Let me love you by Lizzy3218


Number of reviews: 25
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Yeah yeah... I know i'm a horrible person for leavin y'all hangin like that so I'm sorry. This chapter's kinda long so hopefully y'all make it through. Reviews are always welcomed... thank you.

Five bodies sprawled out on the  floor of the waiting room trying to get some rest. 4 hours 59 minutes and 22 seconds, that’s how long they have been waiting to hear any good news, or any news period.

While everyone slept, or tired to sleep, Justin wandered around the hospital. His thoughts were all over the place, but they were mainly on Elizabeth. He didn’t know what had triggered her sudden heart problem and the doctors were no help. He should be used to this. He should be used to being in the emergency room at four in the morning. He should be used to wondering whether his best friend was going to live through the night. And he should definitely be used to holding her lifeless body in his arms. This wasn’t the first time, the second, or even the third time Liz had almost died in his arms.

Holding back the tears that wanted so desperately to escape, Justin stepped into the dimly lit chapel of the hospital and sat down in the back pew. Getting on his knees, he lifted his eyes to the cross at the front of the room. He didn’t make an effort to pray very often and he always scolded himself for it, but this occasion called for it. Elizabeth could not leave him again.

“Dear Lord, I…ahem… I’m not very good at this and I usually over analyze something as easy as praying, so I’ll just let my heart do the talking for me. Father, you have blessed me tremendously my whole life. You’ve given me the most loving family anyone could ask for, my friends are loving and loyal to a fault, and I have been living comfortably and securely since age 17. On top of all that you have given me a young woman who has been through almost everything with me. I couldn’t begin to tell you how much I love you for sending her to me God. She’s so beautiful, sweet, funny, and everything else I could ever want in a woman. I don’t… know how I survived 6 years without her. She’s my sunshine Lord. She puts a smile to my face just by entering a room. I can’t lose her again God. You know how much heartache I’ve been through ever since she’s been sick. She went through so much pain in France, pain that I wasn’t able to help her through but I want to help her now. Please don’t take her away from me again. I’m meant to be with her, I know it. I need her in my life Father and you know that. She has to be ok, she has suffered so much and I just want her to smile again. I want her to laugh like she doesn’t have a care in the world and I want her to be happy, heart, mind, body, and soul. Give me another chance to make her happy. She has made me happy for so many years so please let me return the favor. Let me love her the way she needs to be loved, the way she deserves to be loved… In Jesus name I pray, amen.”

Justin wiped away the numerous tears that had fallen during his prayer. When he moved to get up he stopped as he felt a light breeze wash over him and send a chill down his spine. He closed his eyes as a peaceful calm came over him.

“Justin, she’s awake, let’s go man.” Justin turned around at the voice and he saw Chris at door struggling to breathe. He glanced back at the cross and a grateful smile graced his lips. “Thank you,” he whispered before following Chris out the door and jogging to the emergency room.

“Make this quick everyone. Ms. Ryans is quite tired and she needs her rest, it was a battle for her to come back so please make sure everything is kept short. You can come see her during visitor hours tomorrow.” Dr. Reynolds explained to everyone.

Justin lagged behind as everyone hurried for Liz’s room. JC noticed his hesitancy and confronted him about it.

“She’s going to be fine J. Why are you so afraid to see her?”

“Because… do you realize how much this has happened since the moment she was born? She never asked for any of this Josh. I mean can’t the girl get a break? Every time things are going well, something like this happens. And don’t try to deny it cause you’ve been there through almost everything. When is it gonna stop? When is she gonna be free from all this?” Justin asked tears trickling down his face. He hated crying but he couldn’t help it. His emotions were so messed up that he couldn’t control them.

JC looked at his long time friend and noticed just how much his heart was breaking. Sure all of their hearts were pounding with worry but Justin was different… Liz was his life.

“She’s fine buddy. And I know you’re gonna come back with something like “she won’t be fine for long” but you have to keep a positive attitude about this. You two were brought together for a reason. Why you were separated, I don’t know but I don’t think God would permanently take Liz away from you, He’s not hat cruel so just see her… I’m sure she’s dying to see you too.” With that JC walked towards the room everyone had entered.

Justin sighed heavily. JC was right but he didn’t know what to do. He didn’t know how to face Liz. He had a gut feeling that whatever triggered her heart attack had to do with France. He wasn’t positive but his gut knew it was true. He didn’t know what to say to her yet. If Elizabeth didn’t resolve her problems about France, something like this could happen again, and this time she might not get a miracle.

“She wants to see you J,” Lynn said as she hugged her son tightly. She knew the emotional turmoil he was going through and she felt bad for not being able to help him. The only person that could help him is the woman that was lying in a hospital bed.

Without a word Justin headed towards Elizabeth’s hospital room but paused when his emotions almost got the best of him. He looked back at the guys and his mom who gave him encouraging looks helping him make his way inside. He found Elizabeth sprawled out comfortably on her hospital bed laughing at something on the screen.

“Spongebob Square pants!!” yelled the television. Justin shook his head while a small smile played on his lips.

“You and sponge bob should be kept far away from each other Val.” He said as he stepped into her field of vision. She turned her head to give him the most brilliant smile he had ever seen out of her. Her skin didn’t have the pale color they had taken to earlier that night, her lips were back to their vibrant pink color, her smile was bright enough to light up the room, and her eyes were sparkling like the fourth of July. This was definitely new. Whenever Elizabeth had a serious episode, she was left crying or she refused to talk to anyone, but she was happy.

“Don’t diss sponge bob J. Just cause you ain’t as cool as he is doesn’t mean nothin.” She relied.

Whoa! What is going on here? Where did all this come from?

“You alright Val?”

“I really wish I knew why you call me that, but yeah, I’m perfect. The doctors said that I can leave as soon as 24 hours is up. They just want to make sure I’m completely ok. Don’t worry Blue, I’m good.” She reassured. Justin of course didn’t believe it.

“You scared the shit out of me… again.” He said.

Elizabeth chuckled and motioned for him to sit down. She grabbed his hand, rubbing the backs of it.

“I know… I seem to have a habit of doing that. I don’t know what went wrong but I think forgetting to take my meds had a lot to do with it.” Elizabeth confessed. She knew that the little bit of news was going to upset Justin so she prepared herself.

“ELIZABETH NATALIE WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?” Justin shouted getting up from his spot on the chair.

“Shhh… calm down before somebody hears you Justin. I wasn’t thinking. I was too emotional to think after our little talk and I just forgot. My body kind of rejected my heart without the medicine’s help and the dream I had didn’t help either.”

Justin sat back down and grabbed the hand that was still holding on to his. “What was the dream about?”

“Actually it was more like a flashback. It’s something that’s happened and I don’t think about it much but when I do it causes things like this to happen. That’s one of the reasons why I almost died.”

Justin rubbed her hand as he looked into her eyes. He could tell just the mention of the dream was getting her worked up so he changed the subject.

“Chris and the guys said that they’re permanently moving into my house cause I’m not taking proper care of their honey bun. I find that personally insulting and just cause half of them don’t have lives don’t mean they gotta be all up in my business AND my house.” Justin said with a pout.

Elizabeth laughed at his expression and patted his hand. “It’s only C, Lance, and Chris.”

“Plus Trace.”

“Trace was already living there J.”

“I know but that’s too much testosterone in one damn house. Aren’t you gonna feel suffocated?” Justin asked, the pout still present.

“Haha… that’s funny Justin. I’ve known you and Trace all my life. I was raised by four men, and I’ve known the guys for as long as you’ve known them. The only constant female figure in my life is your mom, so don’t even try to tell me about too much testosterone.” Elizabeth replied with a laugh.

Justin smiled cause everything she said was true. Elizabeth had constant male figures in her life, but he still didn’t like the fact that half of the guys were going to camp out at his house.

“I’m sorry, visiting hours are over Mr. Timberlake but you can come back tomorrow and see her.” The nurse said politely as she made her way into the room.

Justin sighed. He didn’t want to leave her so soon. It would have been nice to spend some more time with her. He wasn’t sure he was even gonna be able to sleep.

“Go home Justin, we’ll talk when I get back, Lord knows we have a lot to talk about. Get some sleep.” Elizabeth says sternly.

Justin nodded his head and leaned over to place a soft lingering kiss on her soft cheek.

“I’ll see you tomorrow k?” Justin said as he headed for the door.

“Ok… and Spazz?”

Justin smiled at the nickname. “Yeah Val?”

“Let one of the guys drive you and Trace home ok. I don’t think either of you should be driving.” She said seriously. Justin nodded his head and winked at her before slipping out the door.

Everything was going to be ok.

*^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^^*

~Two weeks later~

“GUYS FOR THE LAST TIME… I’M FINE. Damn, can’t a girl get some peace around here?” Elizabeth shouted. She was now regretting the day she agreed to have the five of them under one roof with her. Actually Lance wasn’t all that bad, it was the other four that were driving her crazy. Lucky for her she was going to her first day as co-owner and manager at Justin’s restaurant. They had even gotten into an argument about that.

“We’re just concerned about you sweet cakes. Don’t be mad,” Chris whined.

“Yeah Liz. We’re sorry, we’re just trying to look out for you.” JC agreed.

Elizabeth looked at their pathetic faces and her angered simmered away. She couldn’t blame them for worrying about her, she was lucky to have such caring friends but sometimes you just had to draw the line.

“I know that y’all but this is too much. You don’t have to feel the need to call an ambulance every time I wince when I reach for something. The doctor never said any of this was going to be easy but I’ve done everything he said and y’all know that’s a first for me. I usually don’t give a damn about what the doctor says but I’m not rebelling anymore. I’m feeling fine. I feel great but y’all are putting a damper on my mood by patronizing me.” Elizabeth finished with a sad pout.

Justin stood up and went to her side. “I told you having all these men under one roof would be too much for you, it’s almost too much for me.”

“Don’t even pretend to be innocent in all this Timberlake. You’re the worst one out of the bunch.” Elizabeth accused while pointing a finger in his chest.

Justin swatted her finger away and crossed his arms defensively. “How do you figure that?”

“Hmmm, I don’t know. Could it have been the fact that you installed a sound detector in my room without my knowledge? No, it couldn’t have been that. Could it be the fact that you haven’t allowed me a decent night of sleep without interrupting it to ask if I was ok? No, of course it wasn’t that. OR could it be the fact that you won’t let me start WORK?” Elizabeth hissed.

The guys backed away from her, seeing the fire in her eyes. Elizabeth wasn’t a violent prone person but if driven to it, she could act like a mad woman.

“Calm down Val, it wasn’t that bad. You’re being dramatic again,” Justin said.

Elizabeth snorted and walked into the kitchen to pour herself a glass of apple juice. “Me? Dramatic? Justin, you define drama. As a matter of fact if we looked up drama in the dictionary right now, I’m sure you’re dramatic grin would be staring us in the face.” Elizabeth spat sarcastically.

The guys broke into giggles but Justin just glared at them before turning his attention back to Elizabeth. He hadn’t seen her this feisty in forever and egging her on was fun again.

“Yeah, well if you look up the word stupid in the dictionary, I’m sure you’re stupid face would be staring us in the face.” Justin stuck out his tongue for good measure.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes, grabbed her purse and came back into the family area.

“You know, you used to be good at all this bickering. What happened to all mighty Timberlake? Cause that come back sucked.” she replied with a giggle.

“Yeah… well… well… you’re face.” Justin said immaturely. The guys broke into fits of laughter at his immature behavior but he didn’t find it very funny.

Elizabeth cleared her throat, getting everyone’s attention. “Lance, can you please drive me to work?”

“Wait, why can’t I drive you to work?” Justin said with another pout.

“Because you’d probably try to force two layers of seat belts on me and end up choking me in the process. I’m not taking the risk. Lance will do just fine thank you.”

“Yeah I’ll drive you to work hunny bun,” Lance said while heading for the door with Justin’s keys.

“Where the hell do you think you’re taking my car?”

“He’s taking me to work smart one. Unless you want me driving a car on my own. I wouldn’t mind driving off the highway.” Elizabeth pointed out.

Justin sighed, running his hands through his hair. “Fine but hurry back Lance. I know how long it takes to get to Chi so don’t go on some detour with my car. And Liz please don’t work…”

“Damnit Justin. I’ve heard this speech for the past two weeks. I can probably recite it word for word and gesture for gesture right now. I will be VERY careful and I’ll call you every five minutes to let you know that I’m still alive.” Elizabeth responded sarcastically.

Justin rolled his eyes and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. The other guys, except Lance, followed his lead.

“We’ll see you later sweet cakes.” JC said.

“What makes you think I’m coming back?” She muttered quietly.

“What was that Liz?”

“Oh nothing daddy Joshua, nothing at all. Y’all behave now.” Elizabeth said with a grin and wink before she walked out the door followed by Lance.

“I’m sorry about their behavior Liz. I know we were all worried but I would have committed suicide by now. Why are you still alive?” Lance asked with sarcasm. They were caught up in the “barely moving” highway traffic so they had time to chat.

“I was seriously contemplating it but I didn’t want to leave your poor soul here unattended. That’s like abandoning your child in the desert, it’s something you just don’t do.” Elizabeth responded.

Lance chuckled with a shake of his head. “I’m pretty sure I would join you, and gladly die by your side. Say, there’s this really great cliff… I heard some people have put it to good use.” He replied and laughed when he saw her shocked expression.

“James Lance Bass, that is not something to kid about but it is kinda funny. Wow, we shouldn’t be talking about death like this. I don’t blame them for being scared, they’ve seen me in that position so many times that I would have gone insane by now but damn. Do they have to watch my every step. They act like they’re walking on egg shells around me, especially Justin and Trace.”

“Liz, you gotta understand that they were there when you almost died. Justin told us he was holding you when you suddenly collapsed and stopped breathing. That’s the fourth time he’s held you in his arms and thought you died. Do you know what that does to him?” Lance explained.

Elizabeth sighed and looked out the window. “I know…” she said, trailing off.

Lance immediately realized his mistake. “I’m sorry babe, I didn’t mean to upset you… it’s just that I know where they’re coming from cause I’m in their position. The only reason I don’t drive you crazy is cause I know you went through more shit than we can comprehend. The pain you went through is nothing compared to what we went through. They’re just morons who can’t see that right now, but at least their hearts are in the right place.”

He pulled into the private parking lot of Chi. Elizabeth was off in her own world pondering God knows what but Lance didn’t interrupt her.

“Do you wish you had never met me?” She asked abruptly. Lance eyed her in shock. She couldn’t be serious.

“Elizabeth Natalie, why would you ask me something like that?” Lance asked, tears stinging his eyes.

“I just… I feel like I’ve been more of a burden to y’all than a blessing. I’m always being hospitalized, y’all are always worrying about me, and I’ve never fully recovered from anything. Wouldn’t your life be easier without all this stress and drama?”

“First of all you’re not a burden, secondly, yes we worry a lot but I wouldn’t trade that for anything. I wouldn’t opt to have you out of my life just cause I’m worried about you. We were all brought together for a reason and I will believe that to my dying day. You’ve been there for me through everything Liz, I wouldn’t trade you in for anything in the world. Well… that’s not entirely true. A night with Beyonce wouldn’t exactly hurt.” Lance said with a playful smile.

Elizabeth playfully hit his arm but broke into laughter when he wiggled his eyes at her.

“All I’m saying is, you’re an essential in my life and in everyone else that you hold dear. Don’t ever forget that we love you Liza.” Lance continued and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Thanks Lancey Pancey,” she replied.

Lance chuckled at the nickname he hadn’t heard in years. “You’re welcome hunny bun,” her replied.

“I really wish you would stop calling me that.”

“I really wish you would stop calling be Lancey Pancey but we can’t all get what we want now can we?”

Elizabeth stepped out the car with a roll of her eyes. She gave him a small wave before she headed into unfamiliar territory.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

~2 HOURS LATER~

Elizabeth was enjoying the peace and quiet. She had no idea Justin’s restaurant would be this busy. There was so much unfinished paper work to do, but she was glad. She finally had something to focus her attention on. She had thought a lot about what Lance said to her in the car and realized he was right. The guys were her life and she was a big part of theirs so she couldn’t blame them for being over protective. Being over protected by men is something that she had never gotten used to though. Even though her brothers and father always tried to protect her, their protection wasn’t enough to save her heart from being broken multiple times.

“I guess that’s just life.” She whispered to herself. Her thoughts were interrupted when her phone rang.

“Hello?” she answered.

“You and me baby ain’t nothing but mammals so let’s do it like they do on the discovery channel.”

Someone sang into the phone. Elizabeth pulled the phone away from her ear and eyed it suspiciously when the person on the other end hung up. She shrugged off the obscene phone call and went back to the stack of papers in front of her. The phone rang again.

“Damnit, hello?”

“oooh baby I want your bod. I am so hot and feverish for you right now… oh it’s driving me crazy. How bout you come to my place, I’ll pour some chocolate syrup on you and lick.”

The phone line went dead again. Who the hell would be sending her obscene phone calls in the middle of the day. Damn, people can be so desperate sometimes. When the phone rang for the third time Elizabeth had lost her patience.

“Ok if this is some kind of sick joke, it has to stop. Who are you and why are you breathing like you’re having sex.”

“Maybe I wanna have wild monkey sex with you. What do you think sugar?”

Elizabeth’s ears perked up when she heard laughter in the background. She recognized the voice speaking nonsense to her belonged to Chris. Well, two can play that game.

“Why would you want to stop at that sugar baby. We can get my whips, my chains and my nipple pumps. I heard they’re quite pleasurable. Why not go all out? So why don’t we meet at your place cause mine is full of jackasses who won’t stop sexually harassing me at work.” Elizabeth said. She tried to stifle her laughter as the guys doubled over in laughter at what she said. It sounded like someone was choking in the background but she wasn’t sure.

“We’re sorry to have interrupted your work time Liz, but it was all Trace’s fault.” Chris explained. Elizabeth could hear Trace threatening Chris with serious bodily harm if he blamed anything else on him. “Have a good day sweetheart.” They all said in unison.

“Yeah whatever, y’all need lives… and girlfriends. Why is it that the number one flirt in the group is the one that ended up with a real woman and a real marriage? It just don’t make no sense.” Elizabeth said in her best ghetto impression.

She heard a couple of “oh man’s” and a few “oh no she didn’ts” before they finally said goodbye and hung up the phone. Elizabeth laughed and tried to focus her attention back on the paper she had been staring at for the past half hour.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki