Scrabble by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
This was just an idea i got. it's finished and there won't be any additions. Just a bit of fun really, enjoy!

            It’s a quiet, rainy night and the stars are not out. On this gloomy night, five men sit at a long coffee table, each with a beer in his hand and seven letters. Yes, they’re playing scrabble.

            “Jayce, that ain’t in the dictionary,” Lance says looking at the word JC has decided to place on the board. JC shrugs and stares at Lance with a steady gaze.

            “It is,” JC replies, no argument allowed.

            “No it’s not,” Lance says and pulls out his thick Oxford dictionary, all the guys look at him as if he is nuts.

            “Fine, look it up,” JC challenges and Lance nods, oh he’s definitely going to look this up.

            Lance peers over the dictionary, looking through all the words, but he can’t see it. Just as he is about to tell JC this, Joey cuts in.

            “I don’t give a fuck if it’s in there,” he says and takes a swig of his beer. “Can we just say it is and move on? Then this can be finished quicker.”

            “Here, here,” Justin agrees, and the two of them laugh. Lance frowns at them and gives them both a stern look.

            “Well, we have to play by the rules,” he says and Justin rolls his eyes.

            “Fuck the bloody rules,” he says, the only reason he’s playing this game is because he was forced into it by Joey, after Lance forced him in. Joey didn’t want to be alone, so he and Justin teamed up, and they’re loosing.

            “You’re only upset because you’re loosing,” Chris says with an evil grin as he contemplates which word can get him a triple word score, he’s winning.

            “I am not!” Justin protests but Chris rolls his eyes.

            “Yeah, keep telling yourself that J,” Chris says and goes back to looking at his letters.

            “Well Lance? Found my word yet?” JC asks getting annoyed at everyone arguing, Lance glances up from his dictionary.

            “I’m still looking, have patience, it’s a virtue you know,” he snaps and Chris laughs.

            “Dude, it’d be quicker if you had a smaller dictionary,” Chris says, both Joey and Justin think this is the funniest thing to be said all night and fall about laughing like hyenas.

            “Then it won’t be as accurate!” Lance snaps, obviously taking the game very seriously.

            “I don’t give a shit about accurate, just find my word and tell me I’m right,” JC states and looks out the window.

            “Ahhh!” Lance exclaims after a while. “See delict not here… oh wait a minute there it is.” JC smiled broadly and the other three burst out laughing at Lance.

            “Delict? Is that a word?” Justin asks and JC nods vigorously.

            “Yes it is,” he says and Chris grins.

            “Okay then smarty pants, what’s it mean?” he asks, knowing JC doesn’t know. He probably heard the word somewhere and thought it was cool.

            “Um...” JC begins, being caught of guard.

            “It means, offence or to commit an offence,” Lance interrupts with a finger running along the page to say that he’s reading it. “God dude, you are such a nerd. Where you pick up these words?”

            JC just shrugs and grins broadly. “I don’t know,” he says, “they just come to me.”

            “Yeah, like yippy-yai-yay?” Chris asks with a grin, and JC scowls at him.

            “At least it’s better than pottily,” JC says, “That’s not a word.”

            “Well at least it’s pronounceable,” Chris scoffs and Lance looks at them both.

            “Yeah if you’re one,” JC replies, and Lance just about has it.

            “Okay guys I’ve had it with all the fights,” he says and get up. “I’m going to bed.” He walks out of the room and Joey and Justin cheer.

            “Thank god,” Justin mumbles and they all laugh. So much for that game of scrabble.

           



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki