I Thought She Knew by rubberducks


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


“Guys, really, all I want to do is go home, order in food, and watch a movie.” JC told his band mates as they cleaned up for the day.
“But dude, today was your 9 month”“
“I know Joey. But there’s nothing to celebrate, so why make a big deal out of it?” JC questioned. He knew his friends were just looking out for him, but it was getting a bit annoying.
“Are you sure?” Justin asked.
“Yes.” JC reassured them. “I’m gonna head out, but I’ll see you guys tomorrow.”
JC walked out to his car and headed towards Rachel’s parents’ house. Little did the guys know that he had decided that he couldn’t live without Rachel. And he couldn’t just be her friend. He needed all of her. JC smiled as he began to hum “All or Nothing” by O-Town. JC wasn’t going to settle for anything less than Rachel being his girlfriend, then his fiancé, and finally his wife. Now how was he going to get her parents to accept that? He had no idea, but he knew he needed to come up with a plan.

“George, is anyone you know supposed to be coming by today?”
“No, why?” George had been very unhappy with his wife recently. Was this just a way to get him to talk to her?
“There’s a jeep in the driveway.”
“The only person I know that has a jeep is…” Was it him?
“They just knocked on the door! Should I open it?”
“Of course you should open it!”
“Hi Evelyn…” George recognized that voice immediately. He rose and left his office to stop what might be WWIII.
“JC!” George welcomed the young man with a handshake. “What are you doing here?”
“Rachel’s not here.” Evelyn said curtly.
“I’m not looking for Rachel. I wanted to talk to you.”
“Why don’t we sit in the living room?” George suggested.
Once the three were seated, JC began. “I love Rachel.”
“We know.” George said.
“Why won’t you let her be happy?” JC asked Evelyn.
“I don’t know.”
“Yes, you do.” George told her. “And you said you would never do that to your daughter, and here you are. You were lucky; Roger wasn’t the one you were supposed to end up with. JC is the one for Rachel.”
Evelyn took a deep breath. “The first man I fell in love with was Roger, and he wasn’t Jewish. I was young”19. And my parents forbade me to see him. I listened. He wasn’t good enough because he wasn’t Jewish.”
“So I’m not good enough for Rachel because I’m not Jewish? Even though I love her more than I thought I could love anyone?”
Evelyn remained silent. “George” JC turned his attention to the man he hoped would be able to convince Evelyn he was good enough. “You don’t think that’s true, right?”
George shook his head. “No, I told Rachel this: I think you two will be very happy together.”
JC smiled. Not only did he have an ally, George said ‘will be’; he thought they still would end up together.
“Evelyn,” George took her hand. “This boy would do anything for Rach, how can he not be good enough?”
They heard a sniffle. Evelyn was cracking. “Before Rachel dumped me, I was thinking of converting.” Two heads snapped in his direction. “Seriously, her religion means so much to her, and it was causing problems. I would have happily done it if it meant that Rachel and I could be together.”
Evelyn wiped tears away. “Really? You love her that much?”
JC smiled. “I love her that much.”
She thought for a moment. The boy was willing to convert. Not only willing, ready. He wanted to be apart of Rachel’s life so much, how could it be wrong? He loved her, and she him. And it occurred to Evelyn; they were perfect for each other. She was not going to be her mother, and she was going to make sure Rachel was happy. “If you hurt her, I swear that Mike and George will hunt you down…”
His eyes widened. “Does that mean I have your blessing?”
She nodded. “I think we need to call Mike.”
“Mike?” JC questioned.
“Rachel’s over there for dinner.”
“Call Mike.”

“Mike, why are we at mom and dad’s?” Rachel asked as they got out of his car.
“Because, they have a surprise.” George had filled him in over the phone, and Mike had practically carried Rachel out to the car. He was upset when they broke up, and he saw this as their chance to live happily ever after.
“What surprise can be good enough to interrupt an Austin Powers marathon with pizza?” Mike laughed at her comment.
“Me.” Rachel’s eyes widened and she turned around slowly. There was JC, standing in her parents’ doorway. That meant one of two things; JC and her mother had come to an agreement, or he had killed her. Rachel was hoping for the first, but either option sounded appealing at the moment, because she’d be able to be with JC.
“You?” Rachel asked, walking over to him. He took her hand and kissed it.
“Me.” JC waved over his shoulder as he pulled Rachel around to the backyard. “Thanks for bringing her Mike.”
“No problem!” Mike headed inside to wait with his parents.
“Jayce, what are you doing here?”
“What do you think?” He asked as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.
“You either killed my mother or came to an agreement with her.”
“If the first one’s true, we can use that prison situation we talked about.” Rachel giggled at the memory. JC missed her laugh. “But either way you can come back to me.”
Rachel stopped walking, causing JC to stumble backwards, her eyes wide. “You mean, you…she…”
“Yep, she gave me her blessing.”
“You’re joking!”
“No way!” JC laughed. Rachel flung herself into his arms and kissed him with everything in her. After a few minutes, she broke away.
“Jayce, I’m so sorry about the way I acted. I should have been honest with you, and with myself. It won’t happen again, I promise.”
JC kissed her again. “I forgive you.” He sat down on the ground and dragged Rachel down with him. “I don’t think your mom’s still not crazy about the fact that I’m not Jewish, but I have an idea on how to change that.”
“What’s that?” Rachel asked as she traced his cheek.
“I’m converting.”
“What?” Rachel leaned backed and looked at the man she almost walked away from.
“I’m converting.”
“What will your parents think? Your fans? The guys?”
“I talked to my parents and the guys; they’re cool, as long as it makes me happy. And it does. If it makes you happy, it makes me happy.”
“You’d do that for me?” Rachel asked, getting teary eyed.
“Of course. I love you.”
“I love you too.” Rachel kissed him and pulled away breathless. “I really am sorry.”
“I know baby.”
Rachel kissed him again. “You’re quite the guy, you know that?”
JC nodded. “You bet.” He kissed her again. And this time, he knew she felt everything he was trying to convey: his excitement for their future, his love. She knew.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki