It's Not Just Me-Sequel to Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 100
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 1: My Big Fat Greek….Reunion?



Ugh, I hate premieres. This premiere has absolutely nothing to do with me and I still hate it. The moment I stepped foot out of the limo the flashes from cameras were endless and my name was being screamed from every direction. A two-minute walk down ended up taking nearly and hour.


I would have to say the obtrusive questions from the various reports and entertainment show anchors is the worst part. They all want to know who I’m wearing and if I came with someone. And God forbid I actually show up alone. And then if I do bring someone, by the next day the tabloids and entertainment television shows are claiming we’re engaged and pregnant. It’s really quite ridiculous. I don’t understand the obsession with knowing every minor detail in my life. I mean these people even know how I take my coffee for Christ’s sake.


So after hearing all this complaining, you’re probably wondering why I put myself through all this. Why don’t I just sneak off into obscurity? I love my music and I love even more to share it with others. As for the premiere I’m currently attending, I’m here to support a friend of mine”Joey Fatone. He’s in this movie called “My Big Fat Greek Wedding.” He was great in it too. I wouldn’t have pegged him for the acting type, but he was great. I haven’t really gotten a chance to talk to him yet besides just a casual hello, hug, and congratulations on the movie. He seems really happy and excited about the whole, as he should.


Grabbing a glass of champagne from one of the many waiters walking the room, I move to sit at one of the tables near the back of the room. I sit down at the empty table that is decorated in Greek theme, as is the rest of the room and leisurely sip at the bubbly liquid. I scan the large crowd, looking for a familiar face and see a few, but am too lazy to get up. I just don’t fell much like socializing tonight.


“Drunk yet?” I look away from the crowd and smile up at the man standing at my side. With the smile still not leaving my lips and place my champagne flute on the table and rise to accept this hug.


“I’m on my way.” I answer his question with a laugh that he returns loudly. “This is only my first.” I answer back seriously, gesturing to my glass still sitting on the table.


Joey reaches past me and grabs my drink, thrusting it back into my hand. “Then you better get going.” I laugh again and gulp down the rest of the liquid quickly for effect. I’m barely able to swallow before Joey’s handing me another.


“Are you trying to get me drunk Josep””


“Elli Montgomery,” An all too familiar voice calls from behind me, “Is that alcohol in your underage hand?”


Joey cackles obnoxiously and slings an arm over my shoulders, turning us both around. Wow, I certainly was not expecting to run into him. I probably wouldn’t have come if I knew he was going to be here. Being near him brings back too many unpleasant memories that I do not want to relive. Putting on a somewhat fake smile and step towards him and into his open arms accepting his kind embrace.


“How long has it been?”


“About three years.” I answer too quickly. “Where’s Elisha? Did she come with you?”


“Yeah,” Trace answers looking distractingly around the room. “I think she’s in the bathroom.”


As if on cue and loud squeal sound from the far side of the room and Elisha comes flying towards me at full force. She nearly knocks me off my feet with the force she hits me. I laugh along with her as we hug tightly.


“You look incredible!” She gushes sweetly and I can’t stop the blush from creeping to my cheeks. Even after three years I still can blush with the best of ‘em.


“Thank you. So do you.” And she really does. I didn’t think it was possible for Elisha to look even more perfect then before, but I guess I’ve been proven wrong. A glittering object on her left ring finger catches my eyes and before I can even say anything besides a gasp she giggling like mad. “You two are engaged?!”


Both Trace and Elisha nod excitedly before sharing a sweet kiss.


“Enough with the PDAs!” Joey groans playfully, “Wait a minute, how do you guys know each other?”


Trace looks at me oddly. I’m sure he’s wondering why Joey doesn’t know that I once knew…his best friend. I haven’t really known Joey all that long”as a friend at least. When we met, about two months ago, he didn’t remember who I was and I just never told him. He had only met me once and his attention was focused more on Liz than me. I preferred to just leave that part of my life behind, so I just didn’t tell him.


“Through an old friend.” I answer with my eyes downcast. I hate even thinking about him.


“Justin.” Trace adds firmly. I cringe at the sound of his name. That name is no longer spoken in my house or ever around me for that matter. I can feel Trace’s stern gaze on me and I find myself reaching for my drink that Joey was holding for me. “Elli.” Trace says in a warning tone.


I look up at him with a sigh and raise my eyebrows in question. His eyes shift between my face and glass a few time. “What?” I ask unpleasantly, not liking this daddy routine he’s pulling; I get enough of that from Steve. Yes my mom is still with him. I really was surprised that my didn’t break it off with him after she found out that he kept my little secret from her. She was the most angry I’ve ever seen her after she found out he lied to her, but they worked through it.


He just shakes his head in apparent disappointment and pulls Elisha towards him to hug to his side. “He’s here.”


My heart literally stops beating for a moment and the breath is sucked out of me. He’s here? He’s not supposed to be here. I heard Joey say that he couldn’t make it tonight. That’s the only reason I agreed to come. I can’t stay here if he’s here. I can’t see him; I don’t even like hearing his name.


“Who’s here?” Joey asks, looking back and forth between Trace and myself.


“Justin.”


“Dude!” Joey exclaims happily, “Are you serious? He told me he couldn’t make it. Where is he?”


I look down at my wrist at my invisible watch and then back up at Joey. “I’ve really have to get going.” I announce apologetically grabbing my jacket off the back of my chair. I hug Joey one more time, “Again, congrats on the movie.” I smile, kissing him on the cheek.


“It was really great seeing both of you again,” I say, backing way from the table and closer to the exit. “We should get together some time to catch up.” After a quick wave I quickly stumble towards the door. I would be able to move a whole lot faster if there weren’t so many people here. Getting rid of these stilettos would also help.


I can’t freaking believe he’s here. I haven’t spoken to him since it happened. I didn’t even give him a chance to explain himself. I don’t think I really needed to though, I mean there were pictures. He tried to get a hold of me for weeks after, even going as far as to trying to get Liz to deliver messages to me. She did give me a letter from him that I still have. I’ve never opened it, but I didn’t have the courage to throw it away.


As I step outside, I’m knocked from my thoughts, literally, when I run into a hard body and nearly tumble backwards. Two strong arms catch me before I can hit the ground. As I’m being lifted back to my feet I open my eyes to look into the face of my savior. I gasp audibly and my eyes widen to the point they feel as if they’re about to pop out of their sockets. What are the chances?


YOU, I HEAR YOU’RE DOING FINE
SEEMS LIKE YOU’RE DOING WELL
AS FAR AS I CAN TELL
TIME IS LEAVING US BEHIND
ANOTHER WEEK HAS PASSED
AND STILL I HAVEN’T LAUGHED YET
SO TELL ME WHAT YOUR SECRET IS
TO LETTING GO LIKE YOU DID, LIKE YOU DID



“You alright?” He asks as if we’ve never spoken before in our lives. I stare at him for several moments before realizing that my hands are still holding his arms tightly and his hands are still cradling my waist. I immediately release my grip and take two giant steps from him. “Elli?”


So he does remember who I am. I scoff in offense at his nonchalant attitude and step away from him to lean against the outside of the building. Reaching into my purse I grab my half empty pack of cigarettes and slowly pull one out while I dig around my bag for my lighter.


“Since when do you smoke?” He asks, holding out his lighter to me. I insert my cigarette into my mouth and lean towards him and take the light he’s offered. I inhale deeply, truly enjoying my smoke. I’m already starting to relax.


“Since when do you give a damn about me?” I answer back, blowing smoke in his face in an obnoxious manor. He rolls his eyes and throws his hand up in the air before turning to walk away.


HOW CAN YOU JUST WALK ON BY
WITHOUT ONE TEAR IN YOUR EYE
DON’T YOU HAVE THE SLIGHTEST FEELINGS LEFT FOR ME
MAYBE THAT’S JUST YOUR WAY
OF DEALING WITH THE PAIN
FORGETTING EVERYTHING BETWEEN OUR RISE AND FALL
LIKE WE NEVER LOVED AT ALL



“Yeah, just walk way Justin,” I call after him, speaking to his back as he retreats. “You’re great at that.”


He stops mid-step and turns back to me with fire in his eyes. He is not honestly mad at me is he? I mean he has no right to be! I’m not the one who cheated; he is. I saw the pictures and read the article about him and Allison. Of all people he could have chosen, he chose her. It’s like he was thinking ‘who’s the one person I could cheat on Elli with that would help twist the knife that much further?’


“I am not the one that walked away from our relationship.”


“You may not have physically walked away but your heart was long gone way before I ever left.” I answer back in a biting tone, pushing more smoke in his face. His nose wrinkles in disgust as he swats at the whirling smoke. He’s never liked smokers.


“You never gave me an chance to explain,” He defends standing so close to me that I’m physically unable to move and inch from the wall. As angry as I am with him right now I can’t help but revel in the feeling of his body so close to mine. I was in love with him for goodness sake! That doesn’t just go away, even after three years. I’m secure enough to admit that I still find him attractive. He looks more mature now and he’s got hair again and shaved his face”he looks good. “If you had stuck around to listen you would have””


“I don’t want to hear it Justin.” I whisper harshly my feelings of anger and lust slowly blurring together and causing me to lose a bit of my composure.


DID YOU FORGET THE MAGIC
DID YOU FORGET THE PASSION
DID YOU EVER MISS ME
EVER LONG TO KISS ME



“Fine,” He answers back in a voice just as quiet as mine. His eyes flick from mine down to my lips and then back. I should be pushing him away right now, but I can’t. I hate that I want him to kiss me. I hate even more that I’ve dreamt of his sweet lips every night for the past three years. One of his arms reaches up to press against the wall just next to my head while the other remains hanging at his side. I find my eyes focused on his lips now as he leans in closer. The fingers of his free hand move up my arm and neck to trace my parted lips before sliding back down to my hand and plucking the dangling cigarette from my fingers. He tosses it to the ground and extinguishes it with his foot. “But don’t leave the party on my account.”


The next thing I feel is the cold night air wrapping around my body. My eyes open slowly and I just barely catch a glimpse of his backside as he saunters back inside. I let out a breath I hadn’t even realized that I was holding and push myself off the cold brick wall. Tears prick my eyes as my tough exterior begins to crumble and I head toward my awaiting limo telling the driver to take me home and fast.


HOW CAN YOU JUST WALK ON BY
WITHOUT ONE TEAR IN YOUR EYE
DON’T YOU HAVE THE SLIGHTEST FEELINGS LEFT FOR ME
MAYBE THAT’S JUST YOUR WAY
OF DEALING WITH THE PAIN
FORGETTING EVERYTHING BETWEEN OUR RISE AND FALL
LIKE WE NEVER LOVED AT ALL




Song Credit: Like We Never Loved at All”Faith Hill


TBC.....(Please let me know what you think!)


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki