Let me love you by Lizzy3218


Number of reviews: 25
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 4

 

 

Elizabeth sat in the front seat of Marcus’ car and furiously bit on her bottom lip, which was a nervous habit of hers. Marcus gave her a weird look.

“Are you hungry hun? I could have sworn you ate earlier.” Marcus said with a giggle.

Elizabeth stopped biting her lip and looked at him sheepishly. “Sorry” she whispered.

“Don’t apologize to me. Apologize to that lip of yours that you almost tore in two.” Marcus said while laughing.

Elizabeth pouted and looked away. “Don’t laugh at me Uncle Mark. I’m just a lil nervous ya know? I haven’t seen her in 6 years. She probably won’t even recognize me.”

Marcus looked at her. He understood her nervousness. He really didn’t know how is ex-sister-in-law was going to react. Of course he couldn’t tell Liz that because she was a nervous wreck already. Even though he was unsure of everyone’s reactions, he knew things were going to turn out alright. Liz was still a part of everyone’s lives and having her back… well there are no words for what that meant.

“You’ll be okay bumpkin.” He said simply.

Elizabeth sighed as Marcus pulled into the driveway of a very nice looking condo. She sat there for a minute and gathered her thoughts. ‘I can do this. I came half way across the world to do this. It’s just Lynn. She loves me. I can do this.’ Elizabeth thought.

“You done with your pep talk to yourself bumpkin? We gotta get in the house someday. Come on, you’re wasting daylight.” Marcus said interrupting her thoughts.

Elizabeth smiled when she realized how many times he’d called her bumpkin in the past two days. She had missed being called that. “I’m ready Uncle Mark.” She got out of the car and walked to the other side to stand next to him.

“It’s just Lynn sweetie. She loves you.” Marcus stated.

“I know…” Elizabeth agreed. “Well I guess we should go say hello.” She said reluctantly.

“Yep, let’s go…” Marcus said leading her to the stairs of the condo and up to the room. He saw her take a deep breath as he knocked loudly on the door. He looked down on her and couldn’t help notice how small she was. She looked so insecure and afraid. If she was this terrified about seeing Lynn, how was she going to be able to see the guys, especially Justin? The door swung open, interrupting his thoughts.

“Hi Marcus! My goodness it’s been a long time. Come in, come in.” Lynn motioned obviously not noticing the young girl that was attached to Marcus’ side. Marcus walked in the house holding Elizabeth’s hand and waited for her to say something.

Lynn finally noticed the young girl by Marcus’ side. There was something awfully familiar about her… but she was very silent. The thick black hair, the amazing olive skin… no, it couldn’t be. She had to be seeing things. Marcus cleared his throat, interrupting her thoughts.

“Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend Marcus?” Lynn said with a friendly smile.

Marcus looked down at Elizabeth and nudged her. Elizabeth cleared her throat and took off her dark sunglasses, revealing her trademark eyes. She slowly raised her gaze from the ground. They traveled up Lynn’s slim body and up to her eyes. As soon as their gaze locked recognition settled in. Elizabeth got nervous as she watched the reaction on Lynn’s face. It went from recognition, to shock, and utter disbelief.

“Elizabeth…” she whispered softly. Elizabeth took a step forward, her eyes stilled locked with Lynn’s. She didn’t know what to do. Was she supposed to hug her? Kiss her? Cry? Laugh? What was she supposed to do?

She cleared her throat again and answered her. “Aunt Lynn…” Elizabeth trailed off, not know what else she could say.

Lynn’s mouth literally dropped a good four inches. She couldn’t believe this. Elizabeth Ryans was there in front of her. Her “daughter” that she hadn’t seen in God knows how long. She tried to speak but she couldn’t. She was still recovering from the shock of seeing her. How did she get here? Why didn’t she tell anyone she was coming? Where had she been for the past 6 years? Did anyone know else know she was in town? She wanted to ask the young woman so many questions but she did the one that she hadn’t done in years.

Elizabeth watched as Lynn walked towards her and touched her face carefully. She felt the sting of tears at the corners of her eyes and fought for control. Lynn smiled at her and pulled her into a loving hug. Elizabeth wrapped her arms around her waist and buried her face in her hair. The tears she had been holding in finally broke loose. She quietly sobbed into the older woman’s shoulder as they embraced each other. She could hear Lynn sobbing as well. Elizabeth’s heart swelled as she felt the love for her from that simple gesture. She was home. After so many struggles, she was finally home.

Lynn pulled away from the young woman and looked at her with wonder. She had been missing for so long. She looked up at Marcus who was smiling from ear to ear and she smiled back.

“Elizabeth sweetie… oh my I don’t even know where to begin.” Lynn started.

Elizabeth smiled sheepishly and whipped at her eyes. “I know. I know you’re wonder about a lot of things and you must have tons of questions. I just… I just wanted to see you.”

“You don’t have to explain anything you don’t want to explain. It’s true I have a million questions going through my mind but they can wait. Come in, sit down. Hell, I need to sit down for a moment.”

Elizabeth smiled at what she said. “Aunt Lynn, I thought you didn’t swear?” She asked.

Lynn smiled and sat Elizabeth on the sofa across the one she sat on. She noticed Marcus sitting down but her focus was solely on Elizabeth. “I normally don’t sweetie, but this occasion calls for it. How long have you been in town?”

“I arrived yesterday. I called Uncle Marcus to ask him if he could give me a place to stay for a while. I didn’t know you were here. I read somewhere that Justin and the guys lived here so that’s why I chose to come to LA.” Elizabeth explained.

Lynn smiled a bright smile when she thought about her son and what his reaction to her homecoming would be. “It’s just been so long Liz. I haven’t seen your face in 6 years and you look so different. You look beautiful sweetie.”

Elizabeth smiled shyly. She still didn’t know how to take a compliment. Justin had always teased her about that. “I know it’s been a long time and I’m sorry for that. Things were just… complicated.” She said.

Lynn stood up and walked into the kitchen. “You don’t have to explain anything now Elizabeth. Would you like anything to drink?”

“Some water, please…” Elizabeth replied. She wasn’t all that nervous anymore. Sure Lynn had been shocked when she saw her but that was to be expected.

Marcus decided to leave the two ladies alone since he was being ignored anyway. It wasn’t like he minded but he needed to get back to work. “Well, since I’m not going to be much use to you ladies anymore, I’m going to go back to the hotel. Lynn could you give her a ride back?”

Lynn and Elizabeth looked up as if they forgot Marcus had been there that whole time. He just laughed and stood up. “Yes, go ahead. I’ll take care of her.” Lynn said.

“Well, I’m gonna go. Liz have fun and don’t stay out too late young lady.” Marcus said with a smile.

Elizabeth gave him a hug and watched him leave. She smiled a content smile. Her life was coming back together piece by piece.

 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki