Papa Don't Preach by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 29
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


            JC sighed as he got up to an empty bed, glad that he didn’t have to face his wife. He’d come home late after a night with the guys and somehow managed to slip into bed without Marie waking up, so he’s avoided the conversation. He didn’t know how to tell her what Lance had suggested, so instead he thought he’d wait for the perfect opportunity, or the right time. But that was not what he was going to get.

            “Well? What happened last night?” Marie asked as he trudged downstairs for a cup of coffee. JC sighed and walked over to his wife, giving her a peck on the cheek.

            “And morning to you too. Yes, I slept well, you?” he asked.

            “Good morning honey, I slept fine thank you. Now how was last night?” Marie asked, not wanting to miss a beat before she had to head off to work.

            “It was good, we got to catch up,” JC said, still avoiding the subject. He leaned over his wife and flicked the coffee machine on. “What did you get up to last night?”

            “Oh you know, just the usual. Did some work, watched a movie, went to bed,” Marie said eyeing her husband suspiciously, she knew something was up. “What about you boys?”

            “Oh you know,” JC said matching her words. “Just the usual, the game, a few drinks. Nothing special.” He shrugged and reached above them to take out two mugs. “Coffee?”

            “What aren’t you telling me Joshua?” Marie asked point-blank ignoring the request for coffee.

            “Nothing hun, you worry too much,” JC replied laughing nervously and hugging his wife.

            “Really? Then how come you seem to avoiding the topic of last night?” Marie asked crossing her arms across her chest and looking sternly at JC.

            “I’m not, I told you what happened,” he said nervously trying to distract himself from her gaze. He really didn’t want to discuss it with her, not now anyways.

            “Yes but you missed out a key factor, Joey,” Marie replied raising an eyebrow at him. JC sighed, and realized he’d have to tell her.

            “What about Joey?” he asked easing into things a bit more casually as they waited for the coffee.

            “How are he and Kelly handling this?” Marie asked JC sighed, knowing what she was referring to.

            “Fine, they’re great,” JC said, which was true, he didn’t know much else.

            “And did you tell the others?” Marie drilled. JC sighed and rolled his eyes, she was like a bloody drill sergeant today. “Joshua?”

            “What? Yes okay we told the others!” JC snapped getting annoyed with her questions, if he didn’t want to talk about it he didn’t have to. The coffee machine clicked off and JC reached over to pour himself a shaky cup of coffee.

            “You don’t need to snap, I was just asking!” Marie snapped back, “And what did they say?”

            “Nothing okay? They were just sympathetic to the whole situation, especially Lance. I mean what do you expect them to say?” JC asked angrily grabbing his cup and walking to the table, Marie followed closely behind him.

            “What do you mean especially Lance?” Marie wanted to know; JC sighed and turned to look at his wife as they sat down.

            “Well...” JC began unsure of what to say. “Lance was really sympathetic to the whole situation, he said he got it and offered to help raise the baby until Bree and Bryce were ready.”

            “What?” Marie asked, wondering if she’d heard right. She knew Lance was nice, but this was, wow.

            “But Joe and I said we’d have to talk to you and Kel, and the kids first,” JC added quickly so that she wouldn’t get angry. Marie smiled and put a hand on her husbands.

            “That was really nice of him to offer,” Marie said, and JC looked at her in shock.

            “You’re not mad?” he asked bewildered at his wife’s reaction, Marie shook her head a no.

            “No I’m not Joshua, I just think we should wait and se what the Fatones say first and talk to Bryce about the option,” Marie said softly and JC nodded.

            “But what about you? What do you think?” JC asked curiously.

            “I think it was good of Lance, and if it came to that then yes. I think we should give the baby to Lance and Anne until the kids are older, but we have to talk to the kids first,” Marie replied, JC took a deep breath in, relieved that she was taking it so calmly.

            “So when do you want to talk to Bryce?” JC asked, and Marie shrugged.

            “I really don’t know Joshua. He’s pretty angry, I’m angry, we’re all angry. I think we need to cool down a bit, but it will be soon I promise. I think we should call Joey and Kelly first though and talk this through with them, the sooner the better,” Marie replied, JC nodded in agreement.

            “Okay I’ll call Joe tonight and arrange something,” he said and Marie nodded.

            “Good. And I’ll get Bryce to be there, so try and get Joe to get Bree there too. I have to go to work now, but don’t forget yeah?” Marie asked getting up and kissing him on the cheek.

            JC smiled and shook his head, “I won’t, have a good day hun.” She smiled in response and let him kiss her on the lips.

            “Bye,” she whispered.

            “Bye,” he said back and watched her leave for work. Once she was gone he let out a sigh of relief, he didn’t expect that to happen. He had to remember to call Lance and thank him, thank him for making his wife sane.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki