It's Not Just Me-Sequel to Holes by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 100
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 3: The Collaboration



Ya’ll are gonna be so psyched after I tell you this. Are you ready? Nsync is officially back together! I know, I couldn’t be more thrilled and neither could the guys. Right this very moment we’re laying down tracks to a new Christmas album. After we release this one, which hopefully will be the first week of December, we’re going to start working on our next real album. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the solo thing, but Nsync is what’s really in my heart and it’s how I got started. I love these guys like brothers and there’s nothing in the world I would rather be doing right now then working with them again.


“Alright, so we’re gonna do Silent Night, All I Want for Christmas is You, Oh Holy Night,” JC begins reciting off the paper pad he’s been taking notes on. These are the tracts we’ve almost decided on. “The Christmas Song, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, The First Noel, Merry Christmas-Happy Holidays, I’ll Be Home For Christmas, Oh Come All Ye Faithful, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Winter Wonderland, and My Grown-up Christmas List.”


“I don’t think we should do Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays.” Chris speaks up, “That was on our other one.”


“So was, Oh Holy Night and First Noel.” Joey replies smartly.


“Yeah, but those are traditional songs. I think we should keep it strictly traditional this time.”


“I kinda like that idea.” I admit, in turn receive a high-five from Chris and a scowl from Joey. JC merely shakes his head at us”once the Daddy of the group always the Daddy of the group. Damn, I’ve missed working with these guys. “Let’s just toss out that one and leave it at eleven songs.”


“We’ve gotta have an even number.” Lance answers. The dude’s got issues with odd numbers. I think its and OCD thing. “We had twelve songs for every record except Celebrity. We need twelve.”


“Then what are we gonna add?” Joey asks as JC scratches out the song we’ve all decided not to use. Joey tosses a balled up piece of paper at Chris because he didn’t get his way. Chris only snickers back.


“How about jingle bells?”


“Eh.”


“Rudolph?”


“Nah.”


“Mary Did You Know?”


“Maybe.”


“I got!” Joey announces shooting his finger up in the air in his excitements. We all stare at him expectantly, but he doesn’t say anything. He just sits there with his damn finger sticking up in the air. He lowers his finger and motions downward with his hands as if he’s trying to calm himself or maybe us down. He need to just f**king spit it out and stop playing games. “Baby It’s Cold Outside.”


“That’s a duet man.” I say after a few moments of us all starting at him like his a freaking lunatic.


“There’s five of us.” He answers back.


“A duet with a girl.” Chris laughs.


“I got a girl.”


“You got a girl that will sing with us?” JC asks doubtfully.


“Would I have suggested it if I didn’t?”


~*~*~*~


“No, absolutely not.”


“Oh come on El, you would be perfect.” Joey stomps childishly. There’s no freaking way that I would ever record as song with Nsync. You know why, because one of the ‘N’ in there is for Justin Timberlake. Joey might as well just give up now”it’s just not going to happen and that’s that. “You know you want to.”


“No, I really don’t.”


“It’s one song.”


“One song too many Jo. Sorry.”


“You got something against my group or what?”


“Not the whole group, just one member.” I answer back knowing that I’m going to have to finally tell him the truth. He knows that I know Justin from the premier party, but not the extent of our relationship. “Sit down, there’s something I have tell you.”


“Okay,” He answers back skeptically and slowly sits down. I sit down next to him and take a deep breath as I try to figure out where to start. “You’re scaring me a little El.”


I laugh a little at his comment. “I already knew you before I met you.”


“What?”


“Do you remember the win a date with Nsync thing that you did like three years ago?” He nods affirming his remembrance. I thought that he might have gotten it from there, didn’t you? “I won and I brought my friend Liz with me.”


He’s silent for a few moments before he gasps audibly and covers his gaping his mouth with one of his hands. I smile awkwardly and nod at him. I didn’t think this would be that shocking to him.


“I hope you’re not angry at me for lying to you.” I say when he still has yet to speak. “See, Justin and I…..well we sort of…..we kind of dated and things didn’t end well between us. I just really don’t like talking about it or him for that matter. I thought you were sweet and”I should have told you.”


“I can’t believe that you’re….her…I”you”she”I don’t know what to say.” He stutters only making me feel worse for confusing him so. “You don’t even look like that same girl.”


“I’ve grown up a lot since then.” I laugh, then biting my bottom lip as I wait for him to speak again. I still can’t tell if he’s angry or not. “Are you mad?”


“You and Justin dated?” He asks, seeming to not have heard a word I just said. I nod to answer his question. I guess Justin never mentioned that to them. Big surprise”note my sarcasm. “We gave him such crap after you left with your mom that day cause we could all tell that he liked you.”


I really don’t know how to respond to that. Should I be flattered?


“You’ve just blown my mind Elli”Montgomery!” He laughs, emphasizing my last name. “I can’t believe I didn’t realize this sooner.”


“So you’re not mad?”


“Naw. I understand why you didn’t say anything.” Joey smiles sweetly, tossing one of his arms over my shoulder. “So you’re famous now, wow. Never would have seen that one coming.”


I shrug beneath his arm. That’s what everyone says. Everyone says that they just can’t believe it because I was so shy. Well to be honest I can’t really believe it either. After Justin….after we broke up something in me changed”I can’t really explain it. I just sort of got angry at the world and didn’t really care anymore. So I started writing songs to release that pain and anger I was feeling. One day my mom found them in my room and asked me about them. She told me they were really good and asked me if I wanted to sing. I just kind of shrugged and said alright. So we got a demo made and sent it out. The rest is history I guess.


“So you’re gonna sing with us right?”


“Joey, I just told you””


“Oh come on, Timberlake is harmless.” He answers. He has no idea what Justin did to me. He wouldn’t be able to understand; no one gets it. “Come on, I’ll protect you.”


“I don’t know…..” I sigh, trailing off. I can’t believe I’m even considering this.


“It’s just one song and I’ll make sure he stays away from you.” Joey pushes. I look up at him and he gives me his puppy eyes and a big pout. Sometimes I really hate him.


“Okay,” I being and he yelps out in excitement. “BUT the first time I feel uncomfortable and want to leave, I’m leaving. No questions asked.”


“Deal woman.” He smiles cheekily grabbing hold of my right hand and shaking so vigorously that my whole body shakes along with my arm. I giggle at how silly his and eventually pry my hand from his. “This is gonna be great!”


Yeah, I get to collaborate with my ex”that’s gonna be wonderful.



TBC......(Sorry this was so short, but I'm writing in between studying for exams so I'm a little imited on time. More will come over my Christmas break--starting this weekend-- so be on the look out.)


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki