Papa Don't Preach by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 29
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


            When JC woke up the house was eerily quiet and he sighed relief because he knew that his wife had gone to work today and he wouldn’t have to deal with her yelling and screaming at their son.

            He got up and stretched himself out as he made his way to the bathroom and took a shower. Once he was done he began to make his way downstairs and have a good cup of coffee then get to work working on some songs.

            Just as JC was pouring himself a cup of hot coffee the phone rang, he sighed and reluctantly picked it up.

            “Yeah?” he asked stirring some sugar into his coffee.

            “Hey Jayce, what crack-a-lacking man?” Chris’ very energetic and friendly voice came over the phone, JC smiled at the sound of his friend’s voice.

            “So you’re back from LA I gather?” JC said as he sat at the table to drink his coffee and talk to his friend.

            “Yup, and ready to partay!” Chris called from the other end, obviously oblivious to the dramas in JC’s life. “What about you dude? What’s up?”

            “Well…” JC began wondering if he should bother Chris with his problems, the last thing his friend needed was to hear about how JC son had knocked up Joey’s daughter. “I’m doing good.”

            “Nice man, and the family?” Chris asked and JC nodded in reply, then realized Chris couldn’t see him.

            “They’re doing good too,” JC replied and heard Chris ahh from his end.

            “Sweet, it must be nice huh? To come home to a family everyday and all that?” Chris asked, and JC smiled.

            “Yeah, except I don’t come home everyday I work from here remember?” JC asked and Chris laughed.

            “Dude, we need to get you out more,” Chris chuckled and JC laughed with him.

            “Not a chance,” he replied with a smile.

            “Hell yeah and tonight will be the first big step,” Chris replied.

            “So I gather we’re still on for tonight?” JC asked.

            “Yup, unless of course the wife has something else planned?” Chris asked his tone rising suspiciously.

            “No she knows tonight is boys night, besides we all need to catch up. We’ve been apart way too long,” JC replied laughing.

            “You can say that again. Man it feels like forever we were just Nsync you know? Now we’re.. Well we’re not,” Chris said agreeing with his friend.

            “Yeah now we’re just five regular guys who get together once in a while to talk about their glory days,” JC replied chuckling.

            “Well, you lot are all regular guys I’m a big time producer now remember?” Chris asked laughing in agreement.

            “Oh yeah I forgot, you’re that big huh?” JC joked and Chris nodded from his end.

            “Yup, just finished work with a major Grammy nominated artist,” Chris said as he settled to talk shop.

            “That’s cool dude,” JC replied and glanced at his watch. He frowned as he realized how late it actually was. “Shit dude, sorry for cutting this short but I got to bolt and get some work done if I’m gonna come over tonight, your place right?”

            “It’s ok, yeah my place, the only place WITHOUT kids or wives running around,” Chris chuckled.

            “Hey we have teenagers, not kids,” JC protested in good humour but Chris just laughed.

            “No, you and Joe have teenagers the other two have kids. Anyways, just make sure you’re here by seven there’s a game on tonight,” Chris replied laughing.

            “Whose playing?” JC asked and Chris sighed.

            “Like I know, I’ll have to check. But let me let you go, check ya later dude,” Chris replied.

            “Yeah later,” JC answered and waited for Chris’ reply but his friend just hung up. “Great dude, nice manners you got there.” JC smiled to himself at the thought of his friends and got up to get to work. It would be a long day.

 

            Joey yawned, then stretched, then rolled over to his side to see if Kelly was still asleep, she wasn’t. He frowned and wondered if she’d gotten up and left for work, but the thoughts were quickly removed from his head when he heard a loud bang come from downstairs.

            “Great,” Joey mumbled and slowly got out of bed, he checked the time on the clock and rolled his eyes. Seven am? Was she kidding? He yawned again and slowly made his way downstairs to the kitchen where Kelly was bent over the sink taking in huge breaths of air.

            “Hey hun,” Joey mumbled walked up behind her and giving her a quick peck on the cheek, “Everything okay? I heard a bang.”

            “Hey Joe, no everything’s not okay. That bang was your daughter leaving for school,” Kelly stated and turned to face her husband, she had bags under her eyes and Joey knew she hadn’t slept at all last night.

            “Rough night huh?” Joey asked and Kelly raised an eyebrow.

            “Yeah, didn’t you hear me? I made quite a racket so I came down here an hour ago to make coffee when your daughter came down and gave me attitude,” Kelly replied and sniffled a yawn.

            “She did huh? Damn, she must be taking all this harder than we thought,” Joey replied kissing his wife on the lips.

            “You can say that again. Do you want some breakfast?” Kelly asked wriggling away from Joey’s grip and moving over to the coffee machine. Joey sighed, he was up now right? Why  not?

            “Sure, what you making?” He asked, “Need any help?”

            “Um, how about bacon and eggs and a good cup of coffee?” Kelly asked putting the coffee on and walking over to the fridge.

            “Sure, you don’t need any help?” Joey asked and Kelly shook her head. Joey let out a sigh of relief and trudged over to the table and sat down. “So what’s the plan for today?”

            “Well, I don’t know about you but I have to go to work,” Kelly said not looking back at her husband as she prepared the breakfast.

            “Are you sure you’ll be able to work with this hanging over your head?” Joey asked raising an eyebrow and Kelly nodded, turning to face him.

            “Yeah, I’ll be okay I guess. It’ll help me keep my mind off it for a while you know?” Kelly said and Joey looked at her.

            “I guess, but I can help you with that,” He smiled at her suggestively and she laughed.

            “Thank you but no, I’ve really got to go in. We’re starting a new project today and I need to be there to give the team their assignments, besides don’t you have rehearsal today? What time’s Lance getting here?” Kelly asked.

            Joey checked his watch, “Fuck I forgot. Um, in about, shit, thirty minutes? And we’re not rehearsing we’re shooting today.”

            “Ahh, so they finally got it out of the woodworks huh?” Kelly asked, although she knew this already. She scooped up the eggs and bacon onto a plate and poured Joey some coffee before setting it down in front of him.

            “Yup. Thanks hun it looks great,” Joey said digging in as Kelly sat down next to him. He looked at his wife, “You’re not eating?”

            “Nope, I really don’t have an appitite after yesterday you know?” Kelly replied and Joey nodded in response, yeah he could see that.

            “Oh okay,” Joey replied and his wife smiled.

            “Yeah anyways, I’m going to head on up and take a shower then go, you’ll put turn the dishwasher on before you leave yeah?” Kelly asked standing up and Joey nodded.

            “Yeah sure, don’t worry about it,” Joey replied and kissed his wife. “I’m gonna come up and have shower too once I’m done here then get my stuff together before Lance gets here, he’s always on time it’s annoying.” Kelly laughed at her husband’s statement, as funny as it was it was true. Lance always turned up on time and it was Joey who always made them late, it was a habbit they’d both picked up from their days in Nsync.

            “Yeah I know, but today you have time and be at work on time,” Kelly said and headed up the stairs.

            “Hey! Come say bye when you’re leaving!” Joey called after her as he stuffed some more eggs into his mouth.

            “Sure!” Kelly called back, after a few seconds Joey heard the shower go on and shrugged. He finished his breakfast, cleaned up and headed back up the stairs. Time for work.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki