Changing times by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


It had been six years since Lana had last seen JC that day on Lance's birthday, and tomorrow would be the six year anniversary. She was not looking forward to it as she waited for Chris to come home with her five year-old daughter Elisabeth. Today was one of those days, a day where Chris knew that Lana needed time alone so he had offered to pick up Elisabeth from pre-school.
Lana stood impatiently reading the paper as she waited for the kettle to boil, she wondered if she would ever see him again. No, nobody even knew where JC had gone, Chris had just said that he needed to go away to "find himself" and that had taken six years now.
"Mommy we're home!" Chris' voice called interrupting her thoughts, he had become such a fixture around the house that he had come accustomed to calling her mommy as well.
"I'm in the kitchen!" Lana called, and she smiled as Chris walked in followed by a very bubbly five year old.
"Mommy, we have to tell you what happened today," Elisabeth said as she walked over to her mother. Lana bent down and took her daughter in her arms.
"You do?" she asked, "What happened today? I hope Uncle Chris wasn't being naughty!" She said and kissed her daughter on the forehead.
The five year old shook her brown curls. "No, today he was very good! But I got four stars today!" She said it with a proudness that Lana guessed her father would have had when he was her age.
Lana smiled, "Really? That is fantastic! Can I see them?" Elisabeth nodded, and Lana put her back down.
"They're in my bag!" She announced. As Elisabeth disappeared to find her mother her golden stars Chris noticed a sad look in Lana's eyes.
"What you thinking?" He asked her as he moved forward and hugged her.
"Oh, nothing," Lana said hugging him back, "I was just thinking how much she looked like her father. She has his eyes you know." Chris sighed he knew, every time he saw that little girl he saw his friend.
"I know," Chris said and pulled away from her. They stood there in silence for a while.
"You want some tea?" She asked him, Chris shook his head. She knew he wasn't a tea person that was JC's thing. "Sorry," she apologized and Chris couldn't understand what she was apologizing for.
"I'm back!" Came her daughter's voice and she turned to see the little girl walk over to her table and empty out her bag. She and Chris walked over.
"So, shall we show mommy the stars you got?" Chris asked kneeling down next to Elisabeth, who nodded excitedly and started looking through the mess for her stars. Lana kneeled down next to them as Elisabeth found what she was looking for.
"See mommy, I got two stars for spelling," Elisabeth said pointing to the piece of paper that had a list of words written in her five year old hand writing.
Lana took the paper in her hands, "Wow, that is amazing. We have to put it on the fridge so daddy can see when he gets home."
"Yes let's!" Elisabeth said and walked over to her mother.
"What about your other stars?" Lana asked her excited daughter.
"Oh, I got those for being good. We have to leave those ones in school," Elisabeth explained, she felt very important that she had to explain this to her mother.
Lana smiled, "Okay then. We'll just put these ones on the fridge, I'm sure daddy will be very proud!" Lana got up and headed over to the refrigerator, sticking on the paper with two magnets. "There, it looks so pretty." She said, but there was silence. She turned around to see Chris and Elisabeth doing finger painting. "Now you two don't make a mess!"
"Yes, mommy!" Chris said and whispered to Elisabeth, "Now we can't make too much of a mess because mummy doesn't want us too, but we'll still have fun right?"
"Right!" Elisabeth said and she and Chris began furiously painting with their fingers. Lana smiled, Chris was so good with her daughter and she wondered what she would have done without him. She walked over to the kettle just as it began to boil and turned it off. She poured herself a cup of tea and looked out the window to see a silver escalade pull up outside the house. She turned around to see if Elisabeth had heard the car pull up, she had.
"Daddy's home!" The five year-old yelled and ran towards the door with paint-filled fingers just as it opened.
"Hello, where are my two favorite girls?"
"Daddy!" Lana heard Elisabeth call.
"Hello, Lizzie. Where's mommy?" Elisabeth's father asked.
"She's in the kitchen with Uncle Chris. But guess what? I got four stars today!" Elisabeth answered excitedly, she was eager to show everyone her gold stars.
"You did? That's great!" He replied enthusiastically as he entered the kitchen with Elisabeth in his arms. Lana looked up from her cup of tea as Chris stood up and dusted himself off. The man standing in the door way holding her daughter was a man she'd known as long as she'd known JC. He and JC had been best friends, and as he smiled she saw his baby blue eyes twinkle at the thought that his daughter had gained golden stars today.
"Hey," Lana said placing her cup down on the counter top and walking towards her husband.
"Hello beautiful," he said kissing her. Lana wondered if he remembered what tomorrow was. He read her mind and put down his daughter. "Lizzie honey, why don't you go finish painting with Uncle Chris? I want to talk to mommy for a minute okay?" Elisabeth looked at her father, a bit disappointed. "I'll see your stars in a minute ok?" The five year old perked up at the thought of this, and nodded. She walked towards Chris and tugged on his pants.
"Uncle Chris, can we go paint some more? Mommy and daddy have to talk," Elisabeth asked.
Chris laughed and picked up the girl, "Yes, of course we can!" They walked towards their unfinished paintings, "what do you want to paint next?" Lana heard Chris ask. Lana didn't hear her daughter's reply but she guessed she said something along the lines of a pony.
"Don't worry I didn't forget," Her husband said and he took her in his arms. "I know how hard it is for you."
"I know," Lana said, "But imagine how Lance must feel? His friend quit the band on his birthday." Her husband looked at her; he didn't think that that was what she really felt.
"Yeah, but he left you too remember?" Lana looked up at him, and smiled. This is why she married him; he was so caring about her feelings even though he knew how much she still loved JC.
"Thank you for standing by me all these years," she said.
He looked at her, "It's what JC would have wanted, and you know that." Lana nodded and let him hug her. JC would have wanted this; he would want Justin to be there for Lana and her daughter.

Chris looked at Lana playing with her daughter; damn they looked so much alike. He wondered why JC had disappeared that day for good. Okay, so Chris had told him to leave Lana alone but he had no clue she had been pregnant. Not even she had known, she had found out two weeks later when she had called Chris in a panic saying that she was pregnant and that JC was the father.
Chris watched as Lana picked up Elisabeth and swirled her around. He sighed; he had caused so much change. If he hadn't told JC to go, Elisabeth would know who her real father was and not think that Justin was her father. That was a whole other story Chris didn't want to remember. Justin had offered to marry Lana once he found out, and he had also offered to raise the baby as his own. Chris hadn't understood why Justin had done this, but he figured it was because Justin still felt guilty about what happened a few years back between him and JC.
That was most probably the breaking point of the group's success. Once the press had heard that JC had left to go "find himself" as Chris had told everyone, and that Justin was going to get married and raise a child that wasn't his, their stock plummeted. Literally, but then Justin's first movie came out and he had become a super star again. It was a miracle or so many people said. The rest of the guys had sort of fazed out. Joey had gotten married and had a daughter of his own, and Lance had gone off and become a rancher. And Chris, well Chris got he best part of it all, or at least he felt as if he did. He had gotten to help Lana and Justin raise Elisabeth.
So, Chris thought, I guess everything did work out okay. Except for the part that JC never came back. Chris often wondered where JC was, and there were nights where he and Lana would sit up watching Elisabeth wondering together where her father was. Chris looked around him, and he noticed Joey, Justin and Lance all looking at Elisabeth. They felt it too, every time they looked at that little girl they saw their friend, they saw JC Chasez.

Lana may have looked as if she was enjoying herself that day, but the truth be told, she wasn't. A part of her was missing JC like crazy, and she felt that being with her daughter was her only connection to him. As Lana put down her daughter and watched the little girl run off to play with Brianna, Joey's daughter, she sighed. Elisabeth reminded her so much of JC, she had those exact same blue eyes that Lana had loved so much.
It was funny, Elisabeth did not look a bit like her mother, and it was sort of ironic even Justin had said so. Lana shook her head and walked to sit with Chris.
"How are you?" Chris asked as she sat down next to him.
Lana shrugged, "Okay I guess." She really didn't want to discuss JC.
"You still miss him huh?" Chris asked, although why he asked this he didn't know, because he knew she still did. Lana nodded and they watched in silence as Elisabeth and Brianna played on the slide.
"Chris," Lana began, "Imagine how different things would be if Joshua were still here. I mean what if he was raising Elisabeth instead of Justin?" She turned and looked at her best friend.
Chris looked back at her, "Yeah, things would be different. Very different." That was true, Elisabeth may have been JC's daughter, but she would not be the same little girl if she was raised by anyone other than Justin. Justin was a good father; he loved that little girl as if she were his own. He had given his life to her, but sometimes Lana wondered if JC would be a better father. She shook her head at the thought. There was no way anyone would be a better father to Elisabeth than Justin.
Lana looked across the yard and saw Justin and Joey playing with their daughters. It was a nice sight, to see two guys who everyone thought would never grow up, become adults. They had raised two beautiful children there was no doubt about that.
Lance walked over to them, and Lana could tell he too remembered what day it was. "Hey guys," Lance said sitting down on the other side of Chris, "Nice day yeah?" He was trying to avoid the subject of JC, but they all knew that it couldn't be helped.
Both Lana and Chris nodded in answer to his question. "Yeah," Chris replied and he took a sip of his drink.
"Do you think he remembers?" Lance asked suddenly, and both Chris and Lana looked at him.
"I'm sure he does," Lana said, well at least she hoped JC did. She glanced at Lance, today was a bad day for everyone. For the past six years it had been like this. Poor Lance, every year on his birthday he had to be reminded about how his friend left. No wonder he had been so unhappy, his only outlet was his horse ranch.
"Lance, I'm sorry," Lana said after a while and Lance looked at her. He knew she was still feeling guilty about what happened.
"Lana, it's not your fault JC decided to up and disappear on my birthday," Lance said, he didn't want her to feel responsible, he had told her so every year.
Lana shook her head, "I know, but I still feel like it is." Lance smiled at her appreciatively; it was nice that she was trying to make him feel better, even though it meant blaming herself.
Chris all this time had been silent, watching the two of them. He had silently prayed they wouldn't bring him into this, and like every year they didn't. He had never truly told everyone what had happened that day to make JC leave, and luckily for him afterwards when people had tried to contact JC he hadn't responded.
The three of them sat there in silence, watching Justin, Joey and the two girls. What if it where JC instead of Justin? Would Nsync still be going today? Each of them wondered this. The group may still be here today if JC hadn't left, they would still be playing sold out shows. Both Chris and Lance sighed, and Lana knew they both missed those days.
She knew that even Joey and Justin missed Nsync, Justin had told her many nights how he wished that for just one more night they could play some of their old music, and it made her feel really guilty. If she hadn't gone back to JC, none of this would have happened, and maybe that would be best, but then Elisabeth wouldn't be here. And Lana could not imagine a world without her daughter.

Later on that night, when everyone had left and Elisabeth had been sung to sleep by Justin, he and Lana sat up watching TV.
"I wonder what JC is doing with his life," Justin said aloud, although it was more to himself. Lana shrugged; she really didn't want to go into that conversation. She glanced at her husband and could tell that he missed his best friend. They sat for a while watching old Nsync videos on MTV.
"Thank you Justin," Lana said after a while.
"For what?" He asked, although he knew what she was going to say.
"For being there for me all these years. Even though...” Lana began but she didn't bother finishing the sentence, Justin already knew the ending.
Justin looked at her and pulled her close to him, "It's okay. I would have done this anyways." She smiled, Justin knew that even though she loved him it wasn't the same way as she would feel about JC, and he had accepted that. They had gotten married, because Justin had felt guilty about the fact that Lana had to raise a baby all on her own. Justin looked at his wife, and maybe he also felt that if he and Lana hadn't slept together seven years ago her and JC would have never gone through that shit.
Lana felt what Justin was thinking and looked up at him, "Things would have changed." He nodded, he knew what she said was true, even if they hadn't slept together JC and she would have still gone through what they did. “I mean, he was with her for six months." Lana added, referring to what JC had put her through three months before he left. She still felt upset thinking about it today. Justin squeezed her tight.
"Yeah," he whispered in her ear. They looked at each other and Justin kissed her, "But you know that I would still love you and Lizzie right?" Lana nodded, she knew that, she was sure that Elisabeth would still be loved as much by Justin if he didn't raise her.
There was a short silence between them, the only noise was that of Nsync singing "Gone" in the background. Lana sighed, and wondered if JC missed her. Most probably, but she would never know unless one day she saw him again, and Lana didn't see that happening anytime soon.

A few days later, Lana managed to make it through and was sitting in the park while Elisabeth played in the sandbox with Brianna. She watched her daughter, still wondering if JC would make a good father. Lana had always told him that he would have, and now that he was he didn't even know it. She sighed and pulled out a carton of juice from her bag.
"Lizzie, do you two want some juice?" She called to her daughter.
Elisabeth shook her head, "No mommy! Not now we're busy!" Elisabeth told her mother as she and Brianna made something that was supposed to resemble a castle out of the sand. Lana laughed and opened the juice anyways.
"Okay, call me when you want some okay?" She replied and Elisabeth just answered with a vigorous nod. Lana sat quietly for a few minutes sipping the juice and looking around the playground. There were many children there, most of them with their fathers. Lana shook her head, Elisabeth would never get to meet her father, she would always think of Justin as her father even though Lana planned to tell her the truth someday. Lana turned her eyes back on her daughter. Oh my God, Lana thought, she looks so much like him.
"Is she yours?" Lana heard a VERY familiar voice say in her ear. She felt her heart stop as she slowly turn around. This could not be happening, she turned and found herself looking into a pair of ice blue eyes.
"Yeah she is," Lana replied blushing.
"She's beautiful," JC said as he sat down next to her. Lana looked at him, he hadn't changed a bit, but what was he doing here? After all these years? As usual, he read her like a book. "I saw you as I walked past. At first I didn't know if it was you, but I saw that smile and I knew," he replied to her unasked question.
At first Lana didn't know how to respond. She had no clue what to say, should she tell him about Elisabeth? "What are you doing here?" She asked him, he looked at her and smiled.
"I'm in town for a conference," he replied. "You look good." Lana blushed again, he was flirting with her.
"Thank you," Lana replied. "Um, what do you do?" She really had no clue where she was going with all these random questions.
"I run a small cafe in Iowa. In a very unknown town, that's why no one hasn't heard what I've been up to," he replied seeing her look.
"That's nice," was all she could think of. What else could she say?
He nodded, "Yeah, I mean no one hassles me there."
"That's good," she said. Lana looked at him should she just get it out there? "Why didn't you.." she didn't really know how to finish her sentence, but he managed to reply.
"I didn't know if you'd want to hear from me," JC replied. She looked at him in shock, how could he think that?
"I did," she said. "There were things.." She looked over to where her daughter was playing, she didn't know if she should tell him.
"Well, I promised Chris that.." He began but was interrupted by Elisabeth running towards them, with Brianna in tow.
"Mommy! Mommy! Come see what we made!" Elisabeth ran up to her mother and Lana smiled at her daughter, as Elisabeth ran into her arms.
"Mommy can't right now," Lana said wiping sand of Elisabeth's dress. "Say hello to mommy's friend." JC noticed how good Lana was with her daughter.
Elisabeth eyed JC suspiciously, "Hello." She smiled shyly.
JC got up and knelt down in front of Elisabeth, "Hi, I'm Josh. What's your name?"
"I'm Elisabeth," the little girl replied, "and this is my mommy." She pointed to Lana proudly.
JC smiled, "Really? That's a nice name. Are you named after the queen?" Elisabeth looked at him and nodded, she had never really thought of it that way. Lana watched for a while as JC interacted with his daughter. Shit, she realized, he is so good with her.
"Lizzie honey, why don't you two go continue playing while mommy finishes talking to Josh? I'll come see what you've made in a sec ok?" Lana asked her daughter. Elisabeth looked at her.
"Promise?" She asked, and Lana nodded.
"Yes, now go on," she said and Elisabeth giggled and grabbed Brianna's hand as the two of them went running back to the sand box.
JC got up and dusted himself off. "Wow, she looks so much like you," he said, looking and Lana.
Lana looked at him. No, she thought, she looks so much like YOU. But she didn't say anything she just smiled. "So, how long you in town for?" She asked, hoped he would be here a while.
He smiled at her, "Only a few days. Sorry." Lana nodded, that was okay. JC glanced at his watch, "God, look at the time. I better go before I miss the next seminar." He got ready to leave and Lana grabbed his arm.
"Wait," she said, "What you doing for dinner?" He looked at her, wondering why she was asking.
"Nothing much, just staying at the hotel. Why?" he asked.
"Well, we're having a dinner tonight maybe you'd want to join us?" She asked him, there was a pause. "I mean the other guys will be there, I'm sure they'd like to see you." She added the last part quickly.
He nodded slowly, he would like to see his friends again. "Yeah sure, why not? Where is it?" He asked, although he didn't know why he was agreeing.
Lana rumbled though her bag for a piece of paper and a pen. "Here, I'll write down the address. We'll be eating by six," she said, "the kids." She added as he looked at her strangely.
"Ah right," he replied understanding and she handed him the paper. He took it and tucked it into his pocket. "So I'll be there at six?"
Lana nodded, "Yeah that would be great." She smiled at him and he smiled back. “I guess you should go, you don't want to miss your seminar," she said.
"Yeah," he replied. "It was good seeing you again."
"Yeah, you too," Lana replied.
He looked at her, "See you tonight." She nodded in reply, as he walked away. As she watched him go, she felt a little light inside of her turn on again. She watched him until he disappeared around the corner, then she turned back to her daughter.
"Come on you two, let's get home!" She called and began to pack up the toys that were lying on the floor. As the two little girls rushed back towards her Lana found herself realizing how good JC looked as he had talked to her daughter.

"I'm named after the queen!" Elisabeth said for the hundredth time later that evening as Lana was preparing dinner. She smiled, she liked the fact that JC had had such an impact on Lizzie.
Justin looked at Lana, "Why does she keep saying that?"
Lana laughed, "Someone asked her if she had been named after the queen and I guess she figures she had." Justin looked at her and smiled.
"And who was this someone?" he asked her. Lana stopped what she was doing and reached across the counter for the carrots.
"JC," she replied quickly not daring to look at Justin. She focused all her attention on chopping the carrots.
Justin looked at her in surprised. "You saw JC? After all these years?" Lana nodded. "What did he say?"
Lana put down the carrot she was chopping and looked at Justin. "I invited him for dinner." She saw Justin's look, she couldn't tell if it was shock or happiness.
Justin looked at his wife, "You're serious? Why?" Although he had a funny feeling he knew what she was going to say.
"I don't know," she replied, "I guess I thought it would be nice.." She shrugged, it was true, she didn't know why.
Justin nodded slowly, "Well if it's what you want.."
"Yes, it is," she replied finishing his question. "After all, I think it would be nice for you guys to all be together again." Okay, that was a lie. She knew what Chris would do, but she wanted to tell JC about Elisabeth with Justin and Chris around for support.
"You want to tell him don't you?" Justin asked her, knowing what she was thinking. She nodded quietly and grabbed the next carrot to begin chopping.
Justin didn't say anything and Lana looked at him, "He has a right to know."
"Yeah, he does. But he's been away for so many years.." Justin said, "But if that's what you want to do, then we'll do it."
Lana smiled at him, "Thank you." It was all she could say. She appreciated the fact that Justin respected her wishes.
Justin hugged her, "No problem." They both glanced at Elisabeth, "I wonder how he'll react."
"Well, he was really good with her in the park." She said, and Justin looked at her. It was as if he was afraid now that JC was back he would take over Justin's role with Elisabeth. Lana shook her head, "You will always be her father, you know that."
"Yeah, I know," Justin said in response, "But what if he thinks.."
"What if who thinks what?" Chris interrupted them, they pulled apart and looked at each other should they tell him?
Chris, who had Elisabeth in his arms, looked at them both. "Lana met JC in the park today," Justin said.
"Whose JC?' Elisabeth asked.
Lana smiled at her daughter, "Remember mommy's friend?" The little girl nodded, "Well, JC is a name daddy and Uncle Chris gave him long time ago."
Elisabeth tapped Chris on the shoulder, "You know Josh?" She asked although she pronounced it more like Jowsh.
Chris nodded, "Yes, I did." He put Elisabeth down. "Why don't you go get your crayons and so we can draw some cool stuff?" Elisabeth looked at Chris feeling a bit left out, but nodded anyways.
"Okay," she said and hurried off to find her crayons.
Once Elisabeth was out of earshot Chris looked at Lana, "What did he say?"
Lana looked at him, "Nothing much. He met Lizzie.." She looked at Justin who nodded.
"Lana invited him for dinner," Justin said and he saw the look on Chris' face.
Chris shook his head, "You're joking right?" Both Lana and Justin shook their heads.
"I want to tell him.." Lana began, and Chris nodded.
"Well, if it's what you want," he said.
Lana nodded, "Yes, I think it's the right thing to do."
Chris smiled and walked over to her, hugging her. "Then I'll support you," he said, he wondered if the truth would also come out about why JC had left. Most probably. Just then Elisabeth walked back into the room and tugged on Chris' pants.
"Uncle Chris, I've got my crayons. Can we go draw now?" Chris pulled away from Lana and picked up the little girl.
"Yes, we can," Chris replied and looked at Lana. "Don't worry, everything will be okay," he said in reply to her look. As he and Elisabeth walked away Lana heard him asking Elisabeth what color crayon she liked best.
"Well, I guess we'd better go get ready," Justin said after a while and wiped his hands on his jeans. Lana nodded as he headed for the bedroom to shower and change. She was soon left alone in the kitchen chopping carrots, and wondering how things would go that night.

The mood was tense, and Lana wondered if it was a good idea that she invite JC tonight. Okay, he wasn't there yet, but all the guys were waiting impatiently for him to come. Chris and told Joey and Lance the news once they had gotten here, and now they were sitting around in silence, the only sound was that of Brianna and Elisabeth giggling from the table. Lana looked up at the clock, on the mantle piece, it was five thirty and he still wasn't there, but she had told him six right?
Dinner was ready and waiting to be served, as Chris spoke up. "So you think he's coming?" There was a hint of the old Chris in his voice and Lana shot him a look.
"I'm sure he is, I told him six, " she replied and glanced over to her daughter. What if he didn't come? Then would he ever know?
Chris looked at the clock himself, "Well, it's only five thirty. He's never been good with time anyways." But that was a lie, JC had always been good with time. The room fell into silence again and Justin paced up and down the room.
"So how are we going to tell him?" Justin asked stopping and looking at Lana, she felt all eyes on her. She shrugged, she had no idea how she would tell JC, the man who had deserted her six years ago, that he had a daughter. The tension mounted and Lana looked around at each one of the guys. Lance was fiddling nervously with his tie, Joey was being comforted by his wife, Kelly, and Justin and Chris well they were just nervous. Everyone was nervous to what would happen.
Lana looked up at the clock again, five forty-five. "Well, I guess we should start. I mean if he's not coming.." She paused as the door bell rang and everyone looked up.
"Do you want me to get it?" Justin asked her, and she shook her head. No, she better get it. Justin nodded, "Okay then." Lana got up and headed for the front door, she looked behind her and all the guys gave her scared looks. She didn't bother telling them it would be all right because she didn't know if it would be.

Lana felt her breath go away as she opened the door. There he stood, the man whom she was still in love with standing right in front of her looking as good as ever.
"Hi," he said smiling at her.
"Hi," she replied and found herself blushing, "Come on in." She stepped aside so he could enter and he did so.
"Thanks," was all he said. They stood in silence for a while, each of them wondering what to say to the other.
"Well, the others are here," Lana said after a while, "you're just on time." He smiled at her not saying anything and she led him into the kitchen.
He looked around him as he followed her. "It's a nice place," he said to her.
She looked back at him, "Thanks, Justin picked it out." She stopped herself once she realized he didn't know about Justin. He nodded, not knowing what to say.
They entered the room and everyone looked up. "Hey man," Justin said smiling at his friend and walking over to them.
JC smiled back at him, "Hey, how's it going?" They hugged, and Lana knew that things would be alright. She glanced at the other three guys who where watching.
She motioned for Chris to say something. "Hey dude," Chris said after a while and he waited for JC's response. JC just nodded, he had nothing to say to Chris. He still blamed him for what happened.
"Lance, Joey," JC said and walked to towards them. Both Lance and Joey smiled, it was nice to see their friend again after so many years.
Lana watched the scene unfold, it was nice to see them all together again. But she felt there was unspoken tension still between JC and Chris which she didn't bother dwelling on. The guys were all making small talk when the two little girls came rushing into the room looking for their mothers.
"Mommy, I'm hungry," Elisabeth said as Lana scooped down to pick up her daughter.
"You are, are you?" She asked and pushed a strand of curly brown hair out of Elisabeth's eyes. "Did you say hello to Josh?" JC turned at the mention of his name.
He smiled when he saw the little girl. "Hi," he said walking over to her and Lana, pulling him away from his friends.
"Hi!" Elisabeth said enthusiastically. "Do you know my daddy?" JC looked at her quizzically, wondering what she meant.
"Of course he does," Justin said taking Elisabeth from her mother and swinging her in the air, the little girl giggled excitedly. JC looked at Lana for an explanation.
"Wow, daddy knows everybody!" Elisabeth said and Justin looked at her.
"Well, I don't know everybody!" Justin replied and he kissed her on the forehead. Lana glanced at JC who looked at her in shock as he realized what had just taken place.
"So you and Justin.." JC began, he looked at Justin then back and Lana. They looked at each other and nodded.
"Yeah, we, you know," Lana said and glanced around the room to Justin who took his cue.
"So you want to eat?" Justin asked Elisabeth and she nodded, "Well, why don't you, me, Uncle Joey and Brie go look for food? What do feel like eating?" Justin walked towards Joey.
"Brie, let's go get something to eat!" Joey called to his own daughter picking her up. Brianna giggled and looked at her mother, as Joey followed Justin out the room.
"It's okay, dear. Go with dad," Kelly told Brianna and she took glanced at Lance and Chris. "Come on guys, help me put the food out. Let these two talk." Soon it was just Lana and JC standing in the empty kitchen. JC walked up to the fridge and admired all of Elisabeth's art work that was stuck to it.
After a while he said, "So you and Justin got married?"
Lana looked at him and could see the hurt in his eyes, "Yeah well you know, things happened."
"So I heard," JC said and he looked at Lana, who looked at him in shock her knew? "Yeah, I heard Justin was getting married, but I didn't think it would be to you."
Lana looked away from his gaze. "Things were more complicated than that.." She wondered how she would tell him.
"Is she his?" JC asked after a few minutes nodding in the direction where Justin had gone.
She shook her head, "No." Lana looked up, he didn't dive any deeper.
"How old is she?" He asked moving towards her.
"Five, she'll be six next year," Lana replied not looking into his eyes.
"That's a good age," he said and she looked at him. Was he serious? Maybe he had a feeling but didn't want to say it.
"JC.." Lana began but stopped. What would she say to him?
"Yeah?" He replied and looked at her.
She shook her head. "Nothing. It's okay." He nodded as if he understood.
"Well, do you want to..” JC began indicating to the dishes and Lana nodded. "Okay, I'll, um, take this then?" He asked picking up a salad.
Lana nodded, "Thanks." He didn't answer her, there was no point. He began to walk into the dining area, Lana looked at him, well at least he knew Elisabeth wasn't Justin's.

"Mommy, I'm tired," Elisabeth told her mother. Lana picked her up and smiled. Dinner was over and everyone but JC and Chris had left. Brianna started to get tired so Joey and Kelly had left, and Lance had said something about having to get to work early in the morning.
"Okay honey, do you want me or daddy to put you to bed?" Lana asked.
Elisabeth yawned and looked at her mother, "You!"
Lana nodded and looked at Justin, "Sorry daddy but I don't think you're wanted tonight. Do you want to say goodnight to everyone?"
Elisabeth smiled, "Good night daddy! Good night Uncle Chris! Good night Josh!" She said excitedly. Justin walked over and kissed his daughter.
"Good night darling," he said and he looked at JC, "Hey why don't you go help Lana put Lizzie to bed. I'm sure Lizzie would like that, wouldn't you Lizzie?" Justin looked at Elisabeth, who nodded.
"Okay, I guess I can.." JC said getting up from the couch and walking over to them.
"Can you sing?" Elisabeth asked JC.
JC looked at her and laughed, "Yes I can, why?"
"She likes to be sung to sleep," Lana replied, "But since I'm so horrible I think you'll be useful." JC looked at Lana and smiled.
"I may not be as good as I used to, but we can try," JC said, Lana looked at him doubtfully. JC had always been the one with the most amazing vocal chords according to her.
"Yay!' Elisabeth said and held out her arms to JC. JC looked at both Justin and Lana who nodded. Lana passed the little girl to JC.
"Well, I guess you better be off to bed then," Justin said kissing Elisabeth on the forehead, as JC took a hold of her. "Good night."
"Night daddy. Night Uncle Chris!" Elisabeth called over JC's shoulder as they walked out.
"Good night Lizzie!' Chris called back and he looked at Lana.
"Fuck," Lana said once Elisabeth was out of the room.
"What?" Both Justin and Chris asked looking at her.
"He looks good with her," Lana said, and they both nodded.
"Yeah, he does," Justin replied and Lana knew he was upset. "You better go tell him." Lana looked at him and nodded.
"Yeah," she walked away but stopped in the doorway. "Don't worry I'll let him know you are her father." She added and Justin smiled appreciatively, after all he was the one who had raised Elisabeth.

Lana stood in the doorway watching JC sing his daughter to sleep. Wow, she thought, he really would make a good father.
"Good night," JC said and kissed the little girl's forehead.
"Good night Josh. Good night mommy," Elisabeth replied and slowly closed her eyes.
"Good night honey," Lana called as JC got up and walked towards the door. She smiled at him as he walked past her and turned of the light. Once the door was closed he looked at Lana.
"She is perfect," he said as they stepped away from the door. Lana took a deep breath in, okay now she had to tell him.
"I know," Lana replied, "she's just like her father." JC looked at Lana quizzically.
"He must have been an amazing man," JC said, even though it pained him to say those words. He wished that little girl was his.
Lana nodded, "He is."
"Is?" JC asked her, "So he's alive? Does he know about her?" He placed a hand on Lana's chin and turned towards him as she looked away.
Lana shook her head. "Yes he's alive, but no he didn't know about her," she stole a look at him, hoping he would have caught on.
JC looked at her, "So you told him? How did he take it?"
Lana took a deep breath in and looked at JC. "I haven't told him, but he's met her," Lana said and JC looked at her in shock.
"So, what did he have to say about her?" JC asked, Lana looked at him and smiled.
"He thinks she's perfect," Lana said, she looked at JC.
"He's right she is," JC replied, he still wasn't sure where Lana's comments were going. "Who is he?"
Lana looked at Elisabeth's father, she wondered how she would begin. "It's you," Lana replied and looked away, afraid of what he might say.
JC looked at her, trying to digest what she had said. "So, you mean.." He began and Lana nodded. "She's mine? But how?"
Lana looked at him, she could tell he was in shock. "Two weeks after you left," she began and saw him looking at her, she was unsure of what his face said. "I found out I was pregnant, and well things just happened." Lana finished. She looked up at JC.
"Yeah, I can see," JC said, there was a hint of bitterness in his voice.
"JC," Lana said trying to explain before he got more upset. "The only reason Justin and I got married was because he offered to help me raise Lizzie, and he felt guilty about what happened."
JC looked at her, "He did?"
Lana nodded, "He blamed himself for the fact that you left, so he thought the way to make it up to you was to help raise your daughter as his own."
"Yeah, well he did a pretty good job," JC snapped back and Lana looked at him, she could see him hurting.
"We didn't think you'd ever come back," Lana said, JC rolled his eyes. How typical of Justin to think that.
"Neither did I, but here I am aren't I?" JC asked and Lana nodded, he was right. No one expected him to come back yet here he was. "Do you love him?" Lana looked up at JC, no one had really asked her that before.
"I respect the fact that he helped raise Lizzie," Lana began but JC interrupted her.
"Yeah, but do you love him?" JC asked.
Lana shook her head. "Not in the same way," she said.
"The same way as what?" JC wanted to know, he knew he was being nosy but he just had to know.
Lana looked at JC. "Not like I loved, love, you," she said and she glanced at JC. She saw a hint of relief in his eyes.
"Does Justin know how you feel?" Was all he asked. Lana nodded, of course he knew. "Then why don't you leave him?"
Lana looked at JC. "Because Lizzie needs her father," she said.
"But he isn't her father, I am." JC said, he began to get angry again.
"Yes, but he raised her. He's all she's ever known as a father," Lana explained.
JC nodded, he understood somewhat. He didn't want his daughter to have to loose another father, even if that meant that she would always see Justin as her dad. "So where do you want to go from here?" he asked Lana.
Lana shrugged, "Well, if you don't want to have anything to do with this I understand.." She began, but JC stopped her.
"No, you can't just expect me to walk away after telling me I have a daughter," he said, Lana looked at him and realized he was right. What did she expect from him? JC placed a hand on her shoulder, unsure of what to tell her.
"I guess, if you want to..." Lana said unable to finish her sentence. JC nodded.
"I'd like to be a part of her life now. She can call me whatever you want her to, but one day she has to know," JC said and Lana nodded in agreement, after all he had a right, I mean he never knew Elisabeth existed before today.
"I guess that would be okay," Lana said and it was, she wanted him to stick around. "As long as you promise me you won't disappear on us." She looked at JC and he nodded.
"Don't worry I won't, but I have to go back to Iowa to get stuff sorted out," he said. "But I'll come back," he added when he saw what Lana was thinking.
"Promise me you'll come back," she said.
"I promise," he said, and he hugged her. And once again Lana felt as if everything would be alright, at least for now anyways.

After JC had left Lana stood in the kitchen with Chris and Justin, explaining to them what had happened just a few minutes before. After she had explained Chris spoke up.
"There's something I have to say," he said and Lana looked at him, she hoped he wouldn't start telling her how she shouldn't get involved with JC again. Chris shook his head, "No it's not that."
"What is it Chris?" Justin asked.
"Okay," he took a deep breath in and Lana knew it was something big. "JC left because of me." Lana looked at him, wondering what he meant.
"Chris don't be dumb," Justin said, "he left to go find himself." Chris shook his head.
"No, that's what I told everyone so that no one would blame me," Chris began.
"Chris what did you tell him?" Lana asked, she knew instantly Chris must have said something to JC to make him leave.
Chris looked away from her, unable to look at his best friend. "I told him he should leave you alone. I guess he just took it to a more extreme," he said, both Lana and Justin looked at Chris shocked.
Lana couldn't believe Chris had done that, made JC leave because he did not approve of her relationship with him. There was a silence between the three of them. After a while Justin spoke up. "It's okay, you only did it because you cared," Justin said and Lana nodded in agreement knowing that what Chris did was only because he was afraid JC may put her through shit again. "After all, it's not your fault he made the decision to leave," Justin added and he was right. It wasn't Chris' fault JC decided he couldn't handle Chris' request for him to leave Lana alone but still be friends.
Chris looked at Lana, "Do you agree with Justin?" He had to ask, he didn't want her to hate him forever.
Lana nodded, "Yes Chris. I know you only did it because you cared for me." Chris looked at Lana, he could tell she was still upset.
"I'm sorry though," he said, and she nodded, she knew he was.
"I know," she said and smiled at him, all that mattered now was the Elisabeth's father had come back.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki