Broken Promises by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tiffany.

 

            I was preparing an easy pizza dinner for my boys when I heard the door bell ring. I sighed and wondered if I should open it. I decided I would and set the timer on the oven for fifteen minutes.

            “Hang on a minute!” I called and wiped my hands on my apron and headed to answer the door. “I wonder who it can be,” I muttered as I opened the door.

            “Hi.” I stopped in my tracks; utterly speechless as to whom I was seeing standing right in front of me. He hadn’t changed a bit, his hair was a bit darker than I last remembered, but his eyes still glittered and sparkled the way they used to.

            “Lance?” I asked in utter shock not knowing what to say. He smiled goofily at me, and ran a shaky hand through his hair.

            “Hey Tiff,” he said, looking anywhere but right at me. I swallowed the ball that had grown in my throat.

            “W-What are you doing here?” I asked trying to shake the shock out of my head. “I mean I know you are in town to see Morgan, but I already told you no.”

            “I was hoping you’d reconsider?” he asked sheepishly, with his sexy goofy Lance smile.

            “Um, I don’t know,” I said still trying to over come my shock, but once he smiled again I knew I couldn’t turn him down. “Um, okay come in.”

            “Thanks,” he said as I stepped aside and let him pass. He walked in and gave a low whistle.

            “Wow,” he said, “Nice place, I didn’t consider you to be the type but this is nice.”

            “Only the best for Morgan,” I said with a small smile and gestured towards the kitchen. “Why don’t you sit down? I mean, Morgan isn’t home yet but he will be soon, I’m making pizza.”

            “Sure,” he said and walked ahead of me into the kitchen. “Smells good, Hawaiian?”

            I smiled and nodded, “Um, yeah. It’s Morgan’s favorite.”

            “A boy after his father’s heart,” he said and sat down at the kitchen table, I sat next to him and there was a pause between us, each of us not knowing what to day.

            “Um, so how’ve you been?” I asked and he shrugged.

            “Good, I guess,” he replied and looked around him. “I mean I just got an offer to film a new movie.”

            “That’s nice,” I said and was about to add something else when the timer went off. “Oh, pizza’s ready.” He nodded; I smiled at him and got up to take the pizza out the oven. “So...” I said taking it out and putting it on the counter.

            “So...” he said, he too was at a loss for words.

            “You want to...” I began but just as I did so the front door opened and I heard the running of little feet.

            “Mommy!” I heard my five year old son scream as he ran into the kitchen and right at my legs.

            “Hey honey,” I said picking him up and pushing back the hair on his head. “Did you say hello to mommy’s friend?” Morgan smiled at me and looked at Lance grinning widely.

            “Hi!” he said enthusiastically.

            “Hi,” Lance replied getting up and walking towards us.

            “Morgan buddy? Where are you I hope you took your shoes off?” JC’s voice came from the entry way, I took a deep breath in as I turned to see Lance’s eyes change.

            Morgan squirmed in my arms to get down. “Daddy!” he called and as I put him down he ran back to JC.

            “Daddy?” Lance whispered not looking at me now. I looked at him with a loss of words.

            “Lance…” I began but he shook his head not wanting to hear it.

            “No, so this is what you did? You didn’t tell him the truth about me?” he asked a bitter tome taking over his voice.

            “Well what did you want me to do? What would I have said if he asked where you were?” I asked trying not to snap.

            “You could have told him that I was away or something and was coming back, not have him think Jayce was his father. What are you guys married as well?” Lance snapped, and I glared at him.

            “Lance, what if you never came back huh? You want me to get his hopes up only to get them torn down? I don’t think so,” I snapped in a low whisper not wanting JC and Morgan to hear.

            “You didn’t answer me, what are you and Jayce married now or what?” he asked, I opened my mouth to answer but just as I did so JC walked in with Morgan on his hip.

            “Hey baby,” he said and stopped in his tracks. “Um, Lance hey.”

            “Yeah, what ever,” Lance snapped glaring at me and then at JC. “I was just leaving.”

            “Lance wait...” I called but it was too late he was already out the door and running down the driveway to his car. “Lance!” I called again after him, but he refused to listen as he got into his car and sped off. Great, just great.

            “Um, Morgan buddy why don’t you go outside and play for a bit while I talk to mommy okay?” JC’s voice said from somewhere behind me as I still stood in the door way watching Lance’s disappeared car.

            “Okay daddy,” Morgan said as I heard him being put down by JC and running off to the back.

            “You okay?” JC whispered in my ear a few seconds later. I shook my head.

            “No, he... I mean… he wanted to see Morgan,” I said and JC nodded wrapping his arms around me.

            “And you didn’t tell him about us I gather?” he asked softly, again I shook my head as he kissed my neck.

            “No,” I said, and not let my eyes leave the driveway.

            “Honey, he’s gone. Let’s go in and finish dinner then we can talk about this,” JC said in my ear and I mutely nodded. “Okay then, come on.” I nodded again and he gently steered me back into the house and towards the pizza.

            “Morgan! Come eat!” I called when we were back in the kitchen. I didn’t have to wait long as Morgan came running back inside covered in sand, and as he ran up to me, he looked more like Lance than ever.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki