Papa Don't Preach by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 29
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


            JC sat nervously at the table waiting for Bryce to come down stairs. He wondered how to talk to his son now, because the last time... Well it had been a disaster. He was about to give up when he heard the shuffling of footsteps down the stairs.

            “Bryce?” JC called to his son. The footsteps paused for a second before continuing into the kitchen where JC was.

            “Dad?” Bryce replied not looking up from his shoes.

            “Are you going out?” JC asked, although it was obvious he was with his backpack on his shoulders.

            “Um, yeah. I was just going to the library to study,” Bryce replied still not looking at his father.

            “Well sit for a bit, I want to talk to you,” JC said gesturing to the open seat next to him. Bryce nodded and sat next to his father. “I talked with your mother a while ago, she called from work.”
            “Yeah?” Bryce asked, his eyes were hazed with fear at to what his mother said.

            “Yes, she asked me to talk to you about something,” JC replied looking at his son with soft eyes.

            “What would that be?” Bryce asked cautiously. JC sighed and looked into his son’s eyes.

            “I talked to your Uncle Lance yesterday about the baby,” JC began and Bryce’s face fell.

            “You did? Thanks a lot dad,” Bryce said trying not to get angry but he didn’t succeed to well.

            “Yes I did, so did Uncle Joey. And Lance suggested something that you maybe interested in, and that’s what your mother asked me to ask you about,” JC said, his son looked at him with curiosity.

            “Well it’s none of his business,” Bryce stated and JC nodded in understanding.

            “I know it isn’t, but just hear me out okay? I think it’s quite a good idea,” JC said trying to calm his son. Bryce nodded and looked at his father.

            “Okay, what did he suggest dad?” Bryce asked looking at JC expectantly.

            “Well, he and your Aunt Anne offered to raise the baby for you and Bree until you two were able to take care of it yourselves. Now, you don’t need to say yes or anything, I’m just saying this is an option for you, if that’s what the two of you want to do. If not we’ll just tell Lance, thank you but no,” JC said quickly before Bryce to argue.

            “But dad, it’s a nice thought for him to offer. But what about the baby? Would it know who I am even? Or would Uncle Lance and Aunt Anne just let it believe they were the parents and not Bree and I?” Bryce asked a bit scared at the idea.

            “No, from what Lance said, he and Anne would raise the child but it would always address you and Bree as its parents,” JC explained to his son. “I don’t think it’s a bad idea, neither does your mom. But it’s all up to you and Bree.”
            “Does Bree know about this?” Bryce asked next and JC shrugged.

            “I don’t know, her parents were supposed to tell her today. So yes, maybe by the end of the day she’ll know. But you may want to wait until she calls you to talk to her about it,” JC suggested and Bryce nodded.

            “Okay dad, thanks,” Bryce said and got up. “I need to go study now is that okay? I have a project coming up and I need to get some research done.”

            JC nodded and got up to hug his son. “Yeah it’s okay. Go, but be sure to get home before your mom at six, you’re still grounded remember.”

            Bryce nodded and smiled at his dad. “Yeah dad I will. By the way, I think it’s a good idea, what Uncle Lance suggested, I just hope Bree goes for it too or else I don’t know what we’ll do,” Bryce said, and JC grinned as his son turned and left the house to go to the library. Bryce was growing up, maybe a baby was something he needed to help him grow up, just a little bit anyways.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki