In My Dreams by Leo


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


"What does Lance need to say to Chris that he can't say in front of us?" JC asked. The three of them were downstairs in the cafeteria drinking coffee and eating donuts.

"I'm sure Lance will tell us eventually." Joey replied.

"Yeah. Maybe he just wanted to tell Chris because he knew that he wouldn't freak on him like you would JC." Justin kidded.

"I wouldn't freak on him." JC objected and got glares from Joey and Justin. "You think I would?"

"We know you, JC. You almost freaked on Lance when he wouldn't tell us and then asked for us to leave." Joey said.

"I guess you're right. I just wish he would tell us." JC finished his coffee and moved to go throw it away. Justin and Joey followed.

"You think we gave them enough time?" Justin asked as they made their way to the elevator.

"Yeah. It's been an hour. I think that's good enough." JC answered. All three of them stepped into the elevator and got off at the third floor. They reached Lance's room. JC knocked to give them fair warning that they were back then opened the door. They saw Chris sitting in a chair next to Lance's bed and Lance asleep.

"Did you guys get to talk?" JC asked Chris.

"Yeah. I'm not allowed to tell you guys. Believe me I would, but I promised Lance. Besides, I think it would be better if he told you himself."

"Ok. Just as long as we know soon. I can't take much more of him hiding things from us." JC said.

"When did Lance fall asleep?" Joey spoke up.

"About a half hour ago." Chris replied.

"So it didn't take you guys long at all to talk?"

"No, not really. Lance did most of the talking. I think he likes it better that way instead of interrupting him with questions."

"I'll keep that in mind." JC said as he looked around the room. JC spaced out while looking out the window but was sucked back into reality when he heard Justin speak.

"I think he's having another nightmare." They all just sat and watched Lance go through his nightmare with his arms flailing about. JC watched Lance's body toss and turn. JC moved closer to the bed to wake up Lance because he didn't want Lance to pull the tubes out of his arms while he was shifting in bed. JC was about to wake him when Lance's eyes popped open. Lance's eyes frantically moved about the room before he realized where he was.

"Are you ok, Lance?" Joey asked looking down at Lance. Joey could see the beads of sweat on Lance's face.

"Yeah…I'm…fine."

"Want to tell us what the nightmare was about?" JC asked looking over at Chris because he probably knew.

Lance shook his head. "Not now. Later."

"Whenever you're ready." Justin said. Just then Skyler came in.

"Hi. How are you feeling?"

"I'm ok." Lance answered.

"Headache still?" Lance nodded.

"Ok. Well I'm here to do the full examination. Would you guys mind stepping outside for a few minutes?" Skyler asked.

"Sure. We'll be right out here if you need us, Lance." JC said and Lance smiled. They exited the room.

"Your friends seem nice."

"Yeah they are. They're a lot of fun too." Lance admitted looking up at the ceiling. Skyler did everything she was supposed to like checking his heart rate, breathing, etc.

"You're lucky to have friends that care so much about you." She said looking at Lance making him meet her eyes.

"Yeah I am."

"You're all done. You'll be discharged tomorrow. Probably sometime in the afternoon. I'll see you one more time tomorrow before you leave."

"Thank you." Lance said as she disappeared out of the room. The guys came in right after she left.

"You all good to go now?" Chris asked.

Lance shrugged. "She says I'll be out of here sometime tomorrow afternoon. So I guess nothing else is wrong."

"You like her?" JC asked and Lance smiled.

"Yeah she's nice."

"I think he likes her for other reasons." Joey joked and everyone laughed while Lance blushed.

"I'm starved. I'm going to pick up some McDonalds for everyone." Joey said looking at his watch. It was 4 in the afternoon and they hadn't eaten anything since 7.

"Are we staying the night?" Justin asked.

"Yes." JC replied.

"I thought that normally wasn't allowed." Chris objected.

"Well it isn't but since I'm a doctor here I'm allowed. So we're spending the night. No sense in driving back home when Lance is getting released tomorrow."

"Yeah that makes sense." Joey said. He took everyone's orders and left to get some food. Lance was staring off into space when he heard someone say `earth to Lance.' He blinked and shook his head of his thoughts about going crazy and everything that went along with it.

"Sorry."

"You were pretty far out there. What were you thinking about?" JC questioned.

"Nothing." Lance said.

"What's with the short answers?" Justin asked.

"I'm sorry. I guess I'm still out of it." Lance looked toward Chris to see if Chris had told them about what he told him earlier. Chris shook his head and a look of relief washed over Lance. Joey came back with the food and was handing it out to everyone. Chris figured this would be a good time for Lance to talk to the guys since they were alone.

He waited until all of them were done eating and said, "Lance, I think now is a good time to tell them." Lance shot Chris a look that seemed to ask if he was crazy.

"Tell us what, Lance?" JC asked pretending to have forgotten all about it but it's what's been on JC's mind all day.

"I don't know, Chris." Lance said.

"You should tell them. Now is as good as time as any."

"Ok, fine. You guys have to promise not to interrupt and wait until I'm finished to ask questions."

"It's a deal." They all agreed on it.

"Well I still have nightmares about what happened…"

"Is that what this past nightmare was about?" Justin asked.

"Yeah now let me finish."

"Sorry."

"Ok. Well this may sound a little crazy but you know how sometimes people talk to themselves?" The guys nodded. "This is kind of like that. I ask myself questions, just to run stuff through my mind and my subconscious answers me. It's really weird. It's almost like the bad half of you. That's what happened last night. I was myself until I found out that JC took my car keys and didn't trust me anymore. Then I think that's when I lost it and a new me, a bad me, submerged."

Lance stopped to take a breath and sort out the rest of what he was going to say. It was silent until he started again. "So being mad at JC I went upstairs to my room. I was going to call Chris and tell him about everything but my cell phone was dead. I sat up there for an hour or two before I just decided I was going out. I climbed out my bedroom window and landed on my foot in the back yard. It hurt but I kept moving. I got out onto the street and looked back at the house and got this feeling that I shouldn't be doing this but the new me wouldn't let me go back. I went to a bar, I don't know which one, and drank until 3 in the morning. I went outside and saw someone in the alleyway. The new me wasn't afraid of things that I would be. So I went to check it out. There was this gang of kids. I was walking through them when I bumped into one of them. They got pissed off. They…" Lance was starting to lose his emotions now but still managed to hold them back.

"They threw me on the ground and started beating me all over. They bashed my head off of the concrete a few times. I remember how bad that all hurt. It hurt so bad. I wanted to get up but I could hardly stand up when I left the bar so how was I supposed to get off the ground? I remember them finally quitting and leaving me to die I suppose. Then I ended up here."

"The new Lance sounded like a bad ass." Joey joked and the guys laughed for a few minutes thankful for some comic relief from a very serious topic.

"I can't believe that happened to you. I'm so sorry, Lance. I shouldn't have pushed you like that." JC said.

"It's not your fault. It was something that couldn't really be prevented. I was going to crack sooner or later." Lance replied.

"We're glad you're ok. That was a pretty amazing tale you just told." Justin spoke up.

JC turned to Chris. "What do you think we should do now?"

"I think that Lance's subconscious won't be around anymore. So we don't have to worry about that."

"Do I have to see a shrink?" Lance questioned listening to what they were saying.

"Only if you want to. I think you should talk to me and the guys a lot more though. I'm sure you'll like talking to us better than a stranger." Chris answered.

"I don't want to. I'll try talking to you guys about my problems more." Lance said.

"Good. We want you to come to us. You bottle up all your emotions and make yourself sick. You need to let your emotions go." JC replied.

"You shouldn't be afraid to cry in front of us." Chris said.

"I'm not." Lance thought out loud.

"Yes you are. When you were talking you looked like you were going to but you blocked them from falling." Justin pointed out.

"I just don't want you guys to think I'm a wuss."

"We don't and would never think of you as that. We're your friends and friends don't do that." Joey said.

"Don't you feel better now that you told them?" Chris asked making everyone laugh.

"Yeah I do."

"Let's get some sleep guys." JC suggested and they all agreed. Lance lay there in bed thinking about everything. He was glad that he told them but something still didn't seem right. Lance knew the nightmares would continue until they caught the guy. He closed his eyes and fell into another nightmare but this was unlike any he's ever had before.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki