Broken Promises by angel_from_africa


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Lance.

 

            My blood was boiling as I sat in the car and drove back to my hotel. I couldn’t believe what I had just seen, and I couldn’t believe Jayce would lie to me like that. As I pulled up to the hotel and slammed the car door, I stormed through the lobby, ignoring the number of screaming fans calling my name. I had more important things to do. I stalked past the reception and to the elevator.

            “Mr. Bass! You have some messages!” The receptionist called after me, but I just ignored him and tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for the elevator. It finally came and people poured out, once it was empty I jumped inside and pressed the button to close the door, leaving some very stunned hotel guests in the lobby but I didn’t care. I pressed my floor number and stood there trying to calm down.

            My heart was beating so fast I thought it would never stop. My eyes filled with tears as I realized what really had just taken place, and very slowly my knees fell to the ground, because I knew that my past had definitely come back to haunt me.

 

            “Lance, talk to me,” Chris’ voice said a few hours later when he’d phoned me to see if we could go out and I point blank refused, I was too bloody depressed.

            “Why?” I snapped and closed my eyes yawning.

            “Because it’s good for you,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

            “C, when were you people going to tell me about Jayce being Morgan’s dad?” I snapped getting straight to the point. Chris let out a long deep sigh.

            “When the time was right,” he replied and I felt like strangling him.

            “Do you really want me to believe that shit?” I asked, “Come on C tell me the bloody truth for once.”

            “What do you want me to say Lance? Huh? You left her six years back and expect her to fall back into your arms when you get back? Dude what world do you live in,” Chris asked and I growled.

            “I live in the real world C, where sons know who their fathers are,” I said and Chris sighed.

            “Well Jayce may not be Morgan’s blood father, but he was there when he was born and is all Morgan knows as a dad,” Chris reasoned.

            “Well I’m his father not him, and Tiff loves me,” I said and there was a pause. “What C? What aren’t you guys telling me?”

            “I think you and Jayce should talk about that,” Chris said, “I’m going to go and have fun tonight if you don’t want to. See ya.”

            “Yah what ever,” I snorted and he hung up. I didn’t replace the phone for some time, I just lay with it by my ear listening to the dead dial tone and wondering about Chris had said.

 

            “Hey Lance, let’s go out.” Those were the first words I heard as I picked up the phone from Justin. I groaned because I didn’t want to go out, I just wanted to stay in and forget everything.

            “No,” I said point blank and Justin groaned. “I just disagreed to Chris for going out, so my answer is no.”

            “Come on Lance, it’ll be fun,” Justin said trying to make it sound convincing. “Besides you’re not with C man, you’ll be with me.”

            “Great, more fun,” I said sarcastically and Justin laughed.

            “You’ll meet loads of chicks, go out and get laid. You need to get laid man,” Justin said and I rolled my eyes at him.

            “I don’t need to get laid thank you very much,” I said and Justin laughed.

            “Yeah right Bass, keep telling yourself that. Now get ready, I’ll be there in an hour so we can go out, no excuses,” Justin said hung up before I could reply.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki