I Thought She Knew by rubberducks


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Making up with JC was easier said than done. Rachel found herself standing on JC’s front step, wringing her hands. She had a key, but with the way things were, she definitely didn’t feel comfortable using it. She waited patiently for JC to answer the door.
“Rachel?”
She looked up when he said her name. It sounded so beautiful and sensual coming from his lips. “H”hi…I was hoping we could talk.”
JC had been planning on telling her that she couldn’t decide everything about the relationship”she couldn’t call all of the shots. But here he was, letting her in to his house. Who was he kidding? He just wanted to talk to her. If she’d said she was in China, he’d fly to China.
“What’s up?” JC asked, sitting next to her on the couch.
Rachel looked down on her hands. “First, I’m sorry. I should have talked to you about what I was feeling, and I shut you out.” She took a deep breath. “I’m sorry for what I said. Touring is part of your job”a job you love. And I love that you’re so passionate about your job.”
JC nodded. “Thank you.”
“And I love you, I trust you…with all of me. I trust you 140%. I don’t think you’ll do anything to hurt me. That was just me letting my mother get to me.”
JC’s head snapped in Rachel’s direction. “What? What did your mother say?”
“Basically everything I did that night. I let her plant the seeds in my head. But don’t worry,” Rachel reassured him. “Lesson learned.”
That didn’t reassure JC, but if they talked about everything, they should be fine. “Apology accepted. And as along as we talk, we’re all set. Ok?”
Rachel smiled. “Ok.”

Later that night, JC played with Rachel’s fingers. “What are you thinking?” He asked.
“That I’m going to have to get up early tomorrow to get home to change and go to work.”
JC laughed. “You mean today?”
Rachel looked at the clock. “Yep, today.”
“You know,” JC began. “You could always leave some stuff here.”
Rachel smiled. “But what if I need something at home?”
“Or you could just leave all of your stuff here?”
She rolled over so she could look at JC. “Are you serious?”
“Serious about what? That I want to see you every morning when I wake up? That I want your shampoo in the shower? That I want your rabbit food in the fridge? That I want your mother calling here, looking for you?” JC paused. “Dead serious.”
Rachel kissed him. “Jayce, I love you, and there’s nothing I’d like more than to move in with you, but now’s not the time.”
JC’s smile faded. “What?”
“Honey, you’re leaving. How can I live with you if your not home?” Rachel slapped her hand over her mouth. “I didn’t mean that.”
JC laughed. “Yeah you did, but the tone wasn’t malicious, so we’re good.”
Rachel joined in the laughter. “You’re right. But you do get it, right?”
JC nodded. “But it will happen one day, right?” He asked.
She confirmed. “Yes, it will.”

The two spent the rest of the night talking, sometimes about deep, meaningful things, other times about nothing important. They just enjoyed each other’s company. Rachel didn’t realize JC saw them at the moving in stage, and was glad that had come up, so they were on the same page. She really could imagine herself living with JC”forever. And his beautifully painted picture didn’t hurt. But before they got too far along, she needed to talk to him about several issues that could drag their relationship down: intermarriage and raising the kids Jewish. She knew that JC wasn’t religious, so she didn’t think it was a problem.
Her mother, though, would think it was a huge problem. And as much as Rachel denied it, her parents held great influence in her world. Her father loved JC, but her mother…if her mother didn’t approve, would she marry JC anyways? Would she be able to go against her mother’s wishes? She loved JC, and knew he was something special. He was someone she could love for the rest of her life, but if her mother got into her head so easily once, no one said she couldn’t do it again.
‘Slow down’, Rachel told herself. ‘He hasn’t even proposed yet!’ And with that, she fell into a deep sleep.

JC woke up during the night and watched Rachel sleep. He hated fighting, especially with Rachel. And it scared him; it was a reminder that he really could loose her. And this was the one woman he would fight for for the rest of his life. Deciding he would sleep while he could, JC sighed with contentment.

“So how many kids are we going to have?” JC asked as he watched the eggs in the frying pan. He was determined to cook Rachel something, even if it killed him.
Rachel smiled and swung her legs as she sat on the counter. “I’ve always wanted a big family. You know, kids running around, an older brother looking out for the younger sister, big family gatherings…”
JC poured the eggs onto two dishes and approached Rachel. He placed the eggs on the counter beside her, before wrapping his arms around her. “Rach, I’m going to ask you a question, and I need you to be honest, ok?” At her nod, he continued. “I’m not proposing now or anything, but you do see us heading in that direction, right?”
She kissed JC softly. “I do…” She laughed at the phrasing.
JC paused. “Oh man, I sound like some sappy soap opera, don’t I?”
“But you’re my sappy soap opera, so it’s ok.” Rachel glanced at the clock. “Crap, Jayce, I have to go.”
“Don’t go, stay with me!” JC whined. “I don’t have to be in ‘till 11.” He pouted. “Please?”

Rachel had been late to work that day, arriving at the office at 11:30. “That’s the last time I let that boy use the pout on me.” Rachel smiled though, thinking about her morning. The phone ringing brought her from her reverie.
“Good morning, this is Rachel Levine.”
“Hey honey!”
“Dad!”
“Did you talk to JC?”
Rachel blushed; they did a lot more than talk, but that wasn’t for her father’s ears. “Yes, we did. And we worked everything out.”
“That’s really good to hear. I’m not going to lie, I was a little worried.”
“No need to worry, we’re fine.”
“Fine?” George knew his daughter well.
“Fine…he wants to marry me Daddy.”
“What?”
Rachel smiled. “He didn’t propose or anything, but we talked about where we see ourselves going, so…yeah.”
“How long have you guys been dating?”
“Almost 6 months…about 5 ½.”
“Rachel, I knew your mother for over a year before I proposed.”
“Yeah, but Michelle’s parents dated for three months before they proposed. Time doesn’t have anything to do with it.”
George smiled. “I’m happy for you Rach.”
“I’m happy too.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki