Broken Promises by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Thanks to Tiffany for letting me use her idea!!

Tiffany.

 

I was playing around with Joey, Chris and JC on the beach when JC heard Justin come out on the deck to join us after getting off the phone with Britney.

"So, was that Britney?" JC asked handing Justin a beer as they were watching me and Joey and Chris.

"Yeah, she's on her way from the airport," Justin said taking a sip of the beer he was just handed.

"I bet you miss her," JC said.

"Yeah, I do," Justin said drinking the beer and looking at me across the area. "She looks happy." He pointed in my general direction and JC nodded.

"Yeah, she does," JC said, with a slight sparkle in his eye. “She didn’t deserve to go through all that shit.”

"Yeah, I can't believe that Lance did what he did to her," Justin commented shaking his head...

"I can't either, I mean they were so much in love, and then he left her after he found out she was pregnant," JC agreed. “It took her a long time to move on.  I know that Morgan isn't my son but I love him as my own." He glanced over to the young boy that was sitting with me, Joey and Chris in the sand. There was a small pause as they watched for a while, before we began heading back up towards them.

"I know you do," Justin said we approached. “We all do.”

"You know Joshua, I really hate you right now," I said hitting him in the chest playfully.

"What I do?" JC asked with a small confused look on his face.

"You could have come down there and helped me but no you were just standing here talking to Justin," I said.

"I'm sorry baby," JC said wrapping his arms around me and him kissing me.

"Yeah, whatever so Justin I saw you on the phone before was that Britney?" I asked, pulling away him and standing next to Justin.

"Who else would it be?" Justin said rolling his eyes at me.

“Geesh, I was just asking, no need to get your panties in a twist,” I teased and Justin grunted.

"Hey baby," JC interrupted wrapping his arms around me from behind as he and Joey walked up.

"Hey," I said not glancing up at him.

“I’m sorry,” JC whispered in my ear and I managed a small smile.

“It’s okay,” I whispered, leaning back and kissing him.

“Okay kids, take it inside,” Chris said interrupting us. We all laughed and headed on inside.

"Daddy, Daddy!" Morgan said running into the house and into JC’s arms.

"Hey buddy," JC said picking him up and walking into the living room to sit down.  He looks so much like Lance, I thought watching JC interact with Morgan, he had Lance’s stunning green eyes that had always made me swoon.

"Look what I did at school," Morgan said interrupting my thoughts and showing JC a picture he’d drawn.

"Wow, why don't you go put that in your bag and get ready for school, I need to talk to your mom for a moment," JC said looking at it. Morgan nodded as JC gave it back to him and climbed off JC’s lap into his room to get his bag. JC stood up as I headed into the kitchen.

"So, what do you want to talk to me about?" I asked as he followed me into the kitchen.

"I don't know how to say this,” JC said pausing, “But, um, Lance is in town.”

"I figured he would be since its Christmas and all," I said putting stuff away, trying to distract myself from going crazy.

"He wants to see his son," JC said, that stopped me in my tracks. I turned to face JC, my anger now fully out of control.

            “No way!” I yelled, JC put a hand on my arm to try and calm me down.

            “Okay calm down,” he said softly but I shook him off.

            “No JC, don’t tell me to calm down,” I snapped. “After what he did you expect me to just let him see his son?”

"Come on, it was a few years ago, can you just let it go and let him see his son?” JC asked trying to be rational, I glared at him. Was he nuts?

"JC, I told you no I don't want him any where near my son, I will never forgive him for what he did!" I stated, still upset.

"Look, I love you and Morgan as my own family but I don't want to cut Lance out of his life." JC said, “He has a right to see his son as much as any of us.”

"JC, I love you too and I know Lance needs to be a part of his life but if he wanted to be a part of his life he could have been there from the start!" I yelled with tears.

"Daddy I'm ready," Morgan said as he came down the stairs with a backpack on his back. JC bent down and picked up my son in his arms.

“Okay buddy, let’s go,” he said and looked at me. “I don’t want to fight, so we'll talk more about this later.” I sighed in defeat and agreed.

“Okay then, bye,” I replied, I kissed Morgan on the cheek. “Bye honey be good.”

“I will mommy,” Morgan replied and squirmed in JC’s arms. “Let’s go daddy!”

“Okay, let’s go,” JC said, and turned to me. “Bye.”

“Bye,” I replied, then we kissed and they left.

 

Hours later I was still upset and I didn't even hear the door open, I looked to see Justin there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked looking at Justin from where I was sitting.  

"I came to get my bag that I forgot, is everything okay?" Justin asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah, everything is just perfect," I snapped.

"Okay then, um, I'll talk to you later I got to get to the radio station," Justin said and hurried out the door.

"Okay," I said to his fleeing back. I sighed, glad to be left alone.

I sat there in contemplation for a while thinking about what JC said, okay so Lance was back in town and wanted to see his son. But should I let him? After what he did? He bailed out on Morgan as well, and I wasn’t about to let him get away with that, not in a million years. But wasn’t it good for Morgan to see his father? Then again, my son thought JC was his father, so was he really missing out on anything?

“Hey baby.” I looked up, breaking my though concentration and saw JC walk in the door with Morgan trotting in after him. “Bubby go take your shoes off, then we can show mommy what you did today okay?”

“Okay!” Morgan yelled excitedly, and ran off to take his shoes off. I smiled as JC walked up to me and kissed my fore head.

“Hey,” I said softly, “So how was your day?”

JC laughed lightly and sat down on a chair next to mine, “It was good.”

“Yeah?” I asked with a raised eyebrow, because I knew he was point blank lying.

“Yeah it was,” he said fiddling with the hem of the tablecloth. “So are you still mad?”

“I think I’ve had time to cool off,” I replied and he smiled slightly. “But I’m still pretty upset.”

“Yeah I know you are,” he said softly, “But I think we should at least consider letting Lance see his son.” I rolled my eyes, why did he have to go into that now?

“No,” I said still not wavering from my decision earlier.

“Why not? And don’t tell me it’s because of what he did,” JC said and I sighed, what else was I supposed to say?

“Well it is. Joshua, he walked away from me when I told him about Morgan. We were supposed to be in love, but obviously we weren’t,” I said and JC shook his head.

“Well maybe he had his reasons Tiff,” he tried to reason.

“Like what? He was too scared to face the responsibility? I don’t think so,” I snapped, and JC sighed.

“Okay fine, maybe you’re right,” he said. I was just about to reply when my son came running back into the room with a piece of paper in his hands.

“Mommy look!” Morgan yelled running towards me, I smiled and scooped him up into my arms.

“What do have there?” I asked sitting him on my lap as he showed me a colorful crayoned painting.

“It’s a picture!” He exclaimed excitedly.

“She can see that Bud, but what is it about?” JC asked trying to get the little boy to explain.

“It’s a picture of my family!” Morgan said again.

“Really?” I asked, and looked at the picture. “That’s a lot of people in this family.”
            “Yeah! That’s me, you and daddy!” Morgan said pointing to the various stick figures. “And Uncle Justin, Uncle Chris and Uncle Joey!”

“Wow, that’s amazing Bud,” JC said with excitement. He reached over and took Morgan from my arms. “Right sweetie?”

“Yeah, it’s amazing,” I agreed as JC and my son got up to stick the picture on the fridge. “So what do you guys want for dinner?”

“Roast beef!” Morgan called excitedly, and I half smiled.

“Okay then,” I said, but a little bit of me felt disappointed, and I think it had something to do with my son’s picture that was conveniently missing an “uncle” Lance.


 



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki