What Is Love? by Sassy Spacey


Number of reviews: 17
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
***Got some more time, so decided to add another chapter. Anyway, I hope who ever is reading this enjoys it, Let me know what you think***
Chapter 22: The Ultrasound

Soon enough Justin had been back at work for about a week. Traci started her job again, only working part time. She decided to take the day off today, since she had her doctor’s appointment that day, though Justin went in and would come home in time to pick her up and head out. She was sitting in the living room going over some work stuff, when JC walked into the living room. She tried her best to stay concentrated on her work, as he sat down and turned on the TV.

She sighed “Do you mind?” she asked

He looked at her “Justin has an office, work in there” Josh said simply as he flipped through the channels.

Traci rolled her eyes and reached over and took the remote from him, shutting off and she tossed it.

Josh looked at her “You’re so immature” he said

She stuck her tongue out at him, he rolled his eyes

“So…are we jus not gonna talk about it?” JC asked

“Nope” Traci said as she looked through some papers

“Traci …please” JC started

“JC…I told you” she said “He’s not gonna know”

“Why not?” he asked

“Because…I want it this way” Traci said “I’ve accepted it…you don’t like it…leave”

Josh looked at her, he was in shock. How could she act like this? Before he had time to say anything, the front door opened.

“Traci!” Justin called

“In here!” Traci called back

She put her papers away as Justin walked into the living room. He saw JC and Traci sitting on the couch.

“Hey, what’s going on?” Justin asked

“Nothing” Traci said, she got her stuff packed

“You ready?” he asked

She nodded and held her hands out to him

“Help me” she pouted

He smiled and pulled her up, she stood up

“Do you have to pee?” he asked “Because I’m not stopping”

She rolled her eyes and laughed. JC went to pick up the remote that was on the floor. Justin watched Traci walk towards the bathroom and laughed. Then he looked back at JC.

“So…what’s up?” Justin asked

JC shook his head “Nothing” he said

“Do anything exciting?” Justin asked

JC shook his head no; he had taken 2 weeks off. So he’d been off all week as well as the week before.

“We might go shopping after the appointment so you may be on your own for dinner” Justin said

“Okay” JC said and scanned the channels

Justin tried to think of something to say to him, but nothing came to mind. Then Traci walked into the room eating a granola bar.

“Ready?” she asked

Justin and JC turned to look at her and she froze.

“What?” she asked her eyes moving from JC’s to Justin’s

JC turned back to the TV, and Justin shook his head

“Nothing” he said “Ready?” he asked

Traci nodded. Justin grabbed her hand as they got into Justin’s car and headed towards the doctors. They got here and waited in the waiting room for about 15 minutes before Traci was called in. She went in the room and sat on the table with Justin’s help and he sat in the chair in the corner. Her doctor came in with her clip board.

“Traci …how are you?” Dr. Louis asked

“Fine” Traci said “Fat”

Dr. Louis laughed and looked at Justin who shook his head.

“I tried to tell her” Justin said, holding up his hands in defeat

Dr. Louis smiled “Well, lets do your usual tests, then we’ll do the ultrasound…that okay?” she asked

Traci nodded. They spent a half hour doing the different tests then the doctor went to get the stuff for the ultrasound while Traci laid on her back on the table. Justin stood next to her holding her hand.

“Normal weight” he chinned

She pouted “Doesn’t feel normal” she replied

He smiled and kissed her hand lightly. Dr. Louis came back with the machine and some jelly.

“Are we ready?” she asked

Traci nodded. Dr. Louis lifted Traci’s shirt and put the jelly on her stomach and turned off the lights. Dr. Louis turned on the machine, and adjusted the screen so that everyone could see it. You could hear the small beating of the heart in the air, and Justin turned to Traci and smiled.

“There’s the heart beat” Dr. Louis said, and looked at the screen “Alright…let’s see”

She did more searching as Traci and Justin looked on.

“Okay…looks like the head here” Dr. Louis announced “And it’s thumb in its mouth” she moved it around a little bit “You want to know the sex?” she asked

Traci nodded; she already had tears in her eyes as she looked at the screen.

“Yes we would” Justin announced

“Okay” Dr. Louis said moving it and smiled

“Looks like a little girl” Dr. Louis announced.

With that tears drained down her cheeks, Justin smiled and rubbed her head.

“Everything looks good, let me print you some pictures, and make another appointment for you” Dr Louis said “You can go ahead and whip off the jell”
Dr. Louis messed with the machine while Justin sat Traci up and whipped her stomach off. Justin smiled and kissed her head, and whipped her cheeks.

“Can you print 2 extra ones?” Traci asked “For our parents”

“Sure” Dr. Louis said with a smile

A few minutes later, Justin and Traci headed back towards the car. Traci was clutching the envelope as they drove towards the mall. Justin watched her and smiled. He reached over and took one of her hands putting it into his.

“You okay?” he asked

She looked at him and smiled brightly

“I’m great” she replied “I can’t wait to show my parents”

Justin grinned “Yea, my moms gonna be excited too” he said

Traci smiled and turned tp face him and leaned over and kissed his cheek.

“Now we can pick out furniture and even baby names” Traci squealed

Justin laughed. They pulled into the mall parking lot, and parked then headed towards the mall entrance, hand in hand. They window shopped a little bit while talking.

“Did you tell Jace we weren’t coming home right away?” she asked

Justin nodded “Yea, didn’t seem phased by it” he said

“Maybe he’ll be okay when he heads back to work” Traci said

Justin shrugged. Traci then squealed and dragged Justin into a baby store. Traci bought some books about pregnancy and a baby name book along with some baby clothes and they looked over some furniture. Then they headed over to Chilies and ate before heading back to the house. Justin pulled into the drive way, and noticed JC’s car was gone.

“Must’ve gone out” Justin said

Traci got out and waited for Justin to unlock the front door.

“Are you working this weekend?” she asked him

Justin shrugged “Not that I know of” he replied

Traci sighed, that meant there was always a chance he could go in.

“What about Jace?” Traci asked

“I don’t know” Justin said

They made their way up the stairs to the master bedroom. Traci sat on the edge of the bed, and struggled with her shoes. Justin watched her and smiled.

“Need help?” he asked

She looked at him “No” she pouted “Maybe I should get some slip-ons and wear those from now on” she laughed

He started to peel out of his clothes, throwing them into the hamper. Traci got up and did the same putting on one of Justin’s over sized t-shirts, and un-did the covers.

“We should get frames and send those pictures out” Traci said

She climbed into bed, reaching over to grab her book bag she brought up the stairs with her.

“Alright” Justin said putting his reading glasses on

Traci immediately opened the baby names book and was reading through the ones that she liked, as Justin went over work stuff. They spent an hour doing that when Traci rolled over to fall asleep with Justin close behind her. Neither hearing JC come in at dawn.


*&*Traci*&*

Comments??? Questions???


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki