Papa Don't Preach by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 29
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
okay guys here is the update.. sorry to keep you waiting!!
            The next morning the sun had just come up and Joey yawned. He slowly climbed out of bed and took a nice long shower before retreating down stairs where he could the mummer of voices that belonged to his wife and daughter.
            He frowned as he glanced in the mirror and saw the worry lines all over his face. He was getting old, but he supposed the recent events didn’t help much. He straightened up and took a breath in as he headed down the stairs to the kitchen.
            “If it’s what you want Bree,” he heard Kelly’s voice saying and he sighed. Bree hadn’t changed her mind, but if it was what made her happy then he would go with it.
            “It is mom,” Bree’s voice said as he got closer. “Do you think dad will be okay with it?”
            “I’m fine as long as you’re happy,” Joey said with a smile as he walked into the kitchen and hugging his daughter who smiled at him.
            “Thanks dad,” Bree whispered hugging her father back; Joey nodded and glanced at his wife.
            “Kel?” he asked concerned and Kelly sighed.
            “I’m okay with it, if it’s what Bree wants. But what about college?” Kelly asked and Joey shrugged.
            “I guess…” Joey began but was cut off by Bree.
            “Dad, I can still go,” she said looking up at her father, “I’ll just go after the baby is old enough.”
            “And what about Bryce?” Joey asked his daughter softly looking at her, “I don’t know what the Chasez’s would think.”
            “We can talk to them,” Kelly replied stepping over and kissing her husband on the cheek. “I’ll call Jayce and Marie right now and tell them our decision.”
            “Okay yeah,” Joey said with a nod, “But tell them our decision is final and we’re going ahead with it. They can let us know their decision once they’ve made it. I’ll go call Lance.”
 
            Meanwhile, at the same time over at JC’s place, JC got out of bed slowly and yawned. He checked his watch and realized it was way too early, but he was up so decided to make the best of it. He took a quick shower and then headed down the stairs for a cup of coffee to start his day.
            As he entered the kitchen Bryce was sitting at the table with a bowl of cereal in front of his, but not really eating it.
            “Hey Bryce, where’s your mother?” JC asked walking over to the coffee machine and turning it on.
            “Hey dad,” Bryce said in a small voice, “Can I talk to you for a bit?” JC stopped what he was doing and nodded as he walked over and sat at the table with his son.
            “What’s up buddy?” JC asked smiling at his son, but his smile disappeared with the look he saw on his son’s face.
            “I’ve been thinking a lot about Bree and the baby,” Bryce whispered, “But I don’t know what mom will say.”
            “Say about what son?” JC asked Bryce with intense eyes; Bryce sighed and looked up at his dad.
            “I think it’ll be best if I ask Bree to marry me, so we can be a family,” Bryce said and JC nodded in consideration of the idea.
            “Is it what you want?” JC asked and Bryce nodded, “What about school son?”
            “I would still go, and then after the baby is born Bree can go and I’ll stay at home,” Bryce said, “I can work from home dad, like you.” JC looked at his son and smiled. He’d grown up a lot in the past few days.
            “I think it’s a good idea, you’re doing the right thing,” JC said to his son with a nod. Bryce looked up in shock to his dad.
            “Are you sure? I mean what if…” Bryce began but his father cut him off.
            “No son,” JC said shaking his head, “You’ve definitely thought about this, I can tell and you’re a smart kid. I believe you’re making the right choice.”
            “I think so too dad,” Bryce said finally after a while, “I mean I thought about the other options, with Uncle Lace being involved, but I don’t think they should be burdened with this. And we can work it out, we can make it work.” Bryce looked up to his dad with pleading eyes and JC nodded.
            “I think you’re mom will be proud of your decision. She may be a bit upset because of the schooling aspect, but as long as you plan on going to school then I think it’ll be okay,” JC assured his son and Bryce smiled.
            “I still wanna go to school dad,” Bryce said, “I need to other wise I can’t provide for my kid, and I’ll explain that to Bree and I’m sure she’ll be okay with it.”
            “Okay son,” JC said putting a hand on his son’s arm, “What ever you want.”
 
            “Well, I don’t know,” Marie said into her phone as JC called her later to tell her what he and Bryce had talked about.
            “Marie come on,” JC said, “I mean even you have to admit, he’s thought it out.”
            “Yeah I know,” Marie said leaning back on her chair and running her fingers through her hair out of nerves. “But what about school? I still want him to go to college, he got into Yale, and that’s something you don’t just pass up Joshua.”
            “I know baby,” JC said in a softer tone. “And he’s thought about that too. He suggested that he go to school first, and once he’s finished the baby will be old enough for him to stay at home and then Bree can go to school.”
            “But do you think Juilliard will accept that?” Marie asked concerned for Bree’s future.
            “Honey, her uncles and her dad were part of the biggest music phenomenon in music history, I don’t think they’ll mind,” JC said softly, and Marie laughed.
            “Don’t let it get to your head,” Marie said with a chuckle, “Besides, what do you think Joe and Kelly will think?”
            “I think they’ll like the idea,” JC said with a firm nod. “You know them, happy as long as the kids are.”
            “I know,” Marie said closing her eyes and taking a deep breath in, “I just hope everything works out, for the sake of the kids.” She heard JC chuckle at the end of the line.
            “It will sweetie, it will,” he said, “Bryce and Bree will get married and have the baby, after that they can each go to school but in their own time.”
            “I just hope Lance doesn’t mind,” Marie replied and JC sighed.
            “He won’t,” JC said, “He’ll be okay with it, trust me.” And she did.
 
            “Hey Joe,” Lance said as he pulled up to Joey’s house to pick him up for work. “How’re things?” Joey smiled at his friend as he climbed into the car.
            “Hey Lance,” Joey said buckling himself in, “Things are going good, I think we’re going to be okay.”
            “Yeah?” Lance asked as he pulled out of the drive way, “Did you guys decide what you were going to do with the baby?”
            “I think Bree wants to keep it,” Joey said and Lance gave a nod of understanding. “And as long as she’s happy…”
            “Yeah I know where you’re coming from,” Lance finished, “I think it’s the best thing, kids should be raised by their parents.” Joey looked at his friend with a smile.
            “Are you okay with that?” Joey asked and Lance shrugged as he turned a corner.
            “It’s not me who has to be happy Joe. I was just offering to help you out. But as long as Bree’s happy with what she’s decided then I’m cool,” Lance replied and Joey nodded.
            “Thanks man,” Joey said with a smile and they drove in silence for a while before either one spoke. “So are we getting together tonight at C’s place?”
            “Yeah I think so,” Lance replied with a nod, “Well that’s the message I got from J this morning on my voice mail, so I guess so. You going to tell them?”
            “I think so,” Joey said considering it, “But I’ll see what Jayce says first.”
            “How is Jayce doing in all this?” Lance asked as he turned into the parking lot of the set and Joey sighed.
            “He’s okay,” Joey replied, “He, Marie and Bryce have to work out their own issues with this then get back to us. But Kel did call Jayce and he said he wanted to get together tonight before we go to C’s and talk about it.”
            “That’d be good,” Lance said turning off the car, “So I guess you won’t need a ride then?” Lance looked at Joey with a raised eyebrow who shook his head.
            “Nope, I’ll catch a ride with Jayce,” Joey replied and Lance nodded and they both unbuckled themselves and got out of the car.
            “Good,” Lance said with a smile, “It’s good to know you guys are working through this.”
            “Yeah it is,” Joey replied as they walked out towards the makeup trailers. “It’s a very good thing.”
 
            It was later that night and at the Fatone home two families gathered. Both the Chasez’s and the Fatone’s sat together, neither side uttering a word at what had just been proposed. In the center of the white living room, with one knee on the sprinkling white carpet Bryce Chasez knelt and in one hand he held a small box.
            “Brianna Fatone, will you marry me?” Bryce asked again after Bree stood speechless for a few minutes. Yes, she loved Bryce, but she wasn’t sure if she was ready for this. But maybe it would be the best thing, to accept the proposal so that the baby could have a family. “Bree?” Bryce whispered again and Bree looked at him with a smile.
            “Why not?” She replied and saw the look on Bryce’s face change into a grin. “Yes, I will.” Bryce nodded and took the small but beautiful ring out of the box in his hand and placed it on her finger. Then he wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her into the air, it was a split image of what JC would have done.
            “Thank you,” Bryce whispered in Bree’s ear so that only the two of them could hear. After a few seconds he placed her back on the ground and looked at the parents.
            “Congrats guys,” Joey said being the first one to speak as he stood up and hugged first his daughter then Bryce.
            “Thanks dad,” Bree replied with a smile. A smile that no one had seen in a while, and you could tell she was truly happy.
            “Yeah, congratulations son,” JC said, he too now got up and hugged his son. He was soon followed in suit by the two mothers, and soon there was a round of congratulations.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki