A Daddy to Call My Own by Leeann


Number of reviews: 20
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
heres the latest installment :)
Hey guys, Veronica here. I need to tell you the next part of my journey through my own mouth. Well, I'm not exactly talking am I, you know what I mean.

The flight was definitely interesting to say the least. I basically slept the whole way and when I got to Washington DC, I had a five hour lay over where I basically just kinda walked around and listened to my IPOD. It was boring, but what choice did I have.

Fast forward to Orlando, when I finally stepped off the airplane I inhaled the warm Florida air and new there was something in store for me here. I had no idea where I was going so I just headed to the baggage claim to grab my bags.

There was a moment when I was in the cab that I regretted what I'd done. I was now alone in a big city in which I had never been before. I didn't even know where he lived, what was I thinking.

I had the cabbie drop me off at a hotel about five miles away from the airport. It looked affordable and best of all, it looked clean.

"Hello?" I said walking up to the front desk.

"I'll be right there." a man called.

I waited there for a few minutes before he finally came out. He looked really young and I knew that I would be able to rent a room even if I was only sixteen years old.

"I need a room please." I told him.

"For how long?" he asked me.

"How much is it a night?"

"Fifty dollars."

"Well, I guess you better make it three nights for now. Do I pay you now or later?"

"When you check out is fine. All I need you to do is sign here." he said handing her a piece of paper.

I signed on the line with a shaking hand, I was doing it, I was renting a room on my own.

"Thank you Veronica, here is your key. You're room number is 147, just go all the way down the hall and to your left." he smiled.

"Thank you sir."

I gathered my things and headed down the hall and couldn't help but feel slightly giddy, I was finally on the right track to finding my father, my daddy. I was impressed with the room. Everything was neat and clean and it had a really beautiful view of the city. I unpacked everything and set out to go sight seeing. I figured I had a better chance of finding him if I was out and about, instead of sitting in my hotel room.

"Excuse me sir, where can I find a map of Orlando?" I asked the man at the front desk.

"What kind of map do you want? A city map, or a tourist map? We have city maps, but if you want a tour map go down to the gas station on the corner, they have maps to all that other stuff." he smiled.

"Thank you."

So I headed to the gas station on the corner to find a tourist map. I really didn't think of myself as a tourist, but I suppose in a way I was. My main objective was to find my father.

"Can I help you find something?" the young woman working the gas station asked.

"I'm looking for maps."

"Back there, is there any in particular you want?"

"Can I just be honest for a moment and ask if you have any to stars houses?" I asked on a whim.

"Who are you trying to find?" she asked.

"I don't know, aren't there old Nsync members here?" I questioned trying not to sound obvious.

"Yeah. I don't know if they're actually accurate, but they have one back there."

"Thanks."

My stomach was in knots as I walked back towards the maps. Would I find what I was looking for? Or would it again be another failure on the road to finding my daddy. I reached the maps, and could tell the one I needed right away. It screamed cheesy. I picked it up and opened it, looking for a moment. It didn't even look real. Although it was a disappointment, I had nothing to lose at that point so I bought it.

"Found what you wanted?" the girl asked.

"I guess. It doesn't look very reliable." I shrugged trying to disguise my disappointment.

"Yeah, well good luck." she said handing me the bag.

"Thank you, I have a feeling I'll need it."

I left and went back to the hotel. I plopped down on my bed and opened up the map and took a look. It showed all the celebrities that supposedly lived in Orlando. All of the Nsync members were in here, I circled Lance's house and put stars by all the other Nsync members homes.

"Shoot, I need to call Mari." I said grabbing my cell. I dialed the familiar number and waited for the phone to pick up.

"Veronica? Did you make it all right ? Are you safe?" Mari asked as soon as she picked up.

"Hey Marianne, I'm fine, don't worry. I'm in my hotel now."

"Awesome, I've been worried. Your mom has called me like five times. What should I tell her?" Mari questioned.

"You don't need to tell her anything, I'll call her after I get off here."

"Okay. Do you have a plan yet?"

"I have a so called map of the celebrities that I'm going to test tomorrow. They've got all of the Nsync members in here including Lance. I'm hoping I didn't waste my five dollars. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'll give it a try."

"Well, good luck."

"Thanks. So how's LA?"

"Boring without you. I have nothing to do now."

"Sorry Mari, I had to do this."

"I know Vee, listen, it's getting pretty late you should probably call your mom. I have a feeling that you're going to be on the phone with her for quite a while.

"Thanks Mari, I love you. I'll keep you informed." I said ready to hang up.

"Thanks Vee, love you too."

I hung up the phone and took a deep breath before dialing my home number.

"Hello Veronica is that you?" Leeann said before the phone even had a chance to ring in my ear.

"Yes mum, it's me."

"Are you okay? Where are you?"

"I'm fine mum, I'm in Orlando."

"Thank goodness, I've been so worried. How could you do this?"

"Mum, don't you understand? I had to do this. I've never had a chance to know my dad because you've always stopped me. You're always telling me to grab my own kite strings and fly it myself for a while and I did. I want to know my father. I know you want to protect me from him, but it's my turn to find that out for myself."

"I know honey, I just. I don't even know what to say. Everything messed up between the two of us and I just wanted to spare you the hurt. I understand why you had to go, I accept that I just wish you would have told me."

"Mum, if I would have told you, you would have stopped me. I had to do this on my own."

"Yeah, I would have tried to stop you." Leeann agreed.

"You wouldn't happen to know where he lives would you? I have this map of the stars, but it seems lame and I don't even think it's real."

"Yeah, I have his address. I've kept dibs on him throughout the years, I just haven't dared to contact him at all. What are you going to do?"

"Well if you have his address, I'll just go see him tomorrow. I was going to go test this map out tomorrow, but with your help, it'll be loads easier and I won't have to worry about getting lost. Well, to an extent."

"How did you rent a hotel room? You're only sixteen." Leeann asked suddenly.

"I don't know, they just let me check in. They didn't ask me for any kind of ID." I shrugged.

"That's surprising, most hotels ask for an ID."

"Shocked me, I can't believe I actually did it."

"Do you have enough money?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Well, if you run out, let me know I'll wire you some."

"Thanks mum, I love you."

"I love you too sweetie."

"Oh, can I have that address before I forget?"

"Sure, let me go get it. Can you hold on?"

"Yeah, but you really need to invest in a cordless phone mum." I snickered.

"This one works fine. Hold on."

I couldn't believe that she was being so understanding. I thought she would cuss me out then make me come home right away. My mum can be understanding at times, but this was different.

"You there hon?"

"Yes mum, did you get it?"

"Yeah, I got the phone number too."

"Go ahead."

I wrote the address and phone number that she gave me and verified it back just to make sure that I got it right.

"Thanks mum. You're a rockstar. I'm a little shocked that you didn't yell at me and demand I come home at once."

"I thought about it, and I knew that you would want to meet him eventually. Although this is not the way I would have thought you would go, but I know how much this means to you. I want you to be happy and if meeting your father is what it takes to make you happy, then you have my blessing."

"Thanks mum, I'd hug you right now if I could."

"I know sweetie, I feel the same way."

"Well, I need to get going. I'll call you later and keep you informed of what happens."

"Thank you sweetie. Good luck, and if you have any problems or want to come home, just do so any time."

"Thanks mum. Good night."

"Good night honey, sweet dreams."

I hung up the phone and yawned. It was only 8:30pm, so it seemed a little awkward to go to bed already. I stepped out onto my private patio and sat down in one of the chairs. I sighed deeply and closed my eyes. Everything was working out better than I could possibly imagine. I had my mothers blessing and she'd given me his address so I wouldn't have to go on a wild goose chase the next morning to find him.

The view was exquisite, the sun was just on the horizon and the clouds were pink, a beautiful way to end such an eventful day. I yawned again and decided to change into my pajamas and go to bed after all. I didn't care what time it was, when you're tired, you're tired.

I went inside and grabbed my pajamas then went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my face wash and lathered it up when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby. What are you doing?"

"Braeden, I told you to stop calling me, we're through."

"Come on baby, let's talk about this."

"We already did the talking Braeden, we said everything when I saw you making out with Stacey. Don't call back." I hung up the phone on him then went back to the bathroom and washed my now itching face.

'The nerve of that asshole.' I whispered.

Braeden and I had been dating for about a year when I went to his house one day and found him on his front porch making out with Stacey, one of my ex-best friends. He's been trying to get back together with me ever since then, but I say no way man. Once a cheater always a cheater.

I grabbed my IPOD and my ear buds and laid down on my bed. I pushed play and shut the light off. The first song that played made me want to cry as it always does. I'll write the lyrics here for you, so you can see why. It's a song that's near and dear to my heart, except that I've never met my father before.

I wait for the postman to bring me a letter
I wait for the good Lord to make me feel better
And I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders
A family in crisis that only grows older

Why'd you have to go
Why'd you have to go
Why'd you have to go

Daughter to father, daughter to father
I am broken but I am hoping
Daughter to father, daughter to father
I am crying, a part of me is dying and
These are, these are
The confessions of a broken heart

And I wear all your old clothes, your polo sweater
I dream of another you
The one who would never (never)
Leave me alone to pick up the pieces
A daddy to hold me, that's what I needed

So why'd you have to go
Why'd you have to go
Why'd you have to go

Daughter to father, daughter to father
I don't know you, but I still want to
Daughter to father, daughter to father
Tell me the truth, did you ever love me
Cause these are, these are
The confessions of a broken heart

I love you,
I love you
I love you
I.
I love you

Daughter to father, daughter to father
I don't know you, but I still want to
Daughter to father, daughter to father
Tell me the truth...
Did you ever love me
Did you ever love me
These are
The confessions...of a broken heart

Ohhh....yeah

I wait for the postman to bring me a letter..

I've always waited for the postman to bring me a letter, some kind of news that my father cared enough to come find me. That maybe if I was good enough, he'd knock on our door and come see me. It never happened.

Well guys I've got to get to sleep now, tomorrow I get to meet my father. Or so I hope. Join me tomorrow for the next part of my journey, I'll tell you about this one, see you next time.

*Confessions of a Broken Heart by Lindsay Lohan



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki