It's Not Just Me-Sequel to Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 100
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Wow, how long has it been since I last update? I can't even remember, which means it's been way too long....sorry about that. I hope you enjoy this chapter and it's not too boring. As always, reviews are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chapter 13: Some Things Never Change

 

 

I can’t take these MTV cameras anymore!! 

 

 

Seriously, I think I’m gonna scream. They follow me around everywhere I go. The only privacy I have is when I go to the bathroom! They film me eating, sleeping, brushing my teeth, and even now when I’m sitting on the bus just staring out the window at the passing scenery. How could any of that possibly be interesting enough to put on TV? I just don’t get it and I really wish my mom hadn’t convinced me to do this….or shall I say push me into this.  

 

 

Speaking of my dear ol’ mom, she’s on the bus with me too along with Liz and my trusty bodyguard Dave. Mom and I still have yet to really sit down and talk about her engagement. I just pretend that I’m okay with it and happy for her and she pretends like she believes me. Who knows, maybe she does believe me—maybe she doesn’t really know me at all anymore. Heck, I barely know myself.  

 

 

“Hey chica.” Liz smiles as she plops down next me. I don’t turn to her, but smile back at her reflection through the window. “This road trip would have been way better if Joey would have been allowed to ride with us or any of the guys for that matter.” 

 

 

Dave is still acting all strict about following the rules. I can’t have anyone on my bus that’ not on his ‘approved list’ and I’m most definitely not allowed on any other bus but the one he’s on. All this overprotective stuff is really getting on my nerves and ruining any possible fun I could be having on this tour.  

 

 

“Yeah,” I sigh turning to face Liz. “I really wanted Joey to ride with us too.” 

 

 

“Let’s call him.” She suggests, pulling out her cell phone with a very feminine giggle. She quickly dials his number before holding the tiny pink phone to her ear. Just as she says hello, my mom saunters into view, hanging up her own phone and coming to sit across from me. She motions for Liz to take her conversation elsewhere and with an annoyed sigh Liz does.  

 

 

“We need to talk.”  

 

 

“About what?” I ask apprehensively, suddenly wanting Liz to return to my side again. I guess she’s finally ready to address her engagement. My mind is already starting to race trying to come up with something good to say about it. All I’m coming up with is ‘please don’t marry him!’ 

 

 

“I don’t want you to take this as a criticism, okay honey,” She prompts, her words making stomach sink to my knees. “It’s about your set. We think…um…it would be beneficial for you to maybe add some backup dancers or something.” 

 

 

“Why?” I immediately ask. I thought I was doing well and I’ve told my mom before that I don’t want dancers. I want my set to be about the music not the flash.  

 

 

“Well, you’re a little stiff sweetie. Your fans want to see you having a good time up there and not just standing behind the microphone and singing.” 

 

 

You see how she sugarcoats everything by using words like ‘sweetie’ and ‘honey.’ It doesn’t sound as bad when she puts it like that.  

 

 

“So you want me to dance?” I ask with honest to God terror in my voice. I don’t dance—I don’t know how to dance. I’m just not able to let go enough to be free enough to dance and I have two left feet! 

 

 

“It would be nice.” She smiles sweetly.  

 

 

“Did I get bad reviews or something?” My eyes twitch to the cameras before focusing on my mother again. How embarrassing that I have to be criticized like this at all, let alone on camera.    

 

 

“Your first show was great….when you went on first,” How would she know, she wasn’t even there. “The last show you had to follow Nsync and with all the energy they have that’s hard to do for any artist.” 

 

 

I was upstaged. I’m too boring to be on the same tour as Nsync. I don’t know why I thought I was good enough for this. I mean I figured that at least if I didn’t like it the fans still did. I can’t believe I’ve been so naive. I just want to crawl under a rock and die. I could just die.  

 

 

“I spoke with Mr. Wright and he’s going to speak with the guys about giving you some lessons.” 

 

 

“Lessons?” I echo dumbly. 

 

 

“Dance lessons.” She grins. “They choreograph a lot of their own routines and could help you. Isn’t that great?” 

 

 

Not only do I get to look like a freaking idiot, but I get to do it in front of my ex-boyfriend.  

 

 

Yeah, that’s fantastic….  

 

 

~*~*~*~ 

 

 

“Alright, you guys got an hour then I want your scrawny asses back on this bus.”  

 

 

“I’m really feeling the love Mike.” JC answers back sarcastically as he stands up to stretch after his long nap.  Seriously, you’ll never meet another person who loves to sleep more than this guy.  

 

 

We all laugh at JC’s comment and begin shuffling off the bus and across the parking lot to the small and very empty diner. Johnny just informed us that Elli would like us to help choreograph her show. I was pretty surprised, as was Joey that she wanted to add dance to her set. No offense to Elli or anything, but I just can’t really see her doing that. I’m not sure she was born with any rhythm seeing how klutzy she is.  

 

 

“Man am I starving.” Chris announces as we all slide around a large round booth.  

 

 

“You’re always hungry.” Lance laughs heartily. I think he’s high or something—he’s been laughing at nothing all day. He’s been unbearably hyper. I guessing it’s due to a combination of all the caffeinated soda and candy he and Joey have been eating nonstop.  

 

 

“Yeah, well you’re always…..you’re always….annoying.”  

 

 

“Good one Chris.” I laugh sarcastically.   

 

 

“There’s my new dance partner!” Joey exclaims, literally climbing over me to run over to Elli. She looks terrified as he scoops her up in his arms and tosses her over his shoulder. Her bodyguard Dave looks angry, but Elli’s sudden burst of laughter as Joey spins around in circles softens is hard exterior. She’s too cute for anyone to stay angry at her….at least for long.  

 

 

“Joey! Put me down!!!” She laughs, pounding on his back with her fists. “I’m gonna be sick.” 

 

 

“Put her down dufus.” Liz smiles, smacking him hard in the stomach. Joey leans over clutching his stomach and sending Elli sliding off his shoulder and on to the hard floor with a thud. “You okay El?” 

 

 

“I’m fine,” She answers playfully glaring up at Joey as she pushes herself up off the floor. Before she even has a chance to dust off her clothes, Lance—still on his sugar high, mind you—grabs her and begins spinning her around the floor to the nonexistent music that’s apparently playing in his head. Oh, god, she’s stomping all over his feet.  

 

 

“Alright, alright,” Dave interrupts the fun. “You need to eat so we can get going again.”  

 

 

“We’ll pick this up again later.” Lance winks playfully.  

 

 

“Yeah, we’ll see about that.” Elli laughs, following Lance over to the booth and sliding in so that she sitting between Lance and me. She tosses me a tiny smile over her shoulder before picking up a menu. Liz pulls up a chair and immediately engages the guys in witty conversation.  

 

 

“You’re quite the dancer.” I chuckle lowly so that only Elli can hear me. A deep blush takes over her already rosy cheeks.  

 

 

“I know I’m terrible. That’s the thing about rhythm, you’re either born with it or your not and I definitely was not.”  

 

 

“Don’t worry, I’ve got enough rhythm for the both of us.” That came out wrong. I’m not even sure what that means actually. “I mean, I’m a good teacher. I taught you how to play the guitar didn’t I?” 

 

 

“That’s a little different and way less embarrassing.”  

 

 

“It just takes some getting used to. A little practice is all you need.” 

 

 

“Oh my gosh!” She suddenly gasps, picking up her menu again to hide her face as she slouches down on her seat.  

 

 

“What’s wrong?” 

 

 

“I didn’t know your mother was going to be here.” She whispers frantically as I look up at my mom with grin. “I haven’t seen your mom since the incident.” 

 

 

If I didn’t think she would hit me and she didn’t look so completely terrified I’d laugh right now. Do ya’ll remember the first time my mom met Elli? Well they haven’t seen one another since then and I’m sure Elli’s not forgotten about it. My mom will be fine, that was three years ago.

 

 

(FLASHBACK) 

 

 

“Did you sleep well?” I nod, leaning down to brush my lips against her unexpectant ones. She surprises me by responding almost instantly and I take it as I sign I’m doing the right thing. It’s not like this is the first time we’ve made out. This is just the first time she’s been this relaxed about it. “Good,” She breathes shakily when we pull away.

 

“What time do you have to be home?” I ask, stretching out my aching muscles.

 

She shrugs against me, “By dinner time, so probably before seven.”

 

“Mmmm.” I sound with a suggestive smile before bringing her lips back to mine. As our lips work against one another’s I carefully move to sit up a bit more and swing her legs to drape over the side of the couch. I don’t think we’re quite to the laying down while making out stage. I wouldn’t want to pressure Elli into doing something she’s not ready for. I nip her bottom lip before pulling it into my mouth to softly suck it. I then encircle her lips with my tongue, flirting and teasing her by flitting just the tip of my tongue just past her lips. When her lips part as she gasps for air I take the initiative to dip my tongue deeper into her mouth, sucking her tongue into my mouth.

 

I pray that she’s actually liking this and not just too shy to push me away–I mean, not to sound cocky, but I’ve never really had any complains about my technique before. My doubts are extinguished the moment her hands sneak around my neck where her short nails gently scrape against my skin. I pull back and tease her again before leaning down farther to kiss the side of her neck and work my way back up to her mouth again.

 

“Justin Randall!”

 

We both jump at the sound of my mother’s shrill voice and in the process Elli bites down on my tongue before I have a chance to remove it. She gasps when I yelp out in pain and I’m sure she’s about ready to burst into tears–I know I am. I think I taste blood….

 

I push Elli off me, grabbing at my mouth with one hand while the other holds Elli in place before she flees the scene. I sit up farther and look over at my mother’s very shocked face and prepare for the all out tongue lashing I’m about to receive…of a completely different nature of the one I was enjoying just moments before.  

 

 

(END OF FLASHBACK) 

 

 

That really wasn’t funny at the time, but it is now. I’m sure Elli doesn’t agree. My tongue was sore for like two weeks after that.  

 

 

“You don’t need to be embarrassed,” I assure her, trying to pull the menu from her grasp. “She probably doesn’t even remember.”  

 

 

“Yeah right,” She laughs bitterly. “You don’t forget something like that.” 

 

 

“Momma Lynn!” Lance, Joey, Chris, and JC all exclaim simultaneously. My mom’s smile widens as she greets all of us. Since Nsync started touring we’ve always met my mom at this very same diner (excluding the first couple of tours when I was a lot younger and she went with me)—it’s like a tradition.  

 

 

“How are my boys?” 

 

 

“Hungry!” Chris shouts playfully before bursting into laughter along with Joey. These guys are friggin nuts.  

 

 

“How about you ladies?” She asks looking between Elli and Liz with that same pleasant smile she’s always wearing.  

 

 

“Fine, thank you.” Elli whispers almost inaudibly with her head hanging down in shame.  

 

 

“I love that skirt.” Liz gushes.  

 

 

“Thank you, I just bought it.”  

 

 

“Scoot,” Elli whispers frantically as she pushes desperately at my side. I look at her strangely before standing up and letting her practically fly out of the booth. In her haste her feet get tangled on the leg of the table and she goes tumbling to the floor.  

 

The conversation at the table immediately ceases and all attention is focused on Elli’s crumpled body. She grabs hold of her left knee with a howl of pain before assuring us that she’s okay. She picks herself up from the floor and mutter something about a headache before grabbing Dave and rushing outside to the safely of her bus.   

 

So I guess it’s safe to say that meeting number two with my mom went about as well as the first.  

 

 

TBC.....



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki