I Thought She Knew by rubberducks


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The next week flew by; Rachel and JC had both been busy, so they had very little time for each other. They managed to talk every day on the phone, though. Before JC knew it, he was on his way to pick Rachel up to bring her to Justin’s. Normally, JC was nervous when the guys met his girlfriend, but not this time. He was absolutely positive they would love Rachel.
“Hey Rach!” JC opened the screen door and let himself into her house. “You ready?”
Rachel nodded. She grabbed her bag and a sponge cake she had cooked and headed towards the car with JC.
Once they were settled, Rachel’s nerves started acting up. “What if they don’t like me?”
JC laughed. “They’re going to love you. I promise.”
“Promises aren’t made to be broken!”
JC smiled and rested his hand on her knee. “I don’t plan on breaking this one.”

JC took Rachel’s hand and pulled her around the back of the house. “Come on, silly, everyone is going to love you.” JC reached Justin and Joey. “Guys, this is my girlfriend, Rachel. Rach, this is Justin and Joey.”
Rachel’s eyes widened for a moment before she recovered. “It’s nice to meet you.” She was immediately pulled into a hug by Joey, which was followed by Justin. “You guys are a friendly bunch!”
“Honey,” Justin slung his arm around her shoulder and directed her towards the others, “You have no idea.”
Joey slapped JC on the back. “You sure know how to find ‘em.”
JC laughed. “Whatever you say.”
“She looked like she saw stars or something when you introduced her, though.”
JC smiled sheepishly. “We’ve never talked about the boyfriend/girlfriend thing before…we’ve just said we’re dating.”
“Wow, she must be real special to not want to whoop your ass after that.”
JC shrugged. “I want her to be, though. It’ll give her something to think about.” He walked towards the others shouting, “Guys, you better be treating Rachel right!”
Rachel giggled as JC wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and kissed her neck. “They’re being fine. I promise.”
“Promises aren’t made to be broken!” JC threw Rachel’s earlier words back at her.
“I don’t think you’ll have to worry about that.”

Rachel climbed out of the pool and wrapped her towel around her waist. She plopped down onto a lawn chair and yawned. “Tired?” Kali asked.
“Yeah, I forget how much the sun takes out of you.”
Kali laughed and sat down on the chair next to Rachel. “Mon, come girl talk with us!” Kali turned her attention back to Rachel. “So how long have you and Jayce been dating?”
“Two weeks…” Rachel frowned. She couldn’t really remember.
“What? He can’t be that bad of a kisser!” Kali said.
Rachel laughed. “Not at all…”
“What’s up guys?” Monica asked as she sat down on the other side of Rachel.
“We want girl talk!” Kali declared. “Enough testosterone for right now!”
“So what do you do again?” Monica asked Rachel, getting comfortable.
“I collect donations for Habitat for Humanity. What about you two?”
“I’m a banker.” Monica answered.
“I’m a teacher.”
“That’s why she can handle Chris so well.” Monica pointed out.
Rachel laughed. “If you think Chris is bad, you need to meet my brother. He’s 10 times worse!”

“So what do you guys think?” JC asked, leaning against the wall of the pool.
“About Rachel?” At JC’s nod, Lance continued. “I like her; she’s good for you Jayce.”
“Definitely,” Justin agreed. “She’s awesome.”
“I know Kali likes her.” Chris added.
“She’s hot.” Joey stated simply.
“I think what Joey means is that she’s not only pretty, but smart.” Justin said.
“Yeah.” JC smiled dreamily.
“He’s gone.” Lance whispered under his breath.
“So what now Jayce?” Joey asked. “Are you going to go all domestic on us?”
“Me? Domestic? No way!”
“You’d be surprised.” Justin said. He knew that if JC found the right girl, he’d do whatever he could for her.
“But you guys really like her?”
“Yes, we do.” Lance said.

“What are they talking about?” Rachel asked.
“The guys? You.” Kali answered.
“Really?”
“Yeah.” Monica said. “Don’t be nervous; they always do it. It’s like they need each other’s approval to date someone. It’s kind of cute.”
Rachel laughed. “As long as they’re saying good things.”
“Oh, they are.” Kali said.

“Rach, come back in the pool!” JC whined from the pool, resting his forearms on the deck.
“I’m good thanks.” Rachel smiled and closed her eyes.
“Rachel…”
“Watch how the master does it.” Chris murmured.
“Be my guest.”
“Kali, why don’t you come in the pool?” Chris asked, trying a different approach.
“No thanks.” Kali rolled over onto her back.
Chris sighed and pulled himself out of the pool. He walked over to Kali and scooped her up in his arms. “Christopher, you better put me down!”
“No thanks.” Chris imitated Kali’s words. Effortlessly, he dropped her into the water.
Kali surfaced to see Chris laughing, supporting himself on a beach chair. “You are in so much trouble!” Kali screamed. She began moving towards the stairs in the pool, hoping to catch Chris while he was still recovering from his laughter.
Rachel had been too busy looking at Kali and Chris to notice that JC had snuck up behind her. “Gotcha ya!”
JC grabbed Rachel around the waist and picked her up. “Jayce, put me down!”
“I don’t think so!”
“Jayce!”
“He learns fast.” Chris had finally calmed down.
JC placed Rachel down on the edge of the pool. “You wanna go for a swim?”
“No way! Not with you!”
JC laughed. “Too bad.” JC pushed Rachel in, but she still had both hands on his wrists. The two toppled into the pool.
JC surfaced to see Rachel trying to hide her smile. “You suck.” She turned to walk away, trying to salvage some of her dignity. JC grabbed her around the waist.
“You’re not going anywhere.”
“Really?” She allowed him to turn her around, her eyebrows raised. “What am I doing then?”
JC tucked a strand of hair behind Rachel’s ear then leaned in close. “Kissing me.”
Rachel didn’t have time to respond; JC’s lips were on hers faster than lightening. Not that she was protesting”JC was a very good kisser.
After a few minutes of noticing only JC’s lips, Rachel heard cat calls. “Get a room you two!”
Rachel rested her head against JC’s chest, laughing. He rested his chin on top of her head, and joined in her laughing.

JC walked Rachel to her door. She unlocked the front door and leaned against the wall. “I really like your friends Jayce.”
“I’m glad. They like you too.”
“Good.” Rachel glanced down. She knew she needed to ask him. “When you introduced me as your girlfriend…” JC’s heartbeat sped up. “Did you really mean it?”
JC laughed. “Of course…does that mean I can call you that…with your consent I mean?”
“Yes…” Rachel laughed and kissed him quickly. “I’m sorry about having to ask…I’m not that experienced in the dating field.”
“Don’t be sorry Rach.” JC paused. “Wait, you don’t date?”
“Not exactly…I date, but nothing major. I’ve only had a few boyfriends.”
JC kissed Rachel softly. “That doesn’t matter to me.”
“It doesn’t matter to me either.” Rachel whispered. She lost herself in the feeling of JC’s lips, completely happy.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki