave?”

“No.” She answered quickly, too quickly. “I just wanna dance with you.”

“Let’s go then.” She smiled, pulling him onto the dance floor. She found a spot in the middle, recognizing many of the celebrities dancing around her. Anthony’s hands settled on her hips and he pulled her close to him. The song turned slow and she held on to his broad shoulders, resting her head against her chest.

As they turned slowly, she felt a pair of eyes on her and soon enough she discovered who it was. Not far across the dance floor Justin was dancing with Cameron Diaz, but his eyes were focused on her. He slowly began placing small kisses on Cameron’s bare shoulder.

She couldn’t believe him. They had broken up only nine months ago or so. She had only been dating Anthony for four months, Justin dating Cameron for two or even less. She raised her head, placing her small hand on Anthony’s cheek gaining his attention. She leaned up on her toes, her lips meeting his. The kiss was sweet, the way they always were. He held her tightly against his body and he hands slipped to his back. She turned her head deepening the kiss. Her tongue entered his mouth and began playing with his own.

He was shocked, as they never had kissed like this before, but he didn’t mind in the least. He responding willingly, not caring where they were.

Her hands slid over her back, remembering how strong he was. He was much more toned they she thought when they first met that night at the party. She kissed him passionately, her hands making their way to the nape of his neck where she could play with his blonde curls. But when she reached his neck, she was met with nothing but peach fuzz.

Her eyes opened instantly. Anthony had a shaved head; Justin was the one with curls. She pulled away from him, stealing one look at Justin. She couldn’t take the sadness she saw on his face or the confusion she saw on Anthony’s.

“I have to go to the ladies room.” She quickly squeezed herself through the crowd, nearly running into the washroom. It was empty; she thanked God as tears began forming in her eyes. She leaned against the wall, sliding down it onto the ground. What was she doing? What was wrong with her? Thinking of Justin when she was kissing Anthony.

Her eyes widened and her pulse quickened as the door opened and Justin walked in.

Didn't ya tell me that ya never tell me lies
And didn't ya tell me that you'd never say goodbye
All of my heart
You tore it apart
Lord knows, your memory still remains
All that I know (all that I know)
Just can't let go (just can't let go)
Still miss that


She stood quickly, wiping her eyes, knowing she probably looked like a mess.

“Wha…what are you doing in here?” She stuttered, knowing this was the ladies washroom.

“I came in after you.” He stood in front of the door, not making any movement to her. She closed her eyes tightly, attempting to think.

“Why?” She cried out. He looked just as confused as she felt. He ran his hands through his hair.

“I don’t know. I saw you tonight and you ignored me at the bar and then you made out with that guy right in front of me. It made me…it made me…”

“It made you what?” She shouted, regaining her control.

“Jealous.” He shouted. “It made me jealous Eva.” She took a deep breath. Why all this shit happened to her she had no idea. “I wanted to be Anthony; I wanted to punch out Anthony. Eva, I can’t go on not being with you.” He slowly moved towards her.

“Stop.” She burst out. “Stop everything. Don’t talk, don’t move, and don’t look at me. I can’t, not again, not with you.”

“Why?” He stopped moving towards her, only standing about two feet away.

“Justin, what about all the lies?” She cried, wrapping her arms around herself.

“Eva, I said I was sorry, for everything.”

“Ya, you did say you were sorry and you also said you wouldn’t do it again. But,” she laughed, “You lied.”

“Eva, I’ve changed.” He reached out for her but she pushed his hand away.

“You said you’d never leave me J.” She cried, remembering the day he left her. “But you’re the one who said goodbye, not the other way around.”

“I was wrong, I was stupid. I didn’t know how good I had it. I took you for granted Eva.” He explained quickly, desperately. Tears filled his blue eyes long ago but not one had fallen down his cheek. Eva wished she could have been so strong. Tears had been streaming down her face she ran into the washroom.

“Yes you did.” She grabbed a paper towel, wiped her eyes, straightened out her outfit and walked straight past Justin to the door.

She turned one last time, looking at him in such a vulnerable state. She never forget him. His memory of the time he spent with her would be with her forever.

I don't want you back no no
I don't want you back
But I'll never ever love the same way again


She rushed through the party, to the lobby of the hotel, getting stares from many people. Everyone was whispering about her. Fuck, they had heard her and Justin in the washroom. Tomorrow it’d be headline that it was Justin who had dumped her but now it Justin who wanted her back. With her head down she made it to the lobby quickly. Wow the party was going on everywhere. There were still so many people out here. Well at least none of them had heard what happened in the washroom.

Suddenly her hand was grabbed and she was turned around.

“Anthony.” She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck.

“Baby, are you okay?”

“Can we leave? Just get out of here and go anywhere?” She asked desperately.

“Sure, I’ll get the driver to bring the car around. Wait here.” She nodded, watching him leave. She glanced around the hall, groaning deeply when she saw Justin approaching her. She tried to get away from him but he was too quick. He grabbed her arm, and held it tightly.

“Eva, you can’t do this to me. You can’t do this to us.”

“No Justin. You did this to us.” She yanked her arm from his grasp. The two of them were already attracting attention. “Go away, everyone is watching us.”

“No, Eva I love you. I always will. You can’t love Anthony, the way you loved me, Eva you can’t.” His comment angered her immensely.

“No Justin, I won’t love Anthony the way I loved you. I don’t think I’ll love anyone the way I loved you. But Anthony will love me better then the way you loved me and for that, I will not only love him but respect him more than I ever did you.” She turned towards the door, praying Anthony would return. She noticed photographers all over the lobby and couldn’t believe Justin would do this in such a public place.

“Eva, me and you, we’re destiny. Marry me Eva and everything will be better, I promise.” Her eyes widened.

“What?” He had sounded so sincere in his proposal, she almost believed he would change and things would be different than before. He mouth dropped open as Justin knelt down on one knee.

“Eva Sophia, I want you to marry me.” She looked around the lobby, noticing they had everyone’s full attention, cameras were flashing constantly but her gaze froze on Anthony, who was standing at the entrance, starring at her with a pained expression on his face.

“Justin,” she whispered, placing her hand on his cheek, “I will never love anyone the way I loved you. And you’ve given many memories good and bad that I will never forget. But you broke my heart; you tore it apart without a second glance ad I won’t risk that again. I might never forget you Justin but that doesn’t mean that I want you back.” She wiped away one tear as it slid down his cheek and hit her hand. “Goodbye Justin.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki