In My Dreams by Leo


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Lance was taking walk through the neighborhood after the sun had set. Alone. It was a cool breezy night but not too cold. It was just right. Lance had walked the loop through the neighborhood and was coming toward JC's house. He passed by a small park that was located inside the plan. All of the sudden he was grabbed from behind. The person had wrapped his arm around Lance's neck. Lance tried to break free from the person. The only thing that happened with him struggling was that the person put a tighter hold on his neck.

"Why do you think you can get escape me?" The voice asked. Lance was shocked. He couldn't believe that it was him. He knew that voice anywhere.

"Wha…what…what do you want?" Lance asked his voice trembling.

The man moved his mouth right next to Lance's ear. "To kill you." The man's voice icy and cold just like his blue eyes. Lance shivered. The cool night air no longer felt refreshing but chilly. The guy pulled a knife from his coat pocket with his free hand. He wrapped the arm with the knife around Lance's waist and stabbed him in the stomach. The guy removed his knife and arm around Lance's neck. He collapsed onto the ground in pain. The man bent down, the knife still in his hand, and continued to stab Lance in the stomach and the chest. He left leaving Lance bleeding to death on the sidewalk in front of the park.

Lance woke up screaming. He was screaming no. The guys awoke upon hearing him scream. Even JC, the heaviest sleeper of them all, had woken up to his friend's terrifying scream.

Joey was the closest to Lance's bed and began to shake him telling him everything was ok. "Lance. Look at me." After a few minutes Lance had stopped screaming but still had the terrified look in his eyes. Lance stared at Joey and then visibly relaxed a little. Lance sat back in his bed.

"Are you ok? What happened?" Joey asked.

"Another nightmare?" Chris questioned and all Lance could do was merely nod. He was still too shaken up by the dream to speak just yet.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" JC spoke up. Lance shook his head no and hugged his legs to his chest.

Just then a nurse popped her head into the room but didn't flip on a light. "Is everything alright in here? I heard someone scream." All of the guys had given her their attention; all of them except for Lance. He was still lost in his mind.

"Our friend just had a nightmare." Justin explained to the nurse.

"Ok. Do you want me to give him a sedative to help him sleep?" The nurse asked.

"No ma'am. We have it under control." Chris said. The nursed nodded.

"Good night then." She left the room. The guys turned their attention back toward Lance. He was still hugging his legs like he was trying to disappear from the world.

"Lance, tell us what the dream was about." JC pushed but Lance just shook his head.

"Can you say something so we know you're ok?" Joey asked but received the same answer from him.

"C'mon guys. Let's go back to bed." JC shot Chris a look like he was crazy. Their friend was scared and all he could think about was sleep. Chris saw JC's look and said, "Do you want someone to sit with you?" Lance hesitated for a minute not really wanting to inconvenience his brothers but figured that they wouldn't be getting any sleep anyway. Lance nodded.

"Who wants to sit with him first since we probably won't get any sleep?" JC asked.

"If we're all going to stay up then why don't all of sit with him?" Justin answered.

"You got a point." Joey said. The four of them grabbed their pillows and moved closer to Lance's bed. Lance felt better knowing that his brothers were there but still felt afraid.

"Lance, why don't you stretch out your legs? They must be getting cramped." Chris suggested. Lance shook his head. For some reason he felt safe sitting like that.

"Get some sleep. You'll feel better once you get more sleep." JC said.

"N…n…no." Lance stuttered. He was afraid that he would have another nightmare.

"Why not? We're right here. Nothing's going to happen." Justin replied. "We promise." Lance felt a little better after hearing this and closed his eyes. He had them shut for no more than five minutes when he jerked up.

"What's the matter, Lance?" Joey asked.

"I…I…"

"You keep seeing it every time you close your eyes, huh?" Chris asked having a hunch that it was something bad. Sometimes he had cases where people would have these really bad dreams that would haunt them everytime they closed their eyes. Lance simply nodded his head to Chris's question. Chris had guessed right.

"It's alright you don't have to go to sleep." Lance laid back down and then curled himself into a ball while the other guys whispered to themselves. Lance spaced out. Eventually falling asleep. The others fell asleep soon after.

It was eleven o'clock by the time all of them woke up. Lance was the first one up. He didn't get much sleep. There was a knock on the door and the doctor walked into the room.

"I heard that there was a bit of noise coming from this room last night." Skyler said. Lance's cheeks turned a shade of pink.

"It was nothing. We had it under control." JC spoke up.

"I'm sure you did." Skyler looked over Lance once more briefly before saying, "That's it. You're free to go. I don't want to see you back here again." Lance nodded.

"Thanks, doc." JC said as him and the guys straightened up the room and gathered their things to leave. Skyler left after telling Lance to be easy on his foot. Lance got changed and the guys walked beside him incase he would need their help. They made it to the car without any problems. Lance sat in the passenger seat while Justin drove. JC watched Lance the whole ride home. JC wanted Lance to tell them what his nightmare was about. He knew that this wasn't healthy for Lance. They made it back `home' as they called it for the summer and went inside. Everyone collapsed in the living room.

After they relaxed for a bit. JC brought up the subject of Lance's nightmare. "Lance, will you tell us about your nightmare now?" Lance sighed. He hadn't forgotten about it but he was starting to feel more at ease.

"O…ok." Lance said shakily.

"I'm walking through the neighborhood. It's a nice night. I'm almost home when I get grabbed from behind. I was down by the park. The murderer that I had seen had his arm around my neck. I fought to get away from him but he just made his arm tighter against my neck. He asked me why I thought I could get away from him. I asked him what he wanted. He said…" Lance couldn't hold his emotions anymore. He began to cry. One tear after another fell silently down his cheek.

"He told me that he wanted to kill me. Then he stabbed me in the stomach. He pulls the knife out and let's his hold of me go. I fall to the ground. He bends over me and stabs me some more in the stomach and in the chest. Then he left me there, bleeding to death. That was it."

The room was so silent you could hear a pin drop. Justin was sitting next to Lance on the couch. Nobody knew what to say or do. Justin pulled Lance in for a hug. Justin didn't try to pull away and neither did Lance. He held onto Justin for a long time before finally letting go. Justin was bigger than Lance and he took that as comfort.

"It's ok. We won't let anything happen to you." Justin whispered to him. They all noticed how pale Lance looked.

"We'll protect you. Nothing's going to happen as long as you're with us." Joey stated.

Lance nodded his head there was nothing else he could do. He didn't have enough energy to object. His body was worn out. He knew that he was probably letting this affect him a lot more than it should but he was so scared.

"You want to go lay down upstairs?" JC asked Lance.

"I…I want to stay down here with you guys." Lance said. He didn't want to be left alone right now. He was afraid of what would happen if he was.

"Ok. Do you want any thing to eat?"

"No. I'm not hungry."

"Lance you need to eat."

"JC, I don't…feel…well."

"Alright. Maybe later then." JC replied as him and the guys put in a funny movie; something to take Lance's mind off of his nightmare for a while.

Lance ended up falling asleep during the movie. It was about nine o'clock. Justin looked over and saw him sleeping.

"C?"

"Yeah Justin?"

"Should I wake up Scoop?" Justin asked.

"Nah. Leave him go. He needs the sleep." JC answered. Justin shrugged and got up from his place on the couch. The guys turned off all of the lights and went upstairs to bed. Unknown to them, someone was breaking in. The figure slipped in without a sound and you couldn't see the figure considering it was wearing black. It headed into the living room. It knew where what it wanted was. It would spy on him. The figure walked up to the sleeping Lance on the couch.

It pulled out a piece of duct tape from its bag and placed it over Lance's mouth to keep him screaming. Lance woke up and started screaming but you could hardly hear it since it muffled his voice. The figure pulled out a crow bar from the bad and hit Lance over the head with it. Lance was knocked unconscious and fell next to the couch on the floor. It put its items back into the bag and dragged Lance to the front door.

No one had woken up in the midst of all this that happened. That was the way this person intended it. The figure continued to drag Lance outside. When it reached the van it opened the back and lifted Lance inside. It would worry about tying Lance later because the part of the van he was in had no door handles or windows. It looked back at the house once more before driving away to its destination.

The four guys awoke the next morning only to find that Lance wasn't there. They searched all over the house and didn't see him anywhere. So now they were sitting in the kitchen trying not to think of the worst and where he might be.

"Maybe he went out for a walk?" Chris suggested.

"I doubt it. You saw how he was last night. I don't think he would go out by himself especially this soon." JC replied.

"What if that guy did come for him?" Justin asked.

"I…I don't know. If that guy did take Lance let's hope he didn't do anything to him." JC answered unsure himself if that happened but figured that must have been it.

"I'll go call the police and let them know." Joey said getting up from the chair he was sitting in. The room was silent while Joey was gone. He came back a few minutes later.

"They said they'll be looking into it but they can't do anything just yet since we're not sure if that guy really took Lance or not. They said to call back if we heard anything from the guy if he did in fact take him." Joey explained breaking the silence.

"That's a bunch of bullshit!" JC exclaimed. He started mumbling to himself what a bunch of idiots the cops are and cursed them up and down.

"Calm down. Ranting and raving doesn't help Lance one bit. You need to sit down and relax for a few minutes." Chris reasoned. JC stopped, letting what Chris said sink in and sat down next to him.

"You're right. This isn't helping."

"That guy took Lance I know it." Justin said.

Just then the phone rang. The four of them looked at each other. They didn't speak one word but had chosen who was going to answer the phone. It would be JC since he's the most responsible and able to keep his cool better.

JC got up and walked over to the phone. He picked it up.

"Hello?"


A/N:  This story is almost at a close. Just three more chapters. I hope you're enjoying it so far. Thanks to those who have reviewed.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki