Wake Up Call by stimble


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


I wrote this WAY back in my Freshman year of High School...be nice. It was a Challenge entry to East Water Convergence (http://www.eastwaterflorida.com). A site that is based of the the story East Water Convergence, something EVERY ONE should read....it is AMAZING!

P.S. Read my other two stories...they ROCK!
AND reviews are encouraging!




"STOP THAT COW! SHE'S STEALING THE TRAIN!!!!!" A man from the mob chasing after Riley yelled.

"What the hell? I'm not a cow!" She pouted as she suddenly realized that she was on a train, yet she wasn't the only one there, so why was everyone in the mob pointing to her. Glancing around she paid attention to the people surrounding her sitting in their chairs, all reading newspapers, and being seemingly unaware of the angry mob out side chasing them.

"Odd," She took another look around to see if she knew anyone there, or at least try to figure out what was going on. For some reason, every one was dressed in old 20's cloths, the men all wore the same brown/tan suite and the girls all had lush frap dresses. Quickly, she looked down at her cloths and saw she had on a jeans, a Linkin Park shirt, and black Adidas, she definitely did not blend in. Yet, no one seemed to notice, they all just paid attention to their newspapers. Due to her clothing, she began to question if she should go ask some one where she was and what was going on. What if they sent her to the insane asylum?

"I really should. I mean, they wouldn't send me anywhere, I'll just say I am very forgetful. Short-term memory! Yes! That's I'll say, I have short-term memory. Okay, here goes nothing." She got up and walked to the nearest person to her, a man with the same brown suite as every man there. "Ummm, excuse me Sir," She lightly tapped his shoulder, "do you mind if I ask you a question?" He ignored her. "Sir, I am sorry to bother you, but do you mind if I ask you some thing?" Still she retrieved no answer. "Sir, can you please answer me, I need some help."

"What you need is a mussel to stop your yapping." The voice came from behind her and she whipped around at the sound of it. "He can't hear you, no one can." It was a man; he was sitting a top of a seat, where the headrest was, dangling his feet in front of some ones (who was oblivious to the fact he was there) face.

"Who are you?" Her eyes brow's burrowed in thought as she tried to figure out who this man was. No success.

"I'm Jiminy Cricket." He jumped off the seat and walked in front of people, making weird faces.

"Funny, really who are you?" She quickly turned around when he was suddenly behind her.

"I am a lucky leprechaun, from me home land of Ireland! Watch me dance me Irish dance! But no, I cannot dance with out me lucky charms! Where are me lucky charms?" Right before her eyes, like magic, the man quickly shrunk to leprechaun size and began an Irish jig.

"God, what drugs am I on?" With her head in her hands, she slid down into a chair.

"None, you’re just CCCRRRRRAAAAZZZZZYYYYYY!" He yelled into her face, back to normal size.

"Thanks, that makes me feel better."

"No problem."

She looked out side the window and saw that the mob was long gone and the train was traveling through some prairie area. That's what when she remembered, where was she? What was she doing there? And how can she get back home?

"Where am I?"

He looked up from playing Solitaire to answer her. "On a train silly, geez, and people call me stupid." He went back to his game.

"Well yeah obviously a train, but where are we going?"

"I don't know, pick a place." His attention focused on the game.

"Huh?"

"I-Don't-Know-Pick-A-Place...can you understand now?"

"I understood you the first time, but what do you mean pick a place?"

"Humans...what place have you always wanted to visit?"

"Ummm...I don't know...Jupiter."

"Okay, we are going there."

"What?!" She looked out her window and saw the same prairie field.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! They fall for it every time! Gosh, I'm so good." He slapped his knee, laughing at this own…weirdness.

"Yeah, sure you're a riot."

"I know, thank you." He went back to his game and ignored her.

"Hey, what if I want to get home?" He appeared in front of her, and seemed to have a serious face on.

"You look deep inside you heart, deep, deep inside your heart, down to your soul, and you wish with all your might to go back home."

"That's all?"

“Yes...that's all" She tightly closed he eyes and reached deep inside her. Yet some one interrupted her with their laughing. "What's so funny?"

"You fell for it...that was twice in a row!" He was on the floor holding his stomach from laughing to hard.

"Oh you SUCK!"

"Why yes I do, and it tastes like cinnamon." He brought out a candy cane and popped it in his mouth. "Want one?"

"Umm...no, thanks. Now, are you going to tell me what's going on, or am I just stuck her forever on this stupid train with you?!"

"Wow, such hostility! Okay, I'll help you, if you guess my name in less than 5 tries."

"Like the Rumpelstiltzkin."

"Yeah, but you’re not giving me your first born child or any thing like that, I'm just going to help you go home."

"Do the same basic rules apply? Where you can't change your name, or cheat."

"Yeah."

"Okay, lets start!"

"Let's, first guess." He clapped his hand together in eagerness.

"Ummm...Chris?"

"WHOA! How did you get that?!" Bewilderment filled his eyes,

"There's a name tag on your shirt that says; 'Hi my name is Chris, how can I help you?'"

"Dammit, I knew I should've changed my outfit for this game. Fine, alright, you win, I'll help you." He stood up straight and walked behind her.

"Good, now how can I get home?"

"It's very simple actually..."

"Really, well them share with me the simplicity of this."

"Okay” Chris walk back in front of her and placed his hands on both sides of her head. “Wake up."

"Huh?"

"This is a dream dumb dumb!" He pushed himself from the chair and went back to pacing a bit.

"What?"

"This-is-a-dream-dumb-dumb. Well more like you in a comma, you've been out for about a month now. And trust me...you reek!"

"Whoa...well this is shocking."

"Okay how else would you explain people chasing you saying 'STOP THAT COW! SHE'S STEALING THE TRAIN!' me having magic, you being in the 1920s, come on, you honestly didn't think this was real. Also the fact that you couldn't talk to any one but me, Riley, please tell me you knew this was not real."

She was dumbfounded. Duh, this had to be a dream, this wouldn't really happen in real life.

"Riley, are you okay?" Chris snapped his fingers in front of her face, regaining her focus.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay, you seem sad?"

"Yeah, I was just like 'whoa, duh this is a dream'. That's all. So while I'm here, what does this dream mean?"

"Nothing, just don’t do stupid stuff because it lands you in stupid situations." He shrugged and walked up to the front of the train, Riley trudged along.

"Oh, what are we doing up here?"

"Waking you up from your dream."

She found her self now at an edge of a cliff looking down, and Chris with a blank face peering over the edge.

"Long way down, isn't it?" Chris backed away.

"Yeah, it is." Riley’s heart dropped to the floor and her stomach did flips.

"Have fun." Chris lightly patted her back and walked away.

"WHOA! You mean I gotta jump?"

With a sigh, he returned to her side. "Well yeah, how else did you expect to wake up?"

"By you pinching me or some thing!" She said while franticly waving her arms around.

"It's a dream, you wouldn't feel the pinch."

"Well...what if I don't want to wake up?"

"Then you'll die cause you need water and food, plus you have to use the bathroom some time. Also, you'll smell cause you wouldn't have taken a shower."

"But-"

"You have no real reason to want to stay in dream land."

"I do."

"What?" Chris gave ‘a look’, one she felt that she was all to familiar with.

Riley’s voice was soft and timid. "I don't want to face the real world."

"But the real world is where real stuff happens, not figments of imagination."

"Oh what do you know?"

"A lot, I am created by your mind and this is actually you talking to your self." He crossed his arms over his chest, still with ‘that look’.

"Great." With her head in her hands she took deeps breaths

"Come on, you have to venture back out to the world." In a comforting manner he rubbed her back.

"But it's painful, cruel, rude, mean, horrible...it's just so horrible." Slow tears escaped from her sprit broken eyes.

"Riley, what fun is a roller coaster with it it's drops. Every thing bad in the world make the good thing 10 times better. The sweet isn't as sweet with out the sour. Riley, every one misses you, they want you back with them, don't let them down."

"But they let me down a lot." In a single motion, as if she has had years of experience, she whipped away her tears.

"They aren't letting you down, you’re letting your self down by expecting to much of them. Relax and enjoy their company.... You know, he really misses you, a lot."

Memories flooded back...Chris, this is who this man is, her boyfriend Chris. Even though he was the reason she took all those pills that left her in a comma, she knew it wasn't his fault; it was hers for expecting too much of him.

"Chris..."

"Yes, Chris, I'm modeled after him, you miss him, he misses you. Come on its time to go back."

"But I-"

"Yes you can, I believe in you, Chris believes in you. Come on."

They slowly walked back to the cliff and looked over.

"It's a lot harder if you look, just jump and get it over with."

"Okay..."

"I'll count to three and I'll give you a push. Ready?"

"No" She tried to back away.

"One." He edged her closer.

"No" She fought back.

"Two" If he waited to three, she would've back away, so he pushed her on two.

She held her breath and held on tight to her self, every thing just flew by fast and she couldn't even tell what was going on. But she did notice the ground coming closer, and closer, and closer...

A faint voice was heard...Chris?

"Open your eyes."




A Poetic Retelling Of An Unfortunate Seduction-Life
Was nominated !
I've Been Nominated at Silent Tragedy Awards! Vote for me! Click here!
Best Incomplete & Best New Author


READ MY OTHER STORY (A Perfect Sonnet) AND VOTE FOR IT!!!!!!

I've Been Nominated at Cosmic Pop Awards! Vote for me! Click here!
For Best Angst & Best Screen Play

I've Been Nominated at Silent Tragedy Awards! Vote for me! Click here!
Best Short, Best Song Based, Best Title, Best Justin, Best Character (Kristen), & Best New Author

PLEASE! I'll love you forever!


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki