In My Dreams by Leo


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The guys had been sitting in silence since JC was the last one to speak. The silence seemed comforting to everyone and no one wanted to break it. Lance had taken this opportunity of silence to close his eyes to try to get rid of his headache. Joey noticed this and decided to get him and the guys to leave Lance alone for a while.

"I'm going to go and watch a movie. Does anyone want to come with me?" Joey spoke up. Everyone seemed to snap out of their thoughts that they got lost in with the silence. Lance opened his eyes to look at the guys.

"I'll watch something with you." Justin said and soon after all the guys excepted Joey's offer except Lance but Joey wasn't really expecting Lance to watch the movie with them.

"I think I'm just going to lay here and try to get rid of my headache." Lance told everyone and they all nodded. One by one they filed out of the room all telling Lance to join them if his headache got better. Chris was the last one in the line and stopped at the doorframe to talk to Lance.

"You know if you ever want to talk I'm here for you. I'm always open to talking, that goes for the other guys as well." Chris said.

"I know. I promise that this will all make sense soon. I'm just…a little confused myself and need to straighten things out."

"I understand. I'm not sure JC understands though. I hope you know he means well. He's just worried about you we all are."

"I know and I understand JC. I've been a pain lately." Lance replied.

Chris chuckled lightly, "You haven't been that big a pain. Maybe a small pain but never a big pain. Well get some sleep and maybe you're headache will be gone. Good night." With that said Chris walked out Lance's room closing the door behind him to ensure Lance a good night's sleep.

"Night." Lance closed his heavy eyes and fell asleep almost immediately. Lance had a dream that he had really killed himself and he was seeing the life that his friends led. He watched them mourn his death. Then the dream warped into a few years later where Lance watched what their lives were like without him in it. They seemed so… distant. They weren't as good friends as they used to be when Lance was alive. They each seemed involved in their own life and not too worried about their friends'. Lance couldn't believe what he was seeing. What he was seeing was the strong bond that the five of them had together being broken apart. That wasn't the worse part. The worse part was the fact that since they weren't as close they didn't talk with each other which led to an early death for them. They had so many problems and no one to talk to that they died of heart attacks from all the stress they had with their problems.

Lance awoke with a start. He now realized that that was the reason why he was still living, because he had the friends that loved him and cared about him. Lance realized that they were just being good friends by stopping him. Lance had been mad at them before but after this dream that he had it was hard for him to be. He seemed to understand now that everyone on this earth has a purpose in life. Lance's was to be the one who listens and keeps his friends out of trouble. This is one of the things that was holding the bond with his best friends together. He decided to talk with someone and let them know what is going on before it becomes something Lance can't control anymore. It won't be too much longer before Lance loses control to what his subconscious tells him. Lance looked out the window and saw it was still dark. He decided to get more sleep all the while thinking about how he was going to tell someone.

Lance awoke early the next morning. Lance felt so much better than he had the previous night. He no longer had his headache. Lance rolled over on his side to see that the bed where JC usually slept was empty. Lance decided to go downstairs and start making breakfast for everyone. It wasn't that early. It was only seven in the morning and he knew the guys would be waking up soon. As soon as Lance made his bed he went downstairs without bothering to change out of his pajamas. The house was very still and quiet. Almost too quiet for Lance's liking.

Lance stuck his head into the living room and saw that this was where all of his friends fell asleep. He figured that they must have fallen asleep to the movie that they were watching. He walked into the kitchen and started making breakfast. It wasn't long before Joey and Chris with Justin joined him. Lance had finished cooking and was starting to set the table when they had come in.

"Morning." Lance said to them as he poured orange juice for everyone.

"Morning. Are you feeling better?" Joey asked.

"Yeah, I'm feeling a lot better now." Lance replied and the other guys smiled glad that Lance was getting better. "Well that about does it. Can someone go wake up Sleepy?"

"Sure thing Lance." Justin said. "You wanna help, Chris?"

"Absolutely." Chris answered and both of them went running into the living room. Joey and Lance followed just to see what Justin and Chris planned on doing to wake up JC. Justin and Chris were holding up fingers and counting to three. When they got to three they screamed, "JC, JC!! Wake up! The house is on fire!" JC jerked awake with his eyes wide thinking the house really was on fire but then looked around and saw all of his friends laughing at him. The one JC really noticed was Lance. JC smiled. It had been a long time since he'd seen Lance laugh like that.

"Guys that wasn't funny. What if the house was really on fire? You guys scared me half to death." JC complained. Justin and Chris just shrugged.

"That was the point. We were told to wake you, we weren't told how to do it." Justin said as he looked at Lance. Lance just smiled and shook his head.

"I had nothing to do with this." JC just shook his head and got up. All of them went into the kitchen and sat down at their normal spots. For an hour they caught up on a lot of things while eating their breakfast which they complimented Lance on. No one dared bring up last night or what happened. After breakfast the guys helped clean up and everyone went their separate ways. Lance went upstairs to take a shower after deciding that he really stunk. Joey and Justin decided to go play some pool in the basement. JC had decided to sit down and do his bills while Chris left to go food shopping with a list a mile long.

While Lance was in the shower he decided on whom he would tell about his `problem.' Lance had decided on Chris even though he knew that the guys would probably find out sooner or later he trusted Chris more not to tell his secret. So after his shower, Lance went looking for him only to realize that he wasn't there. Lance went to where JC was in the kitchen to ask him where Chris had gone.

"Jace, do you know where Chris went? I can't find him anywhere." Lance asked. JC took of his glasses and looked at Lance.

"Is there something you want to talk about because you know I can help?" JC said putting off Lance's question.

"Nah. I just wanted to ask him something." Lance lied; at least he was getting better at it or at least that's what he thought.

"Oh well he went food shopping." JC answered. Lance looked at his watch and saw that it was almost noon. Lance had no clue when Chris would be back and he wanted to talk now. Lance went back upstairs to his room to grab his car keys only to find that they weren't on the dresser where he had put them. Lance ran back downstairs and into the kitchen.

"What happened to my car keys? Did Chris take my car?" Lance asked.

JC sighed debating whether to lie to Lance or not. JC decided not to and said, "No Chris took his own car."

"Then where are my car keys?" Lance repeated with a sigh. He was growing agitated at JC for not telling him where they were.

"I have them." JC said looking up at Lance. Lance's face held a frown.

"Why would you have them? I mean, I don't care if you use my car I just would like it if you guys asked first."

"I have them because I don't know if I can trust you anymore." Lance stared at JC in shock and he continued on, "I cleared out all of the alcohol in this house and I don't want you to be able to drive and get some from a friend or anything like that. I just don't want a repeat of what happened last night." A heavy, thick silence fell over them. The silence was so thick you could cut it with a knife. JC thought that he was doing the right thing. He even got Chris's approval, which JC was surprised to get. Chris seemed to be taking Lance's side thru this whole thing and was shocked when he went against Lance.

Finally Lance spoke up breaking the silence. "Just because I made a stupid mistake doesn't mean I'm going to make it again. I'm not that stupid."

JC sighed. "I didn't mean it that way. I just think that you shouldn't go anywhere before I can trust you again."

"Fine if I can't drive then I'm going to walk." Lance replied heading toward the door. He stopped abruptly and said, "You're not going to hold me under house arrest."

JC jumped out of his chair and caught up with Lance. "Yes I am. You aren't going anywhere, not until I can trust you."

Lance was becoming flushed with anger and had to bite his tongue so he wouldn't say something to hurt JC's feelings. Lance knew that there was no point in arguing with JC. Lance knew that there was no way that JC would let him out without JC or the others going with him. Lance decided to go upstairs away from JC before he said something he didn't really mean. He left with a frustrated sigh.

Lance angrily grabbed his cell phone off of the nightstand and dialed Chris's number but then heard his phone shut off. Lance angrily tossed the phone back on the nightstand.

"I can't believe I forgot to charge it." He said to himself. Lance wanted to call Chris and tell him what a pain in the ass JC was being. Lance just figured he'd tell Chris later while he was telling him everything else. After thinking everything over for an hour Lance decided that what JC was doing was wrong and that he was going to go out even without his permission. Lance opened the window. It just so happened that his window was facing the backyard and that made it easier for Lance to leave. Lance crawled out the window and jumped into the yard landing a little hard on his foot but shrugged it off as nothing.

Lance managed to sneak out of the house and backyard. He looked back at the house and got this feeling in his stomach that told him he should be in there but his subconscious wouldn't let him go back to the house. His subconscious had completely taken over after Lance had failed in reaching Chris on his phone. JC putting him under house arrest was the last straw and a new Lance submerged. Lance didn't care really where he was going; he just wanted to get away from that house. The new Lance had told him not to care about anyone any more and he didn't. He suddenly felt anger toward his friends that he had never felt before. He could explain it. Lance neared the city while limping on his bad foot that he landed on.

The first thing Lance saw was one of the local bars. Lance was hungry but heard that alcohol could be filling at times. He was about to walk in when he heard what he thought sounded like voices of concerned friends that seemed so far off. Lance shrugged them off as nothing. Now that his new self was in control there was no going back to the old Lance. Lance had stayed until the wee hours of the morning drinking. When Lance finally decided to leave he stood up and almost fell over. He was wasted. Lance came out of the bar and realized that it was still dark out. Lance thought he heard something down in the alley next to the bar and walked back there to check it out.

Lance saw that it was just a group of kids that looked like they were part of a gang. He wasn't worried though. The old Lance might have but this one wasn't. He tried to walk thru them in a straight line but failed miserably. He ended up banging into one kid and the kid wasn't happy. Lance looked over at him and saw from a small light that the back of the bar provided that the kid looked no older than 16, had brown eyes, and small pieces of brown hair sticking out of his backwards baseball cap. The kid's eyes were fierce. The kid pushed Lance and his buddies stepped aside to let Lance fall to the ground.

Lance tried to get up but failed miserably. He was to drunk to hold him self up let along pull himself off the ground. All of the kids took turns punching Lance and beating his head off the ground sufficiently leaving Lance unconscious. Lance lay there with a gash on the back of his head that was bleeding pretty badly. The boys left him where he lay to die.


A/N:  I hope you enjoyed that. Thanks to you guys for reviewing. It really means a lot.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki