Broken Promises by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Lance.
 

            When Tiffany said those things, about JC being Morgan’s father my heart seriously broke, But it was what was supposed to be expected. I had left her, five, six years ago and what did I expect? She was bitter, and she was going to take it out on me.

            “Well, I’m going to get Morgan back in here and give him a bath,” JC said standing up and walking outside, he could sense that Tiff and I needed to talk. Jayce went outside, and the minute he stepped outside I turned to Tiff.

            “I respect that this is what you want to do,” I said to her and she nodded.

            “It is,” she said softly watching our son playing in the sand outside with JC. “It’s what’s best for him.”

            “I know Tiff,” I said letting my eye wander to where JC had picked up Morgan and was heading back inside. “But I still would like him to see me as his father, not Jayce.”

            “No,” Tiffany said without letting much room in her voice for argument. “You haven’t been there Lance, you didn’t raise him. Joshua is all Morgan knows as a father, you are just his sperm donor.” There was harshness in her voice and I felt it was like a slap in my face. I looked to the door as the sound of JC and Morgan muttering quietly to each other.

            “Hey guys,” JC said with a smile, “We’re going to take a bath, call us when you’re done here okay?” JC looked at Tiffany who nodded and JC smiled at her. “Okay then, let’s go bud you smell.”

            “No you do!” Morgan squealed in delight as he and JC walked out the room and up the stairs. The moment Morgan was out of the room I looked at Tiff.

            “I still love you Tiff, I always have,” I said softly, “And I want you and Morgan back in my life.” She looked at me, tears in her eyes and shook her head.

            “No,” she said, “No, you don’t love me Lance. You left me to fend for myself when I told you about Morgan, that’s not love. And now you can’t just come here and expect me and Morgan to come back to you. What makes you think you have that right?” She had an accusatory tone to her voice, and I have to admit I’m sure she had a point.

            “I know you’re still bitter Tiff, but we can work past that,” I said and she shook her head.

            “We can’t Lance,” she replied. “And you want to know why? Because I’m married to Joshua.”

            “Yeah but do you love him?” I asked and she looked at me, there was a silence for a while as she wondered what to say.

            “Hey, are you people deaf?” Chris’ voice asked interrupting our conversation. We both looked up to see the older man standing in the doorway shaking his head.

            “Hey Chris, when did you get here?” Tiffany asked getting up and walking over to Chris. Chris reached over and hugged her with a laugh.

            “A few minutes ago, I’ve been ringing the bell for ages,” he said with a chuckle. “But I realized you probably had the TV on and couldn’t hear me so I just let myself in.” Tiffany laughed at his antics and kissed his cheek.

            “As always,” she said lightly, “But we still love you. Let’s go get a drink.”

            “Okay,” Chris said with a raised eyebrow but didn’t question her. “Coming Lance?” I nodded and got up slowly, watching Tiffany walk past Chris and into the kitchen, knowing what her answer to my question would be. Because I could see it in her eyes, as always.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki