Butterfly by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 15
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
This is just a little bit, but it's worth it's own chapter...

“Mr Chasez?” An older man, with grey hair asked looking at JC with curiosity. JC nodded and stood up, straightening out his jacket he extended his hand out to the man.

“Yeah that’d be me, you can call me Josh,” JC said shaking the older man’s hand.

“Hi Josh, I’m Joel Patty, Private Investigator. Mr Wright called me informing me that you were in need of my services?” Mr Patty asked and JC nodded.

“Yes, shall we sit down?” JC asked gesturing to the empty seat next to him.

“Sure thing, so what is it that you require my services for?” Mr Patty asked sitting down and taking out a not book to make notes in.

“Well, Mr Patty…” JC began but Mr. Patty cut in.

“Call me Joel, Mr Patty’s my dad,” he said with a sheepish smile, JC nodded and continued.

“Well, Mr Patty, um Joel, I need you to find someone for me,” JC said shyly not knowing how to phrase himself. Mr. Patty, um, Joel, smiled.

“And is this someone a relative?” Joel asked writing something down. JC nodded.

“Yes, in fact I’d like you to find my daughter,” JC said and Joel looked up and raising an eyebrow at JC.

“Well, I never figured...” he began and JC smiled.

“Yeah, not many people do. A lot of people don’t know that I have a child,” JC said, “I tend to keep my private life very private.” Joel nodded in understanding.

“And what would her name be?” he asked looking back down at his paper.

“Alexandra Kylie Chasez, or it might be Pitter, her last name, it was her mother’s,” JC said recalling his ex-wife.

“And her name would be? The mother,” Joel asked writing down what JC had just said.

“Laney. Laney Anna Pitter,” JC replied nervously as he remembered the details.

“And your daughter would be how old now?” Joel asked writing still.

“She will be sixteen next spring, on March the twenty-first,” JC said smiling at how old his little girl would be.

“Ah, a spring baby,” Joel commented looking up to catch a glimpse of joy in JC’s eyes, “My daughter was born in spring too.”

“What else do you need to know?” JC asked wanted to get this over and done with quickly so the search could begin.

“Well let’s see,” Joel said flicking through the notes. “I’ll need all of your daughter’s information, as well as your wife’s. That includes medicals, birth certificates and your marriage certificates. A picture could also be useful so we can do a picture update on our system to see if we can age the pictures to see what they may look like now. Oh yes, and why did you say you and your wife divorced?”

“I didn’t,” JC said not remembering, “How did you know we divorced?”

“Oh a wild guess, the good ones usually are. If you don’t want to talk about it, it’s fine. Although it may help with the case,” Joel said not wanting to pressure JC into anything.

“No, it okay. If it’ll help the case,” JC said and Joel nodded. “Well, Laney had a bit of a drinking issue which she could never control, so I left her. I was supposed to come by the next day after the hearing to pick up Alexandra, but when I got to the house they weren’t there.”

“She took the child out of state? Even though you’d won the custody hearing?” Joel asked raising an eyebrow and JC nodded.

            “Yeah, the court knew it was illegal and even set out a warrant for her, but nothing,” JC said, “They sort of disappeared.”

            “I’m really sorry Josh,” Joel said sympathetically.

            “It’s okay. So you think we’ve got a chance?” JC asked with hope, Joel nodded and smiled at him.

            “Yes, we’ll give it our best shot,” he replied, and he hoped they did, because Josh really needed it.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki