A Moment Like This by Leeann


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


"But you don't understand, I have to have the night off!" Joey exclaimed thinking it unfair for they're tour manager to refuse him one night off.

"Joey, I told you that no one was getting the night off and that you all, that includes you, were confined to the hotel. This place is nuts, we can't risk any of you going out and getting caught in a mob.

"Can I at least have someone here?" he asked admitting defeat, knowing Johnny would never let him get his way.

"One person and no one else.." Johnny nodded.

"Thanks Johnny." Joey sighed a breath of relief.

"You're welcome, and Joey, lets not make more work for PR."

"You should know me better then that." Joey scowled at him.

Joey left Johnny's hotel room and headed for the room he shared with his friend and bandmate Chris Kirkpatrick. excited for the plans he had for the night. His best friend Marina was in town for the night and he wanted to spend the time with her. They never got to see each other since he was always on tour and recording.

The phone started to ring as soon as Joey walked into his room. "Hello?"

"Joey?"

"Marina? It's so good to hear your voice. Where are you hon?" Joey asked.

"I'm downstairs in the lobby but these people won't let me up. Can you please come get me?" Marina stated feeling aggravated that she couldn't even visit her best friend without being questioned.

"I'll be down there in a flash, I can't wait to see you again."

Marina hung up the phone and waited for her friend to emerge from either the elevator or the stairs. She was really excited to see him, but wasn't sure how she was going to deal with the feelings that were buried deep inside her.

Joey looked around the lobby for his short friend and when he finally spotted her he ran to her and scooped her into his arms. "Oh Marina, it's so good to see you."

"You too Joey, like you wouldn't believe. I missed you so much." Marina's arms wrapped tightly around his back as she inhaled his scent.

"Come on, lets go upstairs." Joey grabbed her hand and led her to the elevator leaving the busy lobby behind them.

Marina kept watching Joey as they rode the elevator up to Joey's floor.

"It's so good to see you." she whispered her feelings doing the talking.

Joey looked over at Marina and swallowed thickly when he saw the expression on her face. It was one of strong emotion, a look of true love. Her face mirrored his own feelings, feelings that he'd been dealing with for over six months.

"It's good to see you too hun, it seems like it's been forever since we last got to hang out and just talk." Joey smiled down at her drawing her into his arms.

Marina lay her head on his chest and closed her eyes, waiting for the elevator to ding signaling they're arrival at his floor. Just then the elevator came to an abrupt stop and the lights flickered on and off then came back on.

"What was that?" Marina asked feeling paniced when she'd felt the elevator stop.

Joey let go of Marina and went over to the controls and clicked on all the buttons hoping the door would open or they would move again. When that didnt happen, he picked up the service phone and waited for someone to answer.

"Hello?"

"Yes hello sir, my name is Joey and I'm stuck in the elevator. I have a friend here who's a little bit claustrophobic and need to get out as soon as possible." Joey answered looking at Marina who was starting to rub her arms looking around the small space--the first sign of panic.

"We'll send someone to see what's going on sir, we'll have you out of there in no time."

Joey hung up the phone and went over to Marina, "They're on their way, are you going to be okay?"

Marina went over to the corner and sat down, "I just need to sit here and now think about it. It's getting a lot smaller in here Joey."

Joey watched Marina hug herself, the fear clearly showing in her eyes. He moved to sit down next to her and took her in his arms. "It's going to be okay honey, we'll get out of here and you'll be just fine. I won't let anything happen to you, I'm here."

Marina lay her head on Joey's shoulder willing herself to calm down and enjoy this time alone with him. She wanted to spend time with him alone without any interruptions but this was not what she had in mind. She looked up at Joey who was lookin down at her.

"I can't express enough how much I missed you. I still can't believe your here, in my arms." Joey held her closer. He leaned in a softly kissed her on the cheek hoping to help make her feel better.

"I feel the exact same way Joey, it took me forever to get here. Joey theres something I need to tell you." Marina looked away for a moment.

Joey pulled her face to look at him and smiled, "Don't turn away from me Marina. What is it you want to tell me?"

Marina studied his eyes for about five minutes before taking a deep breath then let it out, "I'm deeply and madly in love with you. I tried not to let it happen, but no matter how hard I tried I still couldn't fight my feelings. I'll completely understand if you don't feel the same way, but I had to get it off my chest."

Joey felt his heart soaring and he got butterflies in his stomach when she heard her words. He tenderly smiled into her eyes and gently placed a hand on her cheek. "I'm so very glad that you did get it off your chest too, because I've been wanting to do this since I first saw you in the lobby."

Joey leaned down and softly kissed Marina on the lips. He saw her eyes close as she drew a shaky breath and kissed him back. The kiss ended as quick as it began, Joey pulled away but stayed close mere inches away from her face. "I have been in love with you for the longest time Marina, I never wanted to tell you before because I was scared. I was scared because I didn't want to lose you or your friendship and I never dreamed you would feel the same way."

Marina couldn't believe her ears. Her best friend, her love, her soul mate admitted he loved her, she'd never dreamed what it would be like to hear those few words. She'd waited forever to hear them yet she'd never thought she would. She felt tears roll down her cheeks as she looked into Joey's eyes.

"Oh baby, please don't cry, the time for crying is over. We've found each other there's no more need for tears." Joey gently wiped the tears from her eyes with his thumbs as she smiled at him thru her tears.

"You're too good for me Joey, what did I do to deserve you." Marina smiled.

"That's nonsense, if anything it's the other way around. I'm the one who doesn't deserve you. But for whatever reason you love me. I can't get over it...you really love me."

Joey leaned in and softly kissed Marina on the lips wrapping his arms tightly around her waist as the elevator lights came on strong and a song perfect for the moment came over the speakers.


A moment like this
Some people wait a lifetime
For a moment like this
Some
people search forever
For that one special kiss
Oh, I can't believe it's happening to me
Some people wait a lifetime
For a moment like this

"I love you." Joey smiled pulling back.

"I love you too." Marina smiled as Joey helped her to her feet. She couldn't wait to spend the rest of her time with Joey. Where time would take them she didn't know, but whatever was going to be in store she couldn't wait to find out what that was.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki